Let's Play: Star Wars Empire at War

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Jonen C
Youngling

Re: Let's Play: Star Wars Empire at War

Post by Jonen C »

I love being on the side that has got the big guns.
Slow and steady wins the race in the long run, at least on the ground.
Ask me not about space or air combat stratagems, I am just a ground pounder.
Varje meddelande om att motståndet skall uppges är falskt. - BOOM FOR THE BOOM GOD! LOOT FOR THE LOOT THRONE!

My mother taught me that it is the right of every woman to be seen, acknowledged, courted and proposed to at least once daily.
So, if you are reading this and you are a woman, will you marry me?
FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

I vote for removal of corruption. It'll cost us in the short term, but with the added income, it'll be worth it. Besides, if they can jump borders because of how corrupt a world is, all the better for us to keep it secure with no worry of sabotage or a rebellion.
Necromancer of Rath
Padawan Learner

Post by Necromancer of Rath »

I must agree here. At the very least cutting their options for entering our space without a battle would force them to reconsider any attacks or counterattacks in the future, as well as force them to reinvest in their corrupting activities. On the other hand, shooting someone in the face is also a good way to get them to stop being an idiot.
Agent Sorchus
Jedi Master

Post by Agent Sorchus »

I'll put my name down for an interdiction vessel named Tranquility or as a hapless TIE phantom pilot.

We should also focus on the wounded blood god followers to secure the initiative. Cleansing our worlds of corruption should be prioritized over building anything by combat replacements.
Last edited by Agent Sorchus on 2009-04-23 11:20pm, edited 1 time in total.
the engines cannae take any more cap'n
warp 9 to shroomland ~Dalton
Karmic Knight
Jedi Master

Post by Karmic Knight »

Wonderful, a new generation of gunboats, I look forward to seeing how they handle in the field, what with the moderate success of the Guardian.
This is an empty country and I am it's king, and I should not be allowed to touch anything.
Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crossroads Inc. »

From the desk of Lord High CEO Crossraods.
Shipless Captain.

"Regarding the recent acquisition of advanced gunboats and picket ships. It seems that now is the perfect opportunity to increase our most important core worlds with Anti fighter anti pirate support ships. The new line of Bayonet gunboats in conjunction with Escot Carriers will make an excellent small scale and relatively cheap defense force. I know the Empier is in dire need of resources, but even a small investment into such patrol ships should yield benefits.

After the battle of "ASVS" it has become clear that even the largest incursions into our space may defeat a planetary defense, but can never hope to hold it. under this light it seems the only things a defense force should be built force is anti fighter, anti pirate.

Additional, it seems the current HAB doctrine of "all big ships" seems to be working. With a string of victories using no ship smaller then a Destroyer, it sadly seems that the usefulness of strike ships and light destroyers may be at an end. That said I have no doubt such smaller ships will prove their worth in fleet engagements to come.

On a more personal note... It has been several engagements since the Retirement of the Studibaker and, as a 10 engagement veteran of the Empire, I humbly request a replace ship to command on the field of battle.

Captain Crossroads.
Praying is another way of doing nothing helpful
"Congratulations, you get a cookie. You almost got a fundamental English word correct." Pick
"Outlaw star has spaceships that punch eachother" Joviwan
Read "Tales From The Crossroads"!
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
White Haven
Sith Acolyte

Post by White Haven »

Captain White Haven would like to point out that whatever else it may find itself in need of, the Empire's spellchecking technology is in dire need of research if the recent communiques from certain naval officers are any indication. Perhaps our espionage efforts should be focused towards the Deathbots in the hopes that advanced AI routines can be enslaved into grammatical engines?
Chronological Incontinence: Time warps around the poster. The thread topic winks out of existence and reappears in 1d10 posts.

Out of Context Theatre, this week starring Darth Nostril.
-'If you really want to fuck with these idiots tell them that there is a vaccine for chemtrails.'

Fiction!: The Final War (Bolo/Lovecraft) (Ch 7 9/15/11), Living (D&D, Complete)Image
Samuel
Sith Marauder

Post by Samuel »

White Haven wrote:Captain White Haven would like to point out that whatever else it may find itself in need of, the Empire's spellchecking technology is in dire need of research if the recent communiques from certain naval officers are any indication. Perhaps our espionage efforts should be focused towards the Deathbots in the hopes that advanced AI routines can be enslaved into grammatical engines?
The Rationalist Empire is busy re-writing the dictionaries and, as such, their is no codified common dictionary. Your objection is noted though- errors should be consistent and switching between one form of writing and another indicates problems.
Additional, it seems the current HAB doctrine of "all big ships" seems to be working.
Until our enemies start building capital ship killers in bulk that is.
Necromancer of Rath
Padawan Learner

White Haven wrote:Captain White Haven would like to point out that whatever else it may find itself in need of, the Empire's spellchecking technology is in dire need of research if the recent communiques from certain naval officers are any indication. Perhaps our espionage efforts should be focused towards the Deathbots in the hopes that advanced AI routines can be enslaved into grammatical engines?
Captain Rath offers the rebuttal that as long as communications are generally understood and the proper orders get though, this is bloody low on the list of "Shit To Do". And as a secondary note, fuck the idea of using DEATHBots for anything other than target practice. Or perhaps for practice for spacing the more troublesome biological beings in the galaxy. Which, I suppose, could also go back into the idea of target practice.
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

If Captain Haven wishes to have a servile AI, he should order a Guri-bot. Way more fun and less likely to compromise our security.
Whoever says "education does not matter" can try ignorance
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Force Lord
Jedi Council Member

Post by Force Lord »

Can we build Death Stars? Barring that, Star Dreadnoughts?
An inhabitant from the Island of Cars.
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

We already have built two Star Drednoughts, so I would say we can in fact do so. :wink:
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Force Lord
Jedi Council Member

Post by Force Lord »

Damn, I meant Executors, Eclipses and Sovereigns.
Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crossroads Inc. »

you guys all suck, I get dyslexic on ONE spelling of "empire" and its a total gang up, shame on all of you!
Praying is another way of doing nothing helpful
"Congratulations, you get a cookie. You almost got a fundamental English word correct." Pick
"Outlaw star has spaceships that punch eachother" Joviwan
Read "Tales From The Crossroads"!
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
Force Lord
Jedi Council Member

Post by Force Lord »

Crossroads Inc. wrote:you guys all suck, I get dyslexic on ONE spelling of "empire" and its a total gang up, shame on all of you!
:wtf: Is there a problem?
Bluewolf
Dishonest Fucktard

Post by Bluewolf »

His ave is of a guy who kept falling back and running away.
Samuel
Sith Marauder

Post by Samuel »

Thanas wrote:If Captain Haven wishes to have a servile AI, he should order a Guri-bot. Way more fun and less likely to compromise our security.
Unfortunately I believe Guri is a Zhan hero. On the bright side, our forces are within liberation range of Ryloth.
Force Lord
Jedi Council Member

Post by Force Lord »

What is Ryloth worth? Free Twi'lek dances? :P
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Samuel wrote:
Thanas wrote:If Captain Haven wishes to have a servile AI, he should order a Guri-bot. Way more fun and less likely to compromise our security.
Unfortunately I believe Guri is a Zhan hero.
Created by imperial scientists...therefore rebuildable by us. :)
------------
------------
My LPs
Admiral Drason
Jedi Knight

Post by Admiral Drason »

After months of constent war our officers need good lap dances, how else can we keep up moral? :)
A truly wise man never plays leapfrog with a unicorn
So Say We All
Night Stalkers Don't Quit
HAB member
RIP Pegasus. You died like you lived, killing toasters
Starglider
Miles Dyson

Post by Starglider »

Thanas wrote:We already have built two Star Drednoughts, so I would say we can in fact do so. :wink:
Technically, we rebuilt and refurbished them. Even then the scale doesn't work, since you can't be able to do that and still only have a few hundred tanks in the whole Empire, but that's EaW for you.

Research into AI will bear further fruit shortly.
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

Force Lord wrote:What is Ryloth worth? Free Twi'lek dances? :P

Bonus hitpoints to all your soldiers (allegedly from the medical supplies). I guess we need our WHORES too.

Hey, put me down for your friendly neighborhood oversized guy whose something of a good cook/nerd/insane.....

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Necromancer of Rath
Padawan Learner

Crossroads Inc. wrote:you guys all suck, I get dyslexic on ONE spelling of "empire" and its a total gang up, shame on all of you!
Whoa there, I was pointing out that spelling and/or grammar errors are towards the bottom of the fixing list. Didn't even know who did it.
Bluewolf
Dishonest Fucktard

Post by Bluewolf »

"If the time arises I would request a Guri HMR droid for myself please." :)
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Captain Thanas is making a list of those who requested a Guri Bot and will remember those who support him in battle. If he survives, there will be free Guri copies for everybody who did.
Those who do not will also get free Guris, however they might not have a certain protocol removed.
------------
------------
My LPs