Does anybody even care any more?

SWvST: the subject of the main site.

Moderator: Vympel

Does anyone care about ST vs SW debates anymore?

Yes
47%
No
35%
Huh?
18%

Total votes: 17

Asst. Asst. Lt. Cmdr. Smi
What Kind of Username is That?

Post by Asst. Asst. Lt. Cmdr. Smi »

With Nemesis coming out, rabid Trekkies will rise again, and SW vs. ST debating will be more active. And, with Episode III coming out in 2 1/2 years, more technical aspects and fuel for the sci-fi debating machine will come. SW vs. ST won't be over until everyone agress with each other on the topic.

There are still rabid Trekkies out there, and with Nemesis, they will all surface, and possibly, invade.
BotM: Just another monkey|HAB
Ender
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ender »

For a while I thought I had found some, then I realized that Pepito is just out to start shit, Virus is a know and defeated troll, and slobba is actually a warsie starting shit.

So I stopped going there. If they choose to come here, then I'll do something. Til then, I have better uses of my time.
بيرني كان سيفوز
Nuclear Navy Warwolf
in omnibus requiem quaesivi, et nusquam inveni nisi in angulo cum libro
ipsa scientia potestas est
Typhonis 1
Rabid Monkey Scientist
Location: deep within a secret cloning lab hidden in the brotherhood of the monkey thread

Post by Typhonis 1 »

The guys at the cross rp cantina dont use many book stats
Brotherhood of the Bear Monkey Clonemaster , Anti Care Bears League,
Bureaucrat and BOFH of the HAB,
Skunk Works director of the Mecha Maniacs,
Black Mage,

I AM BACK! let the SCIENCE commence!
ArmorPierce
Rabid Monkey
Location: Born and raised in Brooklyn, unfornately presently in Jersey

Post by ArmorPierce »

We' ll have to 'educate' a very much trekkie board. Maybe the board at StarTrek.com?
Brotherhood of the Monkey @( !.! )@
To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift. ~Steve Prefontaine
Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at an Elingsh uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht frist and lsat ltteer are in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by it slef but the wrod as a wlohe.
FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

What is the board like at Star Trek.com like?

A bunch of fanboys, smart people(unlikely), idiots(very likely), people with no time on their hands, or people deserving to win the Darwin award?
haas mark
Official SD.Net Insomniac

Post by haas mark »

FaxModem1 wrote:What is the board like at Star Trek.com like?

A bunch of fanboys, smart people(unlikely), idiots(very likely), people with no time on their hands, or people deserving to win the Darwin award?
Probably the latest.

And since I don't believe I've ever seen you before, *poke*
Robert-Conway.com | lunar sun | TotalEnigma.net

Hot Pants à la Zaia | BotM Lord Monkey Mod OOK!
SDNC | WG | GDC | ACPATHNTDWATGODW | GALE | ISARMA | CotK: [mew]

Formerly verilon

R.I.P. Eddie Guerrero, 09 October 1967 - 13 November 2005

Frank Hipper
Overfiend of the Superego

Post by Frank Hipper »

I care. Simply because I'm new to the whole thang. I ran accross D. Wong's main site back in late September looking for Star Destroyer pics in a fit of boredom. I had NO IDEA people were so into this . Previous experience in ST vs SW was a conversation with a friend about 4 years ago. We figured that since "lasers" were so ineffective............. :D
Life is all the eternity you get, use it wisely.
Sparkticus
Youngling

Post by Sparkticus »

Frank Hipper wrote:I care. Simply because I'm new to the whole thang. I ran accross D. Wong's main site back in late September looking for Star Destroyer pics in a fit of boredom. I had NO IDEA people were so into this . Previous experience in ST vs SW was a conversation with a friend about 4 years ago. We figured that since "lasers" were so ineffective............. :D
Er... Might wanna stop yourself there, Frank. Could open yourself up for a whole world of hurt, or worse yet, bring out all the TOWNMNBS quotes...
*shudders*
Now let us never talk of this again...
"That's just a vicious rumor started by my socks. It's their revenge for me using them to floss my asscrack." ---Chuck
Stalker in the Shadows - "I like to watch..."
Cult of the Kitten::[Mew] I AM evil, really...
Evil Sadistic Bastard
Hentai Tentacle Demon

Post by Evil Sadistic Bastard »

Sparkticus wrote:
Frank Hipper wrote:I care. Simply because I'm new to the whole thang. I ran accross D. Wong's main site back in late September looking for Star Destroyer pics in a fit of boredom. I had NO IDEA people were so into this . Previous experience in ST vs SW was a conversation with a friend about 4 years ago. We figured that since "lasers" were so ineffective............. :D
Er... Might wanna stop yourself there, Frank. Could open yourself up for a whole world of hurt, or worse yet, bring out all the TOWNMNBS quotes...
*shudders*
Mentioning lasers are useless will eventually bring a storm of flame, death and pokes down upon your head.
Believe in the sign of Hentai.

BotM - Hentai Tentacle Monkey/Warwolves - Evil-minded Medic/JL - Medical Jounin/Mecha Maniacs - Fuchikoma Grope Attack!/AYVB - Bloody Bastards.../GALE Force - Purveyor of Anal Justice/HAB - Combat Medical Orderly

Combat Medical Orderly(Also Nameless Test-tube Washer) : SD.Net Dept. of Biological Sciences
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

Besides Lasers is a cop out and hell ST:TNG own canon disputes this...funnily enough
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete
Frank Hipper
Overfiend of the Superego

Post by Frank Hipper »

Evil Sadistic Bastard wrote:
Sparkticus wrote:
*shudders*
Mentioning lasers are useless will eventually bring a storm of flame, death and pokes down upon your head.
Uhm, I thought the string of periods indicated I was joking. I consider myself, if not fully, at least much better informed than I was a few months ago. That statement refers to the dark, dark days before I saw the light of all the information that is available.
Life is all the eternity you get, use it wisely.
Enforcer Talen
Warlock

Post by Enforcer Talen »

-remembers not being into the debate at all, and being amazed at wongs site when he found it-
This day is Fantastic!
Myers Briggs: ENTJ
Political Compass: -3/-6
DOOMer WoW
"I really hate it when the guy you were pegging as Mr. Worst Case starts saying, "Oh, I was wrong, it's going to be much worse." " - Adrian Laguna
ArmorPierce
Rabid Monkey
Location: Born and raised in Brooklyn, unfornately presently in Jersey

Post by ArmorPierce »

FaxModem1 wrote:What is the board like at Star Trek.com like?

From what I've seen they're a bunch of people that talks about Star Trek and I've never seen them talking about Star Trek vs Star Wars so I wouldn't know what they think about it. But from what I've seen from guys like Master Q (one of the guys that you probably debate and is pretty smart actually) a lot of them would desperately defend Star Trek. My information might be outdated though since I haven't been there in like half a year.
Brotherhood of the Monkey @( !.! )@
To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift. ~Steve Prefontaine
Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at an Elingsh uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht frist and lsat ltteer are in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by it slef but the wrod as a wlohe.