Kefka vs Sephiroth vs Lavos vs Sin

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

Shinova
Emperor's Hand

Kefka vs Sephiroth vs Lavos vs Sin

Post by Shinova »

Now I don't know much about Sin and FF10, but I'm assuming it's the equivalent of Lavos in FF10. So anyway:

This basically the same as the other Kefka vs Sephiroth except that we have a complete free-for-all between the four mentioned above. Lavos from Chrono Trigger and Sin from Final Fantasy 10.

They are all in their strongest form. So from the above four, which will come out as the victor in the end?
What's her bust size!?

It's over NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAND!!!!!!!!!
Joe
Space Cowboy

Post by Joe »

Overall, Lavos is the most powerful. He simply has to initiate the Day of Lavos and he's practically won the fight.

BoTM / JL / MM / HAB / VRWC / Horseman

I'm studying for the CPA exam. Have a nice summer, and if you're down just sit back and realize that Joe is off somewhere, doing much worse than you are.
Smiling Bandit
Jedi Master

Post by Smiling Bandit »

He needs some 90 million years to do that. And even then I doubt it would kill the others. If ordinary people survived, I doubt the likes of Kefka or Sin would care.

Sin isn't really strong. He's nigh-impossible to kill but can be driven off handily.

Oh lord, why am I even talking about this? There's no comparison DAMMIT!!!!! Kefka WINS! Kefka ALWAYS WINS!!!!!
ph3@r the k3oot3 0n3z
I thought this was a capture the b33r mod?!
Gil Hamilton
Tipsy Space Birdie

Post by Gil Hamilton »

If we are assuming final forms, this fight could be interesting.

I don't think Sephiroth can win this. He can be a pain to fight, assuming you don't do one of the uber-wank attacks like Knights of the Round on him, but he's pretty generic a final villain.

Sin isn't that bastardly in and of himself, but killing him permenantly is a problem, because Yu Yevon will resummon him.

Lavos is a mixed bag. He had alot of power, but it took a damn long time for him to build it up. Assuming that this happens when he's ready to move, at 2000 AD, he's going to clear the field with several million years of built up power. This might get Sephiroth, but I don't think it will get Sin permanently and Kefka will probably live through it. After all, it's nothing that Kefka hasn't done before.

I think Kefka's got this one. I mean, Lavos has a nice opening shot, but he's a pussy after he does it, by far the easiest of the bosses mentioned. Once his opening shot clears the field except Kefka (who will find it hilarious), Kefka's either going to make him extra crispy or make him into a pet.
"Show me an angel and I will paint you one." - Gustav Courbet

"Quetzalcoatl, plumed serpent of the Aztecs... you are a pussy." - Stephen Colbert

"Really, I'm jealous of how much smarter than me he is. I'm not an expert on anything and he's an expert on things he knows nothing about." - Me, concerning a bullshitter
SyntaxVorlon
Sith Acolyte

Post by SyntaxVorlon »

Lavos may be defeated at first, but then he disappears for two years and trains and returns to hand everyone their asses on a stick, while for some reason floating around and glowing yellow.
WE, however, do meddle in the affairs of others.
What part of [ Image,Image, N(Image) ] don't you understand?
Skeptical Armada Cynic: ROU Aggressive Logic
SDN Ranger: Skeptical Ambassador
EOD
Mr Golgotha, Ms Scheck, we're running low on skin. I suggest you harvest another lesbian!
LobsterZoidberg
Redshirt

Post by LobsterZoidberg »

I'm gonna say Kefka on this one.

Sin might actually go down first- without another summon to run to, I'm not certain Yevon can regenerate. He might be able to run to one of the magicited espers, but Kefka was capable of taking those down- all of them, in fact- before he absorbed the power of the statues.

Sephiroth- I dunno- He's semi-badass, but it seems like anything that would wipe out these guys would be on the level of the meteor attack, which took quite a while to hit- and none of the others are going to sit around and just wait for it to hit.

Lavos is pretty hardcore, but he's not that badass, and as mentioned needs to build up his power for a long damn time.
"Do not offend the Chair Leg of Truth! It is wise and terrible."
Trogdor
Sith Devotee

Post by Trogdor »

Assuming final forms, I'd say it's between Kefka and Lavos. Both successfully plunged worlds into ruin to increase their power after all.
"I want to mow down a bunch of motherfuckers with absurdly large weapons and relative impunity - preferably in and around a skyscraper. Then I want to fight a grim battle against the unlikely duo of the Terminator and Robocop. The last level should involve (but not be limited to) multiple robo-Hitlers and a gorillasaurus rex."--Uraniun235 on his ideal FPS game

"The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant compared to the power of the Force."--Darth Vader
GoldenFalcon
Jedi Knight
Location: Busy practicing with a bokken, come near me and I'll whack you with it.

Post by GoldenFalcon »

Lavos, even that maniacal clown can't take spines that turn into meteor fireballs.

...then again, four kids, a frog, a robot, and a wizard managed to survive those attacks, so eh?
Babylon 5: In the Beginning quote:

General Lefcourt: "My people can handle themselves. We took care of the Dilgar. We can take care of the Minbari."
Londo Mollari: "Ahh, arrogance and stupidity all in the same package. How efficient of you."

Coming soon: Firebird Productions
Shinova
Emperor's Hand

Post by Shinova »

GoldenFalcon wrote:Lavos, even that maniacal clown can't take spines that turn into meteor fireballs.

...then again, four kids, a frog, a robot, and a wizard managed to survive those attacks, so eh?
Well, on the other hand, when your party first encounters Lavos head-on, he does a "Day of Destruction" or some attack that KOs your entire party in a single hit (something like 850 or so damage instantly).
What's her bust size!?

Mayabird
Storytime!

Post by Mayabird »

Shinova wrote:
GoldenFalcon wrote:Lavos, even that maniacal clown can't take spines that turn into meteor fireballs.

Well, on the other hand, when your party first encounters Lavos head-on, he does a "Day of Destruction" or some attack that KOs your entire party in a single hit (something like 850 or so damage instantly).
Not if you do a New Game +. You can survive the attack and beat the great death hedgehog (and get a secret extra ending).

But aside from that, the fight would be between Lavos and Kefka, and I'm betting on Kefka. Lavos took 65 million years to build up all that energy, and when you get down to it, while Lavos is a destroyer of worlds, it's not really in it for the destruction; it's merely reproducing itself. Kefka, however, IS in it for the destruction. I'm saying Kefka for this one, also.
DPDarkPrimus is my boyfriend!

SDNW4 Nation: The Refuge And, on Nova Terra, Al-Stan the Totally and Completely Honest and Legitimate Weapons Dealer and Used Starship Salesman slept on a bed made of money, with a blaster under his pillow and his sombrero pulled over his face. This is to say, he slept very well indeed.
SirNitram
Rest in Peace, Black Mage

Post by SirNitram »

Lavos wins by deathcount, Kefka for sheer power, I think. If we included minions, Lavos takes it.
Manic Progressive: A liberal who violently swings from anger at politicos to despondency over them.

Out Of Context theatre: Ron Paul has repeatedly said he's not a racist. - Destructinator XIII on why Ron Paul isn't racist.

Shadowy Overlord - BMs/Black Mage Monkey - BOTM/Jetfire - Cybertron's Finest/General Miscreant/ASVS/Supermoderator Emeritus

Debator Classification: Trollhunter
Lagmonster
Master Control Program
Master Control Program

Post by Lagmonster »

Ignoring the game mechanics...Lavos is a world-eating, time-controlling alien - good for it. Kefka commands the powers of the three goddesses that created our plane of existance.

Kefka wins.

(On that note, I don't think that any party of adventurers should have been able to kick his ass considering he wipes out Espers just by looking at them.)
Note: I'm semi-retired from the board, so if you need something, please be patient.
Sporkzen
Padawan Learner

Post by Sporkzen »

Kefka wins!, he just seemed more overall powerful.

Even though i beat his final form by umaro throwing setzer at him...if i recall correctly. heh
Sweet jesus on a stick! Hey isnt that what we call easter?
NeoGoomba
Sith Devotee

Post by NeoGoomba »

I say Kefka wins as well, but thats just the first round. Lavos, right before being crushed, enacts his little Deus Ex Machina, aka his Time Devourer (from Chrono Cross) to alter history so that he wins. Unless Kefka can detect this and stop it before the TD goes back in time, it won't matter.
Cthulhu-chan
Padawan Learner

Post by Cthulhu-chan »

Kefka is highly over-rated around here. He's certainly no more powerful than Sephiroth, neither of which are shown to be the threat that Lavos or even Sin were. Sin's claim to fame was being a virual force of nature, and damn near impossible to destroy. Lavos has his own personal armageddon, not to mention his consciousness spans across the dimensions of probability, allowing him to manipulate history. The way I see it, Lavos and Sin will have at it, knocking Kefka and Sephiroth off with the fallout. Then it's just a matter of whether Sin's superior defenses can withstand Lavos' superior firepower long enough to secure a victory.
"Heaven is an American salary, a Chinese cook, an English house, and a Japanese wife. Hell is defined as having a Chinese salary, an English cook, a Japanese apartment, and an American wife." -- James H. Kabbler III.
Smiling Bandit
Jedi Master

Post by Smiling Bandit »

Kefka is highly over-rated around here. He's certainly no more powerful than Sephiroth, neither of which are shown to be the threat that Lavos or even Sin were.
Are you kidding...

Kefka has two wings! Two! You can't beat that.
Lavos has his own personal armageddon, not to mention his consciousness spans across the dimensions of probability, allowing him to manipulate history.
What are you talking about? He had no such thing. He was just a big, dumb space beetle that landed and took some 90 million years to unleash his world-devastation attack.
ph3@r the k3oot3 0n3z
I thought this was a capture the b33r mod?!
Cthulhu-chan
Padawan Learner

Post by Cthulhu-chan »

Did you not play Chorno Cross? Furthermore, did you miss the point in Chrono Trigger where it's revealed that Lavos had been manipulating every lifeform on the planet to best serve it's own interests? Lavos may have been many things, but stupid was not one of them...
"Heaven is an American salary, a Chinese cook, an English house, and a Japanese wife. Hell is defined as having a Chinese salary, an English cook, a Japanese apartment, and an American wife." -- James H. Kabbler III.
Shinova
Emperor's Hand

Post by Shinova »

Cthulhu-chan wrote:Did you not play Chorno Cross? Furthermore, did you miss the point in Chrono Trigger where it's revealed that Lavos had been manipulating every lifeform on the planet to best serve it's own interests? Lavos may have been many things, but stupid was not one of them...
Judging from the other people's posts, being smart may not help beat Kefka.
What's her bust size!?

Anarchist Bunny
Foul, Cruel, and Bad-Tempered Rodent

Post by Anarchist Bunny »

Cthulhu-chan wrote:Kefka is highly over-rated around here. He's certainly no more powerful than Sephiroth, neither of which are shown to be the threat that Lavos or even Sin were. Sin's claim to fame was being a virual force of nature, and damn near impossible to destroy. Lavos has his own personal armageddon, not to mention his consciousness spans across the dimensions of probability, allowing him to manipulate history. The way I see it, Lavos and Sin will have at it, knocking Kefka and Sephiroth off with the fallout. Then it's just a matter of whether Sin's superior defenses can withstand Lavos' superior firepower long enough to secure a victory.
Whoa whoa whoa, Lavos after 90 million years of preperation unleashed a large meteor storm that devistated the people of the planet and fell it into chaos, but when Kefka gained the power of the goddesses he TORE APART CONTINENTS WITH A GIANT MOTHER FUCKING BEAM!

Kefka ownzors.
//This Line Blank as of 7/15/07\\
Ornithology Subdirector: SD.net Dept. of Biological Sciences
Wiilite
SirNitram

Post by SirNitram »

Lavos in his TimeDevourer form eats the Time/Space Continuum. That's just a wee bit more powerful than a psycho clown. In addition, the Goddesses tore apart continents. Kefka's beam could only destroy cities.
Manic Progressive: A liberal who violently swings from anger at politicos to despondency over them.

Out Of Context theatre: Ron Paul has repeatedly said he's not a racist. - Destructinator XIII on why Ron Paul isn't racist.

Shadowy Overlord - BMs/Black Mage Monkey - BOTM/Jetfire - Cybertron's Finest/General Miscreant/ASVS/Supermoderator Emeritus

Morat
Padawan Learner

Post by Morat »

Whoa whoa whoa, Lavos after 90 million years of preperation unleashed a large meteor storm that devistated the people of the planet and fell it into chaos
He didn't call down a meteor storm. Watch the scene in 12000 BC, where he slices up Zeal. The Day of Lavos ability is some kind of energy weapon that he can curve back down.

Alternatively, it could be some kind of beam gravity weapon, that he could use to pull rocks from orbit (with the ability to shear a continent as a side effect).

How much energy did it take for him to levitate Zeal, anyway?
GoldenFalcon
Jedi Knight
Location: Busy practicing with a bokken, come near me and I'll whack you with it.

Post by GoldenFalcon »

I always thought Lavos' attack was the spines on his back, something like a porcupine having the ability to shoot them like darts.
Babylon 5: In the Beginning quote:

General Lefcourt: "My people can handle themselves. We took care of the Dilgar. We can take care of the Minbari."
Londo Mollari: "Ahh, arrogance and stupidity all in the same package. How efficient of you."

Coming soon: Firebird Productions
SirNitram

Post by SirNitram »

GoldenFalcon wrote:I always thought Lavos' attack was the spines on his back, something like a porcupine having the ability to shoot them like darts.
Given that his young do the same thing.. Probably.

If we conservatively place most of the rocks in Zeal at 3 miles, we're talking 1e15 Newtons of force to keep them aloft. And remember the Square-Cube law for increasing the size...

Morat
Padawan Learner

Post by Morat »

I always thought Lavos' attack was the spines on his back, something like a porcupine having the ability to shoot them like darts.
That makes sense. The weapon he used against Zeal could have been something different that merely looked similar from a distance.
Shinova
Emperor's Hand

Post by Shinova »

I don't know. His spawns do shoot spines, but his attack definetly looked simply like a flurry of beams. Some straight up, and some straight up and then down. He can do magic so he must be controlling the beams' paths to some extent.

Well anyway, that's what I say.
What's her bust size!?