B5 planetkillers

SF: discuss futuristic sci-fi series, ideas, and crossovers.

Moderator: NecronLord

SirNitram
Rest in Peace, Black Mage

Post by SirNitram »

That leaves the question of why the Vorlons haven't smashed the Shadows, as the firepower of their PKer is so much higher than the Death Cloud.
Manic Progressive: A liberal who violently swings from anger at politicos to despondency over them.

Out Of Context theatre: Ron Paul has repeatedly said he's not a racist. - Destructinator XIII on why Ron Paul isn't racist.

Shadowy Overlord - BMs/Black Mage Monkey - BOTM/Jetfire - Cybertron's Finest/General Miscreant/ASVS/Supermoderator Emeritus

Debator Classification: Trollhunter
Khan Jackal Moreau
Redshirt

Post by Khan Jackal Moreau »

Well, that becomes "fan speculation".

You know. The reason we all hate each other.

I say because there is a "slug" involved. Shell. Bullet. You know. Cartridge. So they store them up and don't bring them out too often, but when they do, they go all out.

It's like having a few nukes, and facing a dispersed army. You can take out bunches, but you don't want to waste your resources. The Shadows took a different route, making a more usable, less powerful soluation.

Of course, that's "fan speculation". Don't hate.
Remember the Ringworld Builders, then ASK yourself if you want to use unqualified and unmodified terms from the source material. Then don't complain when I laugh about how the Ringworld Builders will kill you all.
Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

Post by Master of Ossus »

The point is that after the Shadows were beaten 1000 years ago, all the Vorlons would have needed to do was go out with their PKer and destroy Zha'Ha'Dum. They already hit the place with bio and chem weapons, so they could have been able to finish the job. Remember that the Shadows return to the same basic area of space first, so the Vorlons should have been able to PK all of those planets, unless you are saying that they were unable to do so with only 1000 years to build PKers.
"Sometimes I think you WANT us to fail." "Shut up, just shut up!" -Two Guys from Kabul

Latinum Star Recipient; Hacker's Cross Award Winner

"one soler flar can vapririze the planit or malt the nickl in lass than millasacit" -Bagara1000

"Happiness is just a Flaming Moe away."
Khan Jackal Moreau
Redshirt

Fan Speculation!

Post by Khan Jackal Moreau »

Fan Speculation! How I love it. Yes I do.

*cough*

Well, I can come up with many reasons.

No shells left for the big gun.

That big crazy "eye of zhahadum" thing that defended the planet. That was pretty crazy! I could come up with some powers for it, right? Since I'm already engaged in FAN SPECULATION!

Lorien lived there. Remember? The really powerful guy.

Wait. WAIT WAIT WAIT.

This was IN THE SERIES. I think somebody ASKED that question, and Lorien said "I lived there, fool, they weren't going to bother ME".

So there is your answer for THAT particular question. Lorien would have gotten angry. Since, as B5wars has stated, it would have blown his house into rubble.
Remember the Ringworld Builders, then ASK yourself if you want to use unqualified and unmodified terms from the source material. Then don't complain when I laugh about how the Ringworld Builders will kill you all.