The X-Mas Loot Thread

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Captain Cyran
Psycho Mini-lop

Post by Captain Cyran »

DPDarkPrimus wrote:
Zaia wrote:Those of you who got socks, did you toss them over your shoulder a la "A Christmas Story?" That's what we do in my family! :D
"A Christmas Story".

BEST. CHRISTMAS MOVIE. EVER.

Don't anyone bother arguing, because you're wrong. :P
We got that on DVD this X-mas, we also got Willow, A Charlie Brown Christmas, and Transformers: The Movie, all on DVD.

I got the T:tM, gloves, that new RotK game for the PC, still haven't installed it... The Dahakverse trilogy in one big hardcover book. And I'm going to be getting Bun-bun and Kiki enamel pins, a Black Mage T-shirt. AND, my favorite. A sword that will look like Glamdring (Gandalf's sword).
Justice League, Super-Villain Carnage "Carnage Rules!" Cult of the Kitten Mew... The Black Mage with The Knife SD.Net Chronicler of the Past Bun Bun is my hero. The Official Verilonitis Vaccinator
LT.Hit-Man
Rabid Monkey

Post by LT.Hit-Man »

Well I got coach whip, I busted the end off of it, don't ask you don't want to know so I'm going to turn it into a Cat O nine tails, a new cd player to replace the one I had a sweet ass dagger set that will go well with the sword set I got last X-mas a set of winter gloves.
Brotherhood of the Monkey: Rabid Sith Monkey from hell.
Mad scribbler of the Writer's Guild Headquarters
Grand Inquisitor of ASVS (ret) ASVS Vets Assc.

" poor bruised and mistreated? jesus Christ Iggy, you haven't been watching Voyager reruns again have you? " - Darth Fanboy
Darth Gojira
Jedi Master

Post by Darth Gojira »

I've got a Doonesbury collection, a chess set, three action figures, $30 and a year's subscription to "Discover" magazine.
Hokey masers and giant robots are no match for a good kaiju at your side, kid
Post #666: 5-24-03, 8:26 am (Hey, why not?)
Do you not believe in Thor, the Viking Thunder God? If not, then do you consider your state of disbelief in Thor to be a religion? Are you an AThorist?-Darth Wong on Atheism as a religion
Ace Pace
Hardware Lover

Post by Ace Pace »

As you get older, you get more stuff? Is that how it goes over there?
Brotherhood of the Bear | HAB | Mess | SDnet archivist |
Joe
Space Cowboy

Post by Joe »

Ace Pace wrote:As you get older, you get more stuff? Is that how it goes over there?
Around here, you tend to get less stuff as you grow older. I get less than half now of what I got as a small child, but that's what I ask for.

BoTM / JL / MM / HAB / VRWC / Horseman

I'm studying for the CPA exam. Have a nice summer, and if you're down just sit back and realize that Joe is off somewhere, doing much worse than you are.
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

*Score one for the Gull WINGS!*
erm, I got Chocalate (Deibettic semi-safe variety), and FFX-2, I used they money everyone else gave me to get new shoes, and new parts for my two ton parasite.... (I'm in love with my car,)

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Pu-239
Sith Marauder

Post by Pu-239 »

25$ gift certificate, lots of nice sweaters, and ~30$ in cash (which has been taken by my mother).

Household got 5 disc DVD player (finally- too bad it has region coding limitations, which might annoy family members wanting to watch vietnamese stuff).

ah.....the path to happiness is revision of dreams and not fulfillment... -SWPIGWANG
Sufficient Googling is indistinguishable from knowledge -somebody
Anything worth the cost of a missile, which can be located on the battlefield, will be shot at with missiles. If the US military is involved, then things, which are not worth the cost if a missile will also be shot at with missiles. -Sea Skimmer

George Bush makes freedom sound like a giant robot that breaks down a lot. -Darth Raptor
Lagmonster
Master Control Program
Master Control Program

Post by Lagmonster »

I got a PS/2 with a pile of games, an elite wireless keyboard/mouse set, numerous movies/clothes/certificates, and a bunch of other mundane things involving food and books. Oh, and an air hockey table.
Note: I'm semi-retired from the board, so if you need something, please be patient.
The Cleric
BANNED

Post by The Cleric »

I got my real present today :twisted:.
{} Thrawn wins. Any questions? {} Great Dolphin Conspiracy {} Proud member of the defunct SEGNOR {} Enjoy the rythmic hip thrusts {} In my past life I was either Vlad the Impaler or Katsushika Hokusai {}
Dorsk 81
Sith Devotee

Re: The X-Mas Loot Thread

Post by Dorsk 81 »

Dalton wrote:If you practice the gift-giving tradition, what have you received so far?

For me, I received a collection of shot glasses from my boss on Monday.
Snap! My boss got me shot glasses too and a 2 1/2 pint glass which has been used now...very used...
Apart from that I had a pretty crap haul this year :(
My mum gave me £100, ok thats cool, it went towards my new PC! :twisted:
My sister bought me a t-shirt thats like a besquilion sizes too small.
My Nan bought me a lamp which is pretty cool cos I need one.
My Gran and Grandad bought me a wallet and gave me a tenty, which is cool.
But it's that little things that brought me down this year like Aunts and Uncles gave me socks and deodorant and underwear. Disappointing, but I have got my new comp (or will soon) so thats a bonus, even if I did pay for 6/7ths of it.
"I would, for instance, fellate a smurf before I pick death." Dylan Moran
"Only two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." Albert Einstein
EBC's Devonian Deviant | GALE's Supplementary Bi Brit | BoTM's Raw Recruit | GDC's Horny Delphinidae | I'm with RMA | CoIB
Crayz9000
Sith Apprentice

Post by Crayz9000 »

Lagmonster wrote:I got a PS/2 with a pile of games, an elite wireless keyboard/mouse set,
Are you sure that you can use a wireless keyboard/mouse with a PS/2? The last time I checked, you needed an 80386 or higher to run Windows 95...
A Tribute to Stupidity: The Robert Scott Anderson Archive (currently offline)
John Hansen - Slightly Insane Bounty Hunter - ASVS Vets' Assoc. Class of 2000
HAB Cryptanalyst | WG - Intergalactic Alliance and Spoof Author | BotM | Cybertron | SCEF
InnerBrat
CLIT Commander

Post by InnerBrat »

Is it not pretty, is not my sister a Goddess in shopper form?
Yes, that's right, I got a gemstone globe - and it's the most beautiful thing this side of.. well, anything. That's lapis, that ocean is.

Also recieved a subscription to Nature; a toblerone, turkish delight, chocolate orange, liqueur chocolates, Kahlua, the Alien quadrilogy DVD; The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy DVD; a Robbie Williams calender; money for a new pair of glasses; and a pair of cereal bowls.
"I fight with love, and I laugh with rage, you gotta live light enough to see the humour and long enough to see some change" - Ani DiFranco, Pick Yer Nose

"Life 's not a song, life isn't bliss, life is just this: it's living." - Spike, Once More with Feeling
Lord Pounder
Pretty Hate Machine

Post by Lord Pounder »

You wear glasses? I had no idea. I have a major perve for girls in glasses.
RIP Yosemite Bear
Gone, Never Forgotten
haas mark
Official SD.Net Insomniac

Post by haas mark »

InnerBrat wrote:Is it not pretty, is not my sister a Goddess in shopper form?
The most beautiful globe - EV4R!!!11one
Yes, that's right, I got a gemstone globe - and it's the most beautiful thing this side of.. well, anything. That's lapis, that ocean is.
-gasp- :shock: -jaw drops through floor-

Yes. -envies-

~ver
Robert-Conway.com | lunar sun | TotalEnigma.net

Hot Pants à la Zaia | BotM Lord Monkey Mod OOK!
SDNC | WG | GDC | ACPATHNTDWATGODW | GALE | ISARMA | CotK: [mew]

Formerly verilon

R.I.P. Eddie Guerrero, 09 October 1967 - 13 November 2005

InnerBrat
CLIT Commander

Post by InnerBrat »

Lord Pounder wrote:You wear glasses? I had no idea. I have a major perve for girls in glasses.
Only during the day, and only because you can't get prisms in contact lenses.

Usually I prefer something a bit more:

*wipes ver drool off my globe*
"I fight with love, and I laugh with rage, you gotta live light enough to see the humour and long enough to see some change" - Ani DiFranco, Pick Yer Nose

"Life 's not a song, life isn't bliss, life is just this: it's living." - Spike, Once More with Feeling
Lord Pounder
Pretty Hate Machine

Post by Lord Pounder »

I like the idea of thos contact's but i have a phobia about touching my own or anyone elses eyeballs.
RIP Yosemite Bear
Gone, Never Forgotten
HemlockGrey
Fucking Awesome

Post by HemlockGrey »

A bunch of things, but my favorite is The Clint Eastwood Man With No Name Giftset!

There are two kinds of people in this world! Those with guns and those who dig! You dig!
The End of Suburbia
"If more cars are inevitable, must there not be roads for them to run on?"
-Robert Moses

"The Wire" is the best show in the history of television. Watch it today.
haas mark
Official SD.Net Insomniac

Post by haas mark »

InnerBrat wrote:
Lord Pounder wrote:You wear glasses? I had no idea. I have a major perve for girls in glasses.
Only during the day, and only because you can't get prisms in contact lenses.

Usually I prefer something a bit more:

Ooooh.. t3h purty...
THOSE kinds of contacts would rock.
*wipes ver drool off my globe*
:P Lucky.

~ver
Robert-Conway.com | lunar sun | TotalEnigma.net

Hot Pants à la Zaia | BotM Lord Monkey Mod OOK!
SDNC | WG | GDC | ACPATHNTDWATGODW | GALE | ISARMA | CotK: [mew]

Formerly verilon

R.I.P. Eddie Guerrero, 09 October 1967 - 13 November 2005

The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

nice globe i wonder how long it will stay accurate?

figure middle east and africa no more then six months....

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Cal Wright
American Warlord

Post by Cal Wright »

Money. A Spider Man pillow (trying to figure out how to hang him on the wall), and my girlfriend got me the widescreen Indiana Jones DVD set. Also, I got Megaman Zero 2 for the GBA, thanks Tropen!!!

Were you born with out a sense of humor or did you lose it in a tragic whoppy cushion accident? -Stormbringer

"We are well and truly forked." -Mace Windu Shatterpoint

"Either way KJA is now Dune's problem. Why can't he stop tormenting me and start writting fucking Star Trek books." -Lord Pounder

The Dark Guard Fleet

Post 1500 acheived on Thu Jan 23, 2003 at 2:48 am