Why does music suck so much right now?

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Peregrin Toker
Emperor's Hand

Post by Peregrin Toker »

Crayz9000 wrote:Metallica gets a fair amount of airplay now thanks to their new album. I can't say I'm particularly enthusiastic about that album, though...
I've never actually heard "St. Anger", (as I don't listen to much thrash except for Sodom) but one reviewer called it "Metallica's midlife crisis"...
Vorlon1701 wrote:I'd join the metalhead usergroup, not many metalheads around me and I know very few metal bands, and no people to tell me new ones :-\
Okay, of potential members for the metalhead usergroup we now have:

Simon H.Johansen
Saurencerthai
zombie84
Crayz9000
Vorlon1701

zombie84 wrote:Once in a while gems like Manowar and Metallica and Iced Earth make there way out of the woodwork, but when you consider the relatively small size of all the European countires, the band-to-population ratio is staggering. Considering that America has a population second only to India and China, the amount of utter shit that the country thrives upon is sickening.
I think the lack of good metal from the USA might have something to do with the genre's "satanic" image, which it owes to Black Sabbath, Venom and Mercyful Fate.
"Hi there, would you like to have a cookie?"

"No, actually I would HATE to have a cookie, you vapid waste of inedible flesh!"
Crayz9000
Sith Apprentice

Post by Crayz9000 »

Simon H.Johansen wrote:
Crayz9000 wrote:Metallica gets a fair amount of airplay now thanks to their new album. I can't say I'm particularly enthusiastic about that album, though...
I've never actually heard "St. Anger", (as I don't listen to much thrash except for Sodom) but one reviewer called it "Metallica's midlife crisis"...
The first time I heard it, I mistook it for Linkin Park.

That should probably tell you enough.
A Tribute to Stupidity: The Robert Scott Anderson Archive (currently offline)
John Hansen - Slightly Insane Bounty Hunter - ASVS Vets' Assoc. Class of 2000
HAB Cryptanalyst | WG - Intergalactic Alliance and Spoof Author | BotM | Cybertron | SCEF
Rye
To Mega Therion

Post by Rye »

Tsk, as if i was left out of the metalhead usergroup. Pfah.
EBC|Fucking Metal|Artist|Androgynous Sexfiend|Gozer Kvltist|
Listen to my music! http://www.soundclick.com/nihilanth
"America is, now, the most powerful and economically prosperous nation in the country." - Master of Ossus
Lord Pounder
Pretty Hate Machine

Post by Lord Pounder »

It's funny how bands that giving inspiration to new bands end up sounding like ther inspired bands. Limp Bizkit are blatant Cypress Hill clones then Cypress Hill's last album ended up sounding exactly like Limp Bizkit. The same with Metallica. It's a shame.

Add me to the Planet Mosh Forum if it happens.
RIP Yosemite Bear
Gone, Never Forgotten