Horoscopes + You = Luv 4ever?

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Zaia
Inamorata

Post by Zaia »

Ghost Rider wrote:
2000AD wrote:And where's the Rat?
People born in the Year of the Rat are noted for their charm and attraction for the opposite sex. They work hard to achieve their goals, acquire possessions, and are likely to be perfectionists. They are basically thrifty with money. Rat people are easily angered and love to gossip. Their ambitions are big, and they are usually very successful. They are most compatible with people born in the years of the Dragon, Monkey, and Ox.

Sounds just like what you said it said about money, 2000AD. I don't think you were wrong. :D
"On the infrequent occasions when I have been called upon in a formal place to play the bongo drums, the introducer never seems to find it necessary to mention that I also do theoretical physics." -Richard Feynman
Drewcifer
Jedi Council Member

Post by Drewcifer »

Chinese Zodiac: Rooster

I will add that when I had my full astrological chart done (which is specific down to the minute you were born, also taking the lat/long coords of your birthplace into account), I was truly amazed at how specific it was and how accurately it matched my personality, ie things written in a book, not interpretations by the astrologer (who is a close friend of mine. We've had to agree to disagree on many things; we're too good of friends to let philisophical differences come between us).

I can't think of any logical, rational reason for this to be, but it was truly incredible how accurate it was.

Reminds me of a Shakespeare quote, one of my favorites (paraphrased):

"There is more in heaven and Earth....than is dreamt of in all your philosophies"
Image Original Warsie ++ Smartass! ~ Picker ~ Grinner ~ Lover ~ Sinner ++ "There's no time for later now"
EmperorChrostas the Cruel
Rabid Monkey

Post by EmperorChrostas the Cruel »

Such horseshit.
I fit 3/4 of EVERY list, for ALL signs.As they are intentionaly written so broadly and vague, they fit everyone with a pulse.
This thread should be tittled:

Do otherwise sensable and rational people stubbornly cling to obvious superstitious nonsence, when it suits their fancy.

This is in a forum that routinely calls people of faith wrong/foolish/self deluded.

Sauce for the goose.

To the extent you are angry at me, is the extent you cherish this particular sacred cow.
My opinion of the defenders of such crap is less than fundies.(in THIS case)
You all should be ashamed of your gullibility. You rejected god, but astrology you accept.
And you cop an attitude just as big as the fundies, when the stupidity of your position is exposed. HIPPOPOTOMOUSCRITS. (bigger than the usual hypocrit)

Perhaps you should start a thread about the way to truth is faith.
Then you can bitch about your mockers not being "in the spirit of this post."
Hmmmmmm.

"It is happening now, It has happened before, It will surely happen again."
Oldest member of SD.net, not most mature.
Brotherhood of the Monkey
Hamel
Sith Marauder

Post by Hamel »

Emperor Chrostas the Crue wrote:Such horseshit.
I fit 3/4 of EVERY list, for ALL signs.As they are intentionaly written so broadly and vague, they fit everyone with a pulse.
This thread should be tittled:

Do otherwise sensable and rational people stubbornly cling to obvious superstitious nonsence, when it suits their fancy.

This is in a forum that routinely calls people of faith wrong/foolish/self deluded.

Sauce for the goose.

To the extent you are angry at me, is the extent you cherish this particular sacred cow.
My opinion of the defenders of such crap is less than fundies.(in THIS case)
You all should be ashamed of your gullibility. You rejected god, but astrology you accept.
And you cop an attitude just as big as the fundies, when the stupidity of your position is exposed. HIPPOPOTOMOUSCRITS. (bigger than the usual hypocrit)

Perhaps you should start a thread about the way to truth is faith.
Then you can bitch about your mockers not being "in the spirit of this post."
Have you lost your Lucky Charms? I don't see them exactly embracing astrology.
"Right now we can tell you a report was filed by the family of a 12 year old boy yesterday afternoon alleging Mr. Michael Jackson of criminal activity. A search warrant has been filed and that search is currently taking place. Mr. Jackson has not been charged with any crime. We cannot specifically address the content of the police report as it is confidential information at the present time, however, we can confirm that Mr. Jackson forced the boy to listen to the Howard Stern show and watch the movie Private Parts over and over again."
Zaia
Inamorata

Post by Zaia »

Hamel wrote:
Emperor Chrostas the Crue wrote:<snip>
Have you lost your Lucky Charms? I don't see them exactly embracing astrology.
Thanks, Hamel. Obviously Chrostas didn't actually read my posts, since I explicitly said that I posted all those lists to see how accurate they were for the people of this board, NOT because I said I thought astrology was God or anything. Jesus fucking Christ, Chrostas, read the fucking thread before attacking people like that.
"On the infrequent occasions when I have been called upon in a formal place to play the bongo drums, the introducer never seems to find it necessary to mention that I also do theoretical physics." -Richard Feynman
Jadeite
Racist Pig Fucker

Post by Jadeite »

Yep, im definitely cancer. Egotistical, manipulative, overprotective, sounds about right.
Robert Treder
has strong kung-fu.

Post by Robert Treder »

First of all, of course I was truthful in my answers. Anybody can try the same thing, unless you're too afraid to test the superstition.

I was born on the 27th of June, 1984. Maybe I'm a cusp or something so that makes me not share traits with Cancer, but instead all the other signs. I don't know. But it sounds like a coverup to me.
And you may ask yourself, 'Where does that highway go to?'

Brotherhood of the Monkey - First Monkey|Justice League - Daredevil|Late Knights of Conan O'Brien - Eisenhower Mug Knight (13 Conan Pts.)|SD.Net Chroniclers|HAB
Crayz9000
Sith Apprentice

Post by Crayz9000 »

Robert Treder wrote:I was born on the 27th of June, 1984. Maybe I'm a cusp or something so that makes me not share traits with Cancer, but instead all the other signs. I don't know. But it sounds like a coverup to me.
Good grief, I'm only a few days off from you...
A Tribute to Stupidity: The Robert Scott Anderson Archive (currently offline)
John Hansen - Slightly Insane Bounty Hunter - ASVS Vets' Assoc. Class of 2000
HAB Cryptanalyst | WG - Intergalactic Alliance and Spoof Author | BotM | Cybertron | SCEF
Robert Treder
has strong kung-fu.

Post by Robert Treder »

Crayz9000 wrote:Good grief, I'm only a few days off from you...
Not that that's a bad thing :P
And you may ask yourself, 'Where does that highway go to?'

Brotherhood of the Monkey - First Monkey|Justice League - Daredevil|Late Knights of Conan O'Brien - Eisenhower Mug Knight (13 Conan Pts.)|SD.Net Chroniclers|HAB
Darth Yoshi
Metroid

Post by Darth Yoshi »

I am a tiger. I also remember reading that there were 6 elements to be factored in as well, which repeat themselves every 72 years. Unfortunately I forget what they were. However, I do remember that my element is fire. Whee, fire is cool.
Fragment of the Lord of Nightmares, release thy heavenly retribution. Blade of cold, black nothingness: become my power, become my body. Together, let us walk the path of destruction and smash even the souls of the Gods! RAGNA BLADE!
Lore Monkey | the Pichu-master™
Secularism—since AD 80
Av: Elika; Prince of Persia
RedImperator
Roosevelt Republican

Post by RedImperator »

Meh. Those lists are so scattershot and general anybody could fit in any of them. For the record, Taurus was probably about 80% accuate for me, but I could pick out plenty of traits for me in the others.

I have had someone do the "full astrological readout" for me, and the result was pretty much the same. About 80% accurate, using traits so broad they could be applied to anyone with about the same chance of success. The converse of that is the traits that were wrong were also extremely broad traits that any reasonable prediction system should have seen wouldn't apply to me ("greedy" and "luxury loving" from this list, for example).

Also, I've NEVER seen any chart or prediction that notes that I'm left handed or nearsighted, even though with information like the time and place of my birth (down to longitude and latitude) the system is supposed to be able to predict non-obvious aspects of my physiology like what parts of my body are most prone to infection or injury (and it got those parts wrong--groin and throat, neither of which I've had any particular problems with--and totally missed stomach and head, which considering I've got gastritis, acid reflux, and bad sinuses, should also have been obvious).

Conclusion: in my opinion, the stars don't give a shit.

PS: I'm back. Did you miss me?
Any city gets what it admires, will pay for, and, ultimately, deserves…We want and deserve tin-can architecture in a tinhorn culture. And we will probably be judged not by the monuments we build but by those we have destroyed.--Ada Louise Huxtable, "Farewell to Penn Station", New York Times editorial, 30 October 1963
X-Ray Blues
EmperorMing
Sith Devotee

Post by EmperorMing »

Darth Gojira wrote:What are you guys in the Chinese Zodiac? I'm a dragon meself.
Your not the only one... :twisted:

Aquarius Dragon with a cusp in Capricorn and a year cusp in Snake...

DILLIGAF: Does It Look Like I Give A Fuck

Kill your God!