Johnson & Johnson sues American Red Cross

N&P: Discuss governments, nations, politics and recent related news here.

Moderators: Alyrium Denryle, Edi, K. A. Pital

PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Keevan_Colton wrote: Yes, but if you go after a charity seeking punitive damages you are 100% definetly a fucking asshole, no if's or but's about it. They want MONEY from the red cross, not any kind of moral bullshit about trademarks and so on, they want CASH. The amount is undisclosed, but the fact they want punitive damages in itself makes them fucking shitheads, nevermind the rest of it.
Oh...I must've missed that. Yeah, no 'vibe' present here, just pure dickery. Especially since the Red Cross has an enormous amount of respect worldwide and is pretty much the charity, while J&J is just another corporation. Somehow, people respect charities more than companies...fancy that.
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Question: What-if here.

Lets say Bush via act of the voices in his head, picks up on this story and see's it as a good way to get a temporary point boost, so he steps in as the Red-Crosses defender. What could a president in theory do? With the power purely of the Presidence, IE using only executive orders and any part of the government he controls(IE the IRS, The Supreme Court ect)

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Norseman
Jedi Council Member

Post by Norseman »

Mr Bean wrote:Question: What-if here.

Lets say Bush via act of the voices in his head, picks up on this story and see's it as a good way to get a temporary point boost, so he steps in as the Red-Crosses defender. What could a president in theory do? With the power purely of the Presidence, IE using only executive orders and any part of the government he controls(IE the IRS, The Supreme Court ect)
Violation of the seperation of powers, very bad mojo.
Norseman's Fics the SD archive of my fics.
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Norseman wrote:
Violation of the seperation of powers, very bad mojo.
Greetings time traveler from 2000! I don't know if your aware of this, but our "new"(New for you that is time traveler!) President does not believe in such things.

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton