Galaxy vs Challenger class Star Ship

PST: discuss Star Trek without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

Howedar
Emperor's Thumb

Post by Howedar »

Alyeska wrote:
Howedar wrote:
Alyeska wrote:Furthermore, the Borg are full of shit with this statement. We know that the warpod Nebula exists and is more powerful then the Galaxy.
They're wrong because... we know they're wrong?

You have got to be shitting me.
The Borg are full of shit because their statement is invalidated by facts we have at hand.
By all means, present these facts. Explain why we know for a fact that the Nebula generates as much power as a GCS. Explain how we are absolutely 100% sure that the Nebula devotes as much power to combat systems as a GCS. By all means, present canon proof that all the torpedo-like things on a warpod Nebula are not only torpedo launchers, but Galaxy-standard burst launchers.

Frankly you ain't got shit except a lot of (fairly reasonable) assumption and inference. That doesn't stand real well against an explicit statement from the show.
Howedar is no longer here. Need to talk to him? Talk to Pick.
Alyeska
Federation Ambassador

Post by Alyeska »

Howedar wrote:By all means, present these facts. Explain why we know for a fact that the Nebula generates as much power as a GCS. Explain how we are absolutely 100% sure that the Nebula devotes as much power to combat systems as a GCS. By all means, present canon proof that all the torpedo-like things on a warpod Nebula are not only torpedo launchers, but Galaxy-standard burst launchers.

Frankly you ain't got shit except a lot of (fairly reasonable) assumption and inference. That doesn't stand real well against an explicit statement from the show.
Fine, the Borg's statement is invalidated by the logical assumptions made about the Galaxy and the visuals evidence we have about the Nebula. Though if you want to get real technical we can use Happy's comment and point out the warpod Nebula didn't come into existance until after BOBW. That satisfies the issue of the NCS vs GCS as well as the Borg comment.
"If the facts are on your side, pound on the facts. If the law is on your side, pound on the law. If neither is on your side, pound on the table."

"The captain claimed our people violated a 4,000 year old treaty forbidding us to develop hyperspace technology. Extermination of our planet was the consequence. The subject did not survive interrogation."
Howedar
Emperor's Thumb

Post by Howedar »

Alyeska wrote:Fine, the Borg's statement is invalidated by the logical assumptions made about the Galaxy and the visuals evidence we have about the Nebula.
No Alyeska, you weren't paying attention. You said you had FACTS. I want FACTS. I don't want assumptions.
Though if you want to get real technical we can use Happy's comment and point out the warpod Nebula didn't come into existance until after BOBW. That satisfies the issue of the NCS vs GCS as well as the Borg comment.
Please provide evidence that the Nebula with warpod did not come out until after BOBW, bearing in mind that the Federation encountered the Borg over a year prior.
Alyeska
Federation Ambassador

Post by Alyeska »

Howedar wrote:
Alyeska wrote:Fine, the Borg's statement is invalidated by the logical assumptions made about the Galaxy and the visuals evidence we have about the Nebula.
No Alyeska, you weren't paying attention. You said you had FACTS. I want FACTS. I don't want assumptions.
Though if you want to get real technical we can use Happy's comment and point out the warpod Nebula didn't come into existance until after BOBW. That satisfies the issue of the NCS vs GCS as well as the Borg comment.
Please provide evidence that the Nebula with warpod did not come out until after BOBW, bearing in mind that the Federation encountered the Borg over a year prior.
Care to make up your mind? In one response you seem to be asking me for a concession, then when you responded to my concession your looking like you support my earlier statements?

Yes, I concede that there is no stated or concrete visual evidence to comfirm the existance of said Warpod capabilities or Nebula capabilities. However given visual similarities and using known capabilities of the counterpart to the Nebula one can logicaly infer the Nebula's capabilities.

Now as to your second response. To me your making a complete roundabout in your side. Do we know that the Warpod Nebula does or doesn't exist before BOBW? We do not. The Defiant program indicates a likelyhood of the Warpod concept being started after the Borg encounter, but we have no direct evidence that it was fielded in time for BOBW. This leaves us with the Borg statement. One can infer that the Warpod program was not finished in time for use or that it was sufficently secret (for example the Defiant program) that the Borg's sources would indicate that the Galaxy was the most powerful ship class in existance.

Do these answers satisfy you Howedar?
"If the facts are on your side, pound on the facts. If the law is on your side, pound on the law. If neither is on your side, pound on the table."

"The captain claimed our people violated a 4,000 year old treaty forbidding us to develop hyperspace technology. Extermination of our planet was the consequence. The subject did not survive interrogation."
Howedar
Emperor's Thumb

Post by Howedar »

So you admit that this statement:
Alyeska wrote:The Borg are full of shit because their statement is invalidated by facts we have at hand.
is flat-out false. That's all I was looking for.