Best of Punk Rock

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Tinkerbell
Jedi Master

Post by Tinkerbell »

Reagan Youth
Angry Samoans
Boomtown Rats
Devo (BEFORE WHIP IT CAME OUT)

Can't really go wrong with any of that.
Darth Wong wrote:The American "family values" agenda is simple: alter the world so that you can completely ignore your child and still be confident that he is receiving the same kind of Christian upbringing that you would give him if you weren't busy.
Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Post by Darth Fanboy »

Frank Hipper wrote:
Darth Fanboy wrote:When I was a senior in high school, I was in a class where one sophomore kid promptly stated that. "Wow, Green Day really was the first punk band." Not one bit of sarcasm. I promptly swatted him on the back of the hand and the next day brought in a burned CD with "Too Drunk to Fuck" and "MTV Get Off The Air"
I guarantee you I would have swatted him with the back of my hand.
True, but he was reaching for the stereo. Anyone that ignorant should not be given control of the communal source of music.

(ok ok you caught me Frank....damnit! too many samrt people on this board. :mrgreen:)
"If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say that the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little."
-George Carlin (1937-2008)

"Have some of you Americans actually seen Football? Of course there are 0-0 draws but that doesn't make them any less exciting."
-Dr Roberts, with quite possibly the dumbest thing ever said in 10 years of SDNet.
Peregrin Toker
Emperor's Hand

Post by Peregrin Toker »

The Cro-Mags - The Age of Quarrel
"Hi there, would you like to have a cookie?"

"No, actually I would HATE to have a cookie, you vapid waste of inedible flesh!"