No
30%
Maybe
33%

Total votes: 30

SirNitram
Rest in Peace, Black Mage

Post by SirNitram »

Dalton wrote:Why is it that I'm almost always immediately recognizable?
The gravitational anomaly.
Manic Progressive: A liberal who violently swings from anger at politicos to despondency over them.

Out Of Context theatre: Ron Paul has repeatedly said he's not a racist. - Destructinator XIII on why Ron Paul isn't racist.

Shadowy Overlord - BMs/Black Mage Monkey - BOTM/Jetfire - Cybertron's Finest/General Miscreant/ASVS/Supermoderator Emeritus

Debator Classification: Trollhunter
Dalton
For Those About to Rock We Salute You

Post by Dalton »

SirNitram wrote:The gravitational anomaly.
Fuck you :)
To Absent Friends
Dalton | Admin Smash | Knight of the Order of SDN

"y = mx + bro" - Surlethe
"You try THAT shit again, kid, and I will mod you. I will
mod you so hard, you'll wish I were Dalton." - Lagmonster

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

Phil Skayhan wrote:
Dalton wrote:Alright! The movie and Friday's went pretty well. Highlights of the day...

Me. I missed the 11:39 train, had to take the 12:39. Got to the theater at 1:31 PM, a minute after the scheduled movie start. Everyone was waiting for me :P

Got in, got the tickets, wound up in the neckcramp seats. Jason turned up like some sort of "theater ninja" according to Rob.

Soon after the movie starts I am handed a box of donuts. I hate you guys.
Cue Fiddler on the Roof music: Tradition!
:D :P
Phil Skayhan wrote:
Dalton wrote: After the movie: we split into two groups. Greg, myself, Rob and Lee head up to Greg's rental car and haul it to the Friday's, getting stuck in 11th Ave. traffic for a good half hour. Still get there an hour before Phil (who knows the area) and the rest of the entourage.

Because like an idiot I go left out of Jersey City instead of right, turning a 20 minute trip into an hour and a half!! I'm still pissed at myself.
Remember the story is Hookers, guns and a rabid cuban :angelic:
Phil Skayhan wrote:
Dalton wrote:I proceed to have a rum and coke on an empty stomach, draining it in under five minutes. My head buzzes worse than after the three I had the previous night.

Later on at Friday's we get to meet Phil's cute friend Kathy. Rob hits on her. ;)
Shortly after that walks in a tiny woman with humongous, obviously fake knockers. Phil seems to know the man she's with. Hmm.
Yeah, Kathy's sweet when she's not hitting you in the head with a calculator and drawing blood. :lol:
I've known Terry and Rhiannon for years. And she wasn't as "pumped-up" as she could have been. I mean that literally. Look for her on the cover of the forth-coming Cleavage Magazine.
Yeah I did see that...I still love she can inflate and deflate herself.

Phil Skayhan wrote:
Dalton wrote:Me, Rob and Ghost Rider decide to spend our time hanging out IRL to talk about...Stardestroyer.net. Whee!
Plotting their imminent coup.... :twisted:
Shhhhhhhhhhh.....
Phil Skayhan wrote:
Dalton wrote:That's my night. And fun was had by all, I assume.
I did. I just wish I didn't have to drive those extra 2 hours home tonight.

It was great seeing the crew from the last time as well as meeting Hotfoot, Soonir, Ghost Rider, and Macao. All whom I've never really spoken to on the board. Definately a plus getting to know them.

And now the obligatory pic
Yeah it was cool to get to see you guys.

and remember....hooker, guns and a rabid cuban, Phil.

As for my obligatory story...I blam Wilson for the start :P And well after 10 minutes and him telling his friend Lee(lurker) that I resemble GR, he finally asks(this was at the amtrak getting there)
Dalton wrote:Me, Kathy, Soontir, Hotfoot, Marcao (Behind Ghost Rider's huge melon), Rob W. with his Bendy Straw of Fun, Ghost Rider (and his huge melon), Lurker and Greg/CmdrWilkens, the Littlest Marine.

And I do not have a huge melon, my head is a of a perfect manly shape :P
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete
Phil Skayhan
Jedi Knight

Post by Phil Skayhan »

Ghost Rider wrote:
Phil Skayhan wrote: Because like an idiot I go left out of Jersey City instead of right, turning a 20 minute trip into an hour and a half!! I'm still pissed at myself.
Remember the story is Hookers, guns and a rabid cuban :angelic:
I didn't tell what happened to us after we went left......yet.. :twisted:
Dalton

Post by Dalton »

Ghost Rider wrote:And I do not have a huge melon, my head is a of a perfect manly shape :P
For a melon, melon-head.
To Absent Friends

Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

Dalton wrote:
Ghost Rider wrote:And I do not have a huge melon, my head is a of a perfect manly shape :P
For a melon, melon-head.
That's it...I ENJOYED THAT FIRST DONUT! :P

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Hotfoot

Post by Hotfoot »

Ah yes. I would have posted sooner, but Marcao was keeping me prison at Isengard, and I only recently managed to escape through the network of underground tunnels.

It was a very enjoyable two days. I had lots of fun chatting with everyone, and of course the movie kicked my ass for a second time that week.

Some memorable moments:
Marcao being named the honorary member of GALE so that all the user groups could be properly represented (of the two of us, I'm the one most people would think was gay, though in the eyes of Amtrak we're married with children).

The obligatory bone-shattering street fight between Dalton (who was representing MM) and myself (representing HAB). The loser: Times Square. Next time we'll schedule Godzilla, form an unlikely alliance to stop the monster, turn on each other for some perceived betrayal, then get blasted by his radioactive fire.

The Littlest Marine Witch-King (hey, you gonna say otherwise?) and the nine onion rings of power (because we all know from reading Tolkien's notes that Sauron became a short order cook after his defeat). Dalton experimented with what would happen if one man had all nine rings. The answer: greasy fingers followed by higher cholesterol. We also tested the MacBeth clause on CmdrWilkens, no such luck. Next time we'll get Sigourney Weaver with an assault rifle and see how well that works.

Nearly killed Rob W. twice, now I imagine he'll make it a point not to be consuming food or drink while I'm around...but eventually he'll slip. I can wait...oh yes...I can wait...

And, for the record, that "DAMN!" the entire theatre heard when Minas Tirith was shown for the first time was Marcao. I would have dealt with it, but I was...uh...awestruck. Yeah....
Do not meddle in the affairs of insomniacs, for they are cranky and can do things to you while you sleep.
The Realm of Confusion
"Every time you talk about Teal'c, I keep imagining Thor's ass. Thank you very much for that, you fucking fucker." -Marcao
SG-14: Because in some cases, "Recon" means "Blow up a fucking planet or die trying."
SilCore Wiki! Come take a look!
Rob Wilson
Sith Apprentice

Post by Rob Wilson »

Your picture on every box of Doughnuts. :P
"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with, until you understand whose in f***ing command here!" Jayne : Firefly
"The officers can stay in the admin building and read the latest Tom Clancy novel thinking up new OOBs based on it." Coyote

Image Image
HAB Tankspotter - like trainspotting but with the thrill of 125mm retaliation if they spot you back
Rob Wilson
Sith Apprentice

Post by Rob Wilson »

Ghost Rider wrote:
As for my obligatory story...I blam Wilson for the start :P And well after 10 minutes and him telling his friend Lee(lurker) that I resemble GR, he finally asks(this was at the amtrak getting there)
It's an NY tradition, whenever we collect someone from Penn station we have to miss them in some obvious but startling way. In this case, I was working from a six month old picture. And basically pointed to a guy and said "like him, but with shorter hair and a bit chunkier." Of course the person I'm pointing to turns out to be GR. :oops:

And on that note, I'll end this 34 hour day and get some sleep in my own bed. Lurker has the Digital camera, so when I see him after Chrimbo - the pictures will go up... Or I'll poke him over E-mail and get him to post them sooner.

Speaking of pictures, someone post the Jay and Silent Bob pic. :D
"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with, until you understand whose in f***ing command here!" Jayne : Firefly
"The officers can stay in the admin building and read the latest Tom Clancy novel thinking up new OOBs based on it." Coyote

Image Image
HAB Tankspotter - like trainspotting but with the thrill of 125mm retaliation if they spot you back
Rob Wilson
Sith Apprentice

Post by Rob Wilson »

Hotfoot wrote: Nearly killed Rob W. twice, now I imagine he'll make it a point not to be consuming food or drink while I'm around...but eventually he'll slip. I can wait...oh yes...I can wait...
DO not anger the owner of the Bendy Starw of Doom, for death shall swiftly follow, involving much pain, slurping noises and tiny chips of ice - plus your remians will easily fit into a Medium Drinks glass. :twisted:

Image Image
Daltonator
Reclusive Wanker

Post by Daltonator »

Rob Wilson wrote:
If you weren't Army I'd so kick your ass.
JMS 4:22 | Image
CmdrWilkens
Emperor's Hand

Post by CmdrWilkens »

Ghost Rider wrote:
Dalton wrote:
For a melon, melon-head.
That's it...I ENJOYED THAT FIRST DONUT! :P
For the fair warning of all future participants:

YOU WILL BE INITIATED..FEAR THE OLD ONES.

Also did I mention that it is a BAD idea to be going down the Penn Turnpike and realize that you left your cellphone at your Girlfriend's house...thirty miles the other way when your rental car has limited mileage? Anyway I'm still recovering after three hour's sleep, work, and then three hours of work moving out of my apartment (still need a few more days worth of work).
SDNet World Nation: Wilkonia
Armourer of the WARWOLVES
ASVS Vet's Association (Class of 2000)
Former C.S. Strowbridge Gold Ego Award Winner
MEMBER of the Anti-PETA Anti-Facist LEAGUE

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. "
-Kingdom of Heaven
Daltonator
Reclusive Wanker

Post by Daltonator »

Ghost Rider wrote:That's it...I ENJOYED THAT FIRST DONUT! :P
Next time, GR. Next time.
JMS 4:22 | Image
Dalton

Post by Dalton »

Surely some other folks have something to add :)
To Absent Friends

RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Dalton wrote:Surely some other folks have something to add :)
Um, ok. The Florida meet was so much better! :P
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
His Divine Shadow
Commence Primary Ignition

Post by His Divine Shadow »

Unfortunately there's an ocean in the way, but if I was guaranteed to get some, I might go :D
Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who did not.
Rob Wilson
Sith Apprentice

Post by Rob Wilson »

Daltonator wrote:
Rob Wilson wrote:
If you weren't Army I'd so kick your ass.
That would need to be a Mighty long leg. :P

And I wasn't flirting with Cathy, just pointing out that all beautiful women seem to be camera-shy - you'll note that not 2 minutes later she was happily posing for shots, wore her hair down and ended the night with an appointment for a photo shoot in Cleavage Magazine - never doubt the power of the Rob Wilson Persuas-o-matic (TM).

Believe it or not, it is possible to talk with stunningly attractive young women and NOT flirt with them - of course they have to be married or have Boy/Girlfriends, hence off limits. And as she had mentioned she had a boyfriend before I spoke to her, I wasn't flirting. For future reference, if the lady I'm talking to doesn't edn the night in my bed (or me in hers), you can take it as read that I wasn't flirting with her. :wink:

Image Image
Rob Wilson
Sith Apprentice

Post by Rob Wilson »

RogueIce wrote:
I refute that statement! It couldn't have been better, I wasn't there. :P

With Dalton, Greg, Phil, Lurker and Myself, there was a critical mass of ASVS Regulars at the NY meet, therefore by the very laws of the universe it was better by many magnitudes of Funness.

Plus we had Jay and Silent Bob at our meet, beat that! 8)

Image Image
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Rob Wilson wrote:
RogueIce wrote:
I refute that statement! It couldn't have been better, I wasn't there. :P
That's it... I lay claim on you for the inevitable Episode III Meet, unless I go to New York too. :)
Rob Wilson wrote:With Dalton, Greg, Phil, Lurker and Myself, there was a critical mass of ASVS Regulars at the NY meet, therefore by the very laws of the universe it was better by many magnitudes of Funness.

Oh yeah? Well, we had it in DISNEY! Hah!

Ok, ok, so, by mere virture that you had more than three people, it was probably funner. But ours was pretty good too. Well, come visit Florida next time! :)
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
Rob Wilson
Sith Apprentice

Post by Rob Wilson »

RogueIce wrote:
That's it... I lay claim on you for the inevitable Episode III Meet, unless I go to New York too. :)
I will doubtless be at a NY meet for that too, though I'm making plans to ensure as many other people get to go there as possible.
RogueIce wrote:
Rob Wilson wrote:With Dalton, Greg, Phil, Lurker and Myself, there was a critical mass of ASVS Regulars at the NY meet, therefore by the very laws of the universe it was better by many magnitudes of Funness.

Oh yeah? Well, we had it in DISNEY! Hah!

Ok, ok, so, by mere virture that you had more than three people, it was probably funner. But ours was pretty good too. Well, come visit Florida next time! :)
The funny thing was, that I was planning to go to all 3 meets. But the London one got cancelled and there were no flights out of the US available on the Monday, so I had to fly out on Sunday, otherwise there would have been 4 for the Florida meet. Lurker would have had to go home on Sunday anyway due to work.

The Ep III meet will be better organised and have lots more people there. Still the important thing is that everyone had fun, got to know new people and met lots of beautiful women in their accomodation. :wink:

Just a shame Marina or Zaia couldn't make it, poor Kat (friday night) and Cathy (Saturday night) could have done with some female company I'm guessing.

Image Image
Rob Wilson
Sith Apprentice

Post by Rob Wilson »

Of course one of the principle reasons the NYC meeting beats the Florida meeting is that no one in Florida got to cuddle Kat, so :P :P :P :P

Image Image
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

Rob Wilson wrote:Of course one of the principle reasons the NYC meeting beats the Florida meeting is that no one in Florida got to cuddle Kat, so :P :P :P :P
Heck we had women, that alone assures us victory :) :P

Rob Wilson
Sith Apprentice

Post by Rob Wilson »

Ghost Rider wrote:
Rob Wilson wrote:Of course one of the principle reasons the NYC meeting beats the Florida meeting is that no one in Florida got to cuddle Kat, so :P :P :P :P
Not to mention the women in my room - ickle, cute, sky-blue fluffy Pyjama's and hot-pink thongs. A winning combination - unless you want to sleep of course. :wink:

Surely there mus have been some women in Florida.

Image Image
Rob Wilson
Sith Apprentice

Post by Rob Wilson »

Ghost Rider wrote:
Not forgetting home-made fudge and Cookies of purest Green. Hhhhmm Cookies. :)

Image Image
Dalton

Post by Dalton »

Rob Wilson wrote:And I wasn't flirting with Cathy, just pointing out that all beautiful women seem to be camera-shy - you'll note that not 2 minutes later she was happily posing for shots, wore her hair down and ended the night with an appointment for a photo shoot in Cleavage Magazine - never doubt the power of the Rob Wilson Persuas-o-matic (TM).

Believe it or not, it is possible to talk with stunningly attractive young women and NOT flirt with them - of course they have to be married or have Boy/Girlfriends, hence off limits. And as she had mentioned she had a boyfriend before I spoke to her, I wasn't flirting. For future reference, if the lady I'm talking to doesn't edn the night in my bed (or me in hers), you can take it as read that I wasn't flirting with her. :wink:
Rob, the mere fact that you needed an explanation this long to explain your actions speaks volumes :lol:

I'm just fucking with you, though. It's traditional :)
Rob Wilson wrote:The Ep III meet will be better organised and have lots more people there.
Not my fault that half the organization committee dropped off the face of the planet (ARON ;)) and the fact that the Lincoln Tunnel was backed up to Dover!
Wow, you consider cuddling my sister an advantage? :lol:
Well, maybe I'm just biased against the little monster...hehe.
Rob Wilson wrote:Not to mention the women in my room - ickle, cute, sky-blue fluffy Pyjama's and hot-pink thongs. A winning combination - unless you want to sleep of course. ;)
Again, fuck you :)
To Absent Friends