Star Crossed Fanfic

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

Trytostaydead
Sith Marauder

Post by Trytostaydead »

Stravo wrote:
Murazor wrote:Very good, although Palpatine's plot line has always had the least appeal for me. Even with Mitchell's backing him and the Death Star firing at full power, there should be survivors of those destroyed planets. Pissed survivors. I mean: Alderaan's royal palace survived the DS blast and some Metrons can't? This is the biggest problem I have had with this fanfic so far.

In other news, I will open a bottle of champagne the day you kill Jellico. The bastard is just a Trek Kinsey. One of those characters I love to hate.
In the attack on the Metrons I show that Palpatine follows up the Deathstar strike with a Force storm. It scatters the survivors to the winds, driving many mad because it not only attacks on a physical level but a 'spiritual' plane as well.

Its not as cut and dried as it seems in the story. There are survivors they're just not in any shape or sondition to do anything for now.

Poor Jellico - he's just trying to prosecute this war in a more disciplined military manner and he's getting no respect. :wink:
On the flip side, I wonder what Thrawn is going to do with Jerrod.
Trytostaydead
Sith Marauder

Post by Trytostaydead »

consequences wrote:Discipline ain't gonna win this one.

How Jellico expects to possibly carry of this coup is beyond me though. The only thing that springs to mind is S31, and I'd think they have more sense than to back a lost cause like that.
Whatever happened to the Shadow Fleet?
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

Trytostaydead wrote:

How Jellico expects to possibly carry of this coup is beyond me though. The only thing that springs to mind is S31, and I'd think they have more sense than to back a lost cause like that.
Thrawn attacked and destroyed most of it. Durrant's ubership was disabled and he commited suicide.
Nieztchean Uber-Amoeba
Sith Devotee

Post by Nieztchean Uber-Amoeba »

Crazedwraith wrote:
Trytostaydead wrote:

Thrawn attacked and destroyed most of it. Durrant's ubership was disabled and he commited suicide.
They did try to enact another project after some escaped... But WHAT?
El Moose Monstero
Moose Rebellion Ambassador
Location: The Cradle of the Rebellion... Oop Nowrrth, Like...

Post by El Moose Monstero »

Could you indulge me for a second please Stravo? Is the Death Star II fully structurally complete at this stage in the game or is it still in it's half skeletal form?

Looking at Dalton's DSII --> borg cube comparison map made me wonder whether we're going to see a starfighter run, an act of force or a high noon style quickdraw between the emperor's will and the Death Star.
"...a fountain of mirth, issuing forth from the penis of a cupid..." ~ Dalton / Winner of the 'Frank Hipper Most Horrific Drag EVAR' award - 2004 / The artist formerly known as The_Lumberjack.

Evil Brit Conspiracy: Token Moose Obsessed Kebab Munching Semi Geordie
darthdavid
Pathetic Attention Whore

Post by darthdavid »

The_Lumberjack wrote:Could you indulge me for a second please Stravo? Is the Death Star II fully structurally complete at this stage in the game or is it still in it's half skeletal form?

Looking at Dalton's DSII --> borg cube comparison map made me wonder whether we're going to see a starfighter run, an act of force or a high noon style quickdraw between the emperor's will and the Death Star.
I'm pretty sure it's half done. So, what I expect is for the E.W. to super laser it, taking out it's shields, and then for a starfighter run to happen destroying it.
Stravo
Official SD.Net Teller of Tales

Post by Stravo »

Yeah, the Death Star is at it was in ROTJ. They haven't had time to finish construction. Plus I just really like that look. Quick little trivia. When I saw the first publicity shots for ROTJ I thought the DSII was actually the DSI and that Luke's shot has only crippled her and not destroyed her. I thought the Empire was repairing her and the rebels had to take her out.

And my lips are sealed as to the ending battle. I mean maybe it won't even revolve around the Deathstar.
Wherever you go, there you are.

Ripped Shirt Monkey - BOTMWriter's Guild Cybertron's Finest Justice League
This updated sig brought to you by JME2
Jason von Evil
Sol Badguy

Post by Jason von Evil »

Do you ever plan on ending this thing, Strav? :)
"It was the hooker rationing that finally drove people over the edge." - Mike on coup in Thailand.
Dillon
Rabid Monkey

Post by Dillon »

Aya wrote:Do you ever plan on ending this thing, Strav? :)
You know, as much as I'm curious about how StarCrossed will end, I still sort of hope it never ends. Few things compare to how excited I get when I check my e-mail and see a topic reply notification for the StarCrossed thread in the Cleaned up fanfic forum.
Trogdor
Sith Devotee

Post by Trogdor »

SC is rushing toward endgame, that much is pretty clear. But with Stravo's first masterpiece completed, he can move onto his others, which is a good thing, despite the fact that the end of Starcrossed will indeed be bittersweet.
"I want to mow down a bunch of motherfuckers with absurdly large weapons and relative impunity - preferably in and around a skyscraper. Then I want to fight a grim battle against the unlikely duo of the Terminator and Robocop. The last level should involve (but not be limited to) multiple robo-Hitlers and a gorillasaurus rex."--Uraniun235 on his ideal FPS game

"The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant compared to the power of the Force."--Darth Vader
Comosicus
Keeper of the Lore

Post by Comosicus »

Murazor wrote:I mean: Alderaan's royal palace survived the DS blast and some Metrons can't?
Can anyone give me more details about that? I don't have access to any EU books and I'm pretty much in the dark in this matter.
Not all Dacians died at Sarmizegetusa
Murazor
Jedi Council Member

Post by Murazor »

Comosicus wrote:
Murazor wrote:I mean: Alderaan's royal palace survived the DS blast and some Metrons can't?
Can anyone give me more details about that? I don't have access to any EU books and I'm pretty much in the dark in this matter.
I think that this is from one of the comics. It is a pre-ESB story where rebels find among the debris previously known as Alderaan the royal palace. It seems that Bail Organa prepared for an orbital bombardment adding walls made of some ludicrous material. Leia and a few more go there looking for survivors, but (IIRC) find Imps that almost capture them. In the last minute, the only survivor shows up and gives them a Alderaanian frigate full of Clone Wars weaponry that allows them to escape from the Imps.
Comosicus
Keeper of the Lore

Post by Comosicus »

Murazor wrote: I think that this is from one of the comics. It is a pre-ESB story where rebels find among the debris previously known as Alderaan the royal palace. It seems that Bail Organa prepared for an orbital bombardment adding walls made of some ludicrous material. Leia and a few more go there looking for survivors, but (IIRC) find Imps that almost capture them. In the last minute, the only survivor shows up and gives them a Alderaanian frigate full of Clone Wars weaponry that allows them to escape from the Imps.

Thank you :wink:
John Chris
Youngling

Post by John Chris »

Ahh, excellent fanfic. Most excellent! I shall be looking forward to more!
brianeyci
Emperor's Hand

Post by brianeyci »

...We are Starfleet and we will be heard this day."
Fucking beautiful, I hope Kirk gets what he's fought so hard for... or a deserving death.

Brian
Trytostaydead
Sith Marauder

Post by Trytostaydead »

brianeyci wrote:
...We are Starfleet and we will be heard this day."
Fucking beautiful, I hope Kirk gets what he's fought so hard for... or a deserving death.

Brian
Hmm, remember the two visions Kirk was given near the beginning of the film? I wonder when that's all going to tie in.

Could it be that Kirk WILL put on an Imperial uniform? Excuse me, an IMPERIUM uniform serving in Luke's new empire in a pitched battle against the Imperials?
Pcm979
Rabid Monkey

Post by Pcm979 »

Woah, I didn't notice the new chapter. Good shit!
Darth Yoshi
Metroid

Post by Darth Yoshi »

Speaking of Section 31, what happened to that assassination plot involving the rifle that shot past walls?
Fragment of the Lord of Nightmares, release thy heavenly retribution. Blade of cold, black nothingness: become my power, become my body. Together, let us walk the path of destruction and smash even the souls of the Gods! RAGNA BLADE!
Lore Monkey | the Pichu-master™
Secularism—since AD 80
Av: Elika; Prince of Persia
Comosicus
Keeper of the Lore

Post by Comosicus »

Darth Yoshi wrote:Speaking of Section 31, what happened to that assassination plot involving the rifle that shot past walls?
Andare had no target, as Luke was not on Romulus anymore. I think will see some resolution to that soon.
Anarchist Bunny
Foul, Cruel, and Bad-Tempered Rodent

Post by Anarchist Bunny »

Darth Yoshi wrote:Speaking of Section 31, what happened to that assassination plot involving the rifle that shot past walls?
If you wanna talk about Section 31, what about the plan to take the Empire down with the rest of the Andor system?
//This Line Blank as of 7/15/07\\
Ornithology Subdirector: SD.net Dept. of Biological Sciences
Wiilite
Nieztchean Uber-Amoeba
Sith Devotee

Post by Nieztchean Uber-Amoeba »

Stravo, as a newly-crippled disabled person, I demand that you make a new chapter! I mean, think of the children! Will you please think of the children!
Pcm979
Rabid Monkey

Post by Pcm979 »

I second that, as a guy with the flu.
Kartr_Kana
Jedi Knight

Post by Kartr_Kana »

Trytostaydead wrote:
Stravo wrote:
Murazor wrote:Very good, although Palpatine's plot line has always had the least appeal for me. Even with Mitchell's backing him and the Death Star firing at full power, there should be survivors of those destroyed planets. Pissed survivors. I mean: Alderaan's royal palace survived the DS blast and some Metrons can't? This is the biggest problem I have had with this fanfic so far.

In other news, I will open a bottle of champagne the day you kill Jellico. The bastard is just a Trek Kinsey. One of those characters I love to hate.
In the attack on the Metrons I show that Palpatine follows up the Deathstar strike with a Force storm. It scatters the survivors to the winds, driving many mad because it not only attacks on a physical level but a 'spiritual' plane as well.

Its not as cut and dried as it seems in the story. There are survivors they're just not in any shape or sondition to do anything for now.

Poor Jellico - he's just trying to prosecute this war in a more disciplined military manner and he's getting no respect. :wink:
The Alderaanian palace did not survive, nothing on the entire planet of Alderaan survived.

I like it Stravo I have been reading the whole thing for sometime now and it does a really good job with star wars. Thx for that. And is this going to make it to the cleaned fanfics section?
Executor32
Jedi Council Member
Location: In a Georgia courtroom, watching a spectacle unfold

Post by Executor32 »

Ack! You bastard, making me think there was a new chapter! Bad bad, no treat! :evil: :wink:

Oh, and it's already in the cleaned fanfics section.
どうして?お前が夜に自身お触れるから。
Long ago in a distant land, I, Aku, the shape-shifting Master of Darkness, unleashed an unspeakable evil,
but a foolish samurai warrior wielding a magic sword stepped forth to oppose me. Before the final blow
was struck, I tore open a portal in time and flung him into the future, where my evil is law! Now, the fool
seeks to return to the past, and undo the future that is Aku...
-Aku, Master of Masters, Deliverer of Darkness, Shogun of Sorrow
Admiral Bravo
Padawan Learner

Post by Admiral Bravo »

Kartr_Kana wrote:
Trytostaydead wrote:
Stravo wrote: In the attack on the Metrons I show that Palpatine follows up the Deathstar strike with a Force storm. It scatters the survivors to the winds, driving many mad because it not only attacks on a physical level but a 'spiritual' plane as well.

The Alderaanian palace did not survive, nothing on the entire planet of Alderaan survived.

I like it Stravo I have been reading the whole thing for sometime now and it does a really good job with star wars. Thx for that. And is this going to make it to the cleaned fanfics section?
No, the palace did survive, at least some parts of it. Bail Organa fortified some sections of the palace and the underground section of the palace with mono-molecular plates to protect the royal family in case of a orbital bombardment.
"Just once I'd like to destroy a starship that we did'nt pay for!"- Imperial Admiral Hurkk at the Battle of Oovo IV

"Whats the last thing to go through an Imperial scout troopers head when he hits a tree? His afterburner."- joke told by rebel forces on Endor.