Post by Gandalf »

Wow. They got Petraeus to make a cameo.

How... strange.
"Oh no, oh yeah, tell me how can it be so fair
That we dying younger hiding from the police man over there
Just for breathing in the air they wanna leave me in the chair
Electric shocking body rocking beat streeting me to death"

- A.B. Original, Report to the Mist

"I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."
- George Carlin
weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

Re: 2008 NFL Season Thread- The Road to Super Bowl XLIII

Post by weemadando »

OMFG - the Zebras made a call AGAINST Pittsburgh? This may be a game after all!

Bad news for me (and The Jester probably) - big thunderstorm rolling in. Which means Channel 10 (the most fritziest of channels) is probably going to drop out.
thejester
Jedi Council Member

Post by thejester »

The one coming from the Western District? It'll probably hit you before it hits me...I was about to brag that I've got Pay anyway but then realised it's satellite at home.

Massive play just then. TD pass knocked away and then a 5 yard penalty on top of it.
I love the smell of September in the morning. Once we got off at Richmond, walked up to the 'G, and there was no game on. Not one footballer in sight. But that cut grass smell, spring rain...it smelt like victory.

Dynamic. When [Kuznetsov] decided he was going to make a difference, he did it...Like Ovechkin...then you find out - he's with Washington too? You're kidding.
- Ron Wilson
weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

Post by weemadando »

Yeah, sounds like it's coming from the West. I've been getting some distortion, but it's held up so far. Unlike me. Fucking washing on the line had me scrambling - then I tripped and went down in the heavy rain with the washing staying in place, but the peg bucket going everywhere. I then managed to spill the pegs everywhere twice more before making it back the 5 metres to tbe back door.

Come on Warner! Lets do something!
Falkenhayn
Jedi Council Member

Post by Falkenhayn »

100 Yard Pick Six to James Harrison.
Many thanks! These darned computers always screw me up. I calculated my first death-toll using a hand-cranked adding machine (we actually calculated the average mortality in each city block individually). Ah, those were the days.
-Stuart
"Mix'em up. I'm tired of States' Rights."
-Gen. George Thomas, Union Army of the Cumberland
Count Chocula
Jedi Council Member
Location: You've asked me for my sacrifice, and I am winter born

Post by Count Chocula »

That was one hella return after the intercept, and one painful-ass looking head twist on the tackle. I bet he's out the rest of the game, but still gets MVP.

Bruce's halftime show simply kicked ass!
The only people who were safe were the legion; after one of their AT-ATs got painted dayglo pink with scarlet go faster stripes, they identified the perpetrators and exacted revenge. - Eleventh Century Remnant

Lord Monckton is my heeerrooo

"Yeah, well, fuck them. I never said I liked the Moros." - Shroom Man 777
starslayer
Jedi Knight

Post by starslayer »

That was roughing the passer? WTF?
Bilbo
Jedi Master

Post by Bilbo »

starslayer wrote:That was roughing the passer? WTF?
Looked a hell of a lot more like Intentional Grounding. I see the Zebras still love Pittsburg.
I KILL YOU!!!
Bilbo
Jedi Master

Post by Bilbo »

Zebra love is strong. That last penalty for roughing the holder was a joke. In the replay it was obvious from the replay from the guys windmilling arms that he was off-balance and had no control of his direction.
I KILL YOU!!!
Atavarius
Padawan Learner

Post by Atavarius »

Bilbo wrote:
starslayer wrote:That was roughing the passer? WTF?
Looked a hell of a lot more like Intentional Grounding. I see the Zebras still love Pittsburg.
PittsburgH.

Nice D by the Cards.
Medic
Sith Devotee

Post by Medic »

I missed the first half cause I really just didn't give a damn about this game and that looks justified. The pick 6 was a good play but it isn't much of a game, and they're throwing flags like it's going out of style.
Schuyler Colfax
Jedi Master

Post by Schuyler Colfax »

If I fucking here the phrase "unnecessary roughness" one more time.
Get some
thejester
Jedi Council Member

Post by thejester »

Jesus it's all happening. Graham puts them inside the 5 and now a safety to the Cardinals...close.
I love the smell of September in the morning. Once we got off at Richmond, walked up to the 'G, and there was no game on. Not one footballer in sight. But that cut grass smell, spring rain...it smelt like victory.

Dynamic. When [Kuznetsov] decided he was going to make a difference, he did it...Like Ovechkin...then you find out - he's with Washington too? You're kidding.
- Ron Wilson
Bilbo
Jedi Master

Post by Bilbo »

thejester wrote:Jesus it's all happening. Graham puts them inside the 5 and now a safety to the Cardinals...close.
Considering the fucking assault that the Steeler player got away with (he should have been ejected) the Cardinals bare minimum deserved a safety.
I KILL YOU!!!
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

Touchdown Cardinals!

Yes, rooting for Arizona. I have soft spots for the underdogs.
”A Radical is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air.” – Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

American Conservatism is about the exercise of personal responsibility without state interference in the lives of the citizenry..... unless, of course, it involves using the bludgeon of state power to suppress things Conservatives do not like.

DONALD J. TRUMP IS A SEDITIOUS TRAITOR AND MUST BE IMPEACHED
thejester
Jedi Council Member

Post by thejester »

CARDINALS! What a fucking play!

- Ron Wilson
Schuyler Colfax
Jedi Master

Unlike, my mom I have no attachment to either team. She's rooting for the Steelers and won't shut up now. It's moments like these that make me envy deaf people.
Get some
thejester
Jedi Council Member

Post by thejester »

Bilbo wrote:
thejester wrote:Jesus it's all happening. Graham puts them inside the 5 and now a safety to the Cardinals...close.
Considering the fucking assault that the Steeler player got away with (he should have been ejected) the Cardinals bare minimum deserved a safety.
As much as I'm going for the Cardinals, those rules are fucking soft. They're men wearing body armour, they can handle some shoving.

- Ron Wilson
weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

Post by weemadando »

Fuuuuuck.

Had power disconnected at my house from just into the 2nd... Only just got it back... This game looks fucking good. Glad I'm getting to see some of it.
Schuyler Colfax
Jedi Master

Oh shit, it all comes down to this.
Get some
starslayer
Jedi Knight

Post by starslayer »

FUCK! Warner fumbled, Steelers recover. This game's over, and Pittsburgh is the first to start the other hand.
thejester
Jedi Council Member

Post by thejester »

Fuck. Good effort from the Cardinals, guess it wasn't enough.

- Ron Wilson
weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

Post by weemadando »

Boo Hiss. But - Santonio Holmes - man of the match much?
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

Guess lightning can't strike twice (referring to last year, Giants over Pats).

It would've served the Steelers right if that game-winning drive had died because of a holding call. And I know I saw at least one case of a Steeler O-lineman with a fistful of red jersey.
”A Radical is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air.” – Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

American Conservatism is about the exercise of personal responsibility without state interference in the lives of the citizenry..... unless, of course, it involves using the bludgeon of state power to suppress things Conservatives do not like.

DONALD J. TRUMP IS A SEDITIOUS TRAITOR AND MUST BE IMPEACHED
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Great... now I have to listen to the office Pittsburgh fan being smug.

Of course, after a month of hearing him, I'd have LOVED to shove a Cardinal win in his face. *sigh*

That was still one of the best Superbowl games I've seen played, even if it was damn near literally 'won on Penalties'. :mrgreen:
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet