Reason for a jedi doudle-bladed saber?

PSW: discuss Star Wars without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

Vicious
Jedi Knight

Post by Vicious »

Does the momentum really matter when you're using a weapon that can kill instantly with a light touch?
Indeed momentum would matter when someone is blocking your attacks. The greater your momentum, and thus the power of the swing, the harder it is to block it without having your own saber being moved out of the way.
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

Stark wrote:I want a light naginata - if I got the name right, thats 3 feet of grip, 3 feet of blade.
Actually, a naginata is usually a 1-2 foot blade on a 5-6 foot staff, sort of a halberd-ish weapon.

There is a smaller related weapon called a nagamaki, which fits more with what you describe. It resembled a long-handled sword, with the blade (2-3 feet) and handle (3-4 feet) each making up about half of total length.
I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"
Stark
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stark »

I think naginata is what I was thinking of : I just got the proportions wrong.

Quick question. Since materials can be made that are slightly sabre resistant, could you make a staff that could survive light deflection or feathering of lightsabre blades?
Vicious
Jedi Knight

Post by Vicious »

Could underlay a cortosis weave on a Vibroblade. That's what they do in the KOTOR games, and as long as the blade isn't entirely cortosis, it should be perfectly functional.
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

Stark wrote:I think naginata is what I was thinking of : I just got the proportions wrong.

Quick question. Since materials can be made that are slightly sabre resistant, could you make a staff that could survive light deflection or feathering of lightsabre blades?
KOTOR blades seem to have some kind protection against lightsabers(a pissed of Jedi with a personal deflector is bad for you).
I may be an idiot, but I'm a tolerated idiot
"I think you completely missed the point of sigs. They're supposed to be completely homegrown in the fertile hydroponics lab of your mind, dried in your closet, rolled, and smoked...
Oh wait, that's marijuana..."Einhander Sn0m4n
Slartibartfast
Emperor's Hand

Post by Slartibartfast »

Lord Revan wrote:
Stark wrote:I think naginata is what I was thinking of : I just got the proportions wrong.

KOTOR blades seem to have some kind protection against lightsabers(a pissed of Jedi with a personal deflector is bad for you).
Yeah but that was just so they could turn Star Wars into D&D.