Tales from the front lines of the drug war!

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

HemlockGrey
Fucking Awesome

Post by HemlockGrey »

Wow, Enlightenment, you continue to prove the irony of your name. Guess my Muslim friend from school must be hellbent on blowing up the town, killing my Christian ass, and hero-worshipping Osama, eh?
The End of Suburbia
"If more cars are inevitable, must there not be roads for them to run on?"
-Robert Moses

"The Wire" is the best show in the history of television. Watch it today.
Enlightenment
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Enlightenment »

Cyril wrote:Guess my Muslim friend from school must be hellbent on blowing up the town, killing my Christian ass, and hero-worshipping Osama, eh?
The statement that Islam spends most of its religious energy in finding better ways to hate and kill does not equate to a statement that all Islamics are terrorists.

Nor is my handle intended to be suggestive of any beliefs whatsoever.
It's not my place in life to make people happy. Don't talk to me unless you're prepared to watch me slaughter cows you hold sacred. Don't talk to me unless you're prepared to have your basic assumptions challenged. If you want bunnies in light, talk to someone else.
Ironwolf
Redshirt

Post by Ironwolf »

I don't know much about the current state of the drug busts or war on drugs in the big citys. but I was in the Navy for 5 years as an aviation electronics tech on EP-3's and my last duty station in Jacksonville FL working on P-3's. The P-3 orions are first and formost a sub hunter. But the systems on that bird make them very adept (and for the last few years at least that I know of) at finding ship and low level aircraft drug runners coming up from Cuba and South America. I've seen more than a few FLIR (Forward Looking InfraRed) tapes of smuglers being spotted, taged and bagged. One of the last one's I saw before my departure was a capture of a full ton of coke (and not the kind you drink) on a scrab type boat and if the tapes were any indication, they didn't go quietly. I don't agree with the pressure that the cops get sometimes nor with dirty cops in particular, but I take my hat off to the ones that deserve it. It's not an easy job, especially in a city. We may not be doing great in the war on drugs, but it's nice to see a few victorys.
"You can run and get bit, or stand there and get bit. Either way, YOUR GETTING BIT!"

Post by Guest »

Islam is a peaceful religon, it's just a shame that fanatics has bastardised the teachings and made them look bad, one of the greatest ever americans was muslim and he refused to fight a war for anyone i am ofcourse talking about Ali the king of the world.

But is unfair to assume that because of a few fanatics all muslims/christians are foaming basket cases, they're not, just most of them