Oh, No there goes Tokyo

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Oh, No there goes Tokyo

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

that's right best be movie threat to peace an serenity...

Poor, Toyko, always getting smashed by monsters, angels whatever...

2nd point, NGE but this time instead of the Eva's we've got the entire Toho monster's line up to protect humanity with as much collateral damage as possible

3rd point, NGE again, but this time The :ovely angel's are on the case....

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
lance
Jedi Master

Post by lance »

Toho monster's line
Who?
Grand Moff Yenchin
Sith Devotee

Post by Grand Moff Yenchin »

lance wrote:
Toho monster's line
Who?
For starters, Godzilla, Mothra, Gamera.....
1st Plt. Comm. of the Warwolves
Member of Justice League
"People can't see Buddha so they say he doesn't have a body, since his body is formed of atoms, of course you can't see it. Saying he doesn't have a body is correct"- Li HongZhi
SyntaxVorlon
Sith Acolyte

Post by SyntaxVorlon »

Godzilla vs THE GIGANTIC SPACE EYEBALL
Nope can't see it.
Evas are virtually indestructible from the outside.
lance
Jedi Master

Post by lance »

Oh, so that is what the company was named
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

I can't make heads or tails out of Bear's OP... :?
I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"
Alex Moon
Rabid Monkey

Post by Alex Moon »

Spanky The Dolphin wrote:I can't make heads or tails out of Bear's OP... :?
I think he was asking if The monsters could defeat the Angels, and then asking if the Evas could beat the monsters.
Warwolves | VRWC | BotM | Writer's Guild | Pie loves Rei
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

It might depend.

The Showa Era Godzilla was 55 meters tall, and Evas are about 62 meters, while the Heisei Era ones were 80 and then 100 meters tall (changed when the Big G got an "upgrade" in G vs King Gidorah).

I don't know if Godzilla's radioactive fire would be enough to damage an Eva or not, but the Evas have an advantage in their speed in both movement and gesticulation. Godzilla has an advantage that his hide can survive being submerged in magma for extended periods.

I'd assume that with the Showa Godzilla, and Eva could run around or leap over G fast enough to get onto his back and try to break his arms, neck, or spine (assuming that it would be severely harmful or fatal to G).

Same basic idea with Heisei Godzilla, although his size makes it a little more difficult.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Oh shit, you meant monsters and Angels when I thought you meant just Godzilla and Eva.

No, the monsters could most likely not beat the Angels, as they're too powerful overall (though it would depend on the Angel and monster: Matariel would be a pushover while Zeruel or Armisael would be virtually impossible).

The Eva Series could easily beat the monsters, I think. Or at least the less fantastic ones.

Sriad
Sith Devotee

Re: Oh, No there goes Tokyo

Post by Sriad »

The Yosemite Bear wrote:that's right best be movie threat to peace an serenity...

Poor, Toyko, always getting smashed by monsters, angels whatever...

2nd point, NGE but this time instead of the Eva's we've got the entire Toho monster's line up to protect humanity with as much collateral damage as possible

3rd point, NGE again, but this time The :ovely angel's are on the case....
Translation, as best I can make it out:
"That's right, best B movie threat to peace and serenity..."

1st question is missing, presumably the angels are replaced with Godzilla and co.
2nd question: Set in NGE, Nerv has the cast of the Toho monster movies which they will attempt to use to fight off the angels.
3rd: The Lovelydirty Angelspair take on the "protection" of Tokyo.

But honestly, the first thing I thought of when I saw the thread was the card from XXXenophile. 8)
SylasGaunt
Sith Acolyte

Post by SylasGaunt »

Well lets see then... nope I think taking out the Angels shouldn't prove all that hard. Not with some of the stuff stomping around like Armor Mothra (with ye olde 'phase through and destabilize' attack) or Heisei Goji (who's regenerative powers were so great he survived being cut in two and who could, even before his power up, sit around in a volcano for 5 years unhurt)

One question, does that 'toho's monster line' also include JSDF/G-force/G-grasper superweapons like Mechagodzilla or the Dimension Tide?
Dark Hellion
Permanent n00b

Post by Dark Hellion »

For the sake of the title, BOC wipes them all out with occult rock power and viscious soul-rending riffs.
A teenage girl is just a teenage boy who can get laid.
-GTO

We're not just doing this for money; we're doing this for a shitload of money!
Sharp-kun
Sith Devotee

Post by Sharp-kun »

Nothing beats Mothra.
Darth_Shinji
BANNED

Post by Darth_Shinji »

It would be cool to watch Space Godzilla force choke a Angel....
Village Idiot: "Or why one person opinion's of another person doesn't mean squat in the large scheme of things"

"You laugh because I'm different, I laugh because your all the same."

"A Eater of the Sacred Cow"

"Mother Fucking Team Wrecker"
Majin Gojira
Sith Acolyte

Post by Majin Gojira »

Any monster post 1990 from Toho would likely do well. It's already been discussed how powerful G Heisie 2's beam is and it was concluded in a previous debate that his red beam could easily punch through most AT feilds.

Heisie Monsters include:
Godzilla 2
King Ghidorah (v.1)
Battra
Mothra (v.1.)
Mechagodzilla 2/Super-mechagodzilla
Rodan/Fire Rodan
Space Godzilla
Destroyah
Death Ghidorah/Desghidorah
Mothra Leo/Aqua Mothra/Armor Mothra (who could take on ANY of the Angels by her self IMO)
Daraglah
Gamera (1996-1999) - the films were released by Toho (MANA CANNON!)
Gyaos
Legion (who could own most Angels)
Irys
Space Demon King Ghidorah
Godzilla (2000)
Orga
Megaguirus
Godzilla (X Series 1)
Godzilla (GMK)
Baragon (GMK) (Who's not going to be much help)
Mothra (GMK)
Ghidorah (GMK)
Mechagodzilla 3 (X Mechagodzilla)
Mothra (v. 3) (X Mechagodzilla X Mothra)

Many of these creatures can simply overpower an Angel or Eva. Some, but not all. The one in orbit would be taken down by Armor Mothra (who is so powerful, it's scary. She's a bloody GOD!).

Though, some Kaiju would be owned by an Angel or an Eva (Baragon, I'm lookin' at you).
ISARMA: Daikaiju Coordinator: Just Add Radiation
Justice League- Molly Hayes: Respect Hats or Freakin' Else!
Browncoat
Supernatural Taisen - "[This Story] is essentially "Wouldn't it be awesome if this happened?" Followed by explosions."

Reviewing movies is a lot like Paleontology: The Evidence is there...but no one seems to agree upon it.

"God! Are you so bored that you enjoy seeing us humans suffer?! Why can't you let this poor man live happily with his son! What kind of God are you, crushing us like ants?!" - Kyoami, Ran
SylasGaunt
Sith Acolyte

Post by SylasGaunt »

Not sure if Irys and the like should be in there as they're heisei beasties (though I suppose if I remember right the ycould technically count as part of Toho's lineup)
Smiling Bandit
Jedi Master

Post by Smiling Bandit »

Mooooooooooothra! Moooooooo-oooooooooo-ooooooooo-oooooothraaaaaaaaaaa!
ph3@r the k3oot3 0n3z
I thought this was a capture the b33r mod?!
Andrew J.
Sith Marauder

Post by Andrew J. »

Majin Gojira wrote:Many of these creatures can simply overpower an Angel or Eva. Some, but not all. The one in orbit would be taken down by Armor Mothra (who is so powerful, it's scary. She's a bloody GOD!).
There are actually a couple of Angels that appeared in orbit. I suppose Armor Mothra could take one and Ghidorah v.1 and Gigan (both of whom could fly through space) could take the other. :twisted:
Don't hate; appreciate!

RIP Eddie.
Majin Gojira
Sith Acolyte

Post by Majin Gojira »

Don't forget Space Demon King Ghidorah -- after he's done consuming the life force of the Eva-kids and all their friends, he'd take on the space-faring Angels....because...you know...Space Demon.
ISARMA: Daikaiju Coordinator: Just Add Radiation
Justice League- Molly Hayes: Respect Hats or Freakin' Else!
Browncoat
Supernatural Taisen - "[This Story] is essentially "Wouldn't it be awesome if this happened?" Followed by explosions."

Reviewing movies is a lot like Paleontology: The Evidence is there...but no one seems to agree upon it.

"God! Are you so bored that you enjoy seeing us humans suffer?! Why can't you let this poor man live happily with his son! What kind of God are you, crushing us like ants?!" - Kyoami, Ran
SylasGaunt
Sith Acolyte

Post by SylasGaunt »

Andrew J. wrote: There are actually a couple of Angels that appeared in orbit. I suppose Armor Mothra could take one and Ghidorah v.1 and Gigan (both of whom could fly through space) could take the other. :twisted:
Pretty much every version of King Ghidorah aside from the one in the 1991 Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah and Death Ghidorah have shown the ability to travel through space.

Then there's also Heisei (godzilla timeline) Mothra, The Mothra-series mothra, and Space Godzilla who can all travel into orbit.

Also Moguera if we're including JSDF robots.
The Yosemite Bear

Not to mention Gamera defender of the universe.....

It's a gaint turtle.

oh, and the third option was Kei and Yuri with all their WWWA Tech, vs. the Angels.

on second thought the red head + purple head would make for an interesting encounter with the Red Head & Blue head team....

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

I don't get it... :?

LordShaithis
Redshirt

Post by LordShaithis »

Gamera isn't Toho, is he? I don't think so. Anyway, Godzilla pwns all.
If Religion and Politics were characters on a soap opera, Religion would be the one that goes insane with jealousy over Politics' intimate relationship with Reality, and secretly murder Politics in the night, skin the corpse, and run around its apartment wearing the skin like a cape shouting "My votes now! All votes for me! Wheeee!" -- Lagmonster
neoolong
Dead Sexy 'Shroom

Post by neoolong »

Gamera is from Daei Studios.
Member of the BotM. @( !.! )@
The Yosemite Bear

Ok, yeah that's right, the gaint turtle was a cheesy attempt to cash in on Godzilla's popularity....