Probably the best band ever.

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

thecreech
Smasher/Devourer
Location: New Mexico... and yes it is a state , Go look at a fucking map of the USA

Post by thecreech »

Exonerate wrote: I'm going to agree with Rye and say Burton Bell from Fear Factory. If we're looking for a female vocalist, I'd go with Tarja from Nightwish.
Burton C bell is awesome
SeebianWurm
Padawan Learner

Post by SeebianWurm »

Frank Black for weird lyrics.
[ Ye Olde Coked-Up Werewolf of the Late Knights ]

Fuck fish.
Gandalf
SD.net White Wizard

Post by Gandalf »

Queeb Salaron wrote:
TheDarkOne wrote:How about

John Lennon
Paul McCartney
George Harrison
Ringo Star

:)
Dead, sucks, dead and sucked when he was alive, sucks bigtime and should be dead.

I take a very Bob Dylan stance on the Beatles. Please let's not mention them again.
I must kill you now.

We need some Blind Guardian influence here. Hansi Kürsch would own at vocals.
"Oh no, oh yeah, tell me how can it be so fair
That we dying younger hiding from the police man over there
Just for breathing in the air they wanna leave me in the chair
Electric shocking body rocking beat streeting me to death"

- A.B. Original, Report to the Mist

"I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."
- George Carlin
Queeb Salaron
Jedi Council Member

Post by Queeb Salaron »

thecreech wrote:LOL yeah no talent hack... the reason i like him is that you can actually hear him which is more than you can say for alot of bassists. Most get drowned out by the other band members. Besides he is fast, aggressive and doesn't use a pic.
The reason you can hear him is because he bangs away incoherently at that 5th string like he's mad at it, and knows how to play exactly three notes, one of which is an octave of one of the other notes he knows.
Proud owner of The Fleshlight
G.A.L.E. Force - Bisexual Airborn Division
SDnet Resident Psycho Clown

"I hear and behold God in every object, yet I understand God not in the least, / Nor do I understand who there can be more wonderful than myself."
--Whitman

Fucking Funny.
zombie84
Jedi Knight

Post by zombie84 »

the ability to hear the bassist has nothing to do with his talent...its just the mix you know. You can give a monkey a bass and crank up the volume and it'll drown out the guitars...
I'll swallow your soul!
Saurencaerthai
Jedi Master

Post by Saurencaerthai »

thecreech wrote:
Queeb Salaron wrote:
Fieldy? That no-talent hack? That faux-slapping bafoon who rode to fame on the apron strings of Jonathan Davis? No no no no.
LOL yeah no talent hack... the reason i like him is that you can actually hear him which is more than you can say for alot of bassists. Most get drowned out by the other band members. Besides he is fast, aggressive and doesn't use a pic.
Y'know, in some cases, it's actually good if you can't hear them, because chances are that then, they are really doing their job and supporting everything. Take it away, and you feel a sudden drop of support.
Music can name the un-nameable and communicate with the unknowable.
-Leonard Bernstein
Saurencaerthai
Jedi Master

Post by Saurencaerthai »

Col. Crackpot wrote: Steve Gadd is badass. My old roomate has a tape of a percussion competition, and Steve Gadd put a show on. The man is amazing. Supposedly he got into a fist fight with Sting and thats why he doesn't work with him anymore.
LOL!!! That's almost like when Max Roach and Charles Mingus got into a fistfight in the studio while recording "Money Jungle" and Duke Ellington had to break it up!
Music can name the un-nameable and communicate with the unknowable.
-Leonard Bernstein
Peregrin Toker
Emperor's Hand

Post by Peregrin Toker »

thecreech wrote:Here is my Fantasy metal band
Vocal's Rhythm guitar- Robert Flynn (MachineHead) Image
Lead Guitar- Tom Maxwell (NothingFace) Image
Bass-Fieldy (korn)Image

Drummer-Raymond Herrera (Fear Factory)
Members of Korn and Fear Factory in a band supposed to be "Fantasy Metal"?

I though it was common knowledge (among metalheads, at least) that neither Korn or Fear Factory are metal. Fear Factory play Industrial Rock, while the proper term in metalhead jargon for Korn's music is "mallcore".

If you want Fantasy Metal, try this lineup:

Vocals: Byron Roberts (Bal-Sagoth)
Keyboards: Either one of Summoning's keyboarders (they have two!), Trollhorn (Finntroll) or Jonny Maudling (Bal-Sagoth)...
Rhythm guitars: Chris Maudling (Bal-Sagoth)
Lead Guitars: No idea, but I definately need one...
Bass: Silenius (Summoning)
Drums: Dave Mackintosh (Bal-Sagoth)
zombie84 wrote:and Tarja Turunen is the hotest chick in metal right now. DAMN she is hot!
I was gonna say that Cristina Scabbia is much hotter, but it's doubtable whether Lacuna Coil is metal or goth-rock...
"Hi there, would you like to have a cookie?"

"No, actually I would HATE to have a cookie, you vapid waste of inedible flesh!"
Rye
To Mega Therion

Post by Rye »

Peregrin Toker wrote: Members of Korn and Fear Factory in a band supposed to be "Fantasy Metal"?

I though it was common knowledge (among metalheads, at least) that neither Korn or Fear Factory are metal. Fear Factory play Industrial Rock, while the proper term in metalhead jargon for Korn's music is "mallcore".
Lol, what is it with making up new genres every 2 years? This is another thing that pisses me off about metal fans. A few years ago, KoRn were "nu-metal" but they're now old for the nu-metal, and there's "nuer" nu-metal like lostprophets and linkin park that make korn look like paragons of heaviness. Whoa i used the word paragon.

Anyway, Digimortal was the least-heavy sounding ff album, and even that has songs like Repentence and What Will Become? which i would still term as metal.

Of course, if you want to go with the bulk of their stuff, there's no way anyone would say demanufacture wasn't metal, same with obsolete, SOANM and concrete are DEATH metal mixed with industrial.
If you want Fantasy Metal, try this lineup:

Vocals: Byron Roberts (Bal-Sagoth)
Keyboards: Either one of Summoning's keyboarders (they have two!), Trollhorn (Finntroll) or Jonny Maudling (Bal-Sagoth)...
Rhythm guitars: Chris Maudling (Bal-Sagoth)
Lead Guitars: No idea, but I definately need one...
Bass: Silenius (Summoning)
Drums: Dave Mackintosh (Bal-Sagoth)
Do i detect a fanboy? ;) I'll let you off 'cause they're a good band though.
I was gonna say that Cristina Scabbia is much hotter, but it's doubtable whether Lacuna Coil is metal or goth-rock...
Pfft. Like it matters. :P
EBC|Fucking Metal|Artist|Androgynous Sexfiend|Gozer Kvltist|
Listen to my music! http://www.soundclick.com/nihilanth
"America is, now, the most powerful and economically prosperous nation in the country." - Master of Ossus
Col. Crackpot
That Obnoxious Guy

Post by Col. Crackpot »

so many low talnet, flash in the pan rock and metal musicians. This is an "all-star" thread! sheesh. Lets make our picks reflect that.
"This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we’ll be lucky to live through it.” -Tom Clancy
zombie84
Jedi Knight

Post by zombie84 »

Mallcore is an acceptable terms, generally synonomous with NuMetal--basically the mainstream, trendy bands that you can find in droves in every store in shopping malls where their teenage fans hang out.

Personally i hate Korn with a passion--i mean theres no fucking talent at all. They down tune their guitars to the first two frets and then slap the strings randomly. Fear Factory are pretty cool because at least they have a concept behind their music but Korn to me, much like Linkin Park et all, represents all that is wrong and horrid in the music and metal scene. NuMetal is dying off anyway, the album sales in the last few years have sunk like stones...
I'll swallow your soul!
Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

Post by Master of Ossus »

I don't really think Billy Joel would be a reasonable pick for a piano accompaniment. He was a great lyricist and singer, but you should be able to find a better piano man (not that there's that much difference between accompaniment players).
"Sometimes I think you WANT us to fail." "Shut up, just shut up!" -Two Guys from Kabul

Latinum Star Recipient; Hacker's Cross Award Winner

"one soler flar can vapririze the planit or malt the nickl in lass than millasacit" -Bagara1000

"Happiness is just a Flaming Moe away."
aphexmonster
Jedi Council Member

Post by aphexmonster »

how about we limit it to genre types ?

its entirely too cluttered the way it is

theres too many good musicians to make even a Slipknot II

hrmm, i wonder what musicians would be in the worst band ever
-monster
my sig is totaly lonely now =(
Queeb Salaron
Jedi Council Member

Post by Queeb Salaron »

Saurencaerthai wrote:LOL!!! That's almost like when Max Roach and Charles Mingus got into a fistfight in the studio while recording "Money Jungle" and Duke Ellington had to break it up!
Did they ever release tape of that?

And I always wanted to see Gillespie and Armstrong fight it out. There was some bad blood there...

"I hear and behold God in every object, yet I understand God not in the least, / Nor do I understand who there can be more wonderful than myself."
--Whitman

Fucking Funny.
Queeb Salaron
Jedi Council Member

Post by Queeb Salaron »

aphexmonster wrote:how about we limit it to genre types ?

its entirely too cluttered the way it is

theres too many good musicians to make even a Slipknot II

hrmm, i wonder what musicians would be in the worst band ever
Quite, quite. ::Assumes authority again over rampant thread::

Ok, three genres:

1) Classic rock (pre-1985)
2) Modern rock (1985 - present)
3) Metal (1975 - present)

No jazz (that thread is coming soon, though), punk, pop, etc. Keep it rockin'. No cross-overs.

--Whitman

Fucking Funny.
Peregrin Toker
Emperor's Hand

Post by Peregrin Toker »

Rye wrote:Anyway, Digimortal was the least-heavy sounding ff album, and even that has songs like Repentence and What Will Become? which i would still term as metal.
Something I should inform you of is that the difference between hard rock and metal is not a question of heaviness. The primary difference IMO is that metal usually draws much more inspiration from classical music and Existentialist philosophy than hard rock does.
Do i detect a fanboy? ;) I'll let you off 'cause they're a good band though.

Actually, I think that a cooperation between Bal-Sagoth and Summoning members would be very interesting and could eventually improve upon Bal-Sagoth... (if you've ever heard Summoning you'd know why, it's probably some of the most unique music I've ever heard)
Pfft. Like it matters. :P
(waits for another metal fan to mention Angela from Arch Enemy or Jo from Bolt Thrower)
"Hi there, would you like to have a cookie?"

"No, actually I would HATE to have a cookie, you vapid waste of inedible flesh!"