New story: 'Steampunk'

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

fgalkin2
Padawan Learner

Post by fgalkin2 »

Yes, and a tank round to the knee joint will bring one down. :roll: Not to mention the astronomical cost of maintnenance (forgot about that, didn't you?), the difficulty in pilot training (as opposed to tank crews), the fact that tanks have a much smaller target profile, etc. :roll:

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
This is me posting from a public computer or a mobile device.
18-Till-I-Die
Emperor's Hand

Post by 18-Till-I-Die »

True, in fact the Irongrenadiers are specially traind to do just that, so are the Bombarders.

But there are some images that are too dramtic to forget.

One will be the huge showdown in NY between Amerikan/German/Asian forces and the might of the Atlantean army.

They charge the Atlantean infantry and disks and a huge battle erupts, only to be met with twenty Colossi, and that is when the real battle begins. That was the imagine in my head that got me started to writing the story: Thousands of armoured soldiers, with antiquated looking weapons and steam-powered robots, fighting off an army of flying disks and giant mechanical warriors. It gets really intense and fast paced.

What i want to do is create a sense of 'Shit, this is really intense and cool' coupled with a deep story.
Kanye West Saves.

fgalkin2
Padawan Learner

Post by fgalkin2 »

Well, I can only wish you good luck, then. Hopefully, the story will make all the implausibilities seem less...implausible, I guess. :D

Also, hopefully this will make me get off my lazy ass and start working on the series of stories I planned. 8)

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
This is me posting from a public computer or a mobile device.