Marina and Amy's Pacific Coast Weekend (NOT 56k Safe).

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Lonestar wrote:
Shroom Man 777 wrote:I am an idiot :lol:
It's okay. They don't have much of a coastline in the Philippines, do they? :P
Nu-uh! No siree, neva seen dat much water in dem darned "o-sheans" in mah whole life, mang :P

[Fun fact: I am actually terrified of the water and was downright scared shitless when "touching down" after para-sailing :oops:]

[It was totally awesome though and totally worth the risk of having a shark leaping out of the water for my organ 8)]
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

The Duchess of Zeon wrote:
LadyTevar wrote:Marina? May I steal one or two of those for backgrounds on my Work Computer?

None with you or Amy in them, of course. Just the scenery
Surely! I'd have no problem with that at all.
*SavestoHD*
THANKS!!!!
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
The Duchess of Zeon
Gözde

Post by The Duchess of Zeon »

LadyTevar wrote:
LadyTevar wrote:Marina? May I steal one or two of those for backgrounds on my Work Computer?

None with you or Amy in them, of course. Just the scenery
Surely! I'd have no problem with that at all.
*SavestoHD*
THANKS!!!!
You're very welcome.
The threshold for inclusion in Wikipedia is verifiability, not truth. -- Wikipedia's No Original Research policy page.

In 1966 the Soviets find something on the dark side of the Moon. In 2104 they come back. -- Red Banner / White Star, a nBSG continuation story. Updated to Chapter 4.0 -- 14 January 2013.
Quadlok
Rabid Monkey

Post by Quadlok »

One of my cousins once spent an exciting night on top of that big sea stack on Ruby Beach. You can't see in the photos, but there are actually quite large drift logs on top of it, and he just about learned first hand how they got there when he decided to camp on a rock that is cut off from land except at extreme low tide in the middle of the winter storm season.
Adrian Laguna wrote:I wonder, is it safe to swim in those beaches? I imagine they are very cold, but a thermal suit should fix that, I'm concerned about things like rip tides, hidden rocks, and other underwater dangers. The water looks so peaceful, but when it comes to the sea you should never trust mere appearances. It would certainly be fun to frolic among those gentle waves if it's safe to do so.
All of the beaches on the Olympic peninsula feature at their trail heads a rather interesting illustration of two children fleeing in terror in front of an onrushing log, along with various warnings against the strong currents and tides and nasty rocks. And yes, the water is cold, usually around 50 degrees Fahrenheit, which will give you hypothermia pretty quick without some sort of protection.
Watch out, here comes a Spiderpig!

HAB, BOTM
Adrian Laguna
Sith Marauder

Post by Adrian Laguna »

Quadlok wrote:All of the beaches on the Olympic peninsula feature at their trail heads a rather interesting illustration of two children fleeing in terror in front of an onrushing log, along with various warnings against the strong currents and tides and nasty rocks.
Ah, that's unfortunate, it looks like such a nice place to splash into. I would be willing to face rocks if the wave action is weak, but no way I'm braving strong currents and ties.
And yes, the water is cold, usually around 50 degrees Fahrenheit, which will give you hypothermia pretty quick without some sort of protection.
That I could figure, as I said a thermal suit should fix it. The very best ones let you dive in Arctic waters.
NeoGoomba
Sith Devotee

Post by NeoGoomba »

The picture quality is TOO good for my taste. Without any blur or fading, or out of focus shots, how can pictures of (possibly) Bigfoot be seen bounding in and out of view (unless its not him). Which is a pity, since some of those pictures look like the perfect environment for him (unless he doesn't exist).
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it. Fifteen hundred years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the universe. Five hundred years ago, everybody knew the Earth was flat, and fifteen minutes ago, you knew that humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll know...tomorrow."
-Agent Kay
The Duchess of Zeon
Gözde

NeoGoomba wrote:The picture quality is TOO good for my taste. Without any blur or fading, or out of focus shots, how can pictures of (possibly) Bigfoot be seen bounding in and out of view (unless its not him). Which is a pity, since some of those pictures look like the perfect environment for him (unless he doesn't exist).
The region is so isolated that it does have its own subspecies of Elk, even.
The threshold for inclusion in Wikipedia is verifiability, not truth. -- Wikipedia's No Original Research policy page.

In 1966 the Soviets find something on the dark side of the Moon. In 2104 they come back. -- Red Banner / White Star, a nBSG continuation story. Updated to Chapter 4.0 -- 14 January 2013.
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

Those forest pictures are absolutely amazing.
I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"
The Duchess of Zeon
Gözde

Spanky The Dolphin wrote:Those forest pictures are absolutely amazing.
Why, thank you, Ye of Flatlands.

Melchior
Jedi Master

Post by Melchior »

The Duchess of Zeon wrote: (I also set it to .8 megapixels instead of 6.1 megapixels, the camera's full capability, to preserve storage life, as I have no storage cards, just internal memory, and I'd realized after leaving that I'd forgotten the transfer cord to my laptop, Grr).
Given the typical quality of sensors in consumer digital cameras, you didn't probably lose much on detail; the so-called megapixel race only increased noise.
Alferd Packer
Sith Marauder

Post by Alferd Packer »

I love the scenery of the West Coast. It's so fucking epic. I've never been that far north on the West Coast, but I have visited the Point Reyes National Seashore, among other places along the California coast.
"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance--that principle is contempt prior to investigation." -Herbert Spencer

"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain." - Schiller, Die Jungfrau von Orleans, III vi.
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

LadyTevar wrote:
The Duchess of Zeon wrote: Surely! I'd have no problem with that at all.
*SavestoHD*
THANKS!!!!
You're very welcome.
Just to let you know, my supervisor saw the pics of Cape Flattery I have on my work comp now, and wanted to know where she could get PRINTS for her WALL. :lol:
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
The Duchess of Zeon
Gözde

LadyTevar wrote:
LadyTevar wrote: *SavestoHD*
THANKS!!!!
You're very welcome.
Just to let you know, my supervisor saw the pics of Cape Flattery I have on my work comp now, and wanted to know where she could get PRINTS for her WALL. :lol:
You can tell her that she has permission from the photographer to print them out using a colour laser printer or something else of similar extremely high quality, on suitable artist's paper, if she wants to.