Can't improve democracy while the Rent Is Too Damn High!

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Re: Can't improve democracy while the Rent Is Too Damn High!

Post by Darth Fanboy »

Bakustra wrote:Shocking news! Jimmy McMillan may not pay rent himself!

snip

Does that change anything? Jimmy doesn't say that HIS rent is too high. He made it a point in his speech at the debate to talk about families with children who are having problem putting food on the table while paying for a roof over their heads. His personal rent situation changes nothing about the message.
"If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say that the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little."
-George Carlin (1937-2008)

"Have some of you Americans actually seen Football? Of course there are 0-0 draws but that doesn't make them any less exciting."
-Dr Roberts, with quite possibly the dumbest thing ever said in 10 years of SDNet.
CaptainChewbacca
Browncoat Wookiee

Post by CaptainChewbacca »

If anything, he's living the way he advocates others live. It would be different if he owned a building and was charging outlandish rental rates to other folks, but he's not.
Stuart: The only problem is, I'm losing track of which universe I'm in.
You kinda look like Jesus. With a lightsaber.- Peregrin Toker
ImageImage
Bakustra
Sith Devotee

Post by Bakustra »

Darth Fanboy wrote:
Bakustra wrote:Shocking news! Jimmy McMillan may not pay rent himself!

snip

Does that change anything? Jimmy doesn't say that HIS rent is too high. He made it a point in his speech at the debate to talk about families with children who are having problem putting food on the table while paying for a roof over their heads. His personal rent situation changes nothing about the message.
The joke is that the New York Times actually printed that article. At least they had the decency to bury it in the inside pages, but still.
Invited by the new age, the elegant Sailor Neptune!
I mean, how often am I to enter a game of riddles with the author, where they challenge me with some strange and confusing and distracting device, and I'm supposed to unravel it and go "I SEE WHAT YOU DID THERE" and take great personal satisfaction and pride in our mutual cleverness?
- The Handle, from the TVTropes Forums