2309 Bloodwine

PST: discuss Star Trek without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

JME2
Emperor's Hand

2309 Bloodwine

Post by JME2 »

We know that General Martok was fond of this vintage of Bloodwine. Does anyone know why 2309 was such a good year for the bloodwine or Empire for that matter?
El Moose Monstero
Moose Rebellion Ambassador
Location: The Cradle of the Rebellion... Oop Nowrrth, Like...

Post by El Moose Monstero »

Oh, wait, I know this one, this was on the 'Food and Drink' Star Trek special at Christmas, it's on the tip of my tongue... :roll: :wink: No idea, good climate, new technology, abandonment of a faulty technology, who knows? I can't see it being the kind of thing that will be listed in the ST Encyclopedia... :)
"...a fountain of mirth, issuing forth from the penis of a cupid..." ~ Dalton / Winner of the 'Frank Hipper Most Horrific Drag EVAR' award - 2004 / The artist formerly known as The_Lumberjack.

Evil Brit Conspiracy: Token Moose Obsessed Kebab Munching Semi Geordie
PackMule
Youngling

Post by PackMule »

Does there need to be a reason?

Its just like when you and I buy wine, some years the wine is a higher quality than others.
Uraniun235
Emperor's Hand

Re: 2309 Bloodwine

Post by Uraniun235 »

JME2 wrote:We know that General Martok was fond of this vintage of Bloodwine. Does anyone know why 2309 was such a good year for the bloodwine or Empire for that matter?
Good lord. This must be one of the geekiest questions EVER.

That is... wow. You should win some sort of award for that. Seriously. For reals.

The answer, of course, is "the writers pulled it out of their ass." :P
JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

Uraniun235 wrote:
JME2 wrote:We know that General Martok was fond of this vintage of Bloodwine. Does anyone know why 2309 was such a good year for the bloodwine or Empire for that matter?

That is... wow. You should win some sort of award for that. Seriously. For reals.

I was just curious if anyone knew. There was some thought that the second Lost Era novel, Serpents Among the Ruins might shed some light on it, since of course it is set in 2311 and the Klingons do feature heavily. Sadly, it does not, though as a concession, it finally reveal what happened to Azbetur.
Sarevok
The Fearless One

Post by Sarevok »

Does it realy matter ? I did not even knew Klingons had wine untill I viewed this thread.
I have to tell you something everything I wrote above is a lie.
Tragic
Padawan Learner

Post by Tragic »

Uraniun235 wrote:

LMAO.

I second that. :lol: :lol:
"The point of war isn't to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his" Gen. George Patton.
JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

evilcat4000 wrote:Does it realy matter ? I did not even knew Klingons had wine untill I viewed this thread.
Well it matters to hardcore DS9 fans like myself.
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

I think what they're getting at, Jamie, is that you seem to have a tendency to ask tons of questions of this sort, and this by far is the geekiest. Probably the geekiest I've ever seen anywhere, and keep in mind that I'm an anime fan. :)

And no, it doen't matter. It's just the year of an excellent vintage of bloodwine, that's all.
I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"
JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

Spanky The Dolphin wrote:I think what they're getting at, Jamie, is that you seem to have a tendency to ask tons of questions of this sort, and this by far is the geekiest. Probably the geekiest I've ever seen anywhere, and keep in mind that I'm an anime fan. :)

And no, it doen't matter. It's just the year of an excellent vintage of bloodwine, that's all.
I was simply wondering if there was any backstory, which I had hoped to use in my Trek/Wars crossover; I don't mind making it up, I simply wanted to verify if there was a reason before doing so.
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

Well, I would avoid pegging any sort of historical significance to 2309, as it's just a year where a particularly excellent vintage of Klingon bloodwine was made.
I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"
justifier
Rabid Monkey

Post by justifier »

qwert ?
KILL BILL and The Punisher coming APRIL 16!
PackMule
Youngling

Post by PackMule »

JME2 wrote:I was simply wondering if there was any backstory, which I had hoped to use in my Trek/Wars crossover; I don't mind making it up, I simply wanted to verify if there was a reason before doing so.
Just because it was a good year for Blood Wine, it doesn't mean jack shit about the rest of the Empire for that year.

For all we know they could have been having a bad time with their changing forheads and the wine is all they can remember that is good from that year ... :roll:
Long Time Lurker, Seldom Poster.
Uraniun235
Emperor's Hand

Post by Uraniun235 »

"Oh, man... I have such a fucking hangover..."
"Dude, WTF is with your forehead?"
"What? I... wha... HOLY SHIT, WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO ME?"
"Dude, just calm down..."
"SHIT MAN, YOUR HEAD'S FUCKED UP TOO!"
"What? Oh, jesus... man, what are we gonna do, everyone's gonna laugh at us!"
"You know what we have to do."
"What?"
"We have to get everyone shitfaced on this stuff."
"It's crazy enough... it just might work!"
Kurgan
Sith Marauder

LoL.. great

Post by Kurgan »

Here's a crazy idea.. maybe there was something weird IN THE WINE that made their heads change!
PackMule
Youngling

Re: LoL.. great

Post by PackMule »

Kurgan wrote:Here's a crazy idea.. maybe there was something weird IN THE WINE that made their heads change!
Then why would Martok want more of it? To make his forhead bigger?
Long Time Lurker, Seldom Poster.
General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Re: LoL.. great

Post by General Zod »

PackMule wrote:
Kurgan wrote:Here's a crazy idea.. maybe there was something weird IN THE WINE that made their heads change!
Then why would Martok want more of it? To make his forhead bigger?
[steve irwin]
now this here's a prime example o' th' klingon species, mate! see them ridges on his forehead? well, each ridge represents a mating cycle for that particular klingon! th' more ridges they have, the more mating cycles they've gone through! judging from th' ridges on this poor bugger's forehead, i'd say he 'asn't had any for years! uh oh, he's getting fumed. looks like he's going for his "Batl'leth!" Danger! Danger! Danger![/steve irwin]
"It's you Americans. There's something about nipples you hate. If this were Germany, we'd be romping around naked on the stage here."
Stofsk
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stofsk »

Crikey!

*Steve Irwin jumps on enraged Klingon, pinning him to the ground.*

8) :lol:
Kurgan
Sith Marauder

Post by Kurgan »

Maybe it's like a hump where they store fat for the winter....
Major Diarrhia
Youngling

Post by Major Diarrhia »

It was obviously just a good year to die, how else would they have gotten all that blood. :wink:
A Jedi must have the deepest commitment, the most serious mind, except when he's fighting with a lightsaber. Jump and twirl around, he should then. -- Yoda
Either that, or someone forgot to shift the weapons from "Pussywhipped diplomacy" mode to "Vicious retribution" mode. -- Uraniun235 in regard to the Galaxy Class ship Odyssey