ST:X Warning (possible Spoiler

SWvST: the subject of the main site.

Moderator: Vympel

Ender
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ender »

No pics, and what we see in the trailer isn't that clear. Think a Centuari Vorchan cruiser, only grey and having alot more pointy sharp looking things at the brow.

For my assumpions, I used the TM PT and QT strengths, and assumed 63 MT (as it is the highest you can go and still be below the PT strength, even though phasers are nowhere near that strong) for type 10 phasers. This ended up wiht 252MT phasers on the Sovie. I used the torp count from the Neutral Zone of 250 Quantum and 250 Photon to figure it out. I then assumeed Romulan disruptors were equal to type 10 phasers and guessed at a full load of 300 Photons on the 2 warbirds. All totaled, and checked for only doing 30% shield damage, comes out to 301 GT and some change of damage absorbed.[/url]
بيرني كان سيفوز
Nuclear Navy Warwolf
in omnibus requiem quaesivi, et nusquam inveni nisi in angulo cum libro
ipsa scientia potestas est
Cpt_Frank
Official SD.Net Evil Warsie Asshole

Post by Cpt_Frank »

Indeed an extremely generous upper limit. But it will decrease when the movie comes out.
Supermod
Ender
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ender »

Cpt_Frank wrote:Indeed an extremely generous upper limit.
Yeah, I know. If I really wanted to be a cock about it, I'd scale up from the 500 GJ phase cannons and end up with about 245 KT for type 12 phasers and use the Pegasus torps for more KT levels.
But it will decrease when the movie comes out.
Yes, but it is so much more satisfying if you crush their dreams before reality does it for you, you know?
بيرني كان سيفوز
Nuclear Navy Warwolf
in omnibus requiem quaesivi, et nusquam inveni nisi in angulo cum libro
ipsa scientia potestas est
Vertigo1
Defender of the Night

Post by Vertigo1 »

Tsyroc wrote:
RedImperator wrote: And just to ram Brannon Braga's cock a little further up your bleeding, upturned asshole, Kate Mulgrew has a cameo as Admiral Janeway.
:shock: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

:x Couldn't they throw us a bone and show former captain Janeway in prison, or just sacked from Starfleet? Noooooooooooooo, every ST captain has to be as great as Kirk whether they earn it or not. :evil:

Oh yeah, the rest of the movie sounds pretty crappy too. :x
No, because feminists around the world would complain like they've never complained before.

Hey, maybe she'll die in this movie. :D Have a little faith my friend. With any luck, she'll die painfully. :)
"I once asked Rebecca to sing Happy Birthday to me during sex. That was funny, especially since I timed my thrusts to sync up with the words. And yes, it was my birthday." - Darth Wong

Leader of the SD.Net Gargoyle Clan | Spacebattles Firstone | Twitter
Robert Walper
Dishonest Resident Borg Fan-Whore

Post by Robert Walper »

WARNING: MAJOR SPOILER. READ NO FURTHER IF YOU WANT TO BE SURPRISED.

gkDat-sdf-hDj-iru-Datdfnb-Data-dies-aDiot-oui-Doul;q-dfhkjhbj-heDat-fgkk

I hid it somewhat so casual glance doesn't pick it, otherwise the warning of spoiler is useless. :)
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

WOOHOOO! if its true that is

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
VF5SS
Sith Devotee

Post by VF5SS »

Yes Data does die... in a very very contrived and pointless manner that will have the Trekkies tearing the seats from the floor and hurling it at the screen. Some of the fat ones will probably have a heart attack. Damn I should get a video of that and give it to tabloids. "WHEN TREKKIES ATTACK!" :twisted:
プロジェクトゾハルとは何ですか?
ロボットが好き。
TheDarkling
Sith Marauder

Post by TheDarkling »

The way it happens means that it has no worth whatsoever - its pointless and you have to wonder why its done.
Patrick Degan
Emperor's Hand

Sorry, but its horrifyingly true—

Post by Patrick Degan »

—Picard's Evil Clone™ Skippy is the central figure in the theatrical posters for Nemesis. This movie is shaping up to be about as bad as you can imagine.

I suggest putting a black band on your Starfleet combadges. We're going to a funeral this November.
Patrick Degan
Emperor's Hand

Oh yes, that's right—

Post by Patrick Degan »

—the Geniuses at Paramount have decided to put Nemesis up against Harry Potter And The Chamber Of Secrets and Lord Of The Rings: The Two Towers.

Looks like the Franchise will have to have a closed-casket funeral.
Isolder74
Official SD.Net Ace of Cakes

Re: Oh yes, that's right—

Post by Isolder74 »

Patrick Degan wrote:—the Geniuses at Paramount have decided to put Nemesis up against Harry Potter And The Chamber Of Secrets and Lord Of The Rings: The Two Towers.

Looks like the Franchise will have to have a closed-casket funeral.
true that's no contest. Trek will do terrible this winter. but they were smart enough to no go up against Star Wars
Hapan Battle Dragons Rule!
When you want peace prepare for war! --Confusious
That was disapointing ..Should we show this Federation how to build a ship so we may have worthy foes? Typhonis 1
The Prince of The Writer's Guild|HAB Spacewolf Tank General| God Bless America!
SPOOFE
Sith Devotee

Post by SPOOFE »

The way it happens means that it has no worth whatsoever - its pointless and you have to wonder why its done.
I know why it's being done... Brent Spiner asked it to happen. He's getting too old to play an android.
The Great and Malignant
TheDarkling
Sith Marauder

Post by TheDarkling »

I actually knew that but why leave the door open for his return? if he wants out then make the death actually have some value.
Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

Post by Master of Ossus »

VF5SS wrote:Yes Data does die... in a very very contrived and pointless manner that will have the Trekkies tearing the seats from the floor and hurling it at the screen. Some of the fat ones will probably have a heart attack. Damn I should get a video of that and give it to tabloids. "WHEN TREKKIES ATTACK!" :twisted:
Reminds me of how they killed the Enterprise D.
"Sometimes I think you WANT us to fail." "Shut up, just shut up!" -Two Guys from Kabul

Latinum Star Recipient; Hacker's Cross Award Winner

"one soler flar can vapririze the planit or malt the nickl in lass than millasacit" -Bagara1000

"Happiness is just a Flaming Moe away."
Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

TheDarkling wrote:I actually knew that but why leave the door open for his return? if he wants out then make the death actually have some value.
I completely agree. After saving the ship countless times, and after I watched him for so many years and considered him so highly among ST characters, for him to die pointlessly is an insult to everything Data stood for. Remember that the mere possibility of his death was enough to carry us from one season to another in one of their two-parters, if he is that important to the show then he should receive adequate treatment in death.
"Sometimes I think you WANT us to fail." "Shut up, just shut up!" -Two Guys from Kabul

"one soler flar can vapririze the planit or malt the nickl in lass than millasacit" -Bagara1000

starfury
Jedi Master

Post by starfury »

Why shouldn't B&B fuck up the Romulans? The Klingons recieved a species-wide lobotomy years ago, and Voyager very neatly *snip* *snip* cut the Borg's balls off. Enterprise is rapidly turning the aloof, logical, Vulcans into evil tyrants. The Romulans were always my favorite adversary. They were complex, arrogant, deceptive, and unpredictable--in other words, like humans before Roddenberry created TNG Man,
damm, they are finally going to ruin the Roumlans, they are my favorite trek race, Now I realize how good it is to leave ST years ago.
"a single death is a tragedy, a million deaths are a statistic"-Joseph Stalin

"No plan survives contact with the enemy"-Helmuth Von Moltke

"Women prefer stories about one person dying slowly. Men prefer stories of many people dying quickly."-Niles from Frasier.
VF5SS
Sith Devotee

Post by VF5SS »

Its all in good fun.
プロジェクトゾハルとは何ですか?
ロボットが好き。
Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

The Borg's emasculation in Voyager was neither neat nor quick. Rather, it was part of a systematic effort to destroy our fondest memories from TNG, and it had many complications along the way. Also, it did not appear to make much sense. None of the things they did to the Borg seemed either necessary nor logical. And if you need that many episodes to wussify the Borg, you must have shitty writers. As the guy writing firsttvdrama (the Enterprise part) says, "No, no, no, build UP the threat."

RedImperator
Roosevelt Republican

Post by RedImperator »

Is it possible that at some point in the future, new producers could take over and summarily declare everything that happened after the TOS era non-canon and start all over again?

"Yes, of course," say the flying pigs.

<sigh> I answered my own question, I suppose.
Any city gets what it admires, will pay for, and, ultimately, deserves…We want and deserve tin-can architecture in a tinhorn culture. And we will probably be judged not by the monuments we build but by those we have destroyed.--Ada Louise Huxtable, "Farewell to Penn Station", New York Times editorial, 30 October 1963
X-Ray Blues
Typhonis 1
Rabid Monkey Scientist
Location: deep within a secret cloning lab hidden in the brotherhood of the monkey thread

Post by Typhonis 1 »

What they need to do is set the series a bit farther in the future and kill off all of the TNG,DS9 and STV casrts and start anew in a Federation rebuilding from a devestatiing war with.....the Klingons
Brotherhood of the Bear Monkey Clonemaster , Anti Care Bears League,
Bureaucrat and BOFH of the HAB,
Skunk Works director of the Mecha Maniacs,
Black Mage,

I AM BACK! let the SCIENCE commence!
Shadowfyre
Redshirt

Post by Shadowfyre »

Wow! The movie is still months away and already people know that it sucks! Is this proof of precognition or what? :roll:

At least one of the B's (Braga) had nothing to do with this film.
...Now they will know why they are afraid of the dark. Now they will learn why they fear the night...
StarshipTitanic
Sith Marauder

Post by StarshipTitanic »

Someone leaked a script.
"Man's unfailing capacity to believe what he prefers to be true rather than what the evidence shows to be likely and possible has always astounded me...God has not been proven not to exist, therefore he must exist." -- Academician Prokhor Zakharov

"Hal grabs life by the balls and doesn't let you do that [to] hal."

"I hereby declare myself master of the known world."
Patrick Degan
Emperor's Hand

Precognition?

Post by Patrick Degan »

Shadowfyre wrote:Wow! The movie is still months away and already people know that it sucks! Is this proof of precognition or what? :roll:
Yesss... Everything is happening as I have forseen, my young apprentice. :twisted:
Isolder74
Official SD.Net Ace of Cakes

Post by Isolder74 »

StarshipTitanic wrote:Someone leaked a script.
maybe on purpose to throw us off
Hapan Battle Dragons Rule!
When you want peace prepare for war! --Confusious
That was disapointing ..Should we show this Federation how to build a ship so we may have worthy foes? Typhonis 1
The Prince of The Writer's Guild|HAB Spacewolf Tank General| God Bless America!
Tsyroc
Emperor's Hand

Post by Tsyroc »

Isolder74 wrote:
StarshipTitanic wrote:Someone leaked a script.
maybe on purpose to throw us off

A ha! The old "keep their expectations low" ploy.

The only problem is that they might discourage too many people from
actually even trying to watch the film. If they don't watch it they
can't be "pleasantly surprised" that their low expectations were exceeded.
By the pricking of my thumb,
Something wicked this way comes.
Open, locks,
Whoever knocks.