Which fanfics have you read here, and why?

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

Pick wrote: You flatter me :wink: :luv:. Now that my senior paper is done, and my senior art project is almost done, I can really get back to progressing that sucker (the 1-year time skip is imminent!) Once summer hits... :twisted:.

Good times ahead 8). Or Evil times ahead. Whatever. Fun times ahead!
Most excellent. Oh, and I've been recognised!
What is Project Zohar?

Here's to a certain mostly harmless nutcase.
Noble Ire
The Arbiter

Post by Noble Ire »

Quite enlightening, everyone. And I'm quite glad to see so many people are reading The Rift. :)

Another chapter should be along by the end of the week (writing the Federation bits is a bit more difficult than the SW or Halo ones, since I'm less familiar with the specific details of the universe).
The Rift
Stanislav Petrov- The man who saved the world
Hugh Thompson Jr.- A True American Hero
"In the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope." - President Barack Obama
"May fortune favor you, for your goals are the goals of the world." - Ancient Chall valediction
Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Post by Darth Fanboy »

Manifest Destiny and MDII
First Half of UPF before I hopped on board
Rebellion in Paradise
Starcrossed
Conquest and Reign of Terror by Wong (though i'm wondering now how RoT could have been done with a CIS battleship instead of an SD, but hey ;-))
Comosicus
Keeper of the Lore

Post by Comosicus »

I started with Wong's "Conquest", continued with Stravo's "Animatrix", then moved to "Starcrossed" and I've lost the track.
Not all Dacians died at Sarmizegetusa
l33telboi
Padawan Learner

Post by l33telboi »

I have to admit that i'm currently only following two fanfics.

The Rift (Which also got me to try my hand on a fanfic myself)
and
Derelict

I also read Best of Both worlds for a while, but as i don't really know anything about the Vong and the EU i kinda dropped that one. Too many characters i didn't recognize. It was a great fanfic though.
SirNitram
Rest in Peace, Black Mage

Post by SirNitram »

Well, this tells me I need to work harder, if the only one reading my screed is my wife. :wink:
Manic Progressive: A liberal who violently swings from anger at politicos to despondency over them.

Out Of Context theatre: Ron Paul has repeatedly said he's not a racist. - Destructinator XIII on why Ron Paul isn't racist.

Shadowy Overlord - BMs/Black Mage Monkey - BOTM/Jetfire - Cybertron's Finest/General Miscreant/ASVS/Supermoderator Emeritus

Debator Classification: Trollhunter
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

SirNitram wrote:Well, this tells me I need to work harder, if the only one reading my screed is my wife. :wink:
You just need to work harder - there must be more Nitram Fiction! Which almost rhymes, but not really. :)
What is Project Zohar?

Here's to a certain mostly harmless nutcase.
Johnathon_Chance
Youngling

Post by Johnathon_Chance »

A universe of Change
B5 lost in time
Blood of heroes
Evolutions
Judgement of Steel
Past Imperfect
STARCROSSED {WANT MORE Stravo!!!}
Storming the gates of Heaven
The Animatrix ( I think it really is Cain and Able)

The ruination war
Twilight war
and Universe of Change

I have aonther somewhere the is a BSG/Startrek cross, but dont remember the title.
I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.

Possum Lodge Member 2505162435
Karza
Jedi Knight

Post by Karza »

Shadows of the Night Redux (never read the original, so it's twice as good :) ) by Sonnenburg
Adventures of Don Wan Tu by Mr Coffee (anxiously waiting for more)
"Death before dishonour" they say, but how much dishonour are we talking about exactly? I mean, I can handle a lot. I could fellate a smurf if the alternative was death.
- Dylan Moran
Glocksman
Emperor's Hand

Post by Glocksman »

Over the years I've read an awful lot of the stories posted and generally enjoyed them all, though Mike's, Stravo's, Big Steve's and Happy Target's stories really stand out in my mind.
Of course the UPF stands out, but for different reasons. :twisted:

I do confess feeling a little envious of people who are creative and can write well, as despite my 720 verbal SAT score I can't write creative fiction at all and my nonfiction writing (such as letters to the editor or pieces for the union newsletter at work) is stilted at best.

Everyone keep up the good work so I can save money by not having to buy books. :lol:
"You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."- General Sir Charles Napier

Oderint dum metuant
Rogue 9
Scrapping TIEs since 1997

Post by Rogue 9 »

There's not a whole lot that I really read. The list of what I've read all the way through or will follow until it is done, and why, follows. Fics I've started reading and then lost interest in aren't included, and that's a significantly longer list.

Starcrossed: Because it's that damned good. I'm not one to fawn over authors, but Stravo rocks. I'd put him above a good deal of published novelists for storylines.

Since When Does Trouble Knock, Look What I Found Under a Rock, and With Justice for None by Imperial Overlord. He used/is using a character of mine for the last two, and I read the first to get caught up. Also, his writing is excellent, if very hard on the characters. :wink:

Battle of the Hymn by Knife, because its an interesting concept. And I was totally unaware that there was a sequel. *Goes to find.*

I once read Graham Kennedy's Portal all the way through, but that was for dissection purposes so I hardly think it counts. And then Tribun beat me to it, and did it better, so I never posted my criticism.

[Shameless plug] I read my own stuff as I write it. :P [/shameless plug]

Karsus Ascendant by Nitram, because I think it will be interesting to see how his fetish for the Netherese will play out in the fic. :P

Other than that, there's nothing I can really think of. I know I've read a few more, but I'll be damned if I can remember the titles.
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

As does just about every body I read most of Stravo's big fics.

Starcrossed
The Twilight War
Animatrix: Cain and Abel

Sonnenburg's Unity Saga. (the Two fics currently being updated are Shadows of the Night, Redux and Dawn of Forever)

Necronlord's SGA/TOS: Undiscovered Country

Chris O'Farrell's two fics SG-1: 2003 and SG/nBSG: Derelict

Any of Ford Prefect's The Logical World Stuff. (though I don't technically read them here)

Knife's fics: Rebellion in Paradise and Jedi Prophecy

And a scattering of other random fics that look good.