The "WEB DESIGN" thread

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

haas mark
Official SD.Net Insomniac

Post by haas mark »

A few quick things. :)

Click! And then Click again!
Robert-Conway.com | lunar sun | TotalEnigma.net

Hot Pants à la Zaia | BotM Lord Monkey Mod OOK!
SDNC | WG | GDC | ACPATHNTDWATGODW | GALE | ISARMA | CotK: [mew]

Formerly verilon

R.I.P. Eddie Guerrero, 09 October 1967 - 13 November 2005

Comosicus
Keeper of the Lore

Post by Comosicus »

haas mark wrote:A few quick things. :)

Click! And then Click again!

The first one looks very good.

The second one ... I think that the menu could use some extra work. Personally I don't like the way it behaves on hover: the font-size changing cause the entire menu to "dance". If you insist on using that effect, you could encapsulate each link into a container large enought so that it doesn't enlarge when one hovers the links.
Not all Dacians died at Sarmizegetusa
haas mark

Post by haas mark »

Yes, I know I need to work on that little thing right there. Egh, can't be buggered right now because I'm working on this - which is completely done in divs! :D ...well the main page and the main iframe page are, anyway, since I still need to go through all the other pages and fix them to the new CSS styles.

[ EDIT ] I fixed up everything to the new CSS style and it's now live on the main site. And there's not a single table in the entire layout! Yay!

Formerly verilon

Jon
Jedi Council Member

Post by Jon »

Hmm, well I currently maintain two websites, so I'll... show em off

STOnet <-- of which I am particularly proud of the forum skin, even if it is half assed.

and

SOTFnet

Comments on colourschemes in particular welcome :D
Comosicus
Keeper of the Lore

Post by Comosicus »

Jon wrote:Hmm, well I currently maintain two websites, so I'll... show em off

STOnet <-- of which I am particularly proud of the forum skin, even if it is half assed.

and

SOTFnet

Comments on colourschemes in particular welcome :D
I find them pretty balanced. If you made them, congratulations.
Rye
To Mega Therion

Post by Rye »

Well, I've recently started remaking my site, and have got a template for the average page. I'm going for a dark, cold but stylish and honest simple presentation.

I know the links don't work, I've not made the other pages, yet. :P
EBC|Fucking Metal|Artist|Androgynous Sexfiend|Gozer Kvltist|
Listen to my music! http://www.soundclick.com/nihilanth
"America is, now, the most powerful and economically prosperous nation in the country." - Master of Ossus
SoX
Padawan Learner

Post by SoX »

my website Whiteskies has been running for almost 5 years now and has had 3 Hosts, 2 Domain hosts but still the one name. It has been through countless redesigns, at the moment I'm going for the very simple HTML view but with some very nice and pretty PHP coding (all done by myself) at the back. I am particularly proud of the gallery scripts which I did msyelf.
"groovy" - Ash, Evil Dead 2.
"no prizes for guessing 'the colour of the grass on the otherside' or the time on the moon" - Either Nick, Rye or Tony.
"your pills your grass your tits your ass"
" i pitty teh poor foo's that have to suffer Troy's anti-plan field"
"Escaped mental patients make better lovers" - Graffiti near Uni.
Comosicus
Keeper of the Lore

Post by Comosicus »

SoX wrote:my website Whiteskies has been running for almost 5 years now and has had 3 Hosts, 2 Domain hosts but still the one name. It has been through countless redesigns, at the moment I'm going for the very simple HTML view but with some very nice and pretty PHP coding (all done by myself) at the back. I am particularly proud of the gallery scripts which I did msyelf.
Not bad, although it looks a bit too dark for my taste.
haas mark

Post by haas mark »

Having a few quick problems.

In my browser at home, iframes work fine. However, on this computer, no matter whether I use Firefox or IE, the code (as the browser sees it) gets changed to this kind of thing:

Code: Select all

<div id="iframe"><adv    src="main.htm" scrolling="auto" name="main" width="100%" height="100%" frameborder="no"></bug   ></div>
And yes, I'm aware that frameborder should be set to "0" but I'll fix that when I get home. Anyone know why this is?

Formerly verilon

His Divine Shadow
Commence Primary Ignition

Post by His Divine Shadow »

Why not, here's the site for the company I work with:
www.spadealers.fi

The swedish section is the most comprehensive, english and german are lite versions only, the german menu is CSS based, I planned to replace the DHTML menus with that one but I haven't gotten around to it, there's always something else todo and stuff that the boss wants changed and added and so on, I think the site does have glitches, not that I've seen them but I feel like I do not really have time to debug all this because I keep having other things piled on me.

So let me know if you find a bug or something.
Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who did not.
SoX
Padawan Learner

Post by SoX »

I plan to add a skinning facility to whiteskies, but it would be simple stylesheet switching, same layout. Also the gallery is a work constantly in progress. I was thinking earlier it might be easier to database all the images and call them from the database rather than the file, but it would mean making a whole new upload script which I cant be arsed doing atm. It would make it easier to add "Prev" "Next" buttons and to add albums and catagories aswell as comments on each image.
"groovy" - Ash, Evil Dead 2.
"no prizes for guessing 'the colour of the grass on the otherside' or the time on the moon" - Either Nick, Rye or Tony.
"your pills your grass your tits your ass"
" i pitty teh poor foo's that have to suffer Troy's anti-plan field"
"Escaped mental patients make better lovers" - Graffiti near Uni.
Comosicus
Keeper of the Lore

Post by Comosicus »

I have two more mockups for a site redesign. The target site deals with landscaping and exterior design. The two layouts are here and here.

Personally, I like better the second one, but I have to wait for the client to decide.
Comosicus
Keeper of the Lore

Post by Comosicus »

Here is a layout mockup I made for a client on http://www.rentacoder.com. He asked for something like this template monster page, but with a split view (both outside and underwater) and related to webhosting. There are also some extra animation features he required, but those should come only in the flash file (if I ever get to do it, considering the fact that he offered a very low price and I asked for more). :mrgreen:
Comosicus
Keeper of the Lore

Post by Comosicus »

It's been a long time since I've placed anything in this thread. So here's a mockup template for a law office firm. A lot of content is missing, as my outsourcer will place it herselft. Not too much fancy stuff, as she's doing that as a favor to her lawyer and, as such, the budget is pretty limited. No reason to struggle myself for more. :twisted:

Soon I'll also have something to display from what I've done at my job since July.
Dooey Jo
Sith Devotee

Post by Dooey Jo »

*wise from your gwave*

I finally got around to getting my own webpage, and I finished the article system today (sorta, just have to add image uploading functions), so I can show it now. Of course, there's just one article there right now, but I'll get more done soon enough. I hope... :lol:

Well, here it is, anyway:
nightlyninjas.net
The best page in the universe 8)
(yes, I used images in the design this time. But only a few very small ones)

Is the colour scheme alright? I planned to use a black, red and green scheme at first (you can see that on the front page there), but there are so many dark pages already so I decided to do something different. Personally, I like it quite a bit. Looks so much happier :D
Of course, maybe dark colour would have suited an organisation called "Nocturnal Ninjas" better, but well if you read some of those slogans, or whatever they're, called you'll notice that this isn't all that serious...
"Nippon ichi, bitches! Boing-boing."
Mai smote the demonic fires of heck...

Faker Ninjas invented ninjitsu
Pu-239
Sith Marauder

Post by Pu-239 »

viking.gmu.edu

ah.....the path to happiness is revision of dreams and not fulfillment... -SWPIGWANG
Sufficient Googling is indistinguishable from knowledge -somebody
Anything worth the cost of a missile, which can be located on the battlefield, will be shot at with missiles. If the US military is involved, then things, which are not worth the cost if a missile will also be shot at with missiles. -Sea Skimmer

George Bush makes freedom sound like a giant robot that breaks down a lot. -Darth Raptor