Dissecting "Portal"

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

Tribun
Jedi Council Member

Post by Tribun »

The madness continues:

Chapter 4

"Full impulse." Picard ordered. The Enterprise swept through space, falling on the Imperial formation like a raptor. Volleys of quantum and photon torpedoes burst from every tube, scattering through the Star Destroyers on their pre-programmed trajectories, homing on reactor cores and engines. Explosions scattered through the fleet as the Enterprise soared clear, her phasers stabbing at TIE fighters and bombers struggling to intercept.
[Again, he shows serve hated and total lack of knowing the facts (or ignoring them). In this shot piece, he does many things wrong. So let's see.
1.)The battle had lasted extremly long now, with the 120+ Federation ships attacking restlessly the Imperial ships. But magically they never run out of torpedos. This is extremly unrealistic and biased.
2.)Quantum torpedos have no homing capacity. They only fly in a straight line (ST:FC). The only two instances, where we se guided torpedos are ST VI, were they construct a special photon torpedo, and "Genisis", where the experiment with the guided torpedo went totally wrong.
They must aim every time manuelly, so they can't simply program 'hit this part of the ship'.
3.)TIE Bombers never intercept. Thier combat role is to launch warheads at the enemy from a distance. Obviously that not occured to him.
I not need to tell about the phatos around the Enterprise, do I?]

"Reading damage to sixteen ships." Data reported. "Twelve of them have lost engine power completely, four more are switching to secondary systems."
"Come about for the lead group." Picard said. The ships huge impulse engines wrenched her around and she dived through the Imperial formation again, scattering more torpedoes before her. This time the Imperials had more warning, and turbolaser bolts spattered their shields as they passed.

[These damage reports are witness of his dishonesty. On real battle, there would now stormtroopers already holding the victory parade in SanFrancisco, while in the background Starfleet command burns.
I don't know, where he got the idea, that the impulse engines are huge, nor why the Imperials still don't bother to simply shoot down the slow quantum torpedos.]

"You know, I think their aim is improving." Riker said as they cleared the Star Destroyers.
[His now standard gloating against the Empire.]
"Another sixteen ships damaged." Data reported. "Nine seriously."
"The temperature in the quantum torpedo tubes one, two and three is now above the red line. Photon tubes one and three are at six hundred degrees. We've over-stressed a couple of the phaser arrays a little also. We need to cool off." Riker said.

[Apart from the fact that with that rate they should have already spent all the ammunition, the Souverign only has three torpedo tubes (2 front, one aft) for quantums and phontons. That's a case of pumping up the capacity of a Trek ship, nothing more.]
"Tactical plot on view-screen." A schematic of the solar system appeared on the main viewscreen; Sol itself was a solid white blob in the centre of the display, her retinue of planets scattered around. The Imperials had come out of hyperspace in a series of twenty sub-fleets strung in a line stretching from Uranus to Saturn; a javelin of red dots aimed at the Federations very heart. "Helm, come to zero six five mark three eight. Half impulse. Any pursuit?"
[Amazingly bad tactic written by Kennedy. In reality, The Imperials would have threatened to bombard or even BDZ Earth, if the fleet wouldn't surrender at once. Jumping to Earth wouldn't have been the problem.]
"There are nearly twenty fighters attempting to follow us." Data reported.
"How are the aft phasers holding up?"
"Still well below thermal limits sir."
"Warm them up a little." Picard said grimly. Data nodded in understanding and concentrated on his console for a few seconds.
"The fighters are destroyed." He said after a moment.

[Now he already waves fightes off as nothing. He needs therapy.]
"Have the USS Venture take our place on the line." Picard said. He thumbed his intercom to shipwide. "All hands, stand down to yellow alert until further notice. Engineering department to commence necessary repairs of all systems, priority on tactical systems. That is all."
"There isn't much you can do about overheating, sir." Riker said. "Short of waiting until the systems cool off. That's going to take a couple of hours."
"We can use the rest." Picard glanced at a time readout and blinked in surprise. Had it really been three hours since he had begun this latest phase of the battle? And twelve whole hours since the Empire had come through the Portal.

[And now he does as if they weren't even in danger.....]
"What do you think?" He asked Riker. The first officer gazed at the screen, crowded with representations of Imperial ships.
"They're re-deploying." He said. "Getting ready to hit Saturn or Uranus."
Picard nodded agreement. "Saturn's the most heavily populated." He said. "And the outer system defences are co-ordinated from Titan."
"There's a Spacedock facility in orbit around Saturn." Riker said. "And a defence system not far short of the Mars Perimeter. That's a tough target."
"Imperial weapons rely on laser-blasting their targets." Picard said. "The navigational deflectors on a Starship are immune to lasers-"

[He now explicitly names his "magical navigal deflectors". Magical because it defies logic that they could be immune to lasers. That he simply lies about canon to boost Trek strengh, is another thing. Also we could call this an Strawman attack on SW weapons, since these aren't really lasers.
And a spacedock around Saturn? Why hadn't we seen it in "Best of both worlds"? I think he is lying again about canon, nothing more.]

"But combat shields aren't." Riker finished gloomily. "And a space station doesn't have nav. deflectors. So what do we do?"
"As best we can, number one." Picard said grimly. "Mister Data, order the fleet to prepare for re-deployment. We're going to break off and form a defensive perimeter between the Imperial fleet and Saturn."

[Wait a moment, according to him some time before, the Imperials came out from Uranus to Saturn. Meaning that they are already there! Seems that he starts to have problems to hold overview...]

Troi winced and tried to shield her eyes as the door clanged open, admitting a shaft of light into the room; almost instantly the source was eclipsed by three large men entering. The door clanged shut behind them as she turned in her chair.
She blinked rapidly as her eyes became accustomed to the dark again. Two of the men where Imperial soldiers, clad in the white body armour they seemed to like so much.

[They don't like it. It is protection and it is regulations.]
The other presented a very different image; short and thin, he was wearing a nondescript grey outfit that might have been a uniform, or might equally have been formal civilian garb for all she knew. He strode to the plain metal desk at one end of the room and sat down behind it, ignoring her completely as he put a briefcase on the desk and opened it.
Troi gauged the emotional content of the room. One of the soldiers was radiating nerves, mixed with a strong desire to be elsewhere. The other was coolly indifferent; he had been through this scene many times before, she judged, and was just going through the motions. The other was a different matter. Despite his apparent indifference as he checked through the contents of his case, he was intensely focused on her - almost to the exclusion of anything else. His mind was filled with curiosity and hate laced together with a thread of near-constant anger. She winced again under the weight of it; it was almost a pale imitation of Lord Vader.

[*Sigh* He is still fond of his magical "anti-force-shield". While Trek people he makes immune to the force, Troi can still use all her powers without even feeling any difference. If that isn't the case of an fanatic Wars-hater, I knew everything.]
The she heard her mothers voice, quite clearly. Sit up straight, little one! A holder of the Sacred Chalice of Rixx does not slouch in her chair!
She pulled herself upright, smiling at the memory. "Are you in charge here?" She asked the man politely.
He didn't so much as twitch, but she felt a stab of anger from him. He continued to sort through his case for a few moments before looking up.
"Sorry to keep you." He said. His voice was remarkably soft, almost pleasant considering what lay underneath. "Must check the little details, I'm sure you understand?"
"Of course." She nodded as if she knew what he was talking about. "You can't leave these things to others. What is your name?"
"Oh, you can call me Corbus. However, enough of the niceties - down to business. I'm afraid you are in a little bit of trouble." She started to speak and he held up his hand. "Oh, nothing to worry about I assure you. But you know how the government is, every little detail must be taken care of."
"Of course." She said.
"Well, we've had time to check on your story and I'm afraid it appears that you don't exist."
"I'm sitting right here."
"Of course." He smiled slightly. Troi got the distinct impression that this was not something he did very often, and never for any good reason. "Yet you and your friend had no citizen cards, a crime in itself; and the lady you met had a forged card, which is worse. Your fingerprints not only do not match anything on file, but they also do not match anything human, or any known alien species."

[I wonder why they haven't analyzed her DNA too, when they found such inconsesties. Generally speaking, people in the SW universe are identified with thier DNA profile, since everyone has DNA, but not everone has fingerprints. Since this is the case, they should already know that she is only half-human.]
Troi looked at her fingers automatically; there was no telling what these people considered 'Human', of course. She had never really given much thought to what her jumbled DNA had produced in the way of fingerprints - to say that the Federation was easy going about a persons background was an understatement of epic proportions - but she seemed to remember someone telling her once that she had the fingers of a Betazoid. She wondered if Miles had also been identified as 'alien'.
"So that leaves us with a very interesting set of questions." He leaned forward, his gaze drilling her as if he was trying to burn through to the other side. "Who are you, what species are you, where do you come from, and why where you and your two friends on the Imperial capital world pretending to be innocent citizens?"
"I am Deanna Troi. I live at unit nine sixteen, building one one six eight of the Ingala district." Troi said it for want of any better lie. "There has been some kind of mix-up with my identity card."
"Then do explain how it is that you live in unit nine one six of building one one six eight in the Ingala district when that particular building only has seven hundred and fifty units?"
"You're making a terrible mistake." She said. She could feel the anger flare behind his quiet gaze and fell silent. The man was a powder keg, despite appearances. Lying was only going to provoke him. Of course, refusing to answer would provoke him nearly as much.
"You really maintain that line?" He asked. She dropped her eyes to the floor, said nothing. He must have gestured to the soldiers. She heard them coming and kept still, bracing herself.
They yanked her out of the chair, kicking it away to clatter into the back wall. Corbus came around the desk, holding what looked like a small laser scalpel. "You know," he said conversationally, "I generally prefer to use drugs in a situation like this." He nodded to the soldiers and they began to tear the clothing from her. She tried to struggle, but within moments she stood naked. "However, one never knows how an unknown alien biology will react to a drug. So we must fall back on somewhat more crude methods."

[I wonder why they don't use an interrogation droid as seen in ANH. These devices are feared because they are used regulary in interrogations. So feared, that actually the sight alone brings many to admit even without tortue.
But that said, this method with tearing her clothing somehow applies to me a bit.. :D]

He clicked a switch on the device and a short thread of red light sprang from it. "An interesting gadget." He said, holding it up for her to see. "A distant cousin of the Jedi lightsaber, I believe. I've never actually experienced it myself, but it certainly looks like a very uncomfortable experience for those who encounter it." He waved the thing slowly back and forth before her face, getting gradually closer. One of the soldiers took a handful of hair and held her head still. "Take my word for it, Miss Troi; now would be an excellent time for you to start telling me the truth."
[Ok, that thing could exist. But I still wonder why Corbus dosn't use a viro-blade. They are very common and cause much pain to the victim.]
If I get back home again, I owe Jean Luc an apology, she thought to herself as he brought the device closer and closer. All that time we talked about the Cardassians, about what Madred did to him, I and I never really did understand after all. I just wish-
It was the last coherent thought she had for some time; at that point Corbus gently, almost carefully began to cut into her cheek.

Two thousand Imperial Star Destroyers opened fire on the Spacedock, hammering it with countless tens of thousands of turbolaser bolts. Phasers and photon torpedoes lashed out from the station, cutting great swathes through the formation. Federation Starships flitted around the behemoths, lancing through shields and armour with their own weapons. Imperial ships careened out of control, spewing out wreckage as they disintegrated; here and there a Starship lurched as an especially fierce turbolaser barrage caught it square on.

[This is amazigly bad written.
First off, thousands of Turbolaser bolts would have already vaporised the whole spacedock, assuming that there is really one. (But of course it sprang right out of Kennedy's thoughts).
Second, the attack would have been already over when the Feds would arrive, since Hyperspace speed is so much faster than warp.]

The Memphis finished off a damaged Star Destroyer and turned to lock her weapons onto the ship closest to the Spacedock, falling in alongside another Miranda class who's captain had had the same idea.
"Target the reactor, full spread." Captain Pellman said. Her ship shuddered under the impact of turbolaser bolts; they had been in battle solidly for hours, and the shields had been gradually whittled down to sixty percent. Still more than a match for these things, she thought savagely as she watched the phasers cut into yet another Star Destroyer. Dozens more poured forward to fill the gap, hurling everything they could bring to bear on the beleaguered Spacedock.

[He again boasts with the "Trek-is-best" method on all accounts. I won't even try to dissect it in this paragraph.]
"We need more ships here." Lomax cautioned. "Shall I signal the flagship for reinforcements?" Pellman almost smiled at that. Her first officer was a good man, but he hadn't seen all that much combat and this was a hell of a way to gain an education in the difficulties of war.
[And I thought that they are already at war with the Dominion. Sees that Kennedy forgot about that.]
"Mister Lomax," she said as gently as she could, "we are the reinforcements."
More Star Destroyers exploded before them. Pellman shook her head as the helmsman dodged the cloud of debris and tugged the ship around to line up on another group of targets. She was no newcomer to combat herself, but she had never seen anything like this level of destructiveness. Ships where dying by the hundred out there, the vast majority of them enemy ships, but they simply didn't seem to care. The Imperials sent in huge numbers, and when an attack started to falter they sent in overwhelming numbers, then more still if that didn't work.

[He is again lying. He paints it the way as if overwhelming numbers were the only thing on the side of the Empire. That this is now a totally shamful lie, is no secret. In reality, the Empire is superior on ALL accounts, not only the numbers.
And again his writes the "stupid Imperial" by implying that they don't care if slaughtered to hundereds.]

And the shame of it was that it was working. Even the Mirandas' where killing five for every one lost, and the larger ships where doing four or five times that, but it simply wasn't enough.
[Again totally irrational killing rates by the Federation, with also ridiculous low killing rates by the Empire. I haven't to explain any more what exactly is wrong with that, since I have said it enough times to burn it in anyones brains.]
As if to emphasise the point, the Memphis lurched suddenly and began to loose speed.
"Report." She snapped.
"We've lost one of the power transfer conduits." Lomax said instantly. "Structural rupture. Main power is down to fifty percent, shields and manoeuvring are compromised."
"Weapons?"
"Photon torpedoes are fine. Phasers are on fifty percent - full power is available if you're willing to loose extra speed or shields for it."

[That's laughable damage, if you remember how fragile Federation ships are. Normally they would be long dead by now.]
The first rule is not to get shot at if you can avoid it. "I think not. Divert phaser power to the engines. Pull us off to beyond plasma-laser range and continue to engage the enemy with photon torpedoes. Repair time?"
[Again the plasma-falsehood. He really seems to love that one.]
"Three to six hours." The ship rocked again, and again. "Incoming fire has intensified." Lomax said. "Is continuing to intensify."
"They know we're crippled." She said with a nod. "Fastest way out of here, helm. Signal the flagship that we're hurt and inform them of our intentions." The Memphis ducked under a formation of Star Destroyers and hauled herself out towards the edge of the battle zone.
"Sir!" The navigator almost shouted, his voice loaded with shock. Pellman knew instantly what he was about to say. "The Spacedock! It's-"
"On screen." She ordered.
The image flicked around to show the huge structure hanging in space with Saturn all but filling the background. An amazing sight, one that tourists regularly travelled from Earth to see. Today it looked a lot more spectacular, and for all the wrong reasons; literally millions of turbolaser bolts where pouring into the stations shields - shields which had none of a navigational deflectors laser-reflecting ability. She needed no instruments to see that the shields where weakened - the softly glowing bubble of light was visibly wavering under the onslaught, flickering and gradually collapsing inwards.

[His numbers now become ridiculous. He clearly hadn't done his math.
First off, the millions of turbolaser bolts are impossible. When there are 2.000 ISD's, then 2.000ISD x 60 TL=120.000 bolts/one slavo. This does not exclude the already destroyed ISD's. Also, he speaks of several millions bolts. You already see the problem now.
Also he overrates the shields of the spacedock greatly, even without his "magical deflectors", which makes matters even more worse. With the firerates he had written, spacedock would be spacedust for an already long time.]

In an instant the last vestiges of the shields where gone. The turbolasers began to smash into the huge structure itself. Although heavily armoured by the standards of the hundred and thirty year old Miranda design, the Spacedocks where not up to modern Starship standards; sections of the stations surface began to buckle and collapse almost instantly. As she watched, horrified, the entire upper section of the station began to shear away from the rest. Imperial gunners, finally presented with a very large and stationary target, poured all their fire on this section.
[And so he insults Imperial gunners with terrible aim, which is a total lie on his account.]
Deep inside the Spacedock a computer analysed the situation and found it hopeless. It consulted its twin sisters and they quickly voted on the best course of action; it was unanimous. The huge matter/antimatter reactor was ordered to perform an emergency shutdown and ejection sequence, which it did without any significant problems. The computers also ordered the eighty antimatter pods to shut eject themselves, and it was here that things went wrong.
[Two things make me wonder:
1.)Federation design has one central computer, not several. Also, the 'conference' is quite strange.
2.)The number of anti-matter pods seems to be quite high. In fact, a bit too high. To compare it, the E-E got 4 anti-matter pods. Since the spacedock obviously can't go to warp, 20 times the anti-matter seems to be far too high for a stationary space station.
Oh, and I thought that M/AM reactors are only used on starships bacause of the huge power demands of warp drive. Why then use it one a space station?]

An Imperial gunner, noting that the group of rectangular panels on the hull made a good aiming point, focused his targeting system on them and let loose a volley of fire. Most of his rounds went wide, but he walked the last few onto one of the panels before his weapon overheated.
[He again lies and insults about Imperial gunners targeting abilities.]
One such bolt detonated directly above an antimatter pod. The pod itself was relatively undamaged by the explosion, but one edge of the panel was partially melted and distorted by the impact. The hatch instantly wedged itself tightly shut.
Seventy nine of the eighty pods ejected safely. The remaining pod moved just far enough to disconnect itself from its power supplies before it became jammed. The containment field instantly began to degrade - the supervising computers analysed the situation and sounded an emergency evacuation order, a decision which saved the lives of those three people who happened to be working inside the stations lifeboats and so had sufficient time to escape before the pod breached.

[He now is already that dishonest, that the turbolasers even not destroy the spacdock by themselves. That he employs a "trick" to just make them look even weaker, is not only bad style, it is also an attempt of him to sprout again his lies of weak turbolasers.
What a shock.]

The explosion blasted the lower section of the station, already torn from the docking section, clean in two. The lower of the sections was thrown off into space, providing a new target for the Imperials. The upper section was sent spinning into the docking area. On impact both hulls shattered in at least a thousand places, pouring a hurricane of breathing out through the remnants of the hull. Turbolasers continued to pour into the wreckage for several minutes, further reducing it to rubble.
[Minutes!? They would only need seconds!]
On the Enterprise, Data watched the Spacedock disintegrate with clenched fists. "Bastards." He muttered.
"Sir," Riker said. "We've got reports coming in from the fleet reporting weapon overheating, low torpedo stocks, a few with battle damage and casualties. Fighting effectiveness is down nearly twenty percent."

[Finally he admits low torpedo stocks! But he compensates that with his boasting and saying "a few with battle damage". As if battle damage is nearly alien to them! Also that the low stocks only happen after many hours of restless fight discredits him as a lair.]
"We've done all we can here for the moment." Picard responded. "Order the fleet to disengage and clear them to use warp speed within the system - warp four limit. We'll pull off to Jupiter for now and give them the next move."
[Amazingly bad tactical decision. Let them attack Earth!]

Troi came around gradually. Her first conscious thought was that she was intensely cold. The floor underneath her was hard and smooth - sheet metal of some kind. She started to turn and sit up.
The pain seemed to come from everywhere at once. She slumped back to the floor, curling up again as if to provide some protection. She heard herself crying out almost as an afterthought, felt the wounds on her face threatening to open again.
The memories of the last day came flooding back then. She opened her eyes for the first time and found herself alone in the darkened room. Hesitantly she touched a hand to her face; it came away stained with red.

[Well, if the room is dark, how could she see, that her hand is stained red? Very bad writing.]
The door opened and Corbus entered, soldiers in tow.
"Well, hello!" He said with apparent cheeriness. "And how are we feeling today?" The emotions behind his smile made her want to start screaming again.
"I·" She trailed off, uncertain what to say.
"Any more co-operative?" He continued as he sat down at his table and opened his suitcase. He removed the energy-knife and began toying with it idly.
"Please," she moaned, aware that her voice was quivering and quite unable to do anything about it. "Please don't· please."
"Well, first things first. We can't very well have you lying down there on the floor now, can we?" He gestured to the soldiers and they hauled her up. She screamed again as they dropped her into the chair; it felt like something inside her stomach had torn open.

[I know that Imperial interrogation is no cakewalk, but when we see in which good condition Leia still was in ANH, this made me wonder. And she had a date with a porofessional tortue tool!]
"Please," she muttered again, knowing it was useless but too desperate to do anything else. "Please."
"Miss Troi, if that really is your name, try to understand this. My superiors demand the answers to their questions. They're absolutely determined to extract those answers - they don't care if it takes a week, a month or a year. Now you can just tell me those answers right now and this will all be over. Oh, I won't tell you you'll be free to go of course - I despise lies, honestly I do. But tell us what you know and I guarantee you that you will be much more comfortable. The Empire can be very generous with those who prove co-operative, I assure you."
"Please." She began to rock back and forth, unable to do anything but repeat that single word over and over. "Please·" something trickled down her face - she couldn't tell if it was a tear or blood.
"What species are you?" Corbus asked. "It's such a simple question, isn't it? Such a little thing. Telling me would be so simple, so easy compared to the alternative. Don't you see that?" He activated the knife.
"Please·"
"Oh dear," Corbus sighed as he stood up and came around the desk. "I honestly cannot see why you persist in this stubbornness." The soldiers dragged Troi to her feet. He took a handful of hair and lifted her head, putting his nose barely a centimetre from hers. His eyes drilled into her own. "Can such an insignificant piece of information really be worth the price you're paying to withhold it?" He brought the knife up, holding the point directly above her left eye. "Please Deanna, please don't make this all so hard. Just whisper it to me and this all stops."

[Again, he now seems to try to make the Imperials look like monsters. Of course in a toterlitarian regime, enemies are badly treaten. But this is a bit over the edge...]
"B- B- Beta· z- z- zoid." She stuttered, tears running freely down her face now. "I'm· a Betazoid."
Corbus deactivated the knife and dropped it in a pocket. He waved the soldiers off and took her in his arms, lowering her gently into the chair. "Some clothes." He said, and one of the soldiers left the room. Corbus knelt beside her, cradling her in his arms almost as a lover would. "There there," he murmured into her ear. "That wasn't so hard, was it? Really, you haven't betrayed any great secret have you?"
The soldier returned with a bundle of clothes. Corbus drew a loose cloak over Trois' shoulders and smiled at her. "There, isn't that better? You'll soon warm up again, trust me."
Troi nodded uncertainly as she huddled within the soft cloth, her mind whirling. She could feel his elation clearly - he thought he had scored an important victory here. Her own mind was as numb and cold to her as her body. Traitor, she thought bleakly. Talked under interrogation. Failed.
"We'll soon see about some food, maybe a little medical treatment for those cuts - it's so easy to get carried away with these affairs, honestly you wouldn't credit it."
Not strong enough. But it was such a little thing!
"Now then," Corbus said, stepping back. "Before the food arrives, let's talk a little more. Where exactly does a 'Betazoid' come from? I've never heard the word - of course I'm no expert in alien cultures."
Troi sat stone-still, saying nothing.
"Oh dear, we haven't gone all close-mouthed again have we?" Corbus pulled the little device from his pocket again. "Such a shame." He activated the energy knife and turned to the soldiers. "Let's try something a little different this time-"
"The Portal." Deanna said suddenly, her eyes fixed on the glowing blade. Something deep inside screamed at her; shut up! Shut up! SHUT UP! "Came through the Portal."
Corbus turned the knife off and knelt down again, his smile re-appearing.
"Do go on." He said pleasantly
[I'm sure he had written this only for the prupose of make the Imperials looking bad. They would have had no qualms using drugs, even if it would have caused Trois death. Corbus is so inefficient, that I don't want to ask from were they got him. And I wonder why they weren't brought before the Emperor immideatly when Corbus got wind that they came through the portal?
That is not only stupid but totally incompetent, thank you Kennedy!]

Leia woke as the cell door slid open. Two Stormtroopers pushed Troi through the door; she collapsed to the floor instantly.
"Get her on the bed." Leia said. She winced as they pulled Deanna up and she got her first good look at her face.
"Good day to you." Corbus said as he stepped through the door. "Chief O'Brien, isn't it?"
O'Brien looked from the man to the open door, saying nothing. Three of them, two armed and in body armour. Who knows how many more outside that door. No chance.
"And how are you enjoying your stay in our galaxy? Not what you're used to, I gather."
O'Brien stiffened and glanced at Troi's inert form. Oh no, please· please, anything but that.

[Had Kennedy remembered, that O'Brien was once tortured by the Cardassians?]
Corbus removed a photograph from his pocket and held it up. Leia recognised it as a shot of herself taken while she had been held on the Death Star. "And Princess Leia, no less," he said with a smile. "I am so honoured to be in the presence of royalty - and a leader of the Rebellion to boot! A secret meeting between the Rebellion and the Federation, held on Coruscant itself - what are we to think of such a thing?"
[He wants to discreditade the Imperial police and secret service. Only with a photo, he could identify her. that is very poor. And also there isn't any photo technology in the Empire, it is too ancient. The Empire usees different means for pictures. Namely holos or pictures on pads.]
"I have no idea what you're talking about." Leia said in genuine confusion. "What Federation?"
"Oh come now, Princess! The 'Counsellor' here has told me all about her little jaunt through the portal. I must confess, I am disappointed with you. Of course you and the Emperor have your little differences concerning the running of the galaxy, but I never thought that you and your kind would stoop so low as to align yourselves with a group of aliens intent on destroying us all. Treason not only against the state but against Humanity itself. Still, I suppose nothing should about the Rebellion should surprise us any more."

[He again tries to make look Imperials incompetent. Now at the latest, they would have been brought to the Emperor, since it is VERY important. Also that Corbus simply tells Leia so much information when he can't be sure if she lies or not is simply unbelivable.]
"What are you talking about?"
"Oh, play your little games for now Princess, by all means. The Counsellor here tried and look what it got her. I understand you held up quite well on the Death Star, but I always did enjoy a good challenge." He rubbed his hands together and nodded to the guards, who backed out of the cell. "This has been such a productive day, I can't begin to tell you how gratified I am that you're all here. I have some business to attend to now, but don't fret Princess; I'll be seeing you shortly." With that he turned and left.
"Okay·" Robertson said, half to himself. On the screen another red dot exited the cell and began to move down the hallway. "That's the last of those three gone. Now, we have one Human and one half Human, half Betazoid in the cell with one alien."
"And that particular alien has been in the cell the whole time?" Jadzia asked.
"Ever since they arrived. I'd say it's pretty certain she's a prisoner."

[His total overestimation of Federation sensor systems becomes now slowly grotesque.]
Jadzia grimaced. "It doesn't look like we're going to get a clear chance to get our people on their own." She said, thinking furiously. "We've been out of contact for hours, they've had their sub-dermal implants removed - I'm not prepared to leave them down there any longer. Dax to security; have a detail report to the transporter room immediately - out. Dax to transporter room; there are currently three life forms at the site we've been monitoring. Beam them all up. I'm on my way down there now."
[Gross overestimation of thier transporter capacities. Transports in the show are very unreliable as soon as some sort of diruption in the environment occurs. Since Coruscant is buzzing with all sorts of energy fields, and the prison is surely well shielded against rouge transmissions, this can't work.]
Leia tore another strip of cloth from her jacket and bandaged one of Trois wounds. The woman moaned feebly and struggled to turn over.
"Shhh." Leia hushed her. "It's okay now, it's over. Nobody's going to hurt you." For now, she added mentally. She remembered her time on the Death Star only too well; the Imperials would give Troi time to gather just enough strength to be ready for another interrogation.
There was nothing more she could do for her. Leia crossed to the bunk and sat next to O'Brien.
"It'll be me next." She said tonelessly. "They always work on the women first - some men will tell them what they want to know to stop it."
"The Cardassians work the same way." Miles said it without thinking, then instantly cursed himself mentally.

[So I was right. He did have remembered O'Brien's tortue.]
"What's a Cardassian?" Leia asked curiously.
"Oh, they're a species from out near the Rim." He replied, inventing as he went along. "Too insignificant for the Empire to bother with, but they've been known to hijack the odd freighter now and again. They got me a while back."
"Never heard of them." Leia said. "You know, I think-"
She broke off as a most peculiar sensation overcame her. It started as a tingling all over her skin; within an instant it spread to every part of her body. A thousand dancing white fireflies filled her vision, accompanied by a peculiar high pitched humming noise.
"About bloody time." She heard Miles mutter, his voice filled with relief. She turned to see him encased in the same swirl of coloured lights. She started to open her mouth to say something - the Force alone knew what - when the entire room faded from view.
For what felt like the longest time she hung there in nothingness. Then the real world faded back in again. The fireflies dwindled and vanished, as did the strange crawly sensation and the noise.

[The whole transporter sequence is too long for readers to endure.]
Real world? She thought in something approaching shock. I sincerely doubt it.
Instead of the bare cell she had been in a moment before, Leia was standing in a control room or computer centre of some kind. A large console occupied the centre of the room, which was about the same size as the cell. Screens filled with various text and graphics dotted the walls, blinking and beeping softly to themselves.
Leia looked down. She was standing on a circular platform of some kind, split into glowing sections. She found O'Brien standing beside her and Troi lying on the floor behind.
"Captain." O'Brien said, stepping off the platform and gesturing towards Troi. "We need Doctor Bashir here fast."
It was the first time Leia realised that anybody else was in the room. Four Humanoids where clustered behind the console. All wore near-identical uniforms - a woman in blue and three men in yellow. Two of those where pointing some kind of hand-held devices at the three prisoners.
Altogether it was by far the biggest jolt in a day full of them, but Leia had been a member of the Rebellion for long enough to have developed certain instincts, and these cut in now.
One, she told herself, we're not in the cell anymore. How and why can wait. Two, if O'Brien wasn't expecting this, he's at least not a bit fazed by it. Three, those things they're pointing our way - people don't hold scanners like that; those things are weapons. Four, they're not pointing them at us, they're pointing them at me.
And five - that feeling is stronger right now than it has ever been. It's like none of this is real, none of it is actually here.

[The magical "anti-force-shield" in it's fullest glory! This brain-bug will grow from now onwards to enormous dimensions, but later more about that.
At least Leia is not in the slightest fooled by the goofy look of the type II phasers.]

"Medical emergency in the transporter room." The woman in blue said, apparently into the air. Hidden communications device, Leia thought. Miles called her captain... captain of what?
"You're the captain of this ship?" Leia asked. She kept her voice just as calm and level as she could manage it.
"That's right. The name's Jadzia Dax. I can't answer any more of your questions right now. If you follow these two men, they'll take you to somewhere safe where you can rest."
"Safe for me, or for you?" Leia asked. The woman smiled at that - a nice smile, if that meant anything.
"Hopefully both." She said. "Now if you wouldn't mind..."
Leia followed one of the men out of the room; the other trailed behind. Both kept their hands on the now-holstered weapons. They led her down several hundred feet of corridor before stopping in front of a door which slid obligingly open.
"In here please." The taller one said. The door slid shut behind her; Leia had the feeling that it wouldn't open as easily for her as it had for them. There was a high pitched fizzle and fireflies danced briefly over the inside of the door.
Like a force field, she thought. Used to block a door? These people must have a lot power to waste.

[He wants to imply that Federation power generation is better than Imperial one. That it is the other way around, he shamefully wants to hide.]
The room was tiny; two bunks took up half of it. A small alcove of some kind was in the far wall. Other than that there was nothing. Leia sighed in resignation and sat down to wait.
"So what happened?" Dax asked finally.
"Can't this wait?" Bashir huffed as he waved the dermal regenerator over the last of the cuts.
"No." Both women replied simultaneously.
"We bumped into a local - literally." Troi said. "Got tangled up with a soldier and taken in for questioning. They put us in a cell together. I was taken out for questioning first - you can see the results." She hesitated for a long moment. "I· talked under the interrogation."
"What did you tell them?" Dax asked, leaning forward.
"I'm not· not entirely sure." Troi closed her eyes for a moment. "I told them about the Portal, that I came from the other side. That I was here to find out about the Empire. I think I told them about the Federation, what it is and what it stands for. I didn't tell them about the Defiant.
"You're sure about that?" Dax demanded.
"Yes."
"I see. Can you excuse us a moment? Julian, outside."
Once outside the sickbay she turned on the doctor. "I want her relieved from this mission."
"What? Why?"
"Why? How can you ask me that! They had her down there for barely a day, and she told them everything!"
"Captain, so far as I know the only Starfleet regulation to even vaguely address the issue of revealing information to the enemy under torture is regulation fifty one, and all that says is that any information possessed by a captured officer should be considered compromised."
"You can't believe telling the Empire about the Federation was the correct decision!"
"I can't make that judgement, sir." He said stiffly. "And with all due respect, neither can you unless you went through that interrogation."
"I want her relieved." Dax said stubbornly.
"On what grounds, sir?"
"How about treason?"
"Don't be ridiculous!"
Dax hesitated. "Alright· maybe that's too strong a word. But you saw her in there, she's just back from a torture session. She can't be medically fit to resume her duties."
"In my judgement she is suffering from psychological trauma as a result of her injuries. But, I see no evidence that that trauma is overwhelming her, or threatening her ability to make command decisions. In fact she seems remarkably calm and rational about the whole thing."
"Doesn't that tell you that something is wrong here?" Dax demanded.
"Captain, it is my duty to make medical diagnoses on this ship - not yours. For the record, it is my expert opinion that Commander Troi, although recovering from a recent traumatic experience, is medically capable of discharging her duty satisfactorily. If she begins to show signs of· irrationality or poor decision making I will revise that diagnosis, but until that happens she is still in command of this mission so far as I am concerned. Now, if you will excuse me, I have a patient waiting sir."
"Dismissed doctor. And I hope you're right, because it could meant the death of us all if you're not."

[Thank the gods that this is finally over. In case of why I hadn't said something for a while....this was so irrelevant to the things I adress, that I simply skipped as fast as possible. The only thing woth mentioning is, that the Doc wants her on duty ASAP.]

Picard awoke suddenly and sat up, surprised to find himself lying on a couch in his ready room.
"Computer, what time is it?" He asked.
"Nineteen fifty two hours."
He felt a momentary flash of annoyance - he had intended to catch a half hour nap, but instead had slept for nearly seven hours. Somebody should have woken me, he thought. Riker probably told them to let me sleep. Well, I probably needed it.

[Seven hours?! Kennedy is very generous with the time for the Federation. In a fair matchup, the Solar system would be long under Imperial control at this time.]
Disengaging the fleet from the furball that had developed after the destruction of the Saturn Spacedock had been a longer and trickier task than he had appreciated - three hours of constantly juggling over a hundred ships. He had lost track of how long it had been since he last slept - a bad sign, as Crusher had told him more than once. On the way to Jupiter he had began to grow steadily foggier, to the point where he was having to re-read reports several times. He had decided that enough was enough at that point.
[So they fighted for another three hours? That raises to ten hours since spacedock destruction. My impression of extremly generous timeframes for the Federation from Kennedy is now even bigger.]
He rinsed his face off at the sink and went onto the bridge to find Riker in the captains chair. "Report."
"We're in Jupiter orbit," Riker said. "The fleet is in an arrow formation, all ships on standard mode to facilitate repairs. The next round of status reports are due in fifteen minutes."
"The Imperials?"
"Heading this way." Riker said. "But we have a good eight hours before they arrive, so I wanted to give everybody a chance to rest up as much as possible." Including you, his eyes said. Picard nodded his agreement and Riker looked relieved. "I've ordered all civilian ships to load up on as many civilians as possible and head for Earth; I've asked the fleet units to make preparations to do the same, in case we need to pull out."

[Kennedy strikes again with a outright lie.
Eight hours, for the Imperials from Saturn to Jupiter?! He is outright lying in that case. With microjumps, Imperial ships could reach any point in the system in the time of seconds! It is obvious that he only did that to stomp on hyperdrive speed, and/or relaiability.]

"A wise move. I doubt we can hold the planet for long." Picard said with a sigh. "I'm going to check some things out in my ready room. Data, you have the conn. Send the status reports in to me as they arrive."
"Sir-" Riker began.
"No you may not retain the conn, Commander. You need rest as much as I do - report to your quarters for at least the next three hours. Don't worry, I'll make sure you don't miss anything exciting."

[Insulting because he implies that the Feds have all time in the world.]
After Riker had left - reluctantly - to head for his quarters Picard went to his ready room and began going through the action reports. He was looking for· he didn't know what. There's something here, he thought. Something I can use - I'm sure of it. But what?
They use large numbers. How can we turn that against them? Judo principles? Turn brute force against itself. But how?

[Turn brute force against itself? How did he think to do that? That sentence isn't even useable as a methaphor!]
He called up a holographic projection of the current tactical situation. The Imperial fleet was heading for Jupiter at low sublight - low for a Federation ship, anyway. He stared at the graphic intently, trying to sense the patterns the ships where in, searching for aberrations in the enemy fleet.
[He lies on two accounts.
-Why the heck do the Imperials use sublight engines to head to Jupiter?! A microjump would bring them to it in less then a second. I can only think that Kennedy wants again to write the "stupid Imperial" and wants to discreditade them. But it is a clearly visable attempt.
-Low for a Federation ship? He is again lying, this time about Imperial sublight speed. He obviously had never seen Imperial sublightspeed in the movies. Compare that to the cruising speed of the Executor and fleet while enganging the rebels in ROTJ, as seen on the screen in the bunker!
His open attacks on SW, while totally ignoring or twisting canon become now really bizarre and cheap. Rabit Trekkie, strike!]

He zoomed the display in on the Imperial fleet. One ship hung near the back of the formation, surrounded by several concentric rings of others - at least a thousand in all.
Vader's ship, of course. Perhaps a massed attack on him, directly? What does an Imperial fleet do when it's decapitated? A Federation fleet would continue with the mission - there isn't a captain in Starfleet that I wouldn't trust to handle a fleet battle at least competently. Do the Imperials have that kind of quality in their officer corps? Somehow he doubted it.

[Now he attacks the whole Imperial officer corps. And again the "stupid Imperial" song by him! This seems to be one of the things he seems to be most fond of. His simultan praising of Federation captains is only embarressing in that light.]
But a thousand ships. Probably the strongest and best crewed as well - save the front lines for the cannon fodder. I'd loose half my force at least, and whatever the Imperials did afterwards, I'm sure it would be violent.
[Cannon fodder? I doubt that.]
A beep informed him that the status reports had been downloaded into his computer. Picard glanced through them for a while before returning to the tactical plot.
We can't decapitate; if there's any hope of a settlement at any stage, it will have to be negotiated through Vader. I need to keep him alive, at least for now. Reluctantly he turned his attention to the rest of the fleet. He began rotating the display, searching for weak spots in the formations they had used. After an hour he had found nothing useful.

['Need to keep him alive'? As if a primitive Federation fleet could even endanger the Imperial starfleet. Pure Trek-arrogance from Kennedy in this one, nothing more.]
In desperation he backed the display up to the moment the Empire had come through the Portal - a swarm of red replacing the single glowing blue of the Defiant. He watched them for a while, then fast-forwarded the display to see the first battle within the solar system itself.
What? What on Earth· "Computer, repeat the last five hours worth of footage at five thousand times normal speed." He watched the patterns shift and change again. "Repeat, continual loop." He said. The display began flickering over and over, repeating the same pattern.
Picard watched it perhaps a dozen times before zooming in on a specific section. He sat back, his mind whirling.
Okay· does this mean what it seems to mean? Is there any other interpretation?
He couldn't think of one.
It might work. But there's a lot of details that need to be worked out· and we can't do it at Jupiter, we don't have the time to set it up.

[That already smells like the typical Trek technobabble-solution, or Trek trick-solution. I should have known that he would resort to that. In a fair fight, no tricks would be useful for the Feds, since the Empire is superior on all accounts, and had nothing to fear from the Feds.]
He thumbed the intercom. "Picard to Data."
"Sir?"
"Inform the planetary authorities that we are ordering an evacuation. Put Doctor Crusher in charge of the operation - she can put civilians on the Starships so long as it doesn't interfere with their combat status."

[Putting civilians on combat ships is never a good idea. But that doesn't occur to him...]
"Yes sir."
"Have all senior officers report to the conference room, with the exception of the Doctor Crusher."

It was two hours before they came for her. The same two soldiers - Leia was wondering by now if they might be Stormtroopers in some kind of new 'prison guard' uniform - took her through a maze of corridors before leading her into what looked like some kind of canteen area.
Jadzia Dax sat at the head of the table. Troi and O'Brien sat beside her - Leia was unsurprised to see that both were now clad in similar uniforms. What did surprise her was that the wounds that had crisscrossed Trois face where gone - completely healed, without any trace of a scar.
The Empire can't do that, she thought. Not in just a few hours.

[That is not only a total, but a shamefully dishonest lie.
The Empire got the medical abilities to heal scars in hours or less. Surgial and/or Bacta tretment is capable of that. We even saw that in canon. Luke's face was nearly smashed in TESB by the wampa. But later, and that means not much later, he not even had a scar left in his face.
Trying to downscale Imperial medical techology is a bad idea, or was the Federation ever able to do something complicated as a fully functional artifacial hand for a patient?]

Several others sat around the table, also wearing the same uniform. The soldiers indicated that Leia should sit at the foot of the table.
"I'm afraid you've put us in a rather awkward position." Troi started. "In order to recover chief O'Brien and myself, captain Dax was forced to bring you aboard also."
"Not a problem at all." Leia said instantly. "Just drop me off somewhere on Coruscant and I can make my own way from there."
Troi smiled. "I'd like nothing better, but it's a bit more complicated than that." She hesitated. "You see, what that Imperial officer said about us was perfectly true. O'Brien and I, Dax, all those here, are not from this galaxy. In fact we come from a galaxy that is hundreds of millions of light years away in space, and millions of years in time."
"You expect me to believe that?"

[I wouldn't belive it too.]
"It's perfectly true. We represent an organisation called the United Federation of Planets. It's a group of about one hundred and fifty worlds occupying a galaxy we call the Milky Way. A couple of weeks ago a Federation vessel encountered an anomaly - an abnormality in space. The ship was thrown through this anomaly and ended up here. It was attacked by an Imperial fleet, but made it back safely. This ship was sent to investigate the Empire in order to determine what kind of a threat they post to us."
Attacked by an Imperial fleet, but made it back safely. One ship. If that's true, what kind of power must these people have? "And you can prove this, of course." Leia said.

[He again sprouts his "Trek-is-best" bullshit. It becomes more and more painfully and unbearable to read, but I must go through it to show all his lies and his twisted world he lives in.]
"We have the logs of the original incursion and our own logs - both include visual records of what happened. You're welcome to view them."
"Recordings can be faked."
"Yes they can, as can almost any other evidence if you put enough time and effort into it."
"If you really are from some other galaxy, why not just let me off on Coruscant? What difference would it make to you?"

[If Trek is really as strong as it is in his twisted world, really none.]
"Well, that Imperial officer called you a 'Rebel leader'. Your news media is full of references to the 'evils' of the rebellion. Given the kind of ethical standards the Empire seems to have, I thought that it might be worth getting to know a leader of the rebellion."
Leia shook her head. "I don't know what you're talking about."
"Do they have telepaths in the Empire?" Troi asked.
"Telepaths? What does that mean?" Leia asked curiously, knowing she had given the answer by her question.
"Where we come from there are many different species. Many of them have the ability to sense the thoughts or emotions of others. I am half human and half Betazoid, which means I have some telepathic ability. I can sense the emotions of others, and I can tell when a person is lying to me."
"You mean, you use the Force?" Leia asked, confused again. Luke had told her that Force users had the ability to sense the thoughts of weak-minded people.
"The Force?" Now it was Troi's turn to be puzzled. "What's that?"

[Again his "magical-anti-force-shield" fallacy. He is really in love with it I can see now, and the next chapter already seems to become even worse than this one here. But this is no longer a surprise to me or anyone else.]
The question and the expression behind it was so genuine and honest that Leia believed it instantly. She's never heard of the Force. That's not exactly impossible - Luke hadn't heard of it, his uncle kept him away from anything close to that. But an Imperial agent would know.
[She let them off the hook too easily.]
"It's an... ability some people have." Leia said finally. "I'm not all that sure how it works but it can do those kinds of things."
"Perhaps a different word for the same thing." Troi mused. "In any case; I can tell when a person is lying to me. Which means that I know that you are a leader in the rebellion - and a Princess to boot, from what Chief O'Brien tells me. You should have told us that," she added with a grin. "There's a certain protocol to be observed for royalty on Federation Starships."
"I'm not big on protocol." Leia said absently. Her mind was racing. It would be easy to arrange that incident on the street. Torturing Troi would help get my sympathies, make me part of the group. This whole thing could be a set-up.

[At least she still has doubts.]
But why do I feel like ants are crawling around the inside of my head every time I so much as look at anybody here? There's something about these people· something almost missing. Every time I look at one of them I feel-
Nothing, she thought suddenly. The realisation his her like a physical shock. Absolutely nothing. It's like looking at somebody who isn't really there. I have good instincts about people, always have had - I can sense whether a person is honest, tell when they are lying to me. Most of the time, anyway. But with these people, it's like looking at a hole in the universe.

[Again his "magical anti-force-shield".]
They aren't Imperial agents. I don't know how I know it, but I'm sure.
"Show me those logs." She said finally. "Then we'll talk."

[This chapter was the worst so long. Especially the scenes with Leia are poor, but the Picard scenes are the one with more lies by Kennedy. His long winded style of writing prevents many observations from me in the Coruscant scenes, but thankfully I was able to skip them that way.]
Last edited by Tribun on 2004-03-26 09:56am, edited 3 times in total.
Tribun
Jedi Council Member

Post by Tribun »

Before I continue, a word of warning:

The next chapter includes the infamous "Fed ships survive a Death Star blast"-scene. When you remember, that he said that it plays between ANH and TESB, you see a second problem with that.
Warspite
Jedi Council Member

Post by Warspite »

Ooohh! I wanted to read a Leia-Troi-Dax 3some! :twisted:

Really nice effort, I never managed to pass the first chapter, so painful to read (and I don't mean only the Trek-abuse, his writing style is atrocious.)

But, remember... It's only a story! :wink:
[img=left]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v206/ ... iggado.jpg[/img] "You know, it's odd; practically everything that's happened on any of the inhabited planets has happened on Terra before the first spaceship." -- Space Viking
StarshipTitanic
Sith Marauder

Post by StarshipTitanic »

Not everone uses a forum theme that allows us to appreciate yellow text...
"Man's unfailing capacity to believe what he prefers to be true rather than what the evidence shows to be likely and possible has always astounded me...God has not been proven not to exist, therefore he must exist." -- Academician Prokhor Zakharov

"Hal grabs life by the balls and doesn't let you do that [to] hal."

"I hereby declare myself master of the known world."
Singular Quartet
Sith Marauder

Post by Singular Quartet »

It's painful to read just the comments, even... *shudder*
Iceberg
ASVS Master of Laundry

Post by Iceberg »

I realize this must be painful, but my entertainment demands MORE!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!
"Carriers dispense fighters, which dispense assbeatings." - White Haven

| Hyperactive Gundam Pilot of MM | GALE | ASVS | Cleaners | Kibologist (beable) | DFB |
If only one rock and roll song echoes into tomorrow
There won't be anything to keep you from the distant morning glow.
I'm not a man. I just portrayed one for 15 years.
18-Till-I-Die
Emperor's Hand

Post by 18-Till-I-Die »

At the risk of flames...i actually kind of enjoyed some of that last chapter.

*dodges bullets, knives, various blaster shots*

No, seriously. If you pretend like it's not Wars and Trek, like for me it was Skylark vs 4th Empire, some of the battle sces were ok, not wonderful, but ok.

And i actually think the torture scene was somehwat tense and adiquately done.

Now let me say this clearly: Kennedy made more than..oh, a dozen serious fuck ups in the story. He constantly belittles Wars, he constantly overestimates Star Trek capabilities, and he more than once made back handed remark bout Star Wars as a whole. But if it hadnt been sooo antiWars, and if it handnt been SWvsST i could see some interest in it. Better than the first three.

I think the biggest problem is that it's so biased towards Star Trek that for serious fans of Star Wars it is blatantly appauling, and i can see how you feel. But again, while a fan of Star Wars, i'm not so much of a fan that i wont ackowledge if i personally liked some aspects of the battle scenes and such. Anyway, feel free to have me VIed or whatever, i'm not affraid to say it...i liked the battle scenes a little, actually rather well, and i enjoyed some of the tenseness and pace in the story.
Kanye West Saves.

fgalkin
Carvin' Marvin

Post by fgalkin »

You have some serious misconceptions about this place if you think you will get VId because you like a fanfic.

Having said that.....HEATHEN! KILL HIM! VI HIM! FEED HIM TO THE RABID TROLLS! :P

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
18-Till-I-Die
Emperor's Hand

Post by 18-Till-I-Die »

fgalkin wrote:You have some serious misconceptions about this place if you think you will get VId because you like a fanfic.
It was sarcasm, take a joke :P

That being said...

HEATHEN! KILL HIM! VI HIM! FEED HIM TO THE RABID TROLLS! :P

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
If you strike me down i will rise up more powerful than ever!
Kanye West Saves.

Robert Walper
Dishonest Resident Borg Fan-Whore

Post by Robert Walper »

Psst...hey, Tribun? I'm not trying to nitpick or anything, but could you put a little more focus on your spelling and grammar? While I understand the haste you may be typing this in, some might criticize your spelling and grammar capabilities, attempting to submit that as evidence to discredit or ignore your review. Just a quit re-read of what you type should catch most of these mistakes. :)
Bill Door
Padawan Learner

Post by Bill Door »

18-Till-I-Die wrote:No, seriously. If you pretend like it's not Wars and Trek, like for me it was Skylark vs 4th Empire, some of the battle sces were ok, not wonderful, but ok.
Too much lack of tension in the battle scenes for me. It felt like "Oh, we're under attack. Better fire back. Oh dear, they exploded. Status of shields? 99%? Really? Cool."

There wasn't really any doubt that Kennedy Trek was going to win, Kennedy Picard was going to survive and Kennedy Wars was going down; hard. The way he portrays the Imp's as stupid even compaired to a cartoon baddies doesn't help.
For example, suppose I wrote a book that within 30 years of the moon landing millions of people could be duped by bad science and endless hectoring into believing that it didn't happen... nah, can't do that, too unbelievable for a fantasy novel, right?--Terry Pratchett, The new Discworld Companion
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

Robert Walper wrote:Psst...hey, Tribun? I'm not trying to nitpick or anything, but could you put a little more focus on your spelling and grammar? While I understand the haste you may be typing this in, some might criticize your spelling and grammar capabilities, attempting to submit that as evidence to discredit or ignore your review. Just a quit re-read of what you type should catch most of these mistakes. :)
And one should always follow their own advice when nitpicking.

Besides he's actually pointed out many times WHY he makes the few mistakes he does.

And while the Yellow/Green do not always work...I say this means many are spared the horror that is Portal.

And Bill Door got it on the nose also why this piece of shit is so fucking bad. It's not only the whole Trek/Wars upgrade/dumbing down, it's the battles that have nothing happen except "We lost one ship after 3 hours of fighting.". That is just poor story telling regardless.
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete
Robert Walper

Post by Robert Walper »

Ghost Rider wrote:
Robert Walper wrote:Psst...hey, Tribun? I'm not trying to nitpick or anything, but could you put a little more focus on your spelling and grammar? While I understand the haste you may be typing this in, some might criticize your spelling and grammar capabilities, attempting to submit that as evidence to discredit or ignore your review. Just a quit re-read of what you type should catch most of these mistakes. :)
And one should always follow their own advice when nitpicking.
:roll: (whole paragraph, one typo?) Christ, GH, I wasn't demanding perfection you know. It just that:
[Again, he shows serve hated and total lack of knowing the facts (or irgnoring them). In this shot piece, he does many things wrong. So let's see.
1.)The battle had lasted extremly long now, with the 120+ Federation ships attacking restlessly the Imperial ships. But magically they never run out of torpedos. This is extremly unrealistic and biased.
2.)Quantum torpedos have no homing capacity. They only fly in a straight line (ST:FC). The only two instanced, were we se guided torpedod are ST VI, were they construct a special photon torpedo, and "Genisis", were the experiment with the guided torpedo went totally wrong.
They must aim evcery time manuelly, so they can't simply programm 'hit this part of the ship'.
3.)TIE Bombers never intercept. Thier combat role is to launch warheads at the enemy from a distance. Obviously that (has) not occured to him.
I not need to tell about the phatos around the Enterprise, do I?]
There are points here where I'm not even sure what he's trying to say. No one is perfect, especially me, but for the sake of clarification, a little cleanup can't hurt.
Besides he's actually pointed out many times WHY he makes the few mistakes he does.
I must have missed that. Lack of time?

Anyhow, I'm not trying to be a dick here, merely pointing the errors are quite noticeable and easily fixed. He has the time to read this and comment on it, right? It's totally up to him of course, but I always feel one should try to better one's own spelling and grammar(you think this is a bad thing to suggest?). Particularily if said mistakes can create confusion for readers. I'm also trying to help him out here, by pointing out others not fond of his views may nitpick the errors as evidence of his own "stupidity" and reason to disregard his criticism.

Anyhow, don't want to hijack the thread, so I'll drop it regardless.

PS: Hope you didn't take offense Tribun. :?
Tribun
Jedi Council Member

Post by Tribun »

I'm no native speaker, so errors easier can hide from my eyes. In will correct my comments in C4 aASAP, the others are already corrected.

I finished Chapter5, will post it soon. Prepare for the worst bullshit of all. (Thank god, that then there is only one chapter left.)
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

Robert Walper wrote: Particularily if said mistakes can create confusion for readers. I'm also trying to help him out here, by pointing out others not fond of his views may nitpick the errors as evidence of his own "stupidity" and reason to disregard his criticism.

So he has a few spelling errors and this will make him the target of criticism on him for not doing everything perfectly?

So the first fucker who does that, is nothing more then whiny piece of shit who is making a red herring.

Tribun's grammar isn't as atrocious as you're making out or someone else would've long ago gone "WTF?!"

You attack points not because a person doesn't dot every I or cross every T.

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Robert Walper

Post by Robert Walper »

Ghost Rider wrote:
Robert Walper wrote: Particularily if said mistakes can create confusion for readers. I'm also trying to help him out here, by pointing out others not fond of his views may nitpick the errors as evidence of his own "stupidity" and reason to disregard his criticism.

So he has a few spelling errors and this will make him the target of criticism on him for not doing everything perfectly?

So the first fucker who does that, is nothing more then whiny piece of shit who is making a red herring.

Tribun's grammar isn't as atrocious as you're making out or someone else would've long ago gone "WTF?!"

I didn't attack a single point, GH. Pay attention, I was pointing out errors with spelling and grammar, not his actual points. Where I come from it's considered a good thing to point out mistakes politely so someone can learn from them(especially someone still new to the language). And you must have missed the part where I said I'd drop it, GH. Let's not divert this thread with irrelevent discourse, okay? Thanks.

PS: Keep up your difficult dissection, Tribun. Sometimes digging into the guts of something can result in an unplesant smell. :lol:
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

Robert Walper wrote:
Ghost Rider wrote:

I didn't attack a single point, GH. Pay attention, I was pointing out errors with spelling and grammar, not his actual points. Where I come from it's considered a good thing to point out mistakes politely so someone can learn from them(especially someone still new to the language). And you must have missed the part where I said I'd drop it, GH. Let's not divert this thread with irrelevent discourse, okay? Thanks.

PS: Keep up your difficult dissection, Tribun. Sometimes digging into the guts of something can result in an unplesant smell. :lol:
Did I say you did?

Or did you magically read that part wherein I said ROBERT WALPER STOP ATTACKING TRIBUN? :roll:

And you do understand if you wanted to correct him politely, you could've used the PMs.

Tribun
Jedi Council Member

Post by Tribun »

Prepare for the worst, because this is not only long, but contains some of the worst bullshit in "Portal". In case you wonder why there are sometimes huge gaps between my comments. His writing style favours many words without reveling new information.
Thank God that after that, there is only one chapter left.

Chapter 5

The Super Star Destroyer broke in two, continuing to fire even as explosions consumed it. The Enterprise soared away, weapons blazing as she ploughed through the Imperial fleet.
[His lying becomes even more obvious, because now he already contraidics what he had written in Chapter 2! The Enterprise never destroyed a commandship with conventional weapons! He simply lies to boast again.
Also, he again uses the "Super Stardestroyer" Rebel slang, which isn't correct.]

Leia froze the footage and turned to O'Brien. "Okay," she said finally, "I'm convinced. You are from another galaxy." She looked again at the image on the screen. An entire Imperial fleet, obliterated by one ship. I never would have believed it. "So now what?"
[She not even thinks that it could be fake. That is poor.]
"Now you tell us everything we need to know about the Empire." Troi said.
"To open the way to invaders out to conquer our galaxy?"
"We're not invaders." Dax said sharply. "You saw the logs the Enterprise made, you know what happened. They ended up here by accident and where attacked for no reason."

[Leia would be really awfully stupid to belive them, especially when she thinks that it is not faked. Never ever allow such a enemy to enter your galaxy. But obviously Kennedy writes her as stupid, thus now attacking the entire SW galaxy.
But this is now common for him.]

"And yourselves?"
"Reconnaissance. Come on Princess, we discovered a large and hostile power right on our own doorstep. We need to know what kind of a threat the Empire represents to us."
"In our position, what would you have done?" Troi asked.
"The same." Leia admitted. "You're right to fear the Empire - they'll conquer you if they can."
"What we need to know is, how big is the Imperial fleet, how is it armed, and what capacity does the Empire have to deploy it beyond their own borders for extended periods. What we don't care about is what kind of fixed defences your own worlds have. An invader would need that information, but it's not relevant to us." Dax put in.
Leia considered. "I don't know much about exact deployments," she said finally. "You'd want General Ackbar for that. I'm more a political animal at the moment."
"Do you know where we could find classified information on Coruscant?"

[Why do they need that information? With thier Über-tech, they could simply destroy anything that comes through the portal. At least in Kennedy's little, twisted, bizarre world.
Why information, if you are superior anyway?]

"Not positively. The only place I'd bet on having that kind of thing is the Emperors palace. He has a computer system there that's supposed to have all the information there is, on just about everything."
"Can we break into it from the outside?" Dax asked.
"No." Leia said it instantly. "The Rebellion has been trying for years, but the system has no connections to the outside world - none whatever. They update it by physically taking the information in - literally by hand. You'd have to get an actual agent into the palace to even begin work on it. We lost three of our best computer technicians trying before we gave up."
"Do you have any idea of the layout, what kind of security they have around the palace?"
"I don't know many specific details, but I have some idea."

[From where? I don't think that she ever entered it herself.]
"Good." Troi said. "Captain, start scanning the palace and surrounding area. Work with the Princess to fill in whatever details she can provide. Specifically, locate the computer system and find us a place we can work on accessing it with the least chance of getting caught. Work fast - I want results within the hour. The next opening of the portal is in less than twenty four hours and I want to catch it if we can." Troi started to head out.
"One moment." Leia said.
The counsellor stopped and turned. "Yes?"
"We haven't discussed my price yet."
"Your... price?"
"You haven't got much of a chance of getting into the palace and getting what you want without my help. In return for that help I want the full schematics and technical readouts of - what did you call it· your 'warp core'?. Plus details of how you manufacture and handle antimatter safely in large quantities."

[Firstly, from where did Leia got the information about the warp core? Never ever something about that was said towards her.
And second, he again lies. The warp core is so prmitive compared to Imperial technology, that she wouldn't even care. But Kennedy implies again, that it is more advanced than a hyperdrive, which is a outright lie. A common theme now in all his hated.]

"I'm sorry, I can't do that." Troi said.
"Why not?"
"Starfleet has a rule - we call it the Prime Directive and it's our highest guiding principle. It forbids us from interfering in the normal development of another culture."
"Troi· Deanna. You know firsthand what the Empire is like. Trust me, what you got was only a taste of what they are capable of. The Rebellion is dedicated to stopping that kind of cruelty, forever, but we're on the defensive right now, being pushed back and back all the time. If we can start putting antimatter power systems into Rebel ships we'll have the Empire on its knees inside a year! That puts an end to an entire galaxy of suffering, as well as guaranteeing the safety of your Federation. With that much at stake - I won't help you unless you meet that price. I'm sorry, but I won't."
"That's final?" Troi asked slowly.
"Absolutely."

[He continues his ridiculous lie, now with antimatter technology. His myth that the Empire uses only fusion is stupid, and a outright lie. Fact is, that M/AM reactors are vastly inferior to Solar Ionization or Hypermatter reactors! Where did he think did the whole energy on the Death Star came from? From a hypermatter reactor. Can a M/AM reactor do that? No.
Kennedy is only a rabid Trekkie, who not wants to see the truth.]

"Then it's agreed. You have my word I'll allow you access to the information you want before we leave, providing you help us now."
Dax stiffened. "Councillor-"
Troi cut her off. "Later. Right now, you have work to do. Get to it."
"Yes sir."
"Dismissed. Doctor Bashir, please stay."
The Defiant's command staff met an hour later, once again in the mess hall. "We're ready." Dax said. "Or at least, as ready as we're going to get." She indicated the diagram on the large wallscreen. "This is the palace complex. The whole thing covers several dozen square kilometres. It's covered with a shield-" she touched a control and a transparent covering appeared over the complex. Several large holes where patterned around the apex, and a number of smaller ones at ground level. "But during normal operation there are several gaps at the top of the field to allow air to circulate freely. These seal up during any kind of alert, but as things stand we can beam through them easily enough."

[Why has the Imperial palace a shield?]
"The computer systems?" Troi asked.
"There are two computer cores, located here and here. They can be accessed either via their own control rooms or the Emperors private terminal. Our details of the security are a few years old so we can't count on them totally, but so far as Princess Leia remembers the control rooms are guarded by at least twenty or thirty soldiers each, with a hundred or more ready to respond to an emergency within a minute or two if required. A further ten to fifteen thousand troops are distributed throughout the complex and could be at the control rooms within ten minutes or so if called on. Entry to the control room is via a combination of an ID card, palm print and retina scan - access is controlled by the central computers themselves, so you can't put yourself on the list to get in unless you're already in."

[At least the security in the Imperial Palace, Kennedy hadn't totally butchered.]
"Sounds difficult." Troi mused.
"It's impossible." Dax shook her head. "There's no way to get into the control rooms that I can see."
"So we give up?"
"So we go for the weak point, which is the Emperors quarters." Dax said. "The security around them is even tighter - the same kind of access systems surrounded by several layers of troops and robotic sentries, that kind of thing. However, there are no soldiers within the Emperors quarters themselves - he likes his privacy. There are no electronic systems of any kind within the quarters themselves. Apparently the Emperor is a little paranoid about traitors eavesdropping on him or monitoring his movements. With all the security around his quarters, I guess he feels safe enough."
"So we just beam directly into his quarters. Sounds good." Troi said.
"One slight problem." Dax said. "We've scanned the area, and the Emperor is currently in his quarters. That leaves us with a choice of waiting for however long it takes for him to leave, or·"

[He overstimates Federation scanner abilities.]
"Or beaming in anyway and incapacitating him." Troi finished. "The idea of this is to get the information without anybody knowing about it."
"There are things we can do." Bashir said. "We could beam sedative directly into the Emperors body. The only problem with that is the dosage - we can't scan his metabolism nearly well enough to judge a dosage. I can scan Princess Leia to get a good idea of what's needed, but I'd have to err on the side of caution; too much will kill him, which we can't risk. Too little and he'll wake up while we're still there."

[Gross overestimation of transporter capacities. Kennedy more and more shows his ugly Trekkie fanboy face with writing totally unsupported claims that boost Trek in a totally ridiculous manner while at the same time ignorng Wars canon to hack down Imperial power in his hated against SW.
It is not really necessary to say the the scenes in the Emperors quarters will be some of the worst in this entire opera of stupidness, but I'm now talk about thing before they happen...]

"How frequently does he leave his personal rooms?" Troi asked Leia. The Princess shrugged.
"I have no idea." She said. "But the Emperor makes relatively few personal appearances. The rumours are that it's not unknown for him to remain out of sight for days at a time, even within the palace itself. We could be in for a long haul."
"We have no choice then. Doctor, conduct an examination of the Princess and prepare the sedative. How long do you need?"
"It's a simple procedure. Twenty minutes at most."
"Then we go in thirty."

[A typical Trek-dream plan.]
"I'd recommend a minimal complement." Dax cautioned.
"Myself, you and chief O'Brien to deal with the computer, Princess Leia. I'd like to take you Doctor, but the transporter can only handle four at a time and I want to be able to get us all out in a hurry if we need to. Besides, you need to stay and work on that other matter we discussed."
"Yes sir." He nodded.
"Phasers for all personnel, including the Princess." Troi said. "If you report to security they'll give you a crash course in using our weapons. Let's get to work."

[Crash course? Thier weapons are such ergonomic nightmares that you must wonder how they could even use them.]
Troi, Leia, Dax and O'Brien shimmered into existence in the centre of the Emperors private apartment, phasers drawn and ready. It was a precaution that wasn't necessary.
The cloaked and hooded figure lay prone on the floor not ten feet away. Dax went to his side and ran a medical tricorder over him. "Blood pressure and heartbeat are a little on the high side." She said. "At least compared to Leia. Brain activity is low; he's out, at least for the moment." She switched the device over to the standard scan functions and began sweeping the room. "no sign of any alarm systems."
"Look at the size of this place!" O'Brien said. The room they where in was huge, easily bigger than a full sized tennis court. A single colossal window dominated one wall, offering a breathtaking view across the solid sea of buildings that was Coruscant. "Nice view." He commented.
"He does like his comforts, doesn't he?" Leia said, looking around. The décor of this room would have given most museums a bad case of envy. The furniture was very obviously antique, the walls covered in works of art she - a Princess of what had been one of the Empires wealthiest worlds - had only heard of in stories. She glanced down at the prone figure and fingered her phaser absently.
"I'll go check out the other rooms." O'Brien said. "Make sure we're really alone."
"Fine." Troi replied. "Don't take too long."
"There's the terminal." Dax said, putting the tricorder away as she pointed. "It's configured for palm print security access and a code word lock. Let's get him over there."
Troi helped her move the unconscious figure, surprised at how light and frail he felt. They pressed his palm to the console in the corner and it lit up obligingly.
"It's a pretty simple system." Dax said as she scanned the unit with her tricorder. "Nothing dates as fast as computer technology, I suppose. Just a second· there. It's unlocked."

[A simple system? Now he really wants to lie about imperial computer systems! His Trekkie fanboy fantasies take new hights, and I wonder why he hadn't declared himself the last instance yet.]
"Good. Find those files while I get his nibs out of the way." Troi ordered.
"Computer?" Dax said warily as Troi dragged the Emperor to a couch. Leia looked at her, surprised.
"Why are you talking to an inanimate object?" She asked curiously.
"No voice interface?" Dax said gloomily.
"Voice interface?" Leia said, aghast. "Those went out of style decades ago. Vocal commands aren't precise enough for more than casual use, surely?"
"Maybe it depends on how good your software is." Dax said pointedly. "Okay, let's do this the good old fashioned way." She sat at the controls and began typing. "Okay· let's see what we can find·" she muttered to herself.

[Arrogant, isn't it? He continues to insult Imperial computer technology now declaring the software inferior. I don't know what is more embarressing. His stupid story or his open lies.]
Leia left the console and began wandering idly around the huge room. "I always wondered what kind of a life he lived." She mused. "I suppose most people imagine him living in splendour, but I always imagined him to be a more· simple man. I suppose I imagined him sitting in some bare room, thinking up new ways to hurt people or something."
"Tyrants are often a lot more complicated than people imagine." Troi said carelessly. "Part of the way they get power is by being mysterious, charismatic."
"I guess so. I think I'll go find Miles while you finish up here."
"Here we go." Dax said as she headed for the door. "Now· first thing we want to do is make a database of all Imperial Navy ship types and their general specifications - power output, weaponry, engine performance, that kind of thing. That's going to take a few minutes." Her fingers flew over the keyboard. "Second thing is, how many of each type and where are they deployed·"

[Can Troi or Dax even read Basic? So far, Leia is the only one in the group who can do that, but she is not in the room. Seems that Kennedy simply forgot about that, just like so many other things he forgot.]
Leia wandered out of the room, finding herself in another that was nearly twice the size. This one was a library, every wall crammed with books - real, actual paper books - from the luxuriously carpeted floor to the ceiling nearly ten metres above. She wandered along the shelves, counting dozens of first editions dating back for hundreds, even thousands of years.
She found O'Brien in the next room, standing at a console in the middle of the huge space. Apart from the console it was completely empty. "Hi." He said with a grin. "Wait till you see this!"
He flicked a switch and the room blinked out of view around them, replaced by a glittering starscape. She could see nothing of the room, only herself and O'Brien and the console.
"It's a bit like the Stellar Cartography lab back on the Enterprise." O'Brien said. "More elaborate, though." He set the stars revolving about them and Leia grabbed onto the console, momentarily dizzied by the apparent motion.
"I've seen things like this before." She said when she got her balance back. "Not usually this good a quality image, though."

[He wants to downscale Imperial technology.]
"I'd love to get into the projector." Miles said, He cleared the image and returned the controls to the exact settings he had found them on. "It's awful bulky compared to ours."
[Attack on imperial technology. Of course he can't know that Obi-Wan used a projector the size of a handheld ball to display exactly the same thing. His crusade against the Wars galaxy is becoming more and more embarressing.
But who cares, Kennedy is someone with a seemingly deep psychological problem anyway, and therefore not worth a thought]

"Maybe next time we drop in for a visit." Leia said. They went into the next room - a huge dining room complete with a thirty metre table. Leia shook her head. "What kind of a man has a room like this in a place only he ever goes into?" She said incredulously.
Miles shrugged. "Search me."
"Come on," she said. "Let's keep looking."
"What the·" Dax stared at the screen, horrified. "Oh no·"
"What is it?" Troi asked.
"He's sent a fleet though the Portal. The same time we came through - fifteen thousand Star Destroyers. That means that they've been there for over forty hours now! The blockade fleet can't possibly hold that kind of a force in check."
"Get every detail you can." Troi said. "Exact composition of the fleet, detailed technical readouts of the ships - anything that might help Starfleet fight them.
"I'm on it." Dax said. "What the hell is this·"
"What now?"
"They're sending reinforcements through. A space station of some kind, a battle platform. 'Death Star' class. It's· big. No, it's huge. Look at this."
Troi saw an image of a small moon with one prominent crater. She waited for the station to orbit into view - it was several seconds before she realised that the moon was the station.

[Now he really shows, that he hadn't even bothered too actually SEE the movies. The original Death Star was destroyed at Yavin in ANH, and building of the second station hadn't begun until after TESB. Since this plays between ANH and TESB, he therefore betrays his total lack of any Star Wars knowledge, and shows his true agenda.
This is the ultimate proof that he:
a)hadn't had any realy informations about SW or not bothered to get them.
or b)shamelessly multiates canon SW for his own proposes for his "look Trek is the best" show, which is the worst a vs.-writer can do.
This way or another, he had shown now clerly his true agenda, and proved that he is a lair and Trek fanatic, who isn't to be taken seriously.]

"According to this, the station is a hundred and thirty kilometres across. It's on its way to the Portal, right now; it's going through with the next opening."
[Wrong on both accounts!
-The original Death Star had a diameter of 160km.
-The second a diameter of 800km.
But since this is his imaginary Death Star......]

"We have to get there and stop it." Troi said.
"Stop it? Have you seen this thing? Sure, maybe it's a century or three behind us in technology, but if it's built like a Star Destroyer it'll carry millions of turbolaser cannons. The thing must outgun the Defiant thousands to one!"

[Not only is there again the brainbug of him that Trek is superior, but als he GREATLY overrates the firepower of the Defaint. But this is now a common tactic of him.]
"Is there anything on the construction blueprints?"
Dax ran a search routine. "No. Just the orders to go through and support the Imperial fleet."
"Well there's nothing much we can do about it right now. Let's just finish getting what we came for and get back to the ship."
"Right. I'm nearly done·" Dax said. "There. That's it." She patted her tricorder. "I've transferred it all into the tricorders memory. I'm wiping the logs for the last few minutes· done." She shut the computer down and stepped away. The cityscape outside caught her eye and she stepped to the window. "What kind of people are these?" She asked in frustration. "To let themselves be ruled by the kind of mind that would think up things like that station, send it against an innocent population that never did him any harm?"

[Totally ridiculous tricorder power. He acts as if a tricorder is the hight of everything, which is ridiculous and extremly stupid.
And this retorical statements!...Horrible.]

"I wish I knew." Troi said. "Come on, let's get out of here before he wakes up."
"Oh, I'm afraid it's already too late for that." The Emperor said as he sat up. "Too late by far."
They wandered through room after room, all huge in scale and littered with treasures plundered from a thousand worlds. After they had passed through twenty or more of the huge spaces it began to wear on Leia. She had grown up in luxury compared to most, but her fathers palace had been nothing compared to this - and the Emperors personal apartments made up less than one percent of the complex. She found herself thinking of the Tatooine and the life Luke had described to her.
Over half the population of the Empire lives in poverty, she thought. How many millions, billions could you feed and clothe with what's in this one building?

[He again tries to paint the Empire in a bad light. That he tries to paint it as a poor state is especially something I want to hit him for. Then again he hadn't bothered to get the facts togeher.
It is therefore an outright lie.]

"I'm going back." She announced suddenly. "This is getting a little· wearing."
"I'll come with you." Miles said. They headed back to the room they had beamed into.
"Councillor Troi, I believe." The Emperor wheezed as he stood up and raised a small, sleek-looking weapon. "Greetings to you. I must confess, I had begun to believe we would never meet."
Troi held herself perfectly still. The mans' mind was incredibly focused and controlled - she could sense little beyond an almost perfect determination to dominate and overcome.
"Drop your weapons." He snarled suddenly. Troi carefully removed her phaser and dropped it to the ground. Dax followed suit. The Emperor smiled, an expression that contained absolutely no humour. "Good· now I think we will call your good friend Corbus. He is most anxious to meet you again."

[Meaning that he had reported to him, but not brought them before the Emperor. Could you belive that? I could not, with good reason. Because now he wants to paint the Emperor as stupid.
Could you belive that? Kennedy descends more and more into his own madness and bizarre world.]

"Why are you doing this?" Troi said suddenly. Careful! She cautioned herself. If he spoke as soon as he came around, he doesn't know we've been into his computer. "You attacked us the moment you met us, without any kind of provocation! We're no threat to you."
"Oh, but you are." The Emperor said. "You very existence is a threat, one that I mean to end for good. As we speak the first wave of my fleet is establishing a foothold in your Federation. A hundred thousand ships are gathering to exploit that breakthrough."
Troi put on her very best look of shock. "We are not a threat!" She said. Where are Leia and O'Brien! "We mean you no harm - the Federation co-Exists with hundreds of different species, we solve our problems by negotiation in good faith. We-"
"You are an abomination!" He yelled. "A blight that I intend to excise, once and for all!"
"What do you mean?"
"The Force is with everybody, everything. With some it is strong, with some weak. Some feel the calling of the good side; they are foolish and must pay the price for their mistake, but still they are part of the force. But you· the force is not with you, not with any of you. You are apart from it, separate - all of you. This cannot be allowed!"
"What is this 'Force'?" Deanna asked. "A PSI ability of some kind, but it's something different isn't it?"
"The force is an energy field." The Emperor replied. "It is created by all life. It encompasses everything in the galaxy - every person, insect, rock, every atom of dust. To those who can fully master it's dark side, anything is possible. See the past, see the future, control whole worlds. You are an unstable element; you bring chaos and disorder, disrupt the force. For that, you will die. All of you."
"You mean, the whole Federation?" Troi asked uncertainly.
"I mean all. The Federation, your allies, enemies. Your galaxy will be purged of all life."
"You might find that more difficult than you imagine." Dax said softly. "Some of the people in our galaxy can get a little· intolerant with strangers."
"It is of no consequence." The Emperor said casually. "The cost does not matter to me - I will not permit such as you to continue to live."
"There's one slight problem with that plan." Troi said.
"Oh?" He said sarcastically. "And what might that be?"
"The man with the phaser standing behind you."
He spun around in surprise. The instant the weapon drifted away from her midsection Troi kicked out with all her might, connecting solidly with his hand. The gun flew across the room, lost in a corner. Troi dived in at him, ramming a fist with all her might as he started to turn. She caught him under the ribcage and he collapsed to the floor with a cry.

[He again tries to paint the Emperor as stupid.]
Dax scooped up her phaser and held it on him. "Not bad." She said, half-smiling.
Troi winced as she rubbed her aching knuckles. "All the old ones are new here." She said "But it's been a long time since unarmed combat at the academy."
The Emperor sat up and raised his hand. A stream of intense blue lightning flashed out at Dax, hitting her squarely in the mid-section. It passed directly through her and hit the window, scoring a deep burn across the surface. Dax looked down at her untouched stomach in surprise. A long moment passed.

[That is the WORST pile of BULLSHIT I have seen in a long time! Can you belive that he had even the guts to write that? Force lightning going through her? It is not only another example of his "magical anti-force-shield", but also a direct violation of the laws of physics.
When was the last time, a electrical charge of 100.000 volts didn't scratch you? Since the bolts are energy, they can't simply disappear! But with Kennedy all is possible, and his stupidness climbs new hights. This is one of the worst things, but get prepared for more!
The only thing Kennedy is worthy of, is a rubber cell.]

"I take it that was a demonstration of the Force?" She said finally to the Emperor. "If that's what it means to be an abomination, I'll take it." She shifted her aim and adjusted the phaser. A brief burst blew a gaping hole through the far wall; she reset it to stun and aimed it straight at his face. "This, on the other hand, is good old fashioned technology. It tends to be a bit more reliable - as you will discover if you so much as twitch before we leave."
Leia and O'Brien charged in, phasers drawn, and skidded to a stop. "Oh." O'Brien said, shamefaced. "I heard firing, thought you might be in trouble."
"Not really. Councillor, are we all finished here?"
"All finished." Troi said. "One thing before we go. Emperor, this galaxy of yours seems to be a pretty settled place."
"Galactic civilisation has lasted for tens of thousands of years"
"Yes, I'm sure. Well our galaxy isn't like that. There are a lot of people who seem to like being at everybody's throats. You've seen how one Starfleet ship fared against your fleet - there are beings in our galaxy who are countless thousands of times more powerful than the Federation. Species who's avowed aim is to assimi- to destroy every culture they come across, no matter what the cost. You might be able to conquer the Federation, but in the long run you may well find you've bitten off more than you can chew. Just something to think about." She tapped her combadge. "Troi to Defiant; four to beam up."

[Here the arrogance drips out of every word. Kennedy doesn't even bother to hide it now. He simply declares Trek superior without even looking at the facts. His attitude towards canon is one of the most bizarre I have ever seen, and his nature as a lair is clearly seen, especially here.
All in all, he now fires his cannon of hated with full salvos.]

"Stand by thrusters." Dax said as the four strolled onto the bridge. "We're breaking orbit and heading home." She nodded towards Leia as she took her chair. "With a little detour to drop you off, of course."
"There's a ship that can take me. You know how to read our transponder codes?"
"No problem." Lieutenant Anthony said from the science station. "Civilian transponders aren't coded or hidden in any way, we've been using them to monitor traffic for the last day or so."

[Very funny. That's stupid. Trek computers should have problems with the enormous capacity of Wars computers. So long....]
"Good. You're looking for a Correllian transport travelling under the name of Stellar Tortoise" She grinned at that; Han had complained for two solid days at her choice of cover name for his ship. "She'll be around the mid system region somewhere. Her real name is the Millennium Falcon. She can pick me up."
"What about the rest of your people?"
"They'll most likely follow their planned exit routes. They all know how to handle themselves in situations like this, they'll be fine."
"Found it." Anthony reported. "Stellar Tortoise, course three five five mark four seven, distance eight astronomical units."
"That's a hell of a haul on thrusters." O'Brien complained.
"We'll stay on thrusters until we're clear of the planet, then go to Impulse for the rest of the trip. I don't want to tangle with an Imperial fleet now, we've bent the rules enough on this trip." Dax replied, shooting a glare at Troi.

As everybody settled down in the conference room Picard brought up a holographic tactical display.
"I've been reviewing the actions taken by the Imperial fleet since they arrived." Picard said. "I want to play through it now." He brought up the programme he had pre-programmed. "Opinions?" He asked when it finished, turning to Riker first.
"They're not making much sense." Riker replied, frowning at the display. "When they came out of the Portal they played it dumb - just sitting there letting us pick them off. Splitting up like that to get past us was the first bit of decent tactics I've seen from this fleet. Then they head straight for Sol - right for the Federations jugular, as it where. Another good move on their part. Then they sit there for another couple of hours before going for the Spacedock. And now they just mill around out here again for hours while we pick them off."

[Of course that shit was all written by Kennedy. No decent Imperial commander would use such poor tactics. This said, I can already think why he had written it that way.
Another case of attacking SW.]

"Agreed. Data?"
"The tactics are poor." The android agreed, also studying the display. "At least, they are poor by our standards. It may be that Imperial personnel lack training in such matters."

[His hated towards Wars finds new peaks. Again the "stupid Imperial" thing. It becomes very annoying and difficult not to rip this whole thing here into pieces and forget it.]
"I find that hard to believe." Geordi put in. "True we don't know much about this Empire, but I think we can all agree that they're hostile and aggressive. Given that they should have some skill at the practice of war, if not the technological side."
[Reducing Imperial technology level, what else?]
"Okay, I grant you that we're not dealing with a band of incompetents here." Riker said. "Their ships are tough and well designed, within their obvious technological limitations. And they fight them well - they'd be difficult opponents if they technology and numbers where both even. But they seem to take an eternity to co-ordinate their forces!"
[He now not only insults Imperial technology, but also Imperial tactis and manouvering! The whole thing slowly looks for me like a gigantic Ad Hominem attack, with countless Strawman attacks.
In this case he gloats again, now common for him.]

"I have a thought about that." Picard gestured towards the fleet. "I wonder if we're not seeing a combination of cultural and technological factors here."
"In what way sir?" Data asked.
"I've been thinking about what 'Lord' Vader said to us. He told us that he was a representative of their Emperor, Palpatine. This Emperor wanted us taken to a place called Coruscant to deal. It wasn't absolutely clear, but I think Coruscant might be their capital - it seemed as though the Emperor was commanding a personal meeting."
"That was a trap. An obvious one at that." Geordi scoffed.
"Of course," Picard said mildly. "But a strangely baited trap, if the bait was fictional. Orders to go to the Imperial capital, from the Emperor himself. I would have thought that an offer of help, a chance to profit from the experience in some way. After all, you attract a fly with sugar, not vinegar."
"True." The engineer looked thoughtful. "You think that Vader was telling the truth?"
"Oh, he never intended to let us go. But the rest... yes I do."
"Fine." Riker said, impatient and trying to hide it. "What does that get us?"
"Data, how long did it take the fleet to get from the Portal to its present position via their FTL drive? And what does that translate to in warp speed?"
"Five hours forty one minutes." Data reported instantly. "Equivalent to Warp nine point two."

[He continues to underplay hyperdrive speed with outright lies.
To make it more clear:
The Enterprise could do ~2000 c top speed.
A Imperial ship can do 10-40 million c top speed.
I think that should make it clear and also shows to seriousness of his lie. But what should you expect from someone who had written so much lies until yet?]

"And it was about forty six hours from the time of our first encounter with the Imperial ship to the arrival of their fleet. He could have covered a round trip of about nine light years in that time."
"I'll be damned." Riker said. "We where that close to their capital!"
"Probably much closer." Picard said. "Sending a fleet of three hundred and fifty ships from port into battle is no small matter."
"Okay..." Riker muttered, his mind racing now. "What does that tell us. They keep a pretty big fleet at their capital."
"So do we, these days." Picard said. "We have reason to, of course."
"You think the Empire is at war?"
"Oh, perhaps. But consider the second fleet. They had about ten days to gather that force together and get it to the Portal. And I'd wager that they have another fleet blockading their own side, too. That's a lot of ships to have sitting around the heart of your Empire, don't you think?"
"Historically most nations keep the bulk of our forces where they expect the fighting to be." Riker said. His eyes where practically lit up. "They expect trouble, in the centre of their own territory. That's it, isn't it?"
"Civil disturbances." Picard replied with a nod. "That's what these ships where designed for - to keep the Empires own civilian population in check."
"Big and scary-looking, lots of firepower and no finesse." Riker said with a nod. "Of course."

[No finesse?!]
"And when your mission is to intimidate civilians, coupled with policing actions, blockade or bombardment of rebel populations..."
"...you don't have a whole lot of time for big fleet actions." Riker finished. "We're dealing with the coast guard!"

[He shits on the imperial navy big time. To simply reduce the Imperial Navy to a coast guard it one of the most stupid things I have ever heared! But this won't tangate Kennedy, I'm sure.]
"Which is why they're having trouble with co-ordinating their formations." Picard finished. "But that's not their only difficulty." He zoomed the tactical display out until the entire solar system was barely a dot tinged red. Another red dot appeared on the edge of the display. "This is where they emerged from the Portal. They set a few thousand ships to hold us off while the bulk of their fleet sorted their formation out.
[To insult a fully trained navy and paint them as incompetents is now already a common theme in his writing. His "Trek-is-best" mentallity comes here to the surface.]
Then they set this course." A red line appeared hanging in the air, apparently lancing directly at Sol. Picard zoomed the display back in to where it had been before. The red line neatly cut through the centre of the long line of Imperial fleets. "If we reverse the display..." the red dots representing the Imperial ships froze, then began to glide backwards - in every single case heading towards the course line. As they hit the line they began to vanish, first singly then in groups. Within a few seconds they where all gone. Picard let the projection run forward again. "The conclusion is fairly obvious." He finished.
"Well, it is once somebody baby-talks you through it." Riker said with a shake of his head. "How on Earth did you manage to think of this? While you where juggling everything else as well?"
"A captain has to keep on his toes around here, number one. The competition is very tough."
"So, what exactly does this mean to us?" Geordi asked. "I see it, but how does it help us?"
"The Imperial ships didn't change course on their way here." Riker said it before Picard could. "While they where using their FTL drive, they all travelled in a straight line directly here. All fifteen odd thousand of them."
Geordi started to speak, then paused. "That's odd." He said finally. "I mean, you'd think at least one would-"
"It's more than strange, it's virtually impossible. Fifteen thousand ships, all travelling a perfectly straight course by coincidence? No way."
"So you're saying that they can't change course. They can't turn in FTL?"
"Indeed." Picard said.

[That's another famous Trekkie myth, he now uses to fire against the Empire. Of course it is wrong, SW ships CAN change course in Hyperspace, so Kennedy is simply lying. I thing he grins again, thinking himself clever, but he isn't.
It really not speaks for him that he uses this myth.]

"We can take advantage of this." Riker said excitedly. "I'm sure we can." Of course, he thought, Picard has apparently had time to think all this through. "How do we - of course! We can ambush them!" Riker grinned widely. "Warp nine point two - they'd push their engines when they where heading out of a fleet battle like that. The Excelsior's' and Mirandas' won't match that, but pretty much everybody else can - at least for a while. So anytime an Imperial fleet goes into FTL, we just parallel the course it was on at warp nine point two, and we're there waiting when they drop out!"
[He continues to outright lie about hyperspace speeds.]
"We could press the advantage by attacking as soon as their ships emerge from FTL drive." Data said. "They will be at their most uncoordinated at that moment. However, in order to make such an ambush we will need to know the precise location at which the fleet will emerge."
[Totally wrong. Imperial ships don't have such a weakness. But tell that a Rabid Trekkie.....]
"So the question is, where are they going next?" Picard asked.
"They're heading into the inner system." Riker said thoughtfully. "Jupiter is an obvious target - or they might bypass that altogether and go for either Mars or Earth itself. Mars is a little closer, but Earth is a bigger target."
"Ordinarily I'd agree, number one. But the Empire likely don't know that Earth is the Federation capital yet. And although Earth has the bulk of the systems overall industrial capacity, Mars has most of the shipbuilding facilities."

["Stupid-Imperial" fallacy.
Earth is the only Terran planet in the system, so it is logical for the Empire to kill it first. Anything else is bad written, like most here.]

"Do they know that?" Riker asked.
"I doubt their sensors are any better than the rest of their technology. Mars is also where the main inner system defence perimeter is controlled from. If we can get them to head for there instead of Earth, we'll be able to get all our ships and most of the perimeter forces together in a co-ordinated strike. We have to force the choice on them. The question is, how?"

[His constant lying about Imperial sensor systems continues here. Had this ass never seen TESB?! The Imperials and Rebels could detect each other, while the Imperial fleet was still outside the system!
That are sensor systems, and to make matters worse, that were only short range sensors. But obviously that doesn't tangate Kennedy, as long as he could continue his mind-mastrubation.]

"They don't know we have transporter systems yet, do they?" Riker asked.
"Not that we know of." Picard replied. "What do you have in mind?"
"A old story I read once in the history books. It came from Earth's twentieth century, it was called 'The man who never was'·"

"They're sending a Death Star?" Leia said, incredulous. "But they don't have any other Death Stars!"
"Apparently they do. You know of these stations?" Troi asked.
"Oh, you could say that." Leia said. Her voice was level, but the bitterness behind it was an almost physical weight on the councillor. "I was held captive on one for a while. They gave me the privilege of watching it destroy my home planet."
Troi winced. "They have that kind of firepower?"
"Oh, yes." Leia nodded and gestured towards the image on the screen. "That big indentation there has a complex of huge laser weapons behind it. It can turn a planet into an asteroid belt in moments."
"What happened to the first one?"
"You say they don't have any other stations like this·"
"We thought there was only one." Leia said, staring into space. "After it destroyed Alderran - my home - it headed for a Rebel base on a moon orbiting a planet called Yavin. A force of Rebel fighters destroyed it before it could attack the base."
"Fighters?" Dax looked at the picture of the station. "Fighters destroyed that?"
"We stole the technical readouts of the station. There's a weakness in the design - a way to hit the main reactor. It makes them vulnerable, if you can get close enough in to hit a target that small."
Dax and Troi looked at each other.
"Tell me more." The both said together.

[His story device is poor. Later more about that.]

"You want what!" Crusher said, appalled. "Jean Luc, that's the most disgusting thing I've ever heard. You can't possibly mean it!"
"Beverly, you know what's at stake here. We're trying to set the Imperial fleet up for an ambush. To do that most effectively we need the Mars perimeter defences, but we can't count on them heading for Mars. We need to push them in that direction."
"It's still a disgusting thing to do." She insisted.
"Granted. But there are thirty billion people on Earth and I cannot guarantee their safety with a fleet battle going on in orbit. We must do this. Do you have suitable candidates?"

[He had the number of inhabitants wrong. There aren't 30 billion people but less than 10 billion. I really want to know how he got that number.
Pulled out of his ass?..... Most likely.]

"Oh yes," she said bitterly. "Plenty of them, in fact. No problems there at all".
"Then pick four out and make the necessary preparations. Geordi and Data are working on the shuttlecraft now - they should be ready within the hour. Can you make that deadline?"
"Jean Luc-"
"Can you do it?" He insisted.
"Yes." She said sullenly.
"Then make it so."

"There she is." Anthony said. "Just entering visual range."
"On screen." Dax said. A near-circular spacecraft appeared on the main viewscreen. "How long to intercept?"
"Just under· ten minutes."
"Well Leia," Troi said quietly. "Time to say our goodbyes." She held up a Padd. "This contains all the information you will need to produce antimatter and build reactors to use it."
Leia took the device with an almost reverential awe. "I can't thank you enough," she said wonderingly. "This means freedom for trillions of people."
"I know." Troi said. She nodded to Bashir. He stepped up behind Leia and put a hypospray to her neck; the Princess crumpled, bashir catching her as she fell.
"What the-" Dax began.
"I said I'd give her access to the information, and I did." Troi said sadly. "I never said I'd let her keep it." She turned to Bashir. "Doctor?"
"I'll take her down to sickbay." He said. "Judging from the exam I did on her, these people seem to be especially susceptible to memory blanking. I don't think there will be any problems. He left the bridge, carrying the prone body with him.

[That are two points:
-First, the Federation are assholes, no matter what you think.
-Second, his claim with the memory blanking is not only extremly unlikely, but also drips with a new claim. Now he insists that SW humans have weaker brains than ST humans. Can you see the problem and the stupidy with that?]

"You lied." Dax said wonderingly.
"Not technically." Troi returned. "I violated the spirit of our deal, perhaps. But the future of the Federation is at stake here, and we needed her help." She slumped into a chair and turned to look at the ship on the viewscreen. "She was right about one thing - what I did here today won't harm her, at least not directly. But how many are going to live in suffering for years, decades even, because of me?"
"You did what you had to." Dax said gently.
"Yes I did." Troi replied. "As if that makes any difference at all." She stood and headed off the bridge. "As soon as Bashir is finished, decloak and transfer her to that ship - don't use transporters, send a shuttle over. Tell the crew over there that we're a special secret unit of the Rebellion or something - I don't care if he believes it or not, it'll just be a mystery without a solution. As soon as the shuttle returns lay in a course to take us to the Portal in time for the next opening. Let me know when we get there; I'll be in my quarters."

[The rethoric and morality smackdown, that isn't one. The Feds are still simply assholes and nothing more. Also, he wants to write Han Solo also as stupid. Kennedy engages all his hated against Star Wars.]

Vader watched impassively as another of his ships exploded. The Federation forces had whittled his fleet down from over fifteen thousand ships to just under thirteen thousand in a less than a day, for the loss of only fifty of their own ships. Their methods of fighting where frustrating - the Enterprise had been disadvantaged by having to remain in the vicinity of the Portal. With no such restrictions against them now, the Federation ships made slashing attacks at speeds so great that his gunners could barely land a shot on target, vanishing into the darkness leaving a trail of devastation behind them. It was an ignoble method of warfare, he thought to himself.
[Warp strafling? Kennedy really thinks that this is used? He not only violates SW canon, but also ST canon! Warp strafling is a fanboy invantion, nothing more. But he still uses it, even if only to push up Trek.
His dishonest methods at thier best, I must say.]

He felt a certain grudging admiration of them for it, despite their abhorrent nature.
That thought caused a deep uneasiness within him. He had been in this galaxy for less than two days now and still it was a place of dread for him. He was used to feeling the force flowing through him, sustaining his body and mind alike, warning him of threats both imminent and distant and guiding his mind and hand against them. But here· he could feel a trickle of the power from his own crew and ships, but if he turned his mind beyond them· nothing. No trace of the force anywhere. To call it disturbing was a colossal understatement; to one such as he it was nothing less than agonising.
His first reaction had been an excellent one; these people where an abomination, to be destroyed as quickly as possible. The cost was irrelevant.

[The "magical-anti-force-shield" at it's best!
I have said it so many times, that I now only say, that it is ridiculous, nothing more.]

Captain Melkar spoke, interrupting his reverie. Vader turned to the man, almost pathetically glad to be able to concentrate on something that actually felt like it was there.
"My Lord, the Bloodstar reports that they have captured an enemy vessel."
"Captured?" Vader asked in surprise.
"Yes my Lord. It's a small shuttlecraft, a diplomatic courier of some kind. The Bloodstar reports that it was carrying a pilot, and what appears to be an officer of some considerable rank - high enough to rate two soldiers as a personal bodyguard. Furthermore, the officer was carrying a considerable store of information - update reports from the enemy fleet for the past several days, orders to be carried back to the rest of the system."
"Where was the shuttle headed?"
"Towards the forth planet in the system, my Lord."
"Interesting·" Vader wondered if it could be a trap; it sounded far too good to be true. He gathered what he could of the force, focused it toward the Bloodstar, reaching for the minds of her crew, for the shape of the events unfolding there, trying to focus on the shape those events would take in the future.
Nothing. There was too little of his abilities left, far too many gaping holes filled by those he could not sense at all.

[Again the force-shield.]
What to do· "Have the Bloodstar transfer the shuttle and bodies and all information to this ship. I will review it myself." He ordered.
"At once, my Lord!"

Admiral Sandell paced the command centre of the Death Star Avenger, staring out of the viewscreen at the ghostly white haze that hung outside the station.

[Since when did have a Death Star a second name? "Death Star" is it's name. Also, Avenger is the name of a Star Destroyer. He obviously hadn't bothered to see the movies.]
Hard to believe that that thing is really going to send us· well, wherever the devil it leads to.
He glanced across the rows of status boards that showed the condition of the stations main systems; all green. That was only to be expected, of course; that fool Tarkin may have been careless enough to let the Rebels destroy his station, but Sandell had no intention of failing his mission for the lack of a few elementary precautions.
He glanced at the chronometer on the wall; seven minutes remaining.
"Red alert, councillor Troi to the bridge." Dax said. The klaxon sounded instantly; Troi arrived within less than a minute.
"What is it?"
"We've found the Death Star." Dax said. The battle station filled the screen, huge and menacing. "It's sitting right on top of the Portal."
"Can we make a run on the exhaust port?"
"If we decloak, yes." Dax switched the screen to a tactical view. "But we have five hundred Imperial ships out there. We have to get pretty close to target something that small in this kind of environment. Making a successful attack against these kind of odds is going to be chancy at best."
"We could stay cloaked and go through the portal." Robertson suggested. "Warn Starfleet about this thing and set up a co-ordinated attack?"
"They've had fifteen thousand ships on our side for over sixty hours now." O'Brien said. "I wouldn't count too much on finding any Starfleet ships in the vicinity of the Portal."
"We can't possibly know what the situation is on our side." Dax agreed. "For all we know there might be another thousand ships waiting to greet this thing and throw a defensive cordon around it - they know they can be vulnerable, after all."
"So it's a slim chance for sure now, against maybe a good chance or maybe none at all later." Troi said. "This falls outside my mission brief, captain. As commander of the ship it's your decision. But make it a fast one - we have less than five minutes until the Portal opens."
Dax looked at the huge object floating in space before them. Her mouth was dry; she hadn't felt like this since she's watched the Odyssey explode before her, leaving three runabouts to face a pair of Jem'Hadar attack craft. The Jem'Hadar had let them live that time, intending them to carry their spy back to Federation space. The Imperials would have no such restraints.
"Then we fight." She said. "Battle stations. Power up the phasers and load torpedo bays. Tactical, target the exhaust port and any weapon emplacements around it. Chief - if you can reinforce the shields at all·"

[The problem is, that it won't work. Federation torpedos ar to big and clumsy to make it into the port, and also is the Defaint too big to fit into the tench. That said, they are on a suicide mission.]
"I'll get you some power from somewhere sir." O'Brien said.
"Take us in, full impulse."

[They go right through the shield? Other than the Rebel fighters, the Defaint is too big to fit through the shield seams. Also I doubt that they even know about them. The whole thing is extremly suspect.
But be sure, it will get worse later on.]

"Sensor contact - vessel at angle three six mark ten, close range. Unknown configuration."
"What!" Sandell practically roared. Rebels, he thought instantly. Come to stop us from going through the portal - no doubt hoping for an alliance with this new enemy. "Target the vessel with every available weapon and open fire!"
Defiant surged forward towards the Death Star. The huge station grew in the screen, apparently without end.
"Within torpedo range." Robertson reported.
"Decloak and raise the shields. Take out as many weapon emplacements as you can."
The lighting on the bridge came up for the first time in days. Within seconds the ship began to rock, slightly at first and then more and more.

[Interesting, the Death Star can see the Defaint even cloaked? But that way he contraidicts himself again.]
"We're taking fire." Robertson reported. "From the fleet and the station. Fighters are closing on our flanks - registering multiple missile launches. Fire intensity is increasing."
On the screen the Death Star seemed to disappear behind a near-solid wall of turbolaser fire. The bolts poured up, dwarfing the input from the dozens of Star Destroyers within range.
"Shields are down to sixty percent!" Roberston said, strain evident in his voice. "I'm trying to dodge, but there's just too much fire - we're being hit by at least a hundred thousand weapon emplacements."

[His standart overrating of Federation technology and downscaling of Imperial weapons. Nothing new in this one.]
"Continue on in." Dax said. She clung to her seat as the rocking became more serious. "We have to last long enough to hit that torpedo port!"
"Shields at thirty percent! Twenty five!" Robertson looked at the screen as if he couldn't believe what he was seeing. "The volume of fire is increasing substantially. Sir, we can't make it through."
"Keep her together!" Dax snapped. "We have to make it!" The ship lurched suddenly and there was a distant explosion. "Report!"
"A secondary plasma conduit has breached." O'Brien said. "Primary system is still on line."
"We've got nearly half a million emplacements firing on us now." Robertson jinked the ship from side to side, trying to find the lowest concentration of fire. "Shields at ten percent and falling. Sir, we can't last long enough against this kind of fire to get our shot off! We have to pull back."
Dax hesitated for a moment, and felt the ship shudder again. One of the science station consoles blew out, showering sparks over Anthony. "Alright, hard about. Get us out of here."
"Shields at five percent!" Robertson reported as the ship twisted around and tore away from the station.
"Drop shields and cloak." Dax ordered. They aren't going to last more than another few seconds anyway.
"Multiple missiles inbound, impact imminent! Shields down." Instantly the ship began to shudder as the turbolaser storm found her ablative armour. "Engaging the cloak."
"Rapid evasive!" Dax snapped. "Pattern Omega; keep changing our course, mess up their firing solution!"
Defiant rang to a massive explosion, hurling everybody out of their chairs. The gravity dropped to nearly zero, then gradually began to build again.
"What was that?" Dax asked as she climbed back into her seat. The shuddering began to drop off, then stopped altogether.
"The enemy vessel has vanished from our sensors!"
"Impossible." Sandell stated it as a fact. "No ship that small can carry a cloaking device."
"Admiral, it has vanished." The technicial insisted.
"Concentrate all firepower on the region around the last recorded position." We just may get a lucky shot.

[And now they can't detect them? Kennedy can't decide when to detect a cloaked ship, an when not, I think.]
"We're clear of the Death Star." Robertson said. "They've lost us for the moment, but they're spraying the entire area with fire - I've never seen anything like it! They'll hit us sooner or later."
"The Portal cycles in less than a minute." Anthony pointed out.
"We took a major hit to the port nacelle." O'Brien said. "At least twenty or thirty missiles hit us on that side. The nacelle is off line and we've got heavy systems damage to the rest of the ship."

[Again, he lies about the blast rates of Imperial missile weapons. Thirty missiles and the Defaint would be space dust that litters the surface of the Death Star. When even Jango has 190 megatons missiles, than you can imagine what calibers the Desth Star must have.]
"Is the cloak compromised?"
"Doesn't look like." O'Brien said.
"Good. Once we're through we can get clear of the station."
"Here we go·" Anthony said. "Five seconds, four, three, two, one."
The Portal opened.

[That was an extremly bad part, worser than any other. You may have noticed the big parts where I said nothing, but this is because of several reasons:
1.)His long writing style favours much text with no really new information.
2.)I have given up on repeating on several small things, that happen too often.]
Last edited by Tribun on 2004-03-26 10:16am, edited 2 times in total.
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

Ah I commend your bravery...after I read that...I just laughed and played some random game to rid myself of the meory.

And yep, this is why Portal is considered one of the lower of the Trek/Wars fanfics.

Only one more to go...

Tribun
Jedi Council Member

Post by Tribun »

I'm toying with the idea to send the whole thing to Kennedy when it is finished, just to see his reactions.

I'm working now on Chapter 6, the last one. But it is very tideous work, because he had done so much bullshit in it, that I think that it will include more comments than the last two chapters together.
Last edited by Tribun on 2004-03-25 04:50pm, edited 1 time in total.
Robert Walper

Post by Robert Walper »

Tribun wrote:I'm toying with the idea to send the whole thing to Kennedy when it is finished, just to see his reactions.
I could mention this review to him if you want...
Tribun
Jedi Council Member

Post by Tribun »

Robert Walper wrote:
Tribun wrote:I'm toying with the idea to send the whole thing to Kennedy when it is finished, just to see his reactions.
I could mention this review to him if you want...
You can do it after I'm finished with the last chapter. If he refuses to go to the board, I will send it to him.
18-Till-I-Die
Emperor's Hand

Post by 18-Till-I-Die »

Well he ripped off WW2 by having a fake shuttle mission filled with 'sensitive' information.

I dont like it when he constantly belittles Star Wars, and it becomes rapidly anoying, but it wasnt exactly an atrocity. There was a comparitively poor fanfic i read somewhere called 'Star Destroyer Armageddon' or some shit, and the guy who wrote it couldnt even pen naritives correctly. It seems to be a slight bit better than the first three. Chapter four was still the 'best' by my estimation. The thing is, no one has ever written a 'good' Star Wars vs Star Trek story, becaus eit's perposterous to compare them militarily. But i'd like to try :wink: *.

Question: if 'five hundred thousand turbolasers' is underestimating Imperial firepower, how many guns did the Deathstar have? It seems with that kind of firepower they'd have no need for a Superlaser, but of course i always thought the Deathstar was overrated (it did what a large fleet could have easily done for three times the price). Also, i didnt like them double crossing the Rebels like that, it was unwarrented, and realy kind of pissed me off.

So far: two out of five; poorly written, but not the atrocity i expected after Chapter Two.

*(i was thinking of pening a crossover where, in an alternate timeline, the 4th Empire stumbles upon the Federation at war with the Galactic Empire and help them fight back against the Empire. Then Galactic Civilization, led by a 'rogue' Lensman, offer their help to the Empire, begining a huge war with the 4thE and Federation against the Galactic Civilization and Galactic Empire. The working title is 'Empires of Light and Shadows')

P.S--forgive the shameless plug :oops:
Kanye West Saves.

RedImperator
Roosevelt Republican

Post by RedImperator »

The Death Star was built to overpower planetary shields. Without the superlaser, it would take weeks to batter them down with just the surface turbolaser mounts, and it would presumably be under fire from planetary defenses the entire time.
Any city gets what it admires, will pay for, and, ultimately, deserves…We want and deserve tin-can architecture in a tinhorn culture. And we will probably be judged not by the monuments we build but by those we have destroyed.--Ada Louise Huxtable, "Farewell to Penn Station", New York Times editorial, 30 October 1963
X-Ray Blues
18-Till-I-Die
Emperor's Hand

Post by 18-Till-I-Die »

RedImperator wrote:The Death Star was built to overpower planetary shields. Without the superlaser, it would take weeks to batter them down with just the surface turbolaser mounts, and it would presumably be under fire from planetary defenses the entire time.
It's as big as a moon! Millions, nay, billions of ISDs could be built in it's stead.

Besides...the Galaxy Gun was a far better, more efficient, and more powerful strategic weapon than any Death Star.
Kanye West Saves.