Probably the best band ever.

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Saurencaerthai
Jedi Master

Post by Saurencaerthai »

Rye wrote: (nick cave i think his name was?)
Nick Barker. Man, that guy is a chops maniac! I still wonder why he got kicked out of Dimmu, though...
Music can name the un-nameable and communicate with the unknowable.
-Leonard Bernstein
Queeb Salaron
Jedi Council Member

Re: Probably the best band ever.

Post by Queeb Salaron »

Saurencaerthai wrote:
Queeb Salaron wrote: Phil Collins - Drums
Exactly how did you get him on the drums?!
Did I miss the memo stating that he stopped playing drums?
Proud owner of The Fleshlight
G.A.L.E. Force - Bisexual Airborn Division
SDnet Resident Psycho Clown

"I hear and behold God in every object, yet I understand God not in the least, / Nor do I understand who there can be more wonderful than myself."
--Whitman

Fucking Funny.
Saurencaerthai
Jedi Master

Post by Saurencaerthai »

My Rock Group:
Vocals - Hendrix, Robert Plant (perhaps)
B-3 organ - Neil Evans
Guitar - Jimi Hendrix (I need no explanation), Frank Zappa
Bass - Jaco Pastorius (God of fretless electric)
Drums - Billy Cobham (He can waste most drummers, seeing as he is the god of rock drumming.)
Percussion - Airto Moriera, Evelyn Glennie
-Leonard Bernstein
Saurencaerthai
Jedi Master

Post by Saurencaerthai »

Queeb Salaron wrote:
Saurencaerthai wrote:
Queeb Salaron wrote: Phil Collins - Drums
Exactly how did you get him on the drums?!
Did I miss the memo stating that he stopped playing drums?
He's still playing. Saw his performance with the Buddy Rich band, and...eh.
I'm just curious why him.
-Leonard Bernstein
Queeb Salaron
Jedi Council Member

Post by Queeb Salaron »

Saurencaerthai wrote:He's still playing. Saw his performance with the Buddy Rich band, and...eh.
I'm just curious why him.
He's of the same era as the rest of them, and has the right feel for him. He played with Clapton in the early 90s and was fantastic.

"I hear and behold God in every object, yet I understand God not in the least, / Nor do I understand who there can be more wonderful than myself."
--Whitman

Fucking Funny.
Col. Crackpot
That Obnoxious Guy

Post by Col. Crackpot »

you know who can play the shit out of a drum kit? David Garabaldi from Tower of Power. Any decent percussionist can play metal fast. The Afro-Cuban stuff is the true test of a master of the craft.
"This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we’ll be lucky to live through it.” -Tom Clancy
Saurencaerthai
Jedi Master

Post by Saurencaerthai »

Col. Crackpot wrote:you know who can play the shit out of a drum kit? David Garabaldi from Tower of Power. Any decent percussionist can play metal fast. The Afro-Cuban stuff is the true test of a master of the craft.
Amen, man! I've got a good part of "Bump City" down now, and man, that guy is a funky big-band drummer! Like Steve Gadd as well?
-Leonard Bernstein
thecreech
Smasher/Devourer
Location: New Mexico... and yes it is a state , Go look at a fucking map of the USA

Post by thecreech »

Queeb Salaron wrote:Ok, if we're going for a more modern feel (which I think we are starting to lean towards) then try this one on for size:

Vocals: Dave Draiman (Disturbed)
Rhythm: Christian Olde Wolbers (Fear Factory)
Lead: Peter Lindgren (Opeth)
Bass: Robert Trujillo (Metallica)
Drums: Danny Carey (Tool)
Synth: Trent Reznor (Nine Inch Nails)

Comments?
Dave Draiman sucks ass and Robert Trujilo is ok but other than that good
zombie84
Jedi Knight

Post by zombie84 »

where the hell is Mark Knopfler?? :lol: too bad theres only so many guitarists a band can have...though Iron Maiden does have three (plus a bassist, so four really).

And Rye, i think your suggestions are too metal for the more "classic rock" style the original poster was suggesting.
I'll swallow your soul!
Queeb Salaron
Jedi Council Member

Post by Queeb Salaron »

thecreech wrote:Dave Draiman sucks ass and Robert Trujilo is ok but other than that good
I happen to like Dave, but if you'd rather, I could swap him out for Lajon Witherspoon of Sevendust, or Maynard James Keenan of Tool. But the latter would put two members of Tool in the same fantasy band, and I'm against doing that.

And as for Trujillo, I think he provides a TON of energy to Metallica. St. Anger has the same level of intensity (though certainly NOT the musicianship) of RtL and MoP. I don't know if Trujillo is the cause of this change, or if the change caused Newstead to drop in the first place, but either way, I like his intensity.

Of course, I could swap him out for, say, Nick Oliveri of QotSA.

--Whitman

Fucking Funny.
Queeb Salaron
Jedi Council Member

Post by Queeb Salaron »

zombie84 wrote:And Rye, i think your suggestions are too metal for the more "classic rock" style the original poster was suggesting.
A) Please, call me Queeb.

B) We like metal here.

Rye: You didn't mention anyone from Opeth. Any reason, or do you just not know good guitar when you hear it? ;)

--Whitman

Fucking Funny.
zombie84
Jedi Knight

Post by zombie84 »

Queeb Salaron wrote:
zombie84 wrote:And Rye, i think your suggestions are too metal for the more "classic rock" style the original poster was suggesting.
A) Please, call me Queeb.
forgot who started the thread, couldnt be bothered to go check ;)
B) We like metal here.

Rye: You didn't mention anyone from Opeth. Any reason, or do you just not know good guitar when you hear it? ;)
well Billy Joel and Elton John didnt strike me as particularly metal-oriented! :P

my personal all-time line-up would be:

Eric Adams--vocals (either him or Bruce Dickinson)
Dave Murray and Kirk Hemmet--guitar
Geddy Lee or Steve Harris--bass
Nicko McBrain--drums
and if i had Synths/keyboards i would get the guy from Sonata Arctica (though i think theres like three of them)

and Tarja Turunen is the hotest chick in metal right now. DAMN she is hot!
I'll swallow your soul!
thecreech
Smasher/Devourer
Location: New Mexico... and yes it is a state , Go look at a fucking map of the USA

Post by thecreech »

Queeb Salaron wrote:SNIP
Lajon is a much better singer... i think that Matt Holt from Nothingface would fit this bands style better. BTW for those of you who listen to Nothingface they have Brokenup. :evil:

Here is my Fantasy metal band

Vocal's Rhythm guitar- Robert Flynn (MachineHead) Image
Lead Guitar- Tom Maxwell (NothingFace) Image
Bass-Fieldy (korn)Image

Drummer-Raymond Herrera (Fear Factory)
Rye
To Mega Therion

Post by Rye »

Queeb Salaron wrote: Rye: You didn't mention anyone from Opeth. Any reason, or do you just not know good guitar when you hear it? ;)
I've only got like 2 songs by them and they're not in much circulation within my 3970 mp3s. ;) Like them though, but they don't take up too much space in my mind.
I happen to like Dave, but if you'd rather, I could swap him out for Lajon Witherspoon of Sevendust, or Maynard James Keenan of Tool. But the latter would put two members of Tool in the same fantasy band, and I'm against doing that.
Hehe, i hate all of those.

Speaking of guitarists, i think i might have to go for one of the Arch Enemy ones as a rhythm guitarist...
EBC|Fucking Metal|Artist|Androgynous Sexfiend|Gozer Kvltist|
Listen to my music! http://www.soundclick.com/nihilanth
"America is, now, the most powerful and economically prosperous nation in the country." - Master of Ossus
thecreech
Smasher/Devourer

Post by thecreech »

Oh and BTW if i had to pick someone for electronics and other things i would go with Aphex Twin
aphexmonster
Jedi Council Member

Post by aphexmonster »

Chardok wrote:Steven Tyler-Backup/lead vocals
Joe Perry- rythym/lead guitar
Eddie Van Halen- everything.
Flea-bass
Max Weinberg-Drums
David Bowie-Lead/backup vocals

Woot! Two lead guitarists, two lead singers. all great.

I like this idea its more updated.

the first musicians wouldn't even make the billboard charts =P

but with the way the kids are today ... i donno if any of these bands would really
Last edited by aphexmonster on 2004-02-18 06:38pm, edited 1 time in total.
-monster
my sig is totaly lonely now =(
aphexmonster
Jedi Council Member

Post by aphexmonster »

Rye wrote:Vocals: Burton C Bell of Fear Factory, many wouldn't put him as the "best" vocalist, but his style really appeals to me.
That chick from cradle would be pretty good too.

Drums: Raymond Herrera form Fear Factory again...or maybe that guy who was in dimmu and cradle (nick cave i think his name was?) again, call me a fanwhore, but there's not many who could do self bias resistor justice. In fact, i'll listen to that now.

Lead guitar: Zakk Wylde or Dimebag Darrel from Pantera, i'd say Steve Vai, but he'd probably end up annoying me with excessive solo-ing.

Rhythm guitar: Guy from Crowbar maybe? Or maybe Dime and the guy from crowbar, the guitarists could do the whole swapping of lead thing...or the guy from morbid angel.

Bass: Hot woman from white zombie maybe? Maybe the bassist from Death, they've got funky bass guitar stuff.

Synth/samples/keyboards etc: Person from Gary Numan's band. Or person from dimmu.

DJ (cos i secretly like the sounds of decks) - whoever it was that did the scratching in FF's Edgecrusher or DT's Glass Prison.

Creative insights from Rob Zombie and Basement Jaxx. :mrgreen:

Yes, my tastes are strange. :P

EDIT: I want an orchestra in there too, so the London Philharmonic it is.

I like this idea because its like a 100 member band because you cant decide on anyone :lol:
-monster
aphexmonster
Jedi Council Member

Post by aphexmonster »

Queeb Salaron wrote:Ok, if we're going for a more modern feel (which I think we are starting to lean towards) then try this one on for size:

Vocals: Dave Draiman (Disturbed)
Rhythm: Christian Olde Wolbers (Fear Factory)
Lead: Peter Lindgren (Opeth)
Bass: Robert Trujillo (Metallica)
Drums: Danny Carey (Tool)
Synth: Trent Reznor (Nine Inch Nails)

Comments?

two synths, trent, and charlie closure ( closure is the better pianist alot of the time )

for bass ide like to say les claypool, but he wouldn't fit unless it was fronted by les claypool, so i'de have to go with someone like Imarobots bassplayer, just because they're underground, hes good, and im random ( and i dont like robert trujillo )

and i mainly commented on this because i hate disturbeds singer =P
-monster
Chardok
GET THE FUCK OFF MY OBSTACLE!

Post by Chardok »

What about adding John Petrucci From Dream Theater (You KNEW I was going to add him) and taking out Steven Tyler? Him and bowie for my band...WOWZERS!
aphexmonster
Jedi Council Member

Post by aphexmonster »

Chardok wrote:What about adding John Petrucci From Dream Theater (You KNEW I was going to add him) and taking out Steven Tyler? Him and bowie for my band...WOWZERS!

yeah, i was wondering why nobody mentioned him
-monster
Rye
To Mega Therion

Post by Rye »

aphexmonster wrote: I like this idea because its like a 100 member band because you cant decide on anyone :lol:
1-1 chance they'll still sound better than Polyphonic spree =D.

But yes, i'm terrible for deciding things like this. :P
EBC|Fucking Metal|Artist|Androgynous Sexfiend|Gozer Kvltist|
Listen to my music! http://www.soundclick.com/nihilanth
"America is, now, the most powerful and economically prosperous nation in the country." - Master of Ossus
Col. Crackpot
That Obnoxious Guy

Post by Col. Crackpot »

Saurencaerthai wrote:
Col. Crackpot wrote:you know who can play the shit out of a drum kit? David Garabaldi from Tower of Power. Any decent percussionist can play metal fast. The Afro-Cuban stuff is the true test of a master of the craft.
Amen, man! I've got a good part of "Bump City" down now, and man, that guy is a funky big-band drummer! Like Steve Gadd as well?
Steve Gadd is badass. My old roomate has a tape of a percussion competition, and Steve Gadd put a show on. The man is amazing. Supposedly he got into a fist fight with Sting and thats why he doesn't work with him anymore.
"This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we’ll be lucky to live through it.” -Tom Clancy
Queeb Salaron
Jedi Council Member

Post by Queeb Salaron »

thecreech wrote:Bass-Fieldy (korn)Image
Fieldy? That no-talent hack? That faux-slapping bafoon who rode to fame on the apron strings of Jonathan Davis? No no no no.

Everyone else I'm ok with, though. :)
Chardok wrote:What about adding John Petrucci From Dream Theater (You KNEW I was going to add him) and taking out Steven Tyler? Him and bowie for my band...WOWZERS!
John Petrucci is just on the lip of the "Guitar Gods" list, and I'm not sure which side of the lip he's on yet. I'm gonna hafta listen to some more Dream Theater tonight and get back to you on that. :)

--Whitman

Fucking Funny.
thecreech
Smasher/Devourer

Post by thecreech »

Queeb Salaron wrote:
Fieldy? That no-talent hack? That faux-slapping bafoon who rode to fame on the apron strings of Jonathan Davis? No no no no.
LOL yeah no talent hack... the reason i like him is that you can actually hear him which is more than you can say for alot of bassists. Most get drowned out by the other band members. Besides he is fast, aggressive and doesn't use a pic.
Exonerate
Sith Marauder

Post by Exonerate »

My suggestions...

Person who does rhythm guitar for Children of Bodom. Maybe ArchEnemy too... Opeth has very good guitar too... So many choices.
Daniel Svensson from In Flames for drums.
I'm going to agree with Rye and say Burton Bell from Fear Factory. If we're looking for a female vocalist, I'd go with Tarja from Nightwish.

BoTM, MM, HAB, JL