30%
Maybe
33%

Total votes: 30

CmdrWilkens
Emperor's Hand

Post by CmdrWilkens »

Dalton wrote:
aronkerkhof wrote:I'll touch Red Lobster, with a 50 gallon drum of gasoline and a box of matches. Anyway, this is new york fucking city. Is there nothing besides Red Lobster and TGIF and HRC in this joint? ;-)
With my limited knowledge? Maybe Gray's Papaya on 7th ;)

I'll try to scare up a few more restaurants in the Times Square area, but they'll probably be expensive as fuck unless you want to broaden the radius.
That's what I'm all for. times Square eating I've been there and done that but the prices are insane. We definately need to braoden the search radius.
SDNet World Nation: Wilkonia
Armourer of the WARWOLVES
ASVS Vet's Association (Class of 2000)
Former C.S. Strowbridge Gold Ego Award Winner
MEMBER of the Anti-PETA Anti-Facist LEAGUE

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. "
-Kingdom of Heaven
PrinceofLowLight
Jedi Knight

Post by PrinceofLowLight »

Olive Garden in Times Square isn't that expensive. Then again, there's something to be said for the various theater diners around TS. All of them are good and not too overpriced.
"Remember, being materialistic means never having to acknowledge your feelings"-Brent Sienna, PVP

"In the unlikely event of losing Pascal's Wager, I intend to saunter in to Judgement Day with a bookshelf full of grievances, a flaming sword of my own devising, and a serious attitude problem."- Rick Moen

SD.net Rangers: Chicks Dig It
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

So the general plan seems to be arrive Friday the 19th and see the movie/eat+do sighteeing/other stuff on Saturday the 20th?

If I can get off work on Friday the 19th (it's an 8-hour drive or so from Buffalo) and find a place to stay that isn't too pricey, I'd love to come.

EDIT: Took care of my irritating online grammar mistakes.
JADAFETWA
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

If the plan is come in 19...see movie on 20th(along with other things in between the two...most likely I'm catching a really early train). No sweat...just need to where stuff is going on persay.

Basically I leave 21st very early...so not to miss friend's birthday.
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete
aronkerkhof
Padawan Learner

Post by aronkerkhof »

Kuja wrote:So the general plan seems to be arrive Friday the 19th and see the movie/eat+do sighteeing/other stuff on Saturday the 20th?

If I can get off work on Friday the 19th (it's an 8-hour drive or so from Buffalo) and find a place to stay that isn't too pricey, I'd love to come.

EDIT: Took care of my irritating online grammar mistakes.
Don't know. I've got to talk it over with Rob and come up with something, that I'll post to the site. I was under the impression that Friday would be the dinner, meetup, etc, then Saturday would be the actual film watching. That way people who couldn't make it on Friday would still be able to horn in on the film watching. But whatever, we'll get some kind of consensus and post it on the site.
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

aronkerkhof wrote:Don't know. I've got to talk it over with Rob and come up with something, that I'll post to the site. I was under the impression that Friday would be the dinner, meetup, etc, then Saturday would be the actual film watching. That way people who couldn't make it on Friday would still be able to horn in on the film watching. But whatever, we'll get some kind of consensus and post it on the site.
As long as the get-together on Fri. isn't too early (IE: before mid-afternoon, no doubt) I'll be able to make it with time to spare. That, though, is assuming I'll be able to get the day off. But I'm confidant I'll be able to.
JADAFETWA
fgalkin
Carvin' Marvin

Post by fgalkin »

Ok, I have a suggestion: can one person buy all the tickets and then be reimbursed, rather than make everyone stand in line (and face the risk of not getting the ticket)?

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
aronkerkhof
Padawan Learner

Post by aronkerkhof »

fgalkin wrote:Ok, I have a suggestion: can one person buy all the tickets and then be reimbursed, rather than make everyone stand in line (and face the risk of not getting the ticket)?

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
Negative! That's just too much risk and hassel for one person to bear. We're going with a place that has on-line tickets. Rob and I will save your seat, but you have to get your own tickets in advance. I think this is the fairest for everyone involved.
fgalkin
Carvin' Marvin

Post by fgalkin »

aronkerkhof wrote:
fgalkin wrote:Ok, I have a suggestion: can one person buy all the tickets and then be reimbursed, rather than make everyone stand in line (and face the risk of not getting the ticket)?

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
Negative! That's just too much risk and hassel for one person to bear. We're going with a place that has on-line tickets. Rob and I will save your seat, but you have to get your own tickets in advance. I think this is the fairest for everyone involved.
Ok, then.

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
Hotfoot

Post by Hotfoot »

aronkerkhof wrote:

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
How about a mass emailing/PMing to everyone involved with a link to the online vendor so we all buy tickets at roughly the same time, ensuring that don't get a sold-out show and thus left-out SD.netters?
Do not meddle in the affairs of insomniacs, for they are cranky and can do things to you while you sleep.
The Realm of Confusion
"Every time you talk about Teal'c, I keep imagining Thor's ass. Thank you very much for that, you fucking fucker." -Marcao
SG-14: Because in some cases, "Recon" means "Blow up a fucking planet or die trying."
SilCore Wiki! Come take a look!
aronkerkhof
Padawan Learner

Post by aronkerkhof »

Hotfoot wrote:
aronkerkhof wrote:

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
How about a mass emailing/PMing to everyone involved with a link to the online vendor so we all buy tickets at roughly the same time, ensuring that don't get a sold-out show and thus left-out SD.netters?
Yeah, that is a distinct possibility. Most places sell tickets 30 days before the showing, so we're looking to get tickets on 11/19/03.
Soontir C'boath
SG-14: Fuck the Medic!
Location: Queens, NYC I DON'T FUCKING CARE IF MANHATTEN IS CONSIDERED NYC!! I'M IN IT ASSHOLE!!!

Post by Soontir C'boath »

Have we figured out a time to see the movie on Saturday?~Jason
I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in his stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Counciler or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate, who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who constantly says: "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I cannot agree with your methods of direct action"; who paternalistically believes he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by a mythical concept of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait for a "more convenient season."
aronkerkhof
Padawan Learner

Post by aronkerkhof »

No, because movie times haven't been released yet. In fact, since the running time hasn't been officially released, it would be impossible for theaters to schedule showing times right now. November 1 Rob and I will begin contact theaters to determine the exact showtime, but until then, what do you think, Rob? Mid afternoon? Closest to three o'clock we can get?
Soontir C'boath
Location: Queens, NYC I DON'T FUCKING CARE IF MANHATTEN IS CONSIDERED NYC!! I'M IN IT ASSHOLE!!!

Okay, it was a stupid question anyway. At the moment I thought I hadKaplan to worry about.....but we're doing this in Dec. :banghead:
I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in his stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Counciler or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate, who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who constantly says: "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I cannot agree with your methods of direct action"; who paternalistically believes he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by a mythical concept of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait for a "more convenient season."
Dalton
For Those About to Rock We Salute You

Post by Dalton »

aronkerkhof wrote:No, because movie times haven't been released yet. In fact, since the running time hasn't been officially released, it would be impossible for theaters to schedule showing times right now. November 1 Rob and I will begin contact theaters to determine the exact showtime, but until then, what do you think, Rob? Mid afternoon? Closest to three o'clock we can get?
Seems good, maybe try for matinee prices.
To Absent Friends
Dalton | Admin Smash | Knight of the Order of SDN

"y = mx + bro" - Surlethe
"You try THAT shit again, kid, and I will mod you. I will
mod you so hard, you'll wish I were Dalton." - Lagmonster

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.
CmdrWilkens
Emperor's Hand

Post by CmdrWilkens »

If its running time is clocking in around the 4hr predictions then we might be looking at at 3:30 - 4:00 show as the best possibility short of the typical 11-12 first showings.

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. "
-Kingdom of Heaven
aronkerkhof
Padawan Learner

Post by aronkerkhof »

I just updated the site.

http://www.galactec.com/neolith/content ... e=lotr-nyc

It has the latest plan information, including the revised dates, mention of the dinner, and a link to the HRC we're thinking of going to. That link has everything you'll possibly need to get your sorry carcass to that location.

As always, comments, suggestions, improvements welcome, and let me know if anything can be clarified. More info as we get it...
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

aronkerkhof wrote:As always, comments, suggestions, improvements welcome, and let me know if anything can be clarified. More info as we get it...
You can put me on the maybe list. I won't know for sure until my vacation day is approved.
JADAFETWA
aronkerkhof
Padawan Learner

Post by aronkerkhof »

Done. :-)
PrinceofLowLight
Jedi Knight

Post by PrinceofLowLight »

Tickets are currently being sold at a few locations. Just a headsup. http://www.moviefone.com/showtimes/movi ... 9&x=18&y=7
"Remember, being materialistic means never having to acknowledge your feelings"-Brent Sienna, PVP

"In the unlikely event of losing Pascal's Wager, I intend to saunter in to Judgement Day with a bookshelf full of grievances, a flaming sword of my own devising, and a serious attitude problem."- Rick Moen

SD.net Rangers: Chicks Dig It
fgalkin
Carvin' Marvin

Post by fgalkin »

What theater are we going to? It's time to decide, since the tickets are already on sale.

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
Dalton

Post by Dalton »

fgalkin wrote:What theater are we going to? It's time to decide, since the tickets are already on sale.
We're leaning towards Loews E-walk, which is on E. 34th street. Sadly, it doesn't look like there are any times available yet.
To Absent Friends

Dalton

Post by Dalton »

OK folks, looks like movie showtimes are beginning to become available. Check out Lordoftherings.net on the top right. The ZIP code is 10036, but tickets for Loews E-Walk aren't avaliable yet...?
To Absent Friends

Soontir C'boath

I'm not sure but is this theatre near NYU?~Jason
CmdrWilkens
Emperor's Hand

Post by CmdrWilkens »

Fandango.com lists the following ROTK show times for the 20th:

9:00 am
1:30 pm
6:10 pm
10:50 pm

I'm betting that we're looking at the 1:30 then eh?

-Kingdom of Heaven