Cute Animals Popular on BBC News...

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Re: Cute Animals Popular on BBC News...

Post by Mr Bean »

Darth Wong wrote: No, he said he does not feel any desire to help human babies. That's more than a pet peeve: he's declaring that he's a malfunctioning human who is lacking in a fundamental trait that was/is necessary for the survival of the species.
He's not the only one. I lack that trait as well, personally all children look like old people to me I have no urge to coo over them or make kissy faces or any of the other 200 social approved responses to very young children. In fact I can't recall a single time I've seen some young child doing something and said aww cute.

I do feel sympathy for them, that part apparently works right. If I see for example a brand new cousin I met last Xmas trying oh so hard to get that stuffed rabbit which is just inchs out of his reach I did feel compelled to go over there and move it to where he could get it, but I had no emotional reaction. Does this mean I damaged or half working? :)

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
TithonusSyndrome
Sith Devotee

Re: Cute Animals Popular on BBC News...

Post by TithonusSyndrome »

Hang on a minute; when did I say that I had no desire to help infant children? I seem to recall noting that I found them obnoxious and that I think they're kind of alien-looking, hence the Nihilanth from Half-Life being modeled after one, but how that necessarily translates into "reacts with indifference to a suffering infant" and completely bypasses more mundane and likely explanations is beyond me.