common events in fan fics

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

Ace Pace
Hardware Lover

common events in fan fics

Post by Ace Pace »

Lets list some commen events in most fan fics :P

1) He who discovers a portal to another galaxy, shall be a main character
2) All females are hot looking
3) While having low tech, the federation officer shall allways have a smart gasp of tactics
4) The enterprise shall change from a sciencetific load out to a warship one in zero point three four six seconds

lets go on....
Brotherhood of the Bear | HAB | Mess | SDnet archivist |
Jason von Evil
Sol Badguy

Post by Jason von Evil »

They all end. Well, except for StarCrossed, that thing'll never end. Stravo III will be writing it and our great great grandkids will still be reading it. :D
"It was the hooker rationing that finally drove people over the edge." - Mike on coup in Thailand.
Comosicus
Keeper of the Lore

Post by Comosicus »

Aya wrote:They all end. Well, except for StarCrossed, that thing'll never end. Stravo III will be writing it and our great great grandkids will still be reading it. :D
This prooves that Starcrossed is not a fanfic, but a real saga :D
Not all Dacians died at Sarmizegetusa
Pablo Sanchez
Commissar

Post by Pablo Sanchez »

Comosicus wrote:This prooves that Starcrossed is not a fanfic, but a real saga :D
Or the equivalent of a 1920's half-penny serial...
"I am gravely disappointed. Again you have made me unleash my dogs of war."
--The Lord Humungus
Mark S
The Quiet One

Re: common events in fan fics

Post by Mark S »

Ace Pace wrote:Lets list some commen events in most fan fics :P

1) He who discovers a portal to another galaxy, shall be a main character
2) All females are hot looking
3) While having low tech, the federation officer shall allways have a smart gasp of tactics
4) The enterprise shall change from a sciencetific load out to a warship one in zero point three four six seconds

lets go on....
I think mine only fell to the last point. What do you know.
Writer's Guild 'Ghost in the Machine'/Decepticon 'Devastator'/BOTM 'Space Ape'/Justice League 'The Tick'
"The best part of 'believe' is the lie."
It's always the quiet ones.
Thag
Jedi Knight

Post by Thag »

I thought Fed ships were designed to do point #4 from the beginning.
"And the sign said, 'Anybody caught tresspassing, will be shot on sight.' So I jumped over the fence and yelled at the house, 'Hey! What -'" BAM*BAM*BAM*BAM*BAM
JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

Thag wrote:I thought Fed ships were designed to do point #4 from the beginning.
Yes and no. Starfleet's primary purpose is exploration, but defense and offense are just as important, though as compared to weapons on another warfaring race, say the Klingons, then you'll see than it is somewhat understaffed.
Col. Crackpot
That Obnoxious Guy

Post by Col. Crackpot »

the author introduces an uber wankship of unholy doom that eats defiants and shits sovereigns.
"This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we’ll be lucky to live through it.” -Tom Clancy
consequences
Homicidal Maniac

Post by consequences »

Col. Crackpot wrote:the author introduces an uber wankship of unholy doom that eats defiants and shits sovereigns.
An ISD? :)
darthdavid
Pathetic Attention Whore

Post by darthdavid »

consequences wrote:
Col. Crackpot wrote:the author introduces an uber wankship of unholy doom that eats defiants and shits sovereigns.
An ISD? :)
A tie defender?
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

ASVS fanfics only: Characters named after real people die in a horrible fashion, rather then being total mary sues....

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Peregrin Toker
Emperor's Hand

Post by Peregrin Toker »

The Yosemite Bear wrote:ASVS fanfics only: Characters named after real people die in a horrible fashion, rather then being total mary sues....
My fics only: Everyone have really weird names.
"Hi there, would you like to have a cookie?"

"No, actually I would HATE to have a cookie, you vapid waste of inedible flesh!"
Col. Crackpot
That Obnoxious Guy

Post by Col. Crackpot »

Peregrin Toker wrote:
The Yosemite Bear wrote:ASVS fanfics only: Characters named after real people die in a horrible fashion, rather then being total mary sues....
My fics only: Everyone have really weird names.
names that cannot be pronounced with human vocal cords a la H.P. Lovecraft.
"This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we’ll be lucky to live through it.” -Tom Clancy
Peregrin Toker
Emperor's Hand

Post by Peregrin Toker »

Col. Crackpot wrote:names that cannot be pronounced with human vocal cords a la H.P. Lovecraft.
Actually, I am capable of pronouncing even the most unintelligible Lovecraftisms.
"Hi there, would you like to have a cookie?"

"No, actually I would HATE to have a cookie, you vapid waste of inedible flesh!"
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Poor VADM Wong...

:D
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
Trogdor
Sith Devotee

Post by Trogdor »

Aya wrote:They all end. Well, except for StarCrossed, that thing'll never end. Stravo III will be writing it and our great great grandkids will still be reading it. :D
Ah, how I wish this were true.
"I want to mow down a bunch of motherfuckers with absurdly large weapons and relative impunity - preferably in and around a skyscraper. Then I want to fight a grim battle against the unlikely duo of the Terminator and Robocop. The last level should involve (but not be limited to) multiple robo-Hitlers and a gorillasaurus rex."--Uraniun235 on his ideal FPS game

"The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant compared to the power of the Force."--Darth Vader
spazkitten
Redshirt

Post by spazkitten »

Ha, that's me! I do that! Then of course I kill a bunch of other people. Dude, it's fun. It's like a drug! :wink:
5 X 5
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

Hey, I do that too. Just ask Aya and fgalkin. :D
JADAFETWA
Jason von Evil
Sol Badguy

Post by Jason von Evil »

Kuja wrote:
I'm still going to get you for that, my pretty, and your little dog, Cyran too! :P
"It was the hooker rationing that finally drove people over the edge." - Mike on coup in Thailand.
Captain Cyran
Psycho Mini-lop

Post by Captain Cyran »

Aya wrote:
Kuja wrote:
I'm still going to get you for that, my pretty, and your little dog, Cyran too! :P
Don't think I'm not watching you Aya... Little dog, I'll show you a little dog when I stuff one up your ass! Now bend over like your avatar is... I need to find a big enough dog.
Justice League, Super-Villain Carnage "Carnage Rules!" Cult of the Kitten Mew... The Black Mage with The Knife SD.Net Chronicler of the Past Bun Bun is my hero. The Official Verilonitis Vaccinator
Jason von Evil
Sol Badguy

Post by Jason von Evil »

Captain_Cyran wrote:
Aya wrote:
Kuja wrote: Hey, I do that too. Just ask Aya and fgalkin. :D
Don't think I'm not watching you Aya... Little dog, I'll show you a little dog when I stuff one up your ass! Now bend over like your avatar is... I need to find a big enough dog.
Tex isn't bending over in my avatar, she's sitting on a bench.
Sarevok
The Fearless One

Post by Sarevok »

One important rule in ASVS fanfics. Phasers are very effective against Imperial shields and warp strafing actualy works.
I have to tell you something everything I wrote above is a lie.