McCallum blurb: no SW HD disc for now, maybe not ever

PSW: discuss Star Wars without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

Uraniun235
Emperor's Hand

Post by Uraniun235 »

Mange wrote:
Uraniun235 wrote:Well, in the meantime, I imagine the HD cable channels will be happy to show such movies in high-def.

ROTJ in 720p screenshot
Nice, but perhaps a little more work is needed for a HD release (the matte lines really stands out).
Another Special Edition? The Super-Special "We Got It Right This Time, We Promise" Edition? :lol:

(They apparently thought it was good enough for theatrical release, and as Spanky notes, 35mm film has roughly four times the resolution of even full 1080p... and that screencap is mere 720p).
"There is no "taboo" on using nuclear weapons." -Julhelm
What is Project Zohar?
"On a serious note (well not really) I did sometimes jump in and rate nBSG episodes a '5' before the episode even aired or I saw it." - RogueIce explaining that episode ratings on SDN tv show threads are bunk
Darth Culator
Redshirt

Post by Darth Culator »

The films look nice in 1080i, but HD is a lot less forgiving on special effects than SD. That might be part of the reason they're hesitating.

But since they've been broadcasting them in HD on HBO and Cinemax in the US and Sky in the UK for months now, some people already have a copy of the trilogy in HD. If they think they're going to jerk me around with some DRM-laden download format or some overpriced box set that we have to wait years for, they can go fuck themselves.

Hypothetically speaking, of course. I have the utmost respect for copyright laws. :roll:
Wookieepedia:
We're better than the Holocron. Leland said so. But Karen Traviss still hates us.