BREAKING NEWS ONLY

N&P: Discuss governments, nations, politics and recent related news here.

Moderators: Alyrium Denryle, Edi, K. A. Pital

Vympel
Spetsnaz
Spetsnaz

Post by Vympel »

Peter Arnett has been promptly hired by the UK Daily Mirror after being fired by MSNBC.
Like Legend of Galactic Heroes? Please contribute to http://gineipaedia.com/
Admiral Valdemar
Outside Context Problem

Post by Admiral Valdemar »

Vympel wrote:Peter Arnett has been promptly hired by the UK Daily Mirror after being fired by MSNBC.
Ah, stupid companies think alike.

Anyway, Joint Helicopter Command just wasted a load of armour, several bunkers and two key command vehicles with Lynx gunships from the Army Air Corp.

A Spartan IFV from the Queen's Dragoon Guards got hit by an RPG and the drive taken out, was probably a sniper in a nearby building which then got hit with enough ammo to make the building the world's biggest sieve.

Source: Daily Express.
Kelly Antilles
Sith Acolyte

Post by Kelly Antilles »

US Bombs Kill Iraqi Children; Arab Anger Rises

It says 9 of 11 citizens killed in the bombings last night were children.

Fixed URL
-Everyone's favorite Rampant AI
Enforcer Talen
Warlock

Post by Enforcer Talen »

This day is Fantastic!
Myers Briggs: ENTJ
Political Compass: -3/-6
DOOMer WoW
"I really hate it when the guy you were pegging as Mr. Worst Case starts saying, "Oh, I was wrong, it's going to be much worse." " - Adrian Laguna
RadiO
Jedi Knight

Post by RadiO »

French PM pleads for calm as protesters deface British and American war cemetery:

BBC story
"Oh, a lesson in not changing history from Mr I'm-My-Own-Grandpa! Let's get the hell out of here already! Screw history!" - Professor Farnsworth
theski
Sith Marauder

Post by theski »

Dead Marine had been hanged in town..http://www.news.com.au/common/story_pag ... 78,00.html
Sudden power is apt to be insolent, sudden liberty saucy; that behaves best which has grown gradually.
Lord Sander
Padawan Learner

Post by Lord Sander »

"Cease fire!" [Captain] Johnson yelled over the radio. Then, as he peered into his binoculars from the intersection on Highway 9, he roared at the platoon leader, "You just [expletive] killed a family because you didn't fire a warning shot soon enough!"
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/ar ... Mar31.html
Lord Sander,
"Oderint dum metuant"
Glory to the Empire and Emperor Palpatine!
Coyote
Rabid Monkey

Post by Coyote »

Internat'l Herald Tribune--

get a load of this. Seems the French are beginning to slip into apathy about the war, and some are increasingly disturbed at how many of the anti-war rallies have also come to be fervently anti-Semitic in tone.

The French Arabs are also saying that nothing has been done to alleviate the prejudice they suffer under in France despite everything going on... and at the end of the article, they pine about the glorious day when Paris is once again the "capital of the world"?

"Got Arrogance"?

http://www.iht.com/articles/91630.html

Sigh... other people's kids....
Something about Libertarianism always bothered me. Then one day, I realized what it was:
Libertarian philosophy can be boiled down to the phrase, "Work Will Make You Free."

In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

If all you want to do is have some harmless, mindless fun, go H3RE INST3ADZ0RZ!!
Grrr! Fight my Brute, you pansy!
Warspite
Jedi Council Member

Post by Warspite »

CentCom statement on Karbala night action in a few minutes!
(No quotes yet.)
There's something going around Karbala.
[img=left]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v206/ ... iggado.jpg[/img] "You know, it's odd; practically everything that's happened on any of the inhabited planets has happened on Terra before the first spaceship." -- Space Viking
Sea Skimmer
Yankee Capitalist Air Pirate

Post by Sea Skimmer »

One of the POW's held by Iraq has been rescued! This coming live from a CENTCOM briefing about one minute ago.
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
— Field Marshal William Slim 1956
Alex Moon
Rabid Monkey

Post by Alex Moon »

pfc. Jessica Lynch was rescued in Nasariyah
Warwolves | VRWC | BotM | Writer's Guild | Pie loves Rei
Warspite
Jedi Council Member

Post by Warspite »

Damn! Skimmer got here first! Argh!
[img=left]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v206/ ... iggado.jpg[/img] "You know, it's odd; practically everything that's happened on any of the inhabited planets has happened on Terra before the first spaceship." -- Space Viking
TrailerParkJawa
Sith Acolyte

Post by TrailerParkJawa »

Who hoo! Thats a fucking big GO USA for us! Rescuing a prisoner is a major morale booster.
MEMBER of the Anti-PETA Anti-Facist LEAGUE
Ted
BANNED

Post by Ted »

TrailerParkJawa wrote:Who hoo! Thats a fucking big GO USA for us! Rescuing a prisoner is a major morale booster.
It wasn't really anything much. She was in a hospital, so it wasn't like the Iraqi's could take her with them.
MKSheppard
Ruthless Genocidal Warmonger
Ruthless Genocidal Warmonger

Post by MKSheppard »

Fox News is reporting that 9 other bodies were found in the compound along with
Pvt. Lynch, and that she sustained gunshot wounds during her rescue...
"If scientists and inventors who develop disease cures and useful technologies don't get lifetime royalties, I'd like to know what fucking rationale you have for some guy getting lifetime royalties for writing an episode of Full House." - Mike Wong

"The present air situation in the Pacific is entirely the result of fighting a fifth rate air power." - U.S. Navy Memo - 24 July 1944
Seggybop
Jedi Council Member

Post by Seggybop »

CNN intercepted a transmission and claims that there were two other unidentified dead people recovered.
my heart is a shell of depleted uranium
TrailerParkJawa
Sith Acolyte

Post by TrailerParkJawa »

Ted wrote:
TrailerParkJawa wrote:Who hoo! Thats a fucking big GO USA for us! Rescuing a prisoner is a major morale booster.
It wasn't really anything much. She was in a hospital, so it wasn't like the Iraqi's could take her with them.
Does not matter if she was milking cows. They got her back. Its a morale boost none the less.

The only thing I would worry about is if the Iraqi's shoot the rest of the prisoners simply to deny us the chance to get anymore.
MEMBER of the Anti-PETA Anti-Facist LEAGUE
Vympel
Spetsnaz
Spetsnaz

Post by Vympel »

TrailerParkJawa wrote:
The only thing I would worry about is if the Iraqi's shoot the rest of the prisoners simply to deny us the chance to get anymore.
The US already lost 17 more men when they tried a rescue op earlier- 8 dead, 9 missing. It's an incredibly stupid risk to take- better to leave the POWs out of harms way till the war's over.

The only reason this one was rescued was because she was in a hospital.
Like Legend of Galactic Heroes? Please contribute to http://gineipaedia.com/
K. A. Pital
Glamorous Commie

Post by K. A. Pital »

Has anyone mentioned that the U.S. Apache blown to bits a car with civilians, with 15 dead?
Lì ci sono chiese, macerie, moschee e questure, lì frontiere, prezzi inaccessibile e freddure
Lì paludi, minacce, cecchini coi fucili, documenti, file notturne e clandestini
Qui incontri, lotte, passi sincronizzati, colori, capannelli non autorizzati,
Uccelli migratori, reti, informazioni, piazze di Tutti i like pazze di passioni...

...La tranquillità è importante ma la libertà è tutto!
Assalti Frontali
Warspite
Jedi Council Member

Post by Warspite »

Your average Iraqi jail...

Well, sort off, this oned could be more important than others.
K. A. Pital
Glamorous Commie

Post by K. A. Pital »

Red Halfmoon hospital bombed, Reuters says.
Lì ci sono chiese, macerie, moschee e questure, lì frontiere, prezzi inaccessibile e freddure
Lì paludi, minacce, cecchini coi fucili, documenti, file notturne e clandestini
Qui incontri, lotte, passi sincronizzati, colori, capannelli non autorizzati,
Uccelli migratori, reti, informazioni, piazze di Tutti i like pazze di passioni...

...La tranquillità è importante ma la libertà è tutto!
Assalti Frontali
Crown
NARF

Post by Crown »

The BBC Reports

Remember a while back when we kind of joked that everytime a country refused to support the US in somekind of military mission, that country's embassy or diplomatic mission somehow seemed to get 'accidently bombed'? Refer; Chinese embassy during Blakans bombing, and French on strike in Lybia...

...Well it seems that now it's Russia's turn! Although the US hasn't actually hit their embassy, they are getting pretty damn close!

This is kinda funny, it's like the bully at school pushing another bully for ratting him in or something. :)
Η ζωή, η ζωή εδω τελειώνει!
"Science is one cold-hearted bitch with a 14" strap-on" - Masuka 'Dexter'
"Angela is not the woman you think she is Gabriel, she's done terrible things"
"So have I, and I'm going to do them all to you." - Sylar to Arthur 'Heroes'
Tsyroc
Emperor's Hand

Post by Tsyroc »

Just heard on the radio that Hugh Hefner is sending 70 :shock: Playboy Playmates to Iraq :D

That ought to convince the Republican guard to stop fighting. :D
By the pricking of my thumb,
Something wicked this way comes.
Open, locks,
Whoever knocks.
theski
Sith Marauder

Post by theski »

Sudden power is apt to be insolent, sudden liberty saucy; that behaves best which has grown gradually.
Col. Crackpot
That Obnoxious Guy

Post by Col. Crackpot »

theski wrote:Polish special forces :shock: http://ap.tbo.com/ap/breaking/MGA7LLWL1ED.html
:shock: *shaking violently* must resist urge.....Polish jokes fighting way to the surface....
"This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we’ll be lucky to live through it.” -Tom Clancy