Who do you think is going to the super bowl?

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

mauldooku
Jedi Master

Post by mauldooku »

Defiant wrote:I would like to take this opportunity to thank the Detroit Lions for giving Philadelphia home field advantage through the playoffs.

Go Eagles!!!!!
When I have time, I MUST find some of the game highlights for that game. Holy shit, I completely missed the greatest gift to the Eagles this season ;(
Col. Crackpot
That Obnoxious Guy

Post by Col. Crackpot »

I'll just remind everyone that New England (who has home field advantage throught the playoffs) has not lost a game at home in a year and a half. Furthermore 3 out of their last 4 home games have been shut-outs. (Dallas: 12-0 Miami: 12-0, and Buffalo 31-0). Let the snow fall and let the winds blow!

As for the NFC I just don't see anyone who can keep pace with Philly. The Rams were looking good, but after that debacle in Detroit (how the hell does a top seed team lose their top seed in a loss to the goddamn Lions?)
and the loss of Marc Bulger (Kurt Warner is old and overrated) i don't seem them winning a single playoff game.
"This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we’ll be lucky to live through it.” -Tom Clancy
Straha
Lord of the Spam

Post by Straha »

Col. Crackpot wrote:I'll just remind everyone that New England (who has home field advantage throught the playoffs) has not lost a game at home in a year and a half.
So? 7 of their wins were within a touchdown, you can't go up against a good team when you win like that.

Furthermore 3 out of their last 4 home games have been shut-outs. (Dallas: 12-0
Crap team.
Miami: 12-0

If you play in a blizzard against Miami it's a crime to let them score.
and Buffalo 31-0
Yet again, a crap team.

New England is good, but they aren't that good, and when faced with decent competition like the flying thumbtacks/Bronco or maybe Indy (I don't trust them though, their kicker is going to miss the big kick to lose a big game in the play-offs after making that record) New England is going to crash and burn.
'After 9/11, it was "You're with us or your with the terrorists." Now its "You're with Straha or you support racism."' ' - The Romulan Republic

'You're a bully putting on an air of civility while saying that everything western and/or capitalistic must be bad, and a lot of other posters (loomer, Stas Bush, Gandalf) are also going along with it for their own personal reasons (Stas in particular is looking through rose colored glasses)' - Darth Yan
The Cleric
BANNED

Post by The Cleric »

Straha wrote:
Furthermore 3 out of their last 4 home games have been shut-outs. (Dallas: 12-0
Crap team.
I resent that!! The Cowboys are good when they're on their game. Thye just need some sort of offense to be really good again.
{} Thrawn wins. Any questions? {} Great Dolphin Conspiracy {} Proud member of the defunct SEGNOR {} Enjoy the rythmic hip thrusts {} In my past life I was either Vlad the Impaler or Katsushika Hokusai {}
Col. Crackpot
That Obnoxious Guy

Post by Col. Crackpot »

Straha, you are forgetting the fact that not only did NE beat the three teams you just mentioned, but they did it ON THE ROAD. Granted, the margin of victory was less than 7 points, but playoff bound teams rarely lose at home anyway! Furthermore Miami and Dallas are not crap teams. 10 and 6 teams are not crap teams. :roll: Did you know that New England had the hardest schedule of any team in the NFL this season? Opposition win percentage was well over .600! As a matter of fact the only teams that NE Faced with a sub- .500 record were Houston and your beloved Jets.

Oh...and one more thing. Scoreboard
"This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we’ll be lucky to live through it.” -Tom Clancy
Straha
Lord of the Spam

Post by Straha »

Col. Crackpot wrote:Straha, you are forgetting the fact that not only did NE beat the three teams you just mentioned, but they did it ON THE ROAD.
They beat Miami, on the road, by 6 points. This is the Miami that missed two field goals in that game that would have tied the game, in other words, you got LUCKY! Dallas is a crap team, any team that has good execution should beat them. Finally even the Jets Buffaloed Buffalo, being proud of that is like being proud of seeing why Enabran_Tain is an idiot.

Granted, the margin of victory was less than 7 points, but playoff bound teams rarely lose at home anyway!
So? You can still lose (Eagles vs. 49ers,) and if you play a better team, you will still lose.
Furthermore Miami and Dallas are not crap teams. 10 and 6 teams are not crap teams.
See above.
Did you know that New England had the hardest schedule of any team in the NFL this season? Opposition win percentage was well over .600! As a matter of fact the only teams that NE Faced with a sub- .500 record were Houston and your beloved Jets.

And Buffalo, and Jacksonville, and Clevland, and the Giants, and finally Washington. So that out of 16 games they played 9 (greater than 50%) against sub .500 teams. Losing two, and winning 4 within a touchdown.
'After 9/11, it was "You're with us or your with the terrorists." Now its "You're with Straha or you support racism."' ' - The Romulan Republic

'You're a bully putting on an air of civility while saying that everything western and/or capitalistic must be bad, and a lot of other posters (loomer, Stas Bush, Gandalf) are also going along with it for their own personal reasons (Stas in particular is looking through rose colored glasses)' - Darth Yan
Straha
Lord of the Spam

Post by Straha »

Oh, and the win precentage of their opponents came out to (disclaimer: My Math is shoddy, and is almost worthless, and I place all blame on my calculator for failing me if my math is not accurate) .484. That's not particularilly a hard schedule...

Tsyroc
Emperor's Hand

Post by Tsyroc »

So which game had the most amusing outcome this weekend. The Lions over the Rams (choke, and in a dome no less) or the Cardinals over the Vikings on the last play of the game? :D

Unfortunately the Cardinals nocked themselves into third place for next years draft but it was worth it since they screwed the Vikings out of a playoff bid and helped the Packers win the NFC North. Just too funny. :lol:
By the pricking of my thumb,
Something wicked this way comes.
Open, locks,
Whoever knocks.
Straha
Lord of the Spam

Post by Straha »

Tsyroc wrote:So which game had the most amusing outcome this weekend. The Lions over the Rams (choke, and in a dome no less) or the Cardinals over the Vikings on the last play of the game? :D
Cardinals, after a sack, from your fifty, you throw it in against a far superior (well, any team is far superior than the Cardinals (warning may contain football like substance!) team, that is amusing.

Tsyroc
Emperor's Hand

Post by Tsyroc »

Straha wrote: Cardinals, after a sack, from your fifty, you throw it in against a far superior (well, any team is far superior than the Cardinals (warning may contain football like substance!) team, that is amusing.
ESPN pointed out that the Vikings lost to all four of the shittiest teams in the league this year.
By the pricking of my thumb,
Something wicked this way comes.
Open, locks,
Whoever knocks.
Straha
Lord of the Spam

Post by Straha »

I forget what it was that got the vikings, but I do remember reading about some achilles heal of theirs (like the Run defense for the chiefs)

Still, you should never NEVER EVER lose to the Cardinals, though it was a good game for Emmit to retire to.

Captain Cyran
Psycho Mini-lop

Post by Captain Cyran »

The Buffalo Bills baby!

*Looks around* What?

Kidding! Just kidding!
Justice League, Super-Villain Carnage "Carnage Rules!" Cult of the Kitten Mew... The Black Mage with The Knife SD.Net Chronicler of the Past Bun Bun is my hero. The Official Verilonitis Vaccinator
Straha
Lord of the Spam

Post by Straha »

Captain_Cyran wrote:The Buffalo Bills baby!

*Looks around* What?

Kidding! Just kidding!
Thanks for beating us by the way, now we've got a better Draft pick! :D

(BTW, you and Houston were tied for the toughest schedule in the NFL, now ain't that amusing)

HemlockGrey
Fucking Awesome

Post by HemlockGrey »

I'm going to say Eagles because I live around here and because the Rams don't deserve it. You play in the cold or you don't cash your fucking paycheck!
The End of Suburbia
"If more cars are inevitable, must there not be roads for them to run on?"
-Robert Moses

"The Wire" is the best show in the history of television. Watch it today.
Col. Crackpot
That Obnoxious Guy

Post by Col. Crackpot »

Straha wrote:

*Looks around* What?

Kidding! Just kidding!
a better draft pick than buffalo is nothing to brag about! :P :wink: Seriously though, losing Pennington so early is what killed the Jets. They'd have gone 10-6 or 11-5 with a wildcard spot and 2nd in the AFC East if not for that.
Straha
Lord of the Spam

Post by Straha »

Col. Crackpot wrote:
Straha wrote:

*Looks around* What?

Kidding! Just kidding!
a better draft pick than buffalo is nothing to brag about! :P :wink: Seriously though, losing Pennington so early is what killed the Jets. They'd have gone 10-6 or 11-5 with a wildcard spot and 2nd in the AFC East if not for that.
We were half decent without Pennington, the problem was with Paul Hackett (the OC, and the assistant Edwards didn't fire) and playing his brilliant west coast offense with one of the players who defines the East Coast deep attack. The fact that we had a tough schedule didn't help matters along at all.

Straha
Lord of the Spam

Post by Straha »

HemlockGrey wrote:I'm going to say Eagles because I live around here and because the Rams don't deserve it. You play in the cold or you don't cash your fucking paycheck!
I saw an article on footballoutsiders.com recently that said that about 66% of dome teams lose away games against stadium teams, somewhat interesting.