Simple Question About A New FanFic I Might Write

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

Should I write this Fanfic?

Yes, might be good
50%
No, its been done before
No votes
Mabye, if you change some things
50%

Total votes: 4

Techno_Union
Jedi Council Member

Simple Question About A New FanFic I Might Write

Post by Techno_Union »

I am thinking about writing a fanfic based off of a game my friend and I have been talking about. It will be only a SW theme.
EDIT: I have taken out the other galaxies and will concentrate on the Impeiral Galaxy.

NAME OF FANFIC:Star Wars a Universe of War

LOCATIONS:Imperial Galaxy

CHARACTERS:Wont really be using any of the normal SW characters, ie.Luke Skywalker, Leia, Han, C3PO, Darth Vader. But The main characters are going to be Cloned Emperor Palapatine and Carnor Jax (with different personalities just using the same names)

MILITARIES INVOLVED:Empire (might be named Crimson Empire), Rebellion to Restore the Empire, Hapans, Chiss, CSA, Various Warlords, ect.

GALAXIES:Basicaly there is only the Imperial Galaxy. The story will take place in the Imperial Glaxy set in a timeline from the rise of the Empire to DE II (so all superweapons and what not can exist). The time for the galaxy is independant from the SW timeline, meaning invasion by others will not happen when they are supposed to, ie. the YV. Time is basically going just not with the books. The exactness of the times is going to be the most difficult parts.

MAIN STORY:The story starts out in the Imperial Galaxy, all is thriving and peace is at hand. Palapatine had never created the tyrannical Empire but an Empire just as powerful but less corrupt, except for 2 men. The Empire is headed by the Supreme Chancellor which is in charge of the High Command and Imperial Senate. The head of the Imperial Military is the Grand Admiral (Carnor Jax), his control over the military is only superseeded by the High Command and in certain times the Supreme Chancellor. While the Empire continues its growth in the outer rim territories with the Grand Admiral continuing his campaign to bring the Empire to the less civilized societies of the Galaxy, a dark figure looms at Byss. The man is the head of Dark Force, a secret branch of the military dedicated to superweapons and the wars the Empire could never publicly fight. Only the Grand Admiral knows of Dark Force and its leader (Cloned Palpatine). While the Grand Admiral continues to pretend to be loyal to the Empire, he and Palpatine have created plans to overthrow the High Command and drag the Empire into a massive civil war. If I do write this I do not want to give away to many things but I will tell you that both Jax and Palpatine are very able to betray each other and the different species of the galaxy are going to play a good role in the war.

Now if anybdy is interested and wants to know more just ask. I will only write this and post it if anybody is interested. Suggestions I am more then willing to except if you have some. Nothing is written in stone so names and things can be changed.
Last edited by Techno_Union on 2004-02-07 06:27pm, edited 4 times in total.
Proud member of GALE Force.
Knife
Emperor's Hand

Post by Knife »

I don't know about the plot device of the seperate galaxies. Maybe a frame of reference but contained in the same galaxy. Just off the top of my head. That many galaxies might be too big for a story. Just my opinion.
They say, "the tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of tyrants and patriots." I suppose it never occurred to them that they are the tyrants, not the patriots. Those weapons are not being used to fight some kind of tyranny; they are bringing them to an event where people are getting together to talk. -Mike Wong

But as far as board culture in general, I do think that young male overaggression is a contributing factor to the general atmosphere of hostility. It's not SOS and the Mess throwing hand grenades all over the forum- Red
Techno_Union
Jedi Council Member

Post by Techno_Union »

Knife wrote:I don't know about the plot device of the seperate galaxies. Maybe a frame of reference but contained in the same galaxy. Just off the top of my head. That many galaxies might be too big for a story. Just my opinion.
The other galaxies are not going to have their own stories or anything like that. In actuality they really wouldn't play a big role, only if i wanted to expand the story which we have invasions of the different galxies, so I will most likely take them out.
Comosicus
Keeper of the Lore

Post by Comosicus »

Maybe I'm not the most competent voice, but I think you should give it a try. In the worst case it would be an exercise to polish your writing skill.
Not all Dacians died at Sarmizegetusa
The Aliens
Keeper of the Lore
Location: hovering high up above, making home movies for the folks back home.

Post by The Aliens »

I don't personally like the idea, but I'd read it to see how it turns out.
| Lorekeeper | EBC |
| SEGNOR | Knights |

..French....................Music..................
|::::::::|::::::::|::::::::|::::::::|
.................Comics...................Fiction..
Techno_Union
Jedi Council Member

Post by Techno_Union »

i thought I'd swing the idea by a few people to see what they think. I will most likely write it on my laptop here and there and I might put up a couple chapters to see what you guys think.

Also this would be a story for the more Empire lover.
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

I think that it would work better without the SW connections.
I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

Spanky The Dolphin wrote:I think that it would work better without the SW connections.
I totally agreew, you seem to be saying you've changed everytihng and just want to use the SW names.
Techno_Union
Jedi Council Member

Post by Techno_Union »

Ya that is true, mainly I just wasnted to use the SW ships and so forth with my own Empire, sorta.
Crown
NARF

Post by Crown »

Techno_Union wrote:Ya that is true, mainly I just wasnted to use the SW ships and so forth with my own Empire, sorta.
There is nothing really wrong with that, it is after all a fanfic and it helps you out, by not having to explain to everybody what X ship is and what a Y starfighter looks like and what it can do ... it might work, give it a try I say!
Η ζωή, η ζωή εδω τελειώνει!
"Science is one cold-hearted bitch with a 14" strap-on" - Masuka 'Dexter'
"Angela is not the woman you think she is Gabriel, she's done terrible things"
"So have I, and I'm going to do them all to you." - Sylar to Arthur 'Heroes'