Best/Worst: Cover/Samples/adaptations of Songs/Scores

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Einhander Sn0m4n
Insane Railgunner
Location: Louisiana... or Dagobah. You know, where Yoda lives.

Post by Einhander Sn0m4n »

Lord Pounder wrote:Johnny Cash - Hurt
I thought NIN covered Cash, not the other way around :)

Prodigy did a kickass cover of Jesus Jones' 'Zeroes and Ones'. I also love Godsmack's cover of 'Another Brick in the Wall', and Metallica's 'Turn the Page' rendition simply just PWNZ0RZ!
Spanky The Dolphin wrote:First, I don't think you should really use a source like Rotten.com.

Second, Dali wasn't the first artist to be a celebrity. That had been occuring for hundreds of years. I also specified the Avant-Garde and experimental art.

Warhol's actions did damage to the Avant-Garde, because he reduced it to commercial, popular art. Plus Dali actually had talent, while Warhol was a purposeless appropriating hack.

But whatever. I just hate Warhol's guts and am glad that he's dead. It's only a pitty that his earlier assassination attempt wasn't successful...
HemlockGrey wrote:Yeah, because avant-garde art was sooooo incredibly important and not at all a lot of self-important bullshit that popularizing it is a good reason to wish for someone's death. :roll:
Y'all two knock that shit off before I get Zaia in here. Now go get a room and kiss-and-make-up.

Trust me, you will be needing these...

Image Image
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

Ein, shut up.
I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"
Zaia
Inamorata

Post by Zaia »

Peregrin Toker wrote:I know this is a threadjack and something I have argued with you before,
Then don't fucking do it. Know why? Because, with just that little phrase, you've broken two board rules:
Official Board Policies wrote:Debating Rules
1. Do not "hijack" threads by trying to change the subject in mid-stream. We are aware that a discussion may meander into different tangents and even different subjects without any conscious effort to make it do so. However, there are times when, in the judgement of our staff, someone has deliberately ignored or tried to change the subject of a thread.

2. The "vendetta" rule: pursuant to the hijacking rule, do not "follow someone around" because you dislike him, hijacking threads in which he participates in order to carry on your feud with him. This particular form of hijacking is considered the least acceptable of all hijacking offenses.
So get a fucking clue and GET OVER IT. All of you.
"On the infrequent occasions when I have been called upon in a formal place to play the bongo drums, the introducer never seems to find it necessary to mention that I also do theoretical physics." -Richard Feynman