B5 First Ones info

SF: discuss futuristic sci-fi series, ideas, and crossovers.

Moderator: NecronLord

Nephilim
Youngling

Post by Nephilim »

Bob the Gunslinger wrote:Hmmm... I thought Lorien said the Shadows were the second oldest. Maybe he forgot about the Triad in his extreme old age?

And, Nephilim, I like the name.

Otah omer ivrit?

I sure don't.
According to the information in Wars of the Ancients, there are two kinds of First Ones. Transcendental First Ones and Hyper-Evolved First Ones. Transcendental First Ones are basically Lorien and the Triad. They were both born immortal and with all of their abilities to control the universe around them. Trancendental First Ones don't use technology because with their abilities they don't have the need for technology. They can create anything that they need with just a thought.

Hyper-Evolved First Ones are basically all of the other First Ones. They weren't born immortal, they weren't born with all of their abilities, they achieve it through technology and hyper-evolution over the course of millions of years. Out of all of these, the Shadows are the oldest, but not the most technologically advanced. The Walkers of Sigma 957 hold that distinction.

Thx for the props on the name :) As for the end... i have no idea what you said :p Is that German or what :lol:
Bob the Gunslinger
Has not forgotten the face of his father

Post by Bob the Gunslinger »

About the transcendental First Ones...
I did not know that.[/johnny carson]

And no, it's not German... :wink:
"Gunslinger indeed. Quick draw, Bob. Quick draw." --Count Chocula

"Unquestionably, Dr. Who is MUCH lighter in tone than WH40K. But then, I could argue the entirety of WWII was much lighter in tone than WH40K." --Broomstick

"This is ridiculous. I look like the Games Workshop version of a Jedi Knight." --Harry Dresden, Changes

"Like...are we canonical?" --Aaron Dembski-Bowden to Dan Abnett