Star Wars Urban Jedi

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

Cal Wright
American Warlord

Star Wars Urban Jedi

Post by Cal Wright »

STAR
WARS

CHAPTER I
URBAN JEDI

The planet Earth has struggled with discovery throughout history. During this time struggles have been created and resolved. Thanks in part to the sacred order of the JEDI BENDU.

Now on the advent of space travel, world leaders have called for a conference with the Jedi council members. They hope to find a path into this new frontier.

Unknown to the order is a rising conflict of members. Huktar has sought out an agent of evil in order to end his plans of WORLD DOMINATION. The outcome of this battle could decide the fate of Earth...

On a hot day, the dust blown around by the wind could be quite unbearable. So was the case today, Huktar thought. An aquatic individual of the Mediterranaen area he was not acustomed to such severe weather. Even worse was the fact that he had to leave the travel within a motorized vehicle in order to pass over the mountains in the region. At first the journey was by way of camel. Now that he had crested the hill and found a beaten path, Huktar was able to gain access to a cart drawn by three camels.

Another traveler was with him. A guide of the area, someone who knew the ecosystem well, and could find local caves, roads and even water supplies. Water, was first on Huktar's list. The traveler was a strange fellow. Very kind but a little on edge. Huktar had noticed him eyeing his belt more than once.

"What is it", Huktar croaked in his scratchy voice,"that keeps one so occupied on my belongings?"
"Forgive me Sir. I could not helpt but notice, that when we started this trip you had a treasure." He was a little nervous to mention this, but thought it best not to anger one that might have great power. Huktar just smiled from behind his hood.
"This my friend", and he pulled back his cloak from around his waist,"is the treasure you mention." The traveler was taken back a piece as Huktar drew the shiny cylinder from his belt clip.
"A...A...A light sword!" The traveler exclaimed. Fear began to grip him.
"A lightsabre as my order calls it. A tool for protection and justice." He smiled gently at the traveler to try and calm him.
"Surely you will cut me down. I beg for my life through servitude!" Suddenly the traveler tossed out his guns and knives before throwing himself on the ground. He worshiped Huktar at his heels. The Jedi kneeled down and helped the man back to his feet.
"There is no need for that. What makes you think I should cut you down?" Huktar canted his large head. Bulbous eyes watching the traveler as he gathered up his possesions.
"There is one who walks much like yourself. A dark stranger from lands unknown. He carries one such light weapon and forces servitude onto my people." The traveler looked around cautiously.
"Well fine sir. Worry not. For that is why I have come. To investigate these claims."
"Then are you like him?" The traveler was nearly beside himself with fear now.
"No. I serve the Force." He thumbed the lightsabre to life. It's shimmering orange blade held the traveler in a hypnotic stare. "I am from the order of the Jedi Bendu. A master of the Jedi ways. If there is evil, it will be vanquished."
The two got back into the cart and headed along thier way.

After some time, the two finally made it to thier destination. A grand temple carved into the side of a mountain. A large revene hid the place in the desert. The traveler got out first and helped Huktar down. He bowed graciously, praying in languages Huktar was not familiar with.
"I am sorry Master. I cannot go any further. Those who enter, never return."
Huktar just looked mildly at the traveler. "I would never ask anyone to venture into the darkness."
With that, he turned and walked to the temple entrance. The traveler took the cart and camels and hid behind a rock, still chanting is incantations.

The air was still and the surroundings silent. The temple was magnificant. Ornate decorations adorned the walls. Gold and silver were to be found everywhere. Huktar made his way slowly across a long walkway. It was hundreds of meters above the ground floor of the temple, and it didnt' seem all that stable. Suddenly there was a sound. Huktar froze in place. The Force began to flow through him as he reached out to his surroundings. Then he sensed a tremor.

"Halt! Who goes there?", a very dark voice boomed out of the shadows.
"I am Huktar. Master of the Jedi Bendu ways. Who do I speak to?" He continued to look around using the Force to try and located the voice.
"I am one that has mastered the ways of the Jedi-Bendu. However, I do not see thier ways." The voice was very ominious this time. Huktar felt a shudder then looked ahead. There, less than a hundred meters in front of him was a figure. He was clad in a black coat, with the hood pulled down low. "I am Revencla!"
Huktar was shocked beyond belief. This could not be the Revencla he knew of. One that he had been on many a mission with. Mainly charity work, to help save lives and rebuild homes. If it was true, he had truly turned the opposite direction.
"What has happened to you old friend?" Huktar asked quickly to try and find answers. Hopefully he could avoid a confrontation. Then out of the silence, a snap-hiss rang out. The shadows were cut with a brilliant crimson glow. So much for a peaceful resolution. Huktar pulled his own blade out, and threw back his hood.

"Happened. Only the truth. Only the way that things should be." Then with the aid of the Force Revencla charged forth into battle. Huktar raised his blade in defense and stood his ground. The two blades clashed and the sparks began to fly. Both were very aware of the narrow walkway. The railings had fallen in certain areas, no longer protecting individuals from the trip down. Huktar stayed on the defensive only stepping back a few feet. Then the two blades locked and Huktar could see the icy stare in his eyes.

"Let go of your anger Revencla. Search for the peace within."
"There is no peace. I was left for dead among a people that does not believe. I fought for my very LIFE!"
They pushed away again. Huktar decided it was time to end this and bring Revencla back to the council on the western shores. He advanced in a very steady pace. Revencla was outraged by this and began his own furious attack. Thier blades locked again.
"You must stop using the Force in such a manner. The Force is for good. Come back with me." Huktar pleaded for the others life. But the venomous response was the last thing he needed to hear.
"My destiny, lies along a dark path Jedi. Prepare to die." With that the battle was renewed. Both combatants fought with a strong vigor. They clashed a few more times before Revencla gave Huktar a strong push through the Force. The dark wave struck him hard. He fell back barely staying on the walkway. Revencla leaped out his downed opponent sweeping his lightsabre at his head. Huktar lifted his blade high and blocked the cut. Then with the aid of the Force he put one foot in Revencla's gut and began to pinwheel over. Huktar grabbed a remaining bar as he rolled off the side. The dark man however was flung over into the abyss. His form disappeared from sight and the blade was extinquished. Huktar clamored back up and sat on his hunches.

A loud cackling began to echo through the great temple. Huktar jumped to his feet clutching his sabre. He looked around. Then the temple began to shake and the walkway collapsed on the far side. Then it quickly fell away before him, so he turned and began to run. Something was restricting him though. He tried calling on the Force to assist his escape. It came just a little, but only enough to keep him from being winded. It felt like a dark grip was on him. When he came to the end of the walkway he lept forward and made it to the stairs just before the path finally crumbled. Huktar raced down the steps, dodging falling debris as he went.

Once he reached the temple entrance he was shocked. A large boulder had fallen in front of it, leaving only the top portion of the tall door open. Then the floor itself opened up causing a large chism to form. Huktar called on the Force as much as he could and jumped for all he was worth. He landed hard against the boulder, but was able to shuffle his way through the small opening. Once over, he tumbled to the ground below. Quickly his fellow traveler grabbed him up and dragged him back to the carts. They jumped into thier transportation and raced away from the revine. Behind them a large dust cloud rose into the sky.

"Onward with all speed good Sir. The council must know of this. The Jedi-Bendu, maybe even the world is in great peril." Huktar drew his hood down over his head and prayed that they could find a way to stop this evil menace.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Hope this doesn't turn out too lame. If someone could tell me how to center text it would be appreciated. That way I can go back and center the yellow text.

Were you born with out a sense of humor or did you lose it in a tragic whoppy cushion accident? -Stormbringer

"We are well and truly forked." -Mace Windu Shatterpoint

"Either way KJA is now Dune's problem. Why can't he stop tormenting me and start writting fucking Star Trek books." -Lord Pounder

The Dark Guard Fleet

Post 1500 acheived on Thu Jan 23, 2003 at 2:48 am
Peregrin Toker
Emperor's Hand

Post by Peregrin Toker »

It certainly looks interesting and original. You should give it a try.

BTW - for some strange reason it reminds me of "Highlander" even though I have never seen it.
"Hi there, would you like to have a cookie?"

"No, actually I would HATE to have a cookie, you vapid waste of inedible flesh!"
Cal Wright
American Warlord

Post by Cal Wright »

I saw the ending of highlander 2 the other night. michael ironside vs that dude whose in mortal combat. they were fighting around some pillar thing.

Were you born with out a sense of humor or did you lose it in a tragic whoppy cushion accident? -Stormbringer

"Either way KJA is now Dune's problem. Why can't he stop tormenting me and start writting fucking Star Trek books." -Lord Pounder

The Dark Guard Fleet

Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Sounds cool, although I have no fucking clue what the heck is going on. WTF is a Jedi-Bendu? I know what a Jedi is... but what the heck is a Bendu? Why are there Jedi on Earth? What the heck is happening?

Good stuff, I'm sure an explaination is coming soon. I await more.
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

An intresting and well written peice. Is the title for the whole thing "Urban Jedi" or was that just this chapter?
Peregrin Toker
Emperor's Hand

Post by Peregrin Toker »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:Sounds cool, although I have no fucking clue what the heck is going on. WTF is a Jedi-Bendu? I know what a Jedi is... but what the heck is a Bendu?
In the early versions of the Star Wars script, the Jedi Knights were called the Jedi Bendu, not Jedi Knights. The ones who were called Knights were the Sith. The Black Knights of the Sith, to be more precise. (to be fair, I think "Black Knights of the Sith" would have been more ominous than "Dark Lords of the Sith")

And in the ICS for AOTC, it's implied that the Jedi Order originally was called the Bendu Order. (under the entry for the Jedi Starfighter)
Why are there Jedi on Earth?
Dunnoh... maybe Cal Wright subscribes to the theory that the SW galaxy is the same is ours? (well, that explains ET... but does it mean that Monty Burns is that Experimental Hybrid Clone which Lama Su reported missing some 100 years ago?)
"Hi there, would you like to have a cookie?"

"No, actually I would HATE to have a cookie, you vapid waste of inedible flesh!"
Cal Wright
American Warlord

Post by Cal Wright »

lol! Urban Jedi is the title for this particular story. I want to make three. (you know, can't have a good star wars story without three different parts right?). so there will be two others. hopefully i can keep them to maybe short story status for everyone. and yes, i will try and explain why there are jedi-bendu. right now i havent decided if there will be intervention from the galaxy far far away yet. i might though. it's sort of free floating. where i have ideas, but havent worked them out yet, so as i make decisions on parts, ill write them down.

The Dark Guard Fleet

Cal Wright
American Warlord

Post by Cal Wright »

The deep blue oceans of the world seemed like an endless blanket sometimes. Especially when perched on one of the most massive aircraft carriers of all time. The ship was cristened the U.R.S. Defender.

She was given this name because of the duty she was designed to serve. Then in the following years, she earned it. An unusual design, being armed to the teeth like the most powerful battleships. As well as being able to tackle the submarines of the time. This proved very useful during the Cyclonic Wars, the Islander War, and the Wars of the Continental Passage.

The fleet around her consisted of many ships of different sizes and designs. This variance in formation made it a very effective task force indeed. What made the ship even more potent was the discovery of repulsor lift design. Allowing the most sophisticated warplanes and jets to lift off the ground vertically. The service men painted a blue fish on the sides of her hull, since the planes were now packed in like sardines.

Down in her bowels however, was being held a very secrative meeting. Using secure communication lines, a radio broadcast was being sent and recieved on the shores of the United Republic. A tall man in a bright white uniform was seated at the head of a long table where the tranceiver sat. There was a stern look on his face, he had seen one too many battles.
"Gentlemen. I hate to be the bearer of bad news. However, intelligence has come across a message to the enemy forces to engage a hit and fade on our space project. I am now ordering all navy personell to confront these forces and keep them from succeding." came the voice on the receiver.

The High Admiral looked around at his men. Then spoke up.
"Yes, Sir. I will bring my task force back to the shores."

Across the waters in a large structure with three domes atop was the president of the Republic. Along with him sat his top millitary adivisers, aids and the actual commanders of the forces. All except the High Admiral who was on a routine patrol when this was found.
"Now, I'm telling you this to keep you out there. We are beefing up security at home, and sending all of the generals to the localized bases on territories we occupy." The president's voice was calm and rather rational. Even during this crisis he was cool and composed. The static reply from the admiral came back to his office.
"I understand completely Sir. Then I will notify my commanders to begin deploying the fleet."
The president had a slight delay then said, "Admiral. I want you to coordinate every fleet. From the biggest to the smallest."

Back on the carrier, everyone in the room took pause then looked at the Admiral.
"Sir. That's Supreme Commander of the Forces."
"Yes I know.. Get a word down to the communications. I want to be in touch with everyone ASAP."
"Yes, Sir. I'm on it." With that, a few of the aids rushed off in preperation for the imminent attack.

The Executive Officer, Avis Voight looked at the commander. "What do you think is going on?"

Now Supreme Commander, Trad Orivious, looked puzzled then gave a reply "Something big. The Empire has never wanted the Republic to even aspire to anything more than what they are."

"So do you believe it's a trap. To localize our forces? Or possibly to draw us out?" Avis was already charting possible destinations.

"Unless they have some secret weapon. The only thing that could really be of use, would be a planet killer." Trad looked on in disdain.

"No. That wouldn't be likely." Avis shook his head, and kept with his work.

On the flight deck, the fighters were being prepped for immediate takoff. With the the new orders coming through, scouts and reconnescience was the next logical step. A green pilot, Kyan Bronek, was going through his checklist and was up next for takeoff. As soon as the ground crew gave him the all clear signal, Kyan engaged his repulsor lift engines and floated off of the flight deck. He was the wingmate of a more veteran pilot. The fellow had flown for over a year and had actually seen combat duty. Kyan began to switch his comm units dials until he was on a secure frequency that both the flight control operator and his wingmate would be on. The static began to cut through his cockpit as orders were being issued.

"Green five do you copy? Kyan, are you ready to go?" the other pilot asked. His craft began to rotate out towards the east.

"I copy Green one. I'm bringing my craft about east." As he replied, Kyan began to swing his fighter around.

"Green one, this is control. Eeth, we want you out about ten klicks then start your patrol." came the orders from the flight control. In which Green One replied, "Copy that flight. Alright Kyan. Lock strike foils in attack position." With that, the wings folded down and the two craft began to race off to the east as they climbed into the atmosphere. They continued on as clouds and sunlight went by them at high speeds. The fighters were a new breed of jet, able to surpass the speed of sound by a small degree.

Back on the Defender, Supreme Commander Trad Orivious was in the control room of the ship. There he had readouts and aids to every station. He knew what was going on with every ship of his group, and was soon going to have readouts on every ship the Republic had. There, executive officer Avis Voight with a few millitary leaders stood gathered over a table map of the east asian continent which also included the middle east. Off to the side stood a hooded figure looming over the assembly.

"As you can see gentlemen. Everything I have gathered is consistent.", Trad looked around then continued, "The Empire has made a move, this involves not only the technological socities of the asian east governements, but a group in the middle east. This particular gang interests me the most. The Empire needed something to counter the Republic, and I think they found it."

"That's absurd commander. This outcome will be decided with millitary savy and ballistic strikes on core defenses." this was blurted out by a pompous individual. He was very outspoken, but never bought into anything outside of full broadsides and nuclear engagements.

"Duly noted Payn. You can continue with your fat and cholestrol intake." Trad said dryly but got chuckles and smiles from the rest there. With a gesture, Trad motioned the cloaked figure foward. Two webbed hands reached up and pulled back the hood. It was the somewhat aquatic humanoid Huktar. "If you would be so kind old friend. Enlighten the children."

"Of course Commander." rasped Huktar. He stood over the map and picked up a long pointer. "As you can see, I encountered the Temple of Rasgard here in the middle east. It was not far off from a path that leads directly to the techno groups the Empire is looking for."

"Not so much as the temple, as to who you encountered," Avis announced over the crowd, "that is of interest. Is it not?"

"It is Avis. I had been following rumors of attacks by 'light' weapons. Which of course is restricted to Republic use throughout our holdings and other smaller governments." Huktar took a deep breath then continued, "When I arrived I found the rumors true. Someone that trained with me in the Jedi-Bendu ways. This leads me to believe the Empire is trying to acquire Force sensitive beings."

"If this is true Master Bendu. Then we could have spies and infiltrators everywhere, and not know it!" exclaimed a stringier man than Pyan. He was well rounded in politics and strategic engagements.

"Excactly my point. That's why we're going to move several battle groups towards the islant chains. This group itself is heading for the Australian country sides." Trad moved in and began a formal breifing.

Avis looked puzzled, not having gone over this part previously. "Why are we heading south, when the Empire's fleets and capitals are to the northeast of the island chain?"

"I believe that with such a move to acquire technological allies, and with Dark-Bendu adepts, that the Empire will now try to obtain the Saxonites." Trad paused as everyone took this in.

"Then we must get there first!" and the room exploded into chaos. Creaks and moans rang out from the cramped hallways.

"What was that?" Avis yelled into the comms unit. The static reply was the last thing anyone wanted to hear. "We have been hit Sir. The patrol units have found a mark in the water over ten klicks from here. Somehow a shot was fired from that direction and hit just outside of our port hull."

"Alright control. Good enough. We're heading up." With that everyone began grabbing command coats, badges, and the lucky officers had hats to worry about.

Once on the command bridge, Trad and Avis had a look around. Then the communications station burst into a static attack.

"This is Green One to command, do you copy? Over." There was a pause as the comm station tried to reply.
"This is Green one to the command deck. Do you copy Defender?!?" His histarical cry was being muffled by explosions in the background.

"This is the command deck Green One. What is the situation." The officer was well trained and disciplined.

"We have sighted two, I repeat TWO carriers." Green One's reply came back with even more static.

"Did you say TWO carriers Green One?" The command deck had to know what was going on. Avis ran about giving orders. Weapons were being brought online and the flight deck was being prepped for immediate attack.

"Copy that Command. Two carriers. Super-Class." Green One broke in again. Some of the officers stood up amazed. Through the windows, fighter's were beginning to lift off the tarmac and head in the direction of the carriers.

"Wait. Where are the other ships? They can't seriously be on patrol, or hoping thier meager fighters can handle us." Avis questioned what was happening but had not solid solution to back himself on.

"The other ships are in attack formation to our southwest. I can tell by where the shots are coming. Have the other fighters coming up on the flight deck to come about a hundred twenty degrees. " Trad began to pace back and forth.

"Affirmitive Commander. More ships located." the radar helmsman confirmed as new data was coming in.

Trad and Avis looked at the readout. There were plenty of ships to back up the carriers. They were coming in a pincer type attack from the northeast, and the southwest. Enough to engage Trad's group and come out with a win. All fighter craft were in the air and the explosions began to come.

The Dark Guard Fleet