The Grand AcePace, Lonestar, and Shep meet-up.

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Master of Cards
Jedi Master

Post by Master of Cards »

Shinova wrote:91F hot? Bah, I tell you! Bah! T'was 111F around the Badlands in South Dakota. :D

And I'm not an Easterner so I don't really understand those humidity ratings, but most of the time I was going up and down the east coast the humidity rating was 80%. :?

Either way, all of that adds up to, Bah! :)

Now, that meet looks like it was some good fun. :) Is Ace Pace from Israel? I guess that explains the coke refill thing. although some places during my trip they didn't let you refill, apparently.
The amount of water vapor the air can hold
80% = 80% of water vapor capable of being held is
more the more likely raiin and stuff is (think it's bad there go to St Louis)
MKSheppard
Ruthless Genocidal Warmonger

Post by MKSheppard »

No pictures of the second meetup, which was rather short, due to Fritz being totally pooped from sitting in the backseat of the car in the heat; I had to keep the car running and the a/c on full blast for him.

So when Ace and his Parental Unit arrived, Fritz was in really no shape to play around.

I however did show Ace the MIGHTY PEACEMAKER, and gave him the books.

After the meetup was over, I took Fritz to the local McDonalds and fed him a vanilla ice cream sundae to cool him off
"If scientists and inventors who develop disease cures and useful technologies don't get lifetime royalties, I'd like to know what fucking rationale you have for some guy getting lifetime royalties for writing an episode of Full House." - Mike Wong

"The present air situation in the Pacific is entirely the result of fighting a fifth rate air power." - U.S. Navy Memo - 24 July 1944
Mrs Kendall
Sith Marauder

Post by Mrs Kendall »

...and fritz is? A dog I presume.
MKSheppard

Post by MKSheppard »

"If scientists and inventors who develop disease cures and useful technologies don't get lifetime royalties, I'd like to know what fucking rationale you have for some guy getting lifetime royalties for writing an episode of Full House." - Mike Wong

"The present air situation in the Pacific is entirely the result of fighting a fifth rate air power." - U.S. Navy Memo - 24 July 1944
Mrs Kendall
Sith Marauder

Post by Mrs Kendall »

Aww, all cuddly under a blanket :) That's cute :)

I hear people talking about hot weather and humidity in this thread... hay guyz check this out!!
Feels like 42 degrees with the humidity and 100% humidity over night!!
Now stop yer complainin' you weaklings :P
Ace Pace
Hardware Lover

Post by Ace Pace »

Shep, that was seriously nice of you giving me those books. I just shipped some 20 books back to Israel(keeping the Khan book with me, obviously), damn these suckers are heavy.
Brotherhood of the Bear | HAB | Mess | SDnet archivist |
CaptainChewbacca
Browncoat Wookiee

Post by CaptainChewbacca »

Its been said before, but it bears repeating; The scariest thing about Shep is how normal he looks.
Stuart: The only problem is, I'm losing track of which universe I'm in.
You kinda look like Jesus. With a lightsaber.- Peregrin Toker
ImageImage
Dennis Toy
BANNED

Post by Dennis Toy »

hey shep did you get any other DC pics? Did you visit the art museum on Independence and 7th Street? The Smithsonian Museum of Art or did you visit the Natural History Museum.
You wanna set an example Garak....Use him, Let him Die!!
Soontir C'boath
SG-14: Fuck the Medic!
Location: Queens, NYC I DON'T FUCKING CARE IF MANHATTEN IS CONSIDERED NYC!! I'M IN IT ASSHOLE!!!

Post by Soontir C'boath »

CaptainChewbacca wrote:Its been said before, but it bears repeating; The scariest thing about Shep is how normal he looks.
No kidding. The first look at his picture gave me the vibes that he's a young man who just married and had his first child.
I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in his stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Counciler or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate, who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who constantly says: "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I cannot agree with your methods of direct action"; who paternalistically believes he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by a mythical concept of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait for a "more convenient season."
Ubiquitous
Sith Devotee

Post by Ubiquitous »

'Parental Unit'

Ho ho ho! I'm going to have to use that one! :lol:
"I'm personally against seeing my pictures and statues in the streets - but it's what the people want." - Saparmurat Niyazov
"I'm not good in groups. It's difficult to work in a group when you're omnipotent." - Q
HAB Military Intelligence: Providing sexed-up dodgy dossiers for illegal invasions since 2003.
Ace Pace
Hardware Lover

Post by Ace Pace »

Dennis Toy wrote:hey shep did you get any other DC pics? Did you visit the art museum on Independence and 7th Street? The Smithsonian Museum of Art or did you visit the Natural History Museum.
We did air and space, america and natural history, as well as the washington monument and WW2 memorial.
Ubiquitous wrote:'Parental Unit'

Ho ho ho! I'm going to have to use that one! :lol:
I thought it was a commom term. Been using it for years. :?
MKSheppard

Post by MKSheppard »

Ace Pace wrote:Shep, that was seriously nice of you giving me those books.
OTW retains it's picture because it's so cool

Iron Eagle: The Turbulent Life of Curtis LeMay

Big Red

Wizards of Armaggeddon

Winged Victory

Clear the Bridge!

Shield of Faith: A Chronicle of Strategic Defense from Zeppelins to Star Wars
Last edited by MKSheppard on 2006-07-18 04:35pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zaia
Inamorata

Post by Zaia »

MKSheppard wrote:
Ace Pace wrote:Shep, that was seriously nice of you giving me those books.
<snip monstrous and superfluous images>
Shep, did you really have to post giant images of the books you gave Ace? I found that to be rather thoughtless and obnoxious.
"On the infrequent occasions when I have been called upon in a formal place to play the bongo drums, the introducer never seems to find it necessary to mention that I also do theoretical physics." -Richard Feynman
MKSheppard

Post by MKSheppard »

Zaia wrote:Shep, did you really have to post giant images of the books you gave Ace? I found that to be rather thoughtless and obnoxious.
Changed because Lonestar complained as well :P But On Thermonuclear War still stays up, because it's a low file size pic, and because it's cool.

Ace Pace
Hardware Lover

Post by Ace Pace »

OTW is definetly far too cool.
Ace Pace
Hardware Lover

Post by Ace Pace »

More pics!

Shep+Lonestar+Ace meetup in washington.

COmmie President Ace!

WW2 memorial
Instant Sunrise
Jedi Knight
Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Angeles del Río de Porciúncula

Post by Instant Sunrise »

When I saw that one pic, I couldn't help but laugh.

That's why.
Hi, I'm Liz.
SoS: NBA | GALE Force
Twitter
Tumblr
Ace Pace
Hardware Lover

Post by Ace Pace »

Uh...unlike your image filename, thats shep, not lonestar.