Kefka vs. Sephiroth

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

Kefka or Sephiroth?

Kefka
70%
Sephiroth
15%
MAD
9%
Tie
2%
WTF?!
4%

Total votes: 46

SirNitram
Rest in Peace, Black Mage

Kefka vs. Sephiroth

Post by SirNitram »

The two maniacal FF villains in a head to head. No minions, no dungeons, just straight up one on one.

I think it's gonna go to Kefka, who actually absorbed the powers of Creation and Destruction from the Three Goddesses, but Tevar disagrees. Poll on!
Manic Progressive: A liberal who violently swings from anger at politicos to despondency over them.

Out Of Context theatre: Ron Paul has repeatedly said he's not a racist. - Destructinator XIII on why Ron Paul isn't racist.

Shadowy Overlord - BMs/Black Mage Monkey - BOTM/Jetfire - Cybertron's Finest/General Miscreant/ASVS/Supermoderator Emeritus

Debator Classification: Trollhunter
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

Another vote for kefka, the evil jester is going to get more votes when Ancaris and the other classic FF freaks get here.

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Exonerate
Sith Marauder

Post by Exonerate »

Sephiroth is too cool to die from the likes of Kefka. Bishonen never die! :P

BoTM, MM, HAB, JL
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

My vote should be obvious. :twisted:

"Run! Run! Or you'll be well done!"
”A Radical is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air.” – Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

American Conservatism is about the exercise of personal responsibility without state interference in the lives of the citizenry..... unless, of course, it involves using the bludgeon of state power to suppress things Conservatives do not like.

DONALD J. TRUMP IS A SEDITIOUS TRAITOR AND MUST BE IMPEACHED
ArchMage
Youngling

Post by ArchMage »

hearing kefkas laugh just once will make Sephiroth into his bitch.

Kefka easily :lol:
when someone starts talking about good and evil, keep one hand on your wallet

There is no problem so insurmountable that cannot be solved with the proper application of high explosives
Gil Hamilton
Tipsy Space Birdie

Post by Gil Hamilton »

I'm giving this to Kefka, though I think that Sephiroth will put up a good fight.
"Show me an angel and I will paint you one." - Gustav Courbet

"Quetzalcoatl, plumed serpent of the Aztecs... you are a pussy." - Stephen Colbert

"Really, I'm jealous of how much smarter than me he is. I'm not an expert on anything and he's an expert on things he knows nothing about." - Me, concerning a bullshitter
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

Sephy's big penis compensating sword would go for the gusto, but in the end I see him becoming another wall ornament for Kefka.
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete
Gil Hamilton
Tipsy Space Birdie

Post by Gil Hamilton »

I suppose it matter when this fight is happening. If it's before the floating continent and before Sephiroth entered the lifestream, then I think that Sephiroth is going to beat him down. But in their final incarnation?

I mean, both of them tried to smash the planet with a giant disaster, but Kefka's disaster worked, dammit!

"Quetzalcoatl, plumed serpent of the Aztecs... you are a pussy." - Stephen Colbert

"Really, I'm jealous of how much smarter than me he is. I'm not an expert on anything and he's an expert on things he knows nothing about." - Me, concerning a bullshitter
Darth Raptor
Red Mage

Post by Darth Raptor »

Yes, yes. Please clarify. Is this Gestahl's lapdog the Magitek Knight Kefka or Satan Incarnate Kefka? Also is this Shinra war hero Sephiroth or weird-ass God-like Sephiroth?
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

Lazy Raptor wrote:Yes, yes. Please clarify. Is this Gestahl's lapdog the Magitek Knight Kefka or Satan Incarnate Kefka? Also is this Shinra war hero Sephiroth or weird-ass God-like Sephiroth?
The OP does indicates uber Kefka...for fairness I'd say the final incarnation of Spehy.
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete
Darth Raptor
Red Mage

Post by Darth Raptor »

Ghost Rider wrote:The OP does indicates uber Kefka...for fairness I'd say the final incarnation of Spehy.
If that's the case a massive cosmic explosion rips the universe asunder. Everyone dies. So, a tie.
Smiling Bandit
Jedi Master

Post by Smiling Bandit »

Hah! Uber Kefka took on the whole party of characters and gets hit with many, many ULTIMA spells. He'd laugh if they tried to hit him with that Piddly Knights of the Round. ;)

Kefka was cool.

Oddly enough, I'm just about ready to finally beat him, some 10 years after I started. I never had the money to buy the game... just rent it. Now I have ti and I'm almost ready to enter the final dungeon.
ph3@r the k3oot3 0n3z
I thought this was a capture the b33r mod?!
Darth Raptor
Red Mage

Post by Darth Raptor »

Also I should add that in a fight between their original forms Sephiroth wins. It's really not even close.
Gil Hamilton
Tipsy Space Birdie

Post by Gil Hamilton »

Smiling Bandit wrote:Hah! Uber Kefka took on the whole party of characters and gets hit with many, many ULTIMA spells. He'd laugh if they tried to hit him with that Piddly Knights of the Round. ;)

Kefka was cool.

Oddly enough, I'm just about ready to finally beat him, some 10 years after I started. I never had the money to buy the game... just rent it. Now I have ti and I'm almost ready to enter the final dungeon.
That's a good question. Knights of the Round does huge amounts of damage to all enemies, alot more so than a single Ultima does. It could very easily clear out alot of Kefkas smaller pieces without a problem. You'd have to do it several times, one for each individual section, but Knight of the Round to me would be an ideal anti-Kefka weapon, particular if you load up your party with stuff that allows you do cast it multiple times a turn.

Then again, all the times I've tackled Kefka, I never needed to go beyond my first four characters, I was just that stacked.

Of course, Sephiroth wasn't nearly as hardcore as my party at the end of FF3. Terra with the Atma Weapon, Illumina, Offering and Genji glove was practically a one woman Knights of the Round by the end.

General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Post by General Zod »

in their final forms, kefka takes it easily. considering that kefka was able to cause massive devastation to a continent on his own after absorbing the goddess' power, while sephy had to summon a meteor to help him. . . .well, that gives kefka a bit of an edge. plus kefka wins in terms of sheer maniacal ruthlessness. sephy only went after specific targets for the most part (while at the same time eliminating those who were immediately in his path). on the other hand kefka went after anyone that ticked him off, or anyone who happened to catch his notice at the time he was feeling bored.
"It's you Americans. There's something about nipples you hate. If this were Germany, we'd be romping around naked on the stage here."
Gil Hamilton
Tipsy Space Birdie

Post by Gil Hamilton »

Darth_Zod wrote:in their final forms, kefka takes it easily. considering that kefka was able to cause massive devastation to a continent on his own after absorbing the goddess' power, while sephy had to summon a meteor to help him. . . .well, that gives kefka a bit of an edge. plus kefka wins in terms of sheer maniacal ruthlessness. sephy only went after specific targets for the most part (while at the same time eliminating those who were immediately in his path). on the other hand kefka went after anyone that ticked him off, or anyone who happened to catch his notice at the time he was feeling bored.
To be fair, Sephiroth did burn down Nebelhiem in a fit of anger and Meteor would have smashed the planet if it weren't for Holy. But you're right there is a difference there. Sephiroth is not strictly speaking terribly evil. Insane? Certainly, but you don't get the impression that before he went off the twist that he was all that bad a guy. Kefka on the other hand is simply an insane, evil monster clown and always was one. He didn't have to go very far to be as rotten as he was, and you get the impression that Sephiroth did.

General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Post by General Zod »

burning down a city is a far cry from tearing apart continents.
"It's you Americans. There's something about nipples you hate. If this were Germany, we'd be romping around naked on the stage here."
Gil Hamilton
Tipsy Space Birdie

Post by Gil Hamilton »

Darth_Zod wrote:burning down a city is a far cry from tearing apart continents.
What about Meteor? That would have destroyed the entire planet if it weren't for Holy?

General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Post by General Zod »

it would have, but it was taking days to reach the actual planet. while in kefka's case, he was able to tear up continents as soon as he absorbed the powers of the goddesses.
Gil Hamilton
Tipsy Space Birdie

Post by Gil Hamilton »

Darth_Zod wrote:it would have, but it was taking days to reach the actual planet. while in kefka's case, he was able to tear up continents as soon as he absorbed the powers of the goddesses.
So? A few days isn't much of a problem, considering that there was exactly one way to stop it. In terms of scale, the only reason Kefka was more destructive was because his devestation managed to work and it still failed to destroy any of the cities on the continents, except for the Imperial capital, which he plonked a giant tower.

General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Post by General Zod »

i think the fact that most of the cities being left was done on purpose, out of sheer spite more than anything. after all, he was actively torturing some cities with his red laser of doom just for his amusement. plus entire continents shifted and rearranged themselves after he shattered the world.
SirNitram
Rest in Peace, Black Mage

Post by SirNitram »

Honestly, what has Seph got going for him? A sword so big it screams 'MY PENIS SHRIVELLED AND FELL OFF AND NOW I MUST COMPENSATE'?
Manic Progressive: A liberal who violently swings from anger at politicos to despondency over them.

Out Of Context theatre: Ron Paul has repeatedly said he's not a racist. - Destructinator XIII on why Ron Paul isn't racist.

Shadowy Overlord - BMs/Black Mage Monkey - BOTM/Jetfire - Cybertron's Finest/General Miscreant/ASVS/Supermoderator Emeritus

Debator Classification: Trollhunter
Mayabird
Storytime!

Post by Mayabird »

Darth_Zod wrote:i think the fact that most of the cities being left was done on purpose, out of sheer spite more than anything. after all, he was actively torturing some cities with his red laser of doom just for his amusement. plus entire continents shifted and rearranged themselves after he shattered the world.
Kefka wins.

It's not that he couldn't destroy the world. Kefka was evil and powerful to the point that he was preventing seeds from sprouting. He only left the cities so he could kill them as slowly, painfully, and cruelly as he could. Why leave the children of Mobliz alone and only murder the parents? Kefka had enough raw power that he could have easily wiped them all off the face of the Earth, but he was a sadistic insane bastard toying with the survivors.
DPDarkPrimus is my boyfriend!

SDNW4 Nation: The Refuge And, on Nova Terra, Al-Stan the Totally and Completely Honest and Legitimate Weapons Dealer and Used Starship Salesman slept on a bed made of money, with a blaster under his pillow and his sombrero pulled over his face. This is to say, he slept very well indeed.
Trogdor
Sith Devotee

Post by Trogdor »

Kefka always struck me as smarter than Sephiroth, waiting for the ideal time to strike, playing second fiddle to the emperor to the extent he even put up with being locked up in jail until the perfect time to strike came along. Sephiroth just flipped out once Jenova spoke to him, burning down Nibelheim for no particular reason. It probably would've been wiser for him to play the still loyal general while seeking out the black materia.

Also, I'm not sure Sephiroth would beat Kefka if they fight in their initial forms. Remember, Sephiroth did get owned by a young, inexperienced, non-mako enchanced, run though the abdomen with the masamune Cloud.
"I want to mow down a bunch of motherfuckers with absurdly large weapons and relative impunity - preferably in and around a skyscraper. Then I want to fight a grim battle against the unlikely duo of the Terminator and Robocop. The last level should involve (but not be limited to) multiple robo-Hitlers and a gorillasaurus rex."--Uraniun235 on his ideal FPS game

"The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant compared to the power of the Force."--Darth Vader
Darth Raptor
Red Mage

Post by Darth Raptor »

SirNitram wrote:Honestly, what has Seph got going for him?
Supernova. Forget Meteor, it was supposed to cause a KT level disaster that would allow him to do whatever he and his mommy wanted to do. The guy can destroy planets and he can cause stars to go critical. Seriously, am I the only one that had to endure that attack?