Wh40k Chaos vs SW Galactic Empire

SF: discuss futuristic sci-fi series, ideas, and crossovers.

Moderator: NecronLord

Dark Hellion
Permanent n00b

Re: Wh40k Chaos vs SW Galactic Empire

Post by Dark Hellion »

Most likely Darksider, but the Chaos Gods are self-fulfilling. They do not need simply sit back passively but can meddle and influence things towards their ends. They just need the initial morsels to sink their teeth into and can spiral out from there. The stability is a very temporary thing for beings who have lived 38,000 years in the achronological chaos of the warp. People will not get rid of the things that feed the Gods, they can always wait and whisper. The bigger question is whether the people of SW will hear these whispers and heed them or if their connection to the warp is so weak that subsistence and persistence is all the ruinous powers can hope for.

This could actually make a good fan fic. If the warp souls of SW humanity are too weak for the Chaos Gods to ever truly hope for anything beyond enduring what becomes of those who gave themselves over for power? Would they attempt to personally recast the galaxy into a dark dystopia, colonizing it with 40k humanity in hopes of restoring this waned power? Or would they, seeing their promises of dominion crushed forever, attempt rebellion and a war in heaven (or more correctly hell)?
A teenage girl is just a teenage boy who can get laid.
-GTO

We're not just doing this for money; we're doing this for a shitload of money!
Connor MacLeod
Sith Apprentice

Post by Connor MacLeod »

Serafina wrote: Unbalancing the GE would be reward enough - after all, Chaos seeks to create chaos.
IF they can do it. That's not yet been determined, reember?
Tzeentch at the very least and most likely other gods would gladly "waste" an ascension on a "mere mortal" for such a goal.
Disposable tools are no new concept for them after all.
Assuming they even care. To the Chaos Gods individual beings are little better than ants, and its only when really significant things affect the warp that draw their attnetion (wars, mass genocide, etc.) Palpy having little Warp presence means that he's not going to automatically draw attention (see below.)
And i really think you are overestaminating the "no connection to the warp"-thing. According to 40K-lore, living beings just tend to have one - being psychic is no requirement at all. Indeed, the only beings where we know that they have no warp-connection are blanks - a mutation very similar to the psyker-gene.
No I'm not. See my first post in this thread where I say "little to no connection ot the warp." and "they have no psykers." allow me to repeat that point. THEY HAVE NO PSYKERS. EVER. Can you find me evidence of psykers in Star Wars? Please do. I would love to see it.

This is significant for many reasons. That connection is the portal through which daemons can access realspace and achieve possession from the warp. The strength of the connection and ability to tap in the warp dictates both the abilities for the daemons to locate such psykers (hence the danger in 40K of untrained/unsanctioned/unbonded psykers), as well as the limits of the daemon's power or ability to sustain themselves and how long they'll last (some bodies are worse than others.) This is all canon fact, and much of it has been chronicled in my various analysis already.

What's more, its likely that with a relatively calm warp in SW (again no psykers) there is going to be little to nothing ot sustain the warp entities in 40K flooding over to SW. Very little activity to draw the notice of greater warp entities like the Chaos Gods (especially from 40K distances) and the sorts of large scale events that dO draw their notice in 40K won't be nearly as effective if done in SW.

This means that unless some random Chaos worshipper champion or whatever deliberately draws Chaos' attention to Palpy, its unlikely they will even know he exists, much less trying to corrupt him (which is a whole nother problem/issue entirely.) And I question the intelligence of any Chaos Champion who wililngly sets out to create himself competition. Maybe the Word Bearers might but that's probably about it.

And about the only way Chaos gets a way into SW galaxy is thorugh direct, physical contact. Which means proxies like the possessed, daemonhosts, chaos champions and other avatars, chaos artefacts and the like.
Animals have very smalls souls, too and are also suspectible to chaos corruption.
And this matters how? I don't see very many examples of Sheep Berzerkers of Khorne or bloodthirsters emerging from their corpses, just to pick an example. Most possessed, most worshippers, are sentients.
Furthermore, you do not need deamon-prince status at all. Chaos artifacts and sorcery would work just as well.
Non-psychics can become very powerfull sorcerors and several powerfull chaos artifacts could certainly threaten Palpatine.

40K "non psykers" which still are people from a strongly psychic race who have some strengthened connection to the warp.
The difference between a psyker and a sorcerer usually is that a sorcerer* has dedicated themselves to Chaos (or a particular God). Unless there are canonically tau sorcerers somewhere that I haven't heard about. See the "No psykers in SW" part.

* I'm also not completely sure that its correct to call every person who can tap a Chaos God's (or Chaos undivided's) gifts is neccesarily a "sorcerer" - Chaos Champions and Lords can do that - such as Abbadon, but he's hardly a Sorcerer. Sorcerers seem to refer to the psykers, whereas Champions and the like are the non-sorcerers.
Chaos does not have to actively pursue that goal - challengers could attempt contact themself. Heck, all it needs is a couple of them attempting something - enough that Palpatine sees that that is a threat and that he should study it.
If they know how, and if they conceive of some means to draw the attention of the Chaos Gods. Which as I said before, is not easy to do. See above.

As I said before, Chaos's best bet is to use physical means of infecting people. Looking over some of my material (like Inquisitor) it does seem remotely possible for someone who is "infected" to develop some connection to the warp (and all the benefits and drawbacks therein) - there's one Inquisitor mentioned who had his connection strengthend when a fragment of a daemon's claw imbedded in his body, for example. And of course they can still laways choose to act through willing conduits like Champions, Sorcerers, and the like.

Chaos' best bet will be to try infiltrating the Smuggler and pirate groups in SW and act through them unknowingly. Bribing them with wealth and greed should be easy. Khorne probably won't have much luck - his weapons probably could leave fragments embedded in living beings to corrupt eventually but his followers are unlikely to leave any such alive if they use weapons. Slaanesh can use various "pleasure" or recreational avenues (Drugs, prostitution, etc.) and Tzeentch can certainly use his own unique methods (artefacts). Nurgle probably would be the best bet simply by virtue of disease.

If they are really ambitious, as I said, their best long term goal is to simply breed in a stronger connection to the warp through slaves and prisoners.

Palpy could prove victim to some of those approachas and if "infected" could be approached via the warp in some degree, at least potentially. However, that infection will only last as long as his current body lasts. I doubt they could stop him from Force-spiriting himself away into a new clone body, and that will break whatever connection they have even if they can control him.
PainRack
Emperor's Hand

Post by PainRack »

Has there been plot hooks to use mechanical or corrupted items to open warp portals so Daemons can gain entry? Cain Last Stand and any other number of adventure hooks, short stories has introduced the possibility of mechanical or corrupted items allowing the possible manifestation of daemons.
Let him land on any Lyran world to taste firsthand the wrath of peace loving people thwarted by the myopic greed of a few miserly old farts- Katrina Steiner