World of Tanks Mark III

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

The Vortex Empire
Jedi Council Member

Re: World of Tanks Mark III

Post by The Vortex Empire »

Argosh wrote:Need to make some money, tier 5 tanks are expensive ... compared to lower tiers. 3k exp to go until T-34.
Playing the A-20? I'm sorry. If it's any consolation, the T-34 is a damn good tank and the Soviet medium line just gets better every step of the way.
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

T-34 is another tank I need to rebuy one of these days.

I'm debating going for it or the Type T-34 next in my Russian/Chinese Medium quest. Of course, the ST-1 still takes precedence...it and the million creds I still need to afford the darn thing.
SDNW5: Republic of Arcadia...Sweden in SPAAACE
The Vortex Empire
Jedi Council Member

Soviet meds > Chinese meds.
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

So I've heard. I'm mainly debating it since I have to get the Type T-34 anyway for Chinese tanks. They really need to expand the line in that regard.
Xess
Jedi Knight

Post by Xess »

So I got the SU-122-44 today as it was on sale. First game did about 2.5k damage. I fell in love with it then and there. Also had a great game in my VK 30.02 D where I did over 2k damage as well, ammo racked a Tiger for 1208 damage, twas awesome.
Image[
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

Skywalker_T-65 wrote:T-34 is another tank I need to rebuy one of these days.

I'm debating going for it or the Type T-34 next in my Russian/Chinese Medium quest. Of course, the ST-1 still takes precedence...it and the million creds I still need to afford the darn thing.
Type T-34 has a bit of an easier stock grind, but T-34 is a bit more versatile overall due to better gun depression.

(Did you not farm all the credits in the August special? I think I pulled about 6 million this month. I bought a tier 9, 2 7s, and 2 6s and still have the best part of 5mil left over, and that's running without premium)

T-34 can be a good little earner as well, because the 57mm ammo is so cheap and the DPM is really good. Teaches you all about the flanking as well, which is what Russian mediums shine at.
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

I took a break from playing and only got back in about a week ago. So I wasn't able to do the August Special. I technically do have enough for the ST-1, but I don't want to bankrupt myself, so I'm building up a surplus before I buy it.
Argosh
Jedi Knight

Post by Argosh »

The Vortex Empire wrote:Playing the A-20? I'm sorry. If it's any consolation, the T-34 is a damn good tank and the Soviet medium line just gets better every step of the way.
Nope, approaching from the other branch, grinding T-50. And I know T-34 is good, I think my father has even driven one IRL :D
--
Don't make me use uppercase...
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

Tier 7 mediums shouldn't have to carry tier 9 games....
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

Side note on something said yesterday-

I for one enjoyed the A-20, mostly because I used its absurd lunatic speed for ramming attacks.
This space dedicated to Vasily Arkhipov
Esquire
Jedi Council Member

Post by Esquire »

I didn't think it was worse than any other T4 light, never did understand all the hate it gets.
“Heroes are heroes because they are heroic in behavior, not because they won or lost.” Nassim Nicholas Taleb
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

It is worse than the other tier 4 lights. It has precisely one trick, it can go fast in a straight line. It's got shit view range, shit guns, poor manoverability, bleeds speed in turns, and is generally capable of exactly one thing, suiscouting. (cause even if you weren't trying to it's all but impossible to avoid).

The A-20 is so suiscout that the average WN7 for the tank is way lower than for most other tanks, because everyone suiscouts in it, even good players.
Nephtys
Sith Acolyte

Post by Nephtys »

A-20's a pain, because while it theoretically has good speed, it has terrible acceleration and bleeds hard on turns. Unlike the BT-2 and BT-7, which are superb and fast as hell. It's 'advantage' over those tanks is a gun that can't harm it's tier 4 opponents, (the 75), and extra armor... which won't stop any shots.

It really needs scout matchmaking removed.
Esquire
Jedi Council Member

Post by Esquire »

Hmm. Must have played it before I learned how to notice all the things it doesn't have...

Also, today I got four kills in an AMX 12 t. I am now resolved to never, ever let one of those get behind me, after seeing what it can do when used properly.
“Heroes are heroes because they are heroic in behavior, not because they won or lost.” Nassim Nicholas Taleb
The Vortex Empire
Jedi Council Member

You also can't exactly ram when 95% of enemies you run into weigh as much as 3 of you, having scout MM and all.

I don't really understand why scout MM even needs to exist, seeing as there are high tier lights now. Hell, in a high tier match I'd much rather have a medium for scouting since you actually have the capacity to fight as well.
Marko Dash
Jedi Knight

Post by Marko Dash »

the lights are the last class of tank to have non-standard MM, hopefully since the French and Chinese have tier tier lights now the other nations can get a few as well and we can drop the whole "scout" MM that makes some tanks such a PITA to grind through.
If a black-hawk flies over a light show and is not harmed, does that make it immune to lasers?
The Vortex Empire
Jedi Council Member

The idea of a WZ-131 that only sees up to tier 9 makes me salivate uncontrollably.
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

The Vortex Empire wrote:You also can't exactly ram when 95% of enemies you run into weigh as much as 3 of you, having scout MM and all.

I don't really understand why scout MM even needs to exist, seeing as there are high tier lights now. Hell, in a high tier match I'd much rather have a medium for scouting since you actually have the capacity to fight as well.
I was lucky, in that I only ever played public matches, and so my "suicide scouting" runs would occasionally end with me turning it into "kamikaze scouting" by smashing into an enemy self-propelled gun or something. That provided a certain batshit glory to the whole exercise, which made a good gameplay experience out of a bad tank.
This space dedicated to Vasily Arkhipov
Esquire
Jedi Council Member

Post by Esquire »

And again, 4 kills and a Reaper medal - in a light scout tank. I am so glad I bought the AMX 12 t.
Esquire
Jedi Council Member

Post by Esquire »

Also this:

Victory!
Battle: Ensk Sunday, September 01, 2013 3:58:21 PM
Vehicle: ARL 44
Experience received: 1,325
Credits received: 181,541
Battle Achievements: Top Gun, Sharpshooter, Master Gunner, Mastery Badge: "Ace Tanker"

It appears French tanks are a thing I can use now?
Marko Dash
Jedi Knight

Post by Marko Dash »

Boom bitches!

this game did not start out well, a enemy scout got through and we lost 4 tanks that stuck around the base before they killed the scout. upside to that was that the enemy were base camping like noobs.

I got all the way up to the windmill (in a slowass AT-7) before i started seeing enemy tanks. i didn't even stop to aim, the AT is so slow and has such good performance with the 17pdr that i was able to keep getting hits while moving.
If a black-hawk flies over a light show and is not harmed, does that make it immune to lasers?
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

HESH: It's what's for dinner.
HMS Sophia
Jedi Master

Post by HMS Sophia »

Even after the nerfs, arty can be king

Victory!
Battle: Himmelsdorf 03 September 2013 11:14:32
Vehicle: Loyd Gun Carriage
Experience received: 452
Credits received: 5,456
Battle Achievements: Reaper, Master Gunner, Mastery Badge: "Ace Tanker"

(5 kills, 2 damaged)
"Seriously though, every time I see something like this I think 'Ooo, I'm living in the future'. Unfortunately it increasingly looks like it's going to be a cyberpunkish dystopia, where the poor eat recycled shit and the rich eat the poor." Evilsoup, on the future

StarGazer, an experiment in RPG creation
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

I suspect that if high tier british arty ever becomes common, we will see a hell of a lot of qq about it from people used to the old arty meta, because it has high shell arcs and many previously "safe" places aren't safe from it.
The Vortex Empire
Jedi Council Member

Vendetta wrote:I suspect that if high tier british arty ever becomes common, we will see a hell of a lot of qq about it from people used to the old arty meta, because it has high shell arcs and many previously "safe" places aren't safe from it.
At least it won't be like the really old days. 9+ tier 8 arty per side every other match, those days were hell.