How about another fanfic (Manifest Destiny)

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

D.Turtle
Jedi Council Member

Post by D.Turtle »

Nice chapter :)

I like the way that you pick out certain specific events and through these show the way the big picture is.

Of course it also requires that you try to fit together the different pieces to make sense (its especially hard to have some kind of timeframe in the heead, i have no idea how long much time has passed since the first encounter)

One more thing: It would be helpful if you made the border when you do a cut more clear:
Down the table, Bala leaned in to murmur in the President's left ear. "This is ridiculous Frank. We're having our asses handed to us and they're talking about ideals. Desperate times, Mr. President, desperate times."

"And now the President is endorsing the use of those damn weapons," Picard barked into his whiskey. This was the real stuff. He needed it.
Whe I read that, I went "huh?!", and had to read it again to see that a change in place ad time had taken place, after the meeting had ended.

Overall, however, very good.
Singular Quartet
Sith Marauder

Post by Singular Quartet »

We don't praise you enoguh? Fine. Be that way.

*turns his back on the thread.*

6 seconds later:

I'M NOT WORTHY!! I'M NOT WORTHY!! I'M NOT WORTHY!!
Mark S
The Quiet One

Post by Mark S »

D.Turtle wrote:
One more thing: It would be helpful if you made the border when you do a cut more clear:
Do you mean the spacing between the two segments or the lead-in to the segment itself? Either way, I can work on it. The first is easier than the other though. I may work on the spacing anyway. I was noticing that the break didn't look like enough when it was up on the board.
Writer's Guild 'Ghost in the Machine'/Decepticon 'Devastator'/BOTM 'Space Ape'/Justice League 'The Tick'
"The best part of 'believe' is the lie."
It's always the quiet ones.
Eleas
Jaina Dax

Post by Eleas »

Mark S wrote:
D.Turtle wrote:
Do you mean the spacing between the two segments or the lead-in to the segment itself? Either way, I can work on it. The first is easier than the other though. I may work on the spacing anyway. I was noticing that the break didn't look like enough when it was up on the board.
To be honest, I was more concerned with the misspelling of Guinan's name. But then again, I am an anal-retentive sonuvabitch too. Just to make that clear.
Björn Paulsen

"Travelers with closed minds can tell us little except about themselves."
--Chinua Achebe
Mark S
The Quiet One

Post by Mark S »

Eleas wrote:
Mark S wrote:
D.Turtle wrote:
To be honest, I was more concerned with the misspelling of Guinan's name. But then again, I am an anal-retentive sonuvabitch too. Just to make that clear.
Wow! That's how you spell that name? Learn something new every day. Well, now I'll know for the next time she comes in.
Writer's Guild 'Ghost in the Machine'/Decepticon 'Devastator'/BOTM 'Space Ape'/Justice League 'The Tick'
D.Turtle
Jedi Council Member

Post by D.Turtle »

I meant something like this:
Down the table, Bala leaned in to murmur in the President's left ear. "This is ridiculous Frank. We're having our asses handed to us and they're talking about ideals. Desperate times, Mr. President, desperate times."

----------------------------

"And now the President is endorsing the use of those damn weapons," Picard barked into his whiskey. This was the real stuff. He needed it.
Not a lot of work, but it would help a lot.
Crown
NARF

Post by Crown »

Mark S don't you love us anymore? Why do you make us suffer these long delays?!?!?!?
Η ζωή, η ζωή εδω τελειώνει!
"Science is one cold-hearted bitch with a 14" strap-on" - Masuka 'Dexter'
"Angela is not the woman you think she is Gabriel, she's done terrible things"
"So have I, and I'm going to do them all to you." - Sylar to Arthur 'Heroes'
Mark S
The Quiet One

Sorry

Post by Mark S »

Sorry guys but things have been busy at work and at home (not to mention a little problem with deciding what I want to do next with the story). Plus I was starting to think that no one really cared anymore. Nice to see some familier faces. Anyway, as it's the Thankgiving weekend up here in the frozen north (Ah, that time when we give thanks for having food by eating as much of it as we can) I should really be getting back to my family and not be on the computer.

Be patient and more will come.

Mark
Crown
NARF

Post by Crown »

well okay then.
Singular Quartet
Sith Marauder

Re: Sorry

Post by Singular Quartet »

Mark S wrote:Sorry guys but things have been busy at work and at home (not to mention a little problem with deciding what I want to do next with the story). Plus I was starting to think that no one really cared anymore. Nice to see some familier faces. Anyway, as it's the Thankgiving weekend up here in the frozen north (Ah, that time when we give thanks for having food by eating as much of it as we can) I should really be getting back to my family and not be on the computer.

Be patient and more will come.

Mark
Unlike other people, I'm actually patient. I can wait.
D.Turtle
Jedi Council Member

Post by D.Turtle »

I care about your Fan Fic :)

It is one of the best that I read so far (and I read almost all the Fan Fics on the Startrek.vs.Starwars Fanfiction Archive,).

It has a type of story telling, that so far I haven't seen at all. The way you portray the whole, big picture by focusing on small parts is simply amazing, and makes it a more challenging story t read (which I think is good). I'll probably start reading it all over again, to see what I missed so far :)
Maybe I#ll even try to make a small Time Line or so :D

Keep on the great work!
Stravo
Official SD.Net Teller of Tales

Post by Stravo »

We writers can be a tempermental lot...give Mark some patience and please show him some love...what you get out of our stories, we get out of your praise.
Wherever you go, there you are.

Ripped Shirt Monkey - BOTMWriter's Guild Cybertron's Finest Justice League
This updated sig brought to you by JME2
Hendrake
Padawan Learner

Post by Hendrake »

MarkS, take your time. I am not impatient.

I like your fic a whole lot. It is at the very top of the vs fics. And I will be dead before I stop to care about good fiction. :D

In fact, I would write a review, but it would look like fanboy drooling...
"It appears that our minds will never meet on this subject."
"If someone asks you why you're oppressing a world and you reply with a lot of poetic crap, no." - Lord of Light, Roger Zelazny
Faram
Bastard Operator from Hell

Post by Faram »

A friendly BUMP and a nudge to MarkS :D
[img=right]http://hem.bredband.net/b217293/warsaban.gif[/img]

"Either God wants to abolish evil, and cannot; or he can, but does not want to. ... If he wants to, but cannot, he is impotent. If he can, but does not want to, he is wicked. ... If, as they say, God can abolish evil, and God really wants to do it, why is there evil in the world?" -Epicurus

Fear is the mother of all gods.

Nature does all things spontaneously, by herself, without the meddling of the gods. -Lucretius
Spartan
Jedi Knight

Post by Spartan »

Congradulations MS I've not read a fanfic this good in a while.
"The enemy outnumbers us a paltry three to one. Good odds for any Greek...."

"Spartans. Ready your breakfast and eat hearty--For tonight we dine in hell!" ~ King Leonidas of Sparta.
Crown
NARF

Post by Crown »

Okay could people (other than Mark) stop doing that! It's getting my hopes up every time!
Soontir C'boath
SG-14: Fuck the Medic!
Location: Queens, NYC I DON'T FUCKING CARE IF MANHATTEN IS CONSIDERED NYC!! I'M IN IT ASSHOLE!!!

Post by Soontir C'boath »

I care about your story too. I love it and I can't wait for the next chappy. Sorry Crown lol

Cyaround,
Jason
I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in his stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Counciler or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate, who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who constantly says: "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I cannot agree with your methods of direct action"; who paternalistically believes he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by a mythical concept of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait for a "more convenient season."
Mark S
The Quiet One

Part 17

Post by Mark S »

Fear mixed with anger to well up in the dark corners of his being. It warmed him. It made him powerful.

On the other side of the Milky Way galaxy, that same power was fueling another. It filled her to the ends of her vast reaches, whispering the encouragement she wanted to hear. All of the voices that had tortured her would be silenced. She would engulf them all.

Destruction of epic proportions ravaged through the usual stillness of space as Mai-Men sent waves of her commandeered cubes against the object of her hatred. The Collective had adapted to her threat. They had severed themselves into smaller factions, cut themselves off from long range contact. She could no long overcome their pathetic, fragile minds as she came across them. They would pay none the less.

The single in the Collective would be found and they would all pay.

"You think you can hide from me by cutting yourself off," thousands of voices screamed with one mind. "You have no idea of the power you are dealing with. You will never know, not until I am tearing you apart with it."

A dozen Borg craft streaked through the ranks of a score more, slashing out with green rage. In a scene totally unheard of in the galaxy, cube was pitted against cube in a dance of incredible energy. Hull turned to vapour in long, writhing swathes. Ships exploded in miniature parodies of the uncaring stars hanging in the distance.

A trio of rogue cubes tore through the Collective's lines leaving a trail of superheated gas where solid matter once was. As well as the energy attacks, the roving ships were somehow rending huge shreds from their prey. There were no tractor beams at work, only the will of one girl split into thousands. The trio zeroed in on an arrant sphere and dove in like hounds on a rabbit.

The Borg sphere tried desperately to escape. Weaving through the convoluted maze of craft fighting in the blackness, it led its three pursuers directly into a waiting group of allies. The trio would be outnumbered two to one, odds were in the sphere's favour that it would escape the onslaught. Odds did not exist with the Force.

The three extensions of the ever-growing multi-entity barreled through, giving only a second's thought to anything in their path. Only enough time to send a few uncannily placed shots, crippling two in the blockade and sending three more to drift away in convulsive explosions. With lightning fast course changes, they were back on the scent of their prey.

As one, the trio closed on the orb. They had cornered it amongst a cloud of more rogue cubes and an almost impenetrable network of energy streams. As the cloud concentrated on its own battle, the dogged three concentrated on a show of force and a lesson the Borg would not forget. As the sphere was held in place by the mundane power of tractor beams, it slowly began to be crushed in on itself by something far more awesome. Conduits and bulkheads collapsed layer after layer as the Borg ship shrank smaller and smaller. All free space, all pockets of air disappeared under the crushing power of the Force. In the span of moments the craft, still an orb, had become a third of its former size. When the attention of the great malice was lifted from it, the broken sphere hung as dead testament. Thus was the power of the Dark Side.

A wave of Borg craft pulled back and around the main battle to attack their enemy in her flank. It was a weak spot, held from moving into the thick of the battle to provide protection for damaged ships behind the lines. She had been protecting these ships, these regenerating extensions of herself like she would have cradled a broken arm.

The Collective crashed into the defending line, raking their targets and sending massive chunks floating away into the void. As those pieces drifted lazily away, intense pain seared through Mai-Men's psyche. Each ship that was destroyed, each drone that's life was snuffed out was like a piece of her being torn away. Even the smallest hurt mocked her and sent her rage into a spiral. She could stand this playing about no more.

Deep within the bowls of the rogue cubes select covens of drones concentrated on their connection with the Force. Mai's connection with the Force. With invisible hands, the attacking Borg cubes were stopped dead in their paths. Sensors could not ascertain the meaning of this impairment, endless swirling debate from the collective came up with but one answer. It was imperative to assimilate the abilities of this enemy.

The once Jedi apprentice needed no connection to the Borg to hear these thoughts carried by the Force. She laughed and broadcast that laugh to all that would hear. "You still have no idea of what you're dealing with."

Mai-Men focused more of her energy on plucking her enemy out of their vectors, stopping more and more like insects in glue. Soon, the battle had ceased, space was a graveyard. The Collective could do nothing but wait and argue.

In moments the crazed Force wielder was beaming herself onto every cube, gathering new life for her growing mass. With each node she entered, with each alcove she invaded, she looked for one being. It was in an small, unassuming scout cube that her search finally came to an end.

Tens of thousands of such searches had turned up nothing. Even as she drew nearer and near to the center of Borg activity she was not rewarded. The frustration constantly grew inside her, pushing her on to the next fleet. Now, finally, the object of all of her hate was in her grasp. Finally she was showing herself.

The drone that stood alone before her was the most feminine she had come across yet. It oozed confidence. It was in total control.

"12 of 25, scout sensor group 27 of 30, scout cube group 115 of 200, have you returned to the Collective?" The Borg Queen, she could be no other, asked the question mockingly, knowing full well who she was talking to.

"You," Mai-Men growled. She raised her drone arms and struck out at the air. The walls around the Queen imploded with unbridled destruction.

The Borg smiled. "You can see how this wonderful power of yours has grown. It is because of US. Enough of this childish tantrum. Why are you trying to tear down my collective only to make your own? Rejoin with us. It would be an unstoppable unity that..."

Laughter cut the Borg off in mid speech. It was the sound of unabashed contempt. It was a sound that cut to the bone and rang through those connected to the Queen like steel on steel. The unremarkable looking drone held on to the joke as if nothing else mattered.

"Make a collective? You pathetic bitch. You know nothing of me do you? I have no use for you're collective. There is no collective for those that I consume! There is only me! I am all! I am everything!"

The Queen of the Borg smirked at the furry. The child showed her strained and weakened mind at every turn. Eventually she would stretch herself farther than she could handle. When that time came the Borg would be waiting.

"If only I could make you see what you are denying," the Borg stated in dismay. "If only you would let me teach you."

"You're not going to do much of anything any more," Mai-Men hissed. "And when I've devoured you, you're precious Collective will be all the easier to destroy."

The rogue drone advanced on the Queen, raising its mechanical arms. The Queen smiled. It was her turn to laugh. She mocked her enemy as it closed the gap and even exposed her neck as if waiting for a shot of medicine. A second later that medicine was injected in the form of billions of nanites. Their one priority, access the neural transceiver and reestablish a link with their original donar.

Mai-Men took great pleasure in seeping herself into every pore of the Queen's being. Not even this mighty leader of the great Borg Collective could with stand her will. The Dark Side fueled her hate and enhanced her power. It provided an irresistible force that crushed all thoughts not those of its willing subject's. As the Queen ceased to exist, Mai noted with annoyance that she hadn't even been Force sensitive.

The harvest of Borg had continued throughout the whole incident. Each cube and sphere intact enough to be of any worth was ravaged by the being once held in but one body. With each new acquisition, the speed of the operation increased. By the time Mai-Men had taken the Queen there was but one cube left to envelop.

She made her way through that last cube with almost a half heartedness. She had accomplished her will and now it was only a matter of finishing the job. The Force had served her well. Even now it was serving her, hissing in her mind that things were not over.

As always, it was right. In the very bowls of the cube, in the last chamber that was searched, the impossible stood proud and contemptuous. The Borg Queen laughed hideously at the look of shock that crossed the faces of the ten drones before her.

"Why Mai-Men," she sneered. "Are you surprised to see me?"

"She is completely consumed with anger and hate," the Jedi spoke into the dimly lite cabinet of her sleek, black space craft. "The Dark Side ripples out of her like a hyperbeacon."

"I guess it won't be too hard to find her than, will it." The voice reverberated from everywhere and nowhere with the soothing tones of an old friend.

Jenna looked up from her meditation into the glimmering figure of her departed master. His image glowed in the darkness with an ethereal light of its own but did nothing to push back the shadow. His presence warmed her. He would always be there to help.

"Finding her isn't what concerns me," the woman said, still remaining on both knees in her meditative position. "I question whether or not I will be able to confront her in the state that she's in."

"Than you'd rather allow her to continue her rampage? Perhaps when she's finished with the cyborg's she'll decide that the Jedi are also worthy of her attention." The specter of Luke sat down on the edge of a table and watched her, waiting for a response. He had always been so patient with her.

"I know, I know," Jenna replied. "I sense it too. She will come after us and devour us all to amplify her own power."

"Such is the way of the Dark Side."

"I will find a way to stop her."

"You always do, my apprentice. You always do."

The Jedi closed her eyes once more and reached out across the vast distances of space to connect with her young, wayward apprentice. "Mai-Men," she whispered into the lifeless void. "Hear me. Calm your thoughts. Control your emotions. You must hear me."

The soft, loving voice of her master echoed in Mai-Men's broken mind. The words shone out like the warm rays of spring sun. They healed her, they comforted her, the set some tiny ease to the shifting chaos that had become her being.

A smile spread across the faces of thousands of drones, even those drenched in the grey blood of the latest incarnation of the Borg Queen. The connection gave the girl pause. So it was true. It was as the Force had shown her. Her master was coming.

She is coming to help me, the girl thought. She is coming for the Borg as well. I will show her the power I have gained. She will be impressed. I will have the Collective destroyed when she arrives and will return home a hero.

Thoughts of the Borg swirled back into thoughts of the Queen. She would find the Queen. Make no mistake, the real Queen would kneel before her power no matter how many decoys were thrown again her. If the entire Collective had to be torn down one at a time, the Queen would be found and made to suffer.

"Let go of your hate," distant thoughts implored her. "This is not the way."

"It is the only way," she replied aloud in chorus. "There can be no peace with these cyborgs."

"This is not the way," the thoughts repeated.

The repetition echoed in Mai's brain. It reminded her of other thoughts that had not been her own. Other thoughts that had intruded on her and had been repeated until she could her nothing more, feel nothing more.

Anger for the long silent droning drowned out the calm urgings that whispered to her. It focused her thinly spread concentration into a dagger. A deadly blade pointed straight at the heart of Borg space. The image of Unimatrix 01 flashed into her mind. It mocked her, it spat in her face.

She could see them all there, gathering to confront her. She could feel the presence of the Queen. The real Queen would be there, directing it all. They knew she was coming for them and they meant to stand with every thing that they had. She would crush them all the same. In the end there could be only her.

Mai-Men unconsciously gathered her forces, herself, into a vast cloud. She was a nebula of metal and flesh. In unison the teeming mass of ships tore into their transwarp conduits and was gone.

Armada has entered transwap conduit 17 of 575
Estimated destination of Armada, Unimatrix 01
Delay arrival of Armada as long as able
Collapse transwarp conduits as necessary

Mai-Men switched into a connecting conduit seconds before the collapse of the first. She smiled at the tactic. It only served to slow her. They knew it, she felt, but they had no other options. It pleased her to feel them squirm. It pleased her to feel their fear grow.

The armada being traveled at maximum warp to the nearest conduit entrance leading in the correct direction and continued on her way. Again she sensed the inevitable collapse of the passage and existed at the very last possible escape route. Again she found the closest intersection and returned to her path. She would reach her destination with patients. All roads led to Unimatrix 01.

Invasion Armada continues to advance on Unimatrix 01
Gather all assets to Unimatrix 01
Destroy Armada as it emerges from transwarp conduit.

The Borg waited as more and more of their ships took up position around the central hub of their society. Tens of thousands of cubes trained their weapons on the conduit opening that would soon spill their enemy. They waited with a mechanical patience that showed no sign of tension, boredom, or unvigilance.

When the entrance of the conduit finally began spitting out the first of the invaders, the Borg were ready with their first attack. Cube after cube disappeared in fiery explosions that choked the exit point with debris. Soon, the tactic was working against its designers as the field of useless fragments inexplicably condensed into a field around the conduit.

It was enough of a barrier to let Mai-Men create the beginnings of a perimeter for her assault. With the Force she pushed the wreckage of herself together and forward against the Borg. As more of her arrived into space, she fired energy beams at the defenders in walls of unyielding death. Expanding further, she stretched herself into the lines of the enemy, mentally and physically, spreading chaos throughout the battlefield.

The perimeter around the conduit expanded steadily, even under the constant hail of Borg energy streams. Destroyed cubes would be quickly replaced by the incoming invaders, allowing five more to move out an into attack positions of their own. In time the defenders were forced to invest more of their fleet to keeping the invasion contained. There could be no failure in this.

This was not the only conduit gate with activity however. All around the looming form of Unimatrix 01, sleeping gateways flared to life to expel Borg ships rushing to the defense of the Collective. In a select few more, Mai-Men shot other, diverted cubes out like buckshot. The tangle of new arrivals from both sides immediately jumped into the fray. Entire fleets of ships were laid waste. Entire species that had been assimilated were wiped from even the shadow of existence they now possessed.

With a shockwave issued out by the Dark Side of the Force that sent ruined craft careening against the Borg lines, Mai-Men released her anger and let in sweep her away in a tsunami of unabashed power. As the last of her presence exited the faster than light pathways she had traveled, she pulled her vast greatness together into a monstrous, seething plum that dwarfed all around it. Unconsciously, the cloud soon took on the visage of the girl at its center.

The Borg seized the opportunity of their enemy's condensation to focus their attack and strike with all of their effort. They surrounded and closed in like a noose around the terrible head.

Roaring with venomous insanity, the massive face opened its mouth incredibly wide and lurched forward amid the constant salvos of its foe. Borg defenders were swept away by both the Force and green energy as the image flew on towards its waiting target. Cubes rushed in on Unimatrix 01, fire all the way, as Mai-Men bit into her prey like a rabid animal.

She was losing unprecedented numbers of her forces and writhing in pain for the effort. It would be worth it though. She could sense the diversionary display working on the Collective. They were taking advantage of her grouping and they focused on destroying as much of her as they could. They were not targeting her other, solitary cubes that had remained scattered. The cubes that were now making quickly and quietly for the same hub as the rest of the armada.

The girl scattered once more as her cosmic jaws pounded around Unimatrix 01. Fleets of her cubes broke away to attack the Borg anew and spread destruction through their newly reformed lines. Her ships moved with the agility of the Force, twisting and spinning in maneuvers that they were never designed to attempt. They sent the Collective reeling, never knowing whether to form up and attack or retreat.

She was carrying out three objectives now. On one front she pitted her strength against that of her enemy as she had been doing since she had taken over her first cube. Ships battled back and forth, creating pinwheels and spider webs of energy that withered anything that they touched. The Borg had the advantage of numbers in this but the power that the Dark Side gave her more than made up the difference. Even as the battle raged around all, she would send herself into her enemies ships and turn them to her own.

Her second course of action was to cut off the means of the Borg's reenforcement. She new that she could never hope to win the day if the shear numbers of the Collective were pitted against her. She had to prevent incoming cubes from reaching the battle. It would prevent the Queen from escaping as well. To that end, the invader send waves of ships against the openings of the transwarp conduits. One by one they were collapsed, even as those tunnels had been collapsed on her.

She wasn't being particular however. Each gate was washed away by Mai-Men's solid rage. Thousands of Borg cubes en route ceased to exist as cataclysmic blasts rippled down the pathways they traveled. Hundreds of other beings who had learned to use the tunnels in secret were lost to the galaxy just the same.

The third front that the battle took place on was of a much smaller scale. The Force wielder had commenced her invasion of the Borg nexus itself. Hundreds of her drones ranged through the immense hub, destroying or overpowering everything and everyone in their paths. Again, as it had been carried out on thousands of cubes before, her numbers grew exponentially as she progressed. This was only on a grander scale.

And as it had been on all of those other occasions, Mai-Men was searching for but on being. The one entity that had become the bane of her existence. The one being that was constantly eluding her. She knew the Queen would be here. This was the center of it all.

In a working center as uninteresting as all the others, the Queen stood waiting. She had the same false, reptilian smile that she had greeted the girl with on all of the other occasions. It infuriated the Mai to the depths of her soul.

"Still so smug," the girl asked with the masculine voice of the hulking drone before the leader of the Borg. Across the battlefield around the Unimatrix, the same words rang out on thousands of ships.

"I'm hurt that you think that, Child," the Borg mocked. "I have tried and tried to befriend you and show you the path to greatness and still you treat me thus."

"Path of greatness," the girl spat with contempt. "I am on the path of greatness! The only true path!"

The Queen shook her head and chuckled. "You really should get more control over your emotions. There are ways of calming and relaxation that you could learn."

"Brave words from you who is about to die," Mai-Men growled. "And you will die this time."

"You really believe that don't you." The Queen moved casually toward the drone before her. She stopped directly in front of it and laid a hand on its face. "I am destroying you out there. You are meaningless to me. You keep trying and trying but here I still stand. What makes you think now will be any different?"

Wrath twisted the drone's features as they had never seen before. Piping and conduit were ripped from the walls by the Force to spin and swirl around the pair. "This is the center of your society. You can't hide from me any longer. There will be no more decoys. There is no where else for you to run. I have you and now is the time for my revenge."

A cold, vile laugh issued from the Borg. It was the laugh of a shark hearing the pleas of its prey. "Stupid, stupid child," she chided. "You truly don't understand, do you?"

Mai-Men did nothing but send the flying debris crashing into the surrounding walls.

"You can't destroy me," the Queen continued. "Can't you figure it out?"

Anger began to rise further as the fear of failure crept into Mai's thoughts. Out in the void Borg cubes slammed into each other with terrible force. Billowing clouds of plasma consumed even more of the defenders.

"I will kill you." The girl barked the words as if demanding the outcome.

"You can't kill me, Child," came the snide reply. "I don't even exist."

"What?"

"I never existed." The Queen laughed again at the terror playing across her enemies face.

"What?"

"Yes," the Collective continued with one voice. "There is no Queen. There never was a Queen. I am a construct. I was created as a focal point for the feeble human mind."

"No!"

"Yes! There is no singular being in the Borg! There is no Queen! There is only the Collective!"

"No!"

The Borg laughed as they watched the girls rage boil over. "If you want to destroy me, Child, you will have to destroy all of us."

Mai-Men found a new level in her hate. It seemed to reach a plateau where all other though was swept away. There was only the path to the Borg's total annihilation. It was clear and it shone like a fire in the darkness. When she spoke it was with a calm, determined voice. A vicious sound that sent chills even through the uncaring Borg.

"So be it."

Lightning stretched out from the girl's drone to engulf the figure of the Queen and send it spinning to the back of the chamber. Out side, the same scene played out on a grander scale. Force lightning arced across the emptiness to crackle and jump from one cube to another. Borg stopped dead as they were hit. Whole lines of ships were sent to ruin by the horrendous power of the Force.
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Mmmm Fanfic
*First!

Now to read

*Edit Wow, Big-Fucking Psyho Trip by a Jedi there

(She sounds like Black-Mage on a bad Hat day)

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Crown
NARF

Post by Crown »

Woo Hoo! Mark posts!

Great Mark I love it!
Hendrake
Padawan Learner

Post by Hendrake »

Whoa! That's great! GREAT!
"It appears that our minds will never meet on this subject."
"If someone asks you why you're oppressing a world and you reply with a lot of poetic crap, no." - Lord of Light, Roger Zelazny
D.Turtle
Jedi Council Member

Post by D.Turtle »

*imagines force lightning destroying tens of thousands of cubes*

WOW
Mark S
The Quiet One

Post by Mark S »

So you didn't think the whole "giant roaring head" thing was a bit much?
Soontir C'boath
SG-14: Fuck the Medic!
Location: Queens, NYC I DON'T FUCKING CARE IF MANHATTEN IS CONSIDERED NYC!! I'M IN IT ASSHOLE!!!

Post by Soontir C'boath »

Kicked ass. I loved it.

Cyaround,
Jason
I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in his stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Counciler or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate, who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who constantly says: "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I cannot agree with your methods of direct action"; who paternalistically believes he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by a mythical concept of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait for a "more convenient season."
Xon
Sith Acolyte

Post by Xon »

I like how the Borg Queen is portrayed, as a mere construct design to allow the Borg to better interact with humans or other humaniods. Hopefully you dewussiy the borg more, otherwise they will not be much more than a 1 off plot event. Heck you have already stated Mai-Men doesnt have much of a hope against to full weight of the collective.

There was what? less than a thousand (non subverted)Borg in the last scene, given thousands of cubes were enroute, and those reinforcements would have stopped her(from how I'm reading it).

Borg drones + dark side = much kick ass 8)

Definitely one of the best ST & SW crossovers I have read. Star Crossed is also one of the best I have read. With the number of really good ST&SW crossovers I have read, I could probable count using both hands(perhapse 1 hand if I'm feeling critical). Both this fanfic & Star Crossed get included in my top 5.