Darth Garden Gnome
Official SD.Net Lawn Ornament

Post by Darth Garden Gnome »

Always happy to help, my friend. :D
Leader of the Secret Gnome Revolution
Darth Garden Gnome

Holy shit Fanboy, you didn't mention this. Boogaard just broke Fedoruk. Check this shit out:

"Derek Boogaard was remorseful late Friday night, but the Wild enforcer also felt he had no other choice. Early in the second period of the Wild's 3-2 shootout victory over Anaheim, Ducks bruiser Todd Fedoruk went after the 6-7 Boogaard. It was a big mistake.

One punch later, and Fedoruk would be rushed to the hospital with what the team called a facial injury. Wild players said the right side of Fedoruk's face caved in when Boogaard clobbered him.

'It was disgusting," defenseman Kurtis Foster said. "I can't believe he got up.'"
J
Kaye Elle Emenopey

Post by J »

That one was all over the news today, it's like tugging on Superman's cape, it's just not a smart idea.
This post is a 100% natural organic product.
The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects

I'm not sure why people choose 'To Love is to Bury' as their wedding song...It's about a murder-suicide
- Margo Timmins

When it becomes serious, you have to lie
- Jean-Claude Juncker
Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Post by Darth Fanboy »

The game wasn't on TV, I had to check it out on hockeyfights after the fact and yeah, Boogard rocked him badly. I give credit to Fridge for going after him but Boogard could be one of the best damn fighters in hockey history. When I saw them play in Anaheim I was shocked they didn't go at it, and now I can see why it might be a good idea for him not to ever again.

A few people on the Duck boards think it might help Stanislov Chistov finally get some playing time, but without fridge our top enforcer is Sean O'Donnell, not bad but not great either.

meantime here's something for you to laugh at that I found on the Duck board also (not by me)
LA Whines
October 29, 2006
LOS ANGELES, CA -- Slogans are used to convey a message about products, so long as there is some truth in the message. Be all you can be in the US Army. What helps you get your z's? Nyquil does. And Miller Lite is a great tasting and less filling beer.

But AEG's hockey club, the LA Kings, telling customers that they "Play Hard" has gotten them in trouble with the FTC. Local fans feels that they are cheated when attending Kings games. Watching lackluster plays has gotten many fans to complain about their team and owner. The Kings have only one more win than lowly Phoenix Coyotes with 2 wins.

The marketing department decided to change the slogan from last seaon's "Kings Rule" because they weren't ruling anyone. If fact, with the continuing early exits before the post seaon, as in stop playing, the Kings felt that a new slogan was needed to let fans know that they are a different team this year and will work hard to win back fans that have gone south of the 405 freeway.

Early Saturday morning, the FTC has requested that the Kings stop using "Play Hard" after seeing the Kings get shut out by NHL doormat the Columbus Blue Jackets. The FTC has insisted that they change their slogan to "Hardly Playing" or face huge fines for their misleading slogan. So far, all calls to AEG has not been answer.
See, the Kings slogan this year is "Play Hard", during a recent butt kicking they got at home fans could be heard chanting "Play Hard-er".
"If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say that the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little."
-George Carlin (1937-2008)

"Have some of you Americans actually seen Football? Of course there are 0-0 draws but that doesn't make them any less exciting."
-Dr Roberts, with quite possibly the dumbest thing ever said in 10 years of SDNet.
J
Kaye Elle Emenopey

Post by J »

Phew! Toronto pulls off the shoot-out win after falling apart late in the 3rd and allowing the Habs to tie the game. Overtime was crazy, Toronto played their young guys and they used their speed to get a lot of great chances, and Aubin made some big saves to keep the game alive. The shoot-out, well, we were saved again by Aubin while our shooters need a lot more work. You can't skate straight in and wrist a shot past the goalie from 20', you need to put the moves on them like Kaberle and Wellwood did, not surprisingly they were the only two out of 6 or 7 of our shooters to score.
The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects

I'm not sure why people choose 'To Love is to Bury' as their wedding song...It's about a murder-suicide
- Margo Timmins

- Jean-Claude Juncker
Darth Garden Gnome

I caught the start and the end of the Leafs-Habs tilt. Overtime and shootout was nuts. Save after save by Aebischer and Aubin took it to sudden death rounds. Aubin caught a break when Streit tossed it through his legs and out the other side.

I think Bob Cole is getting senile. He kept insisting they were going three-aside after those coincidental minors in OT. I kept counting to make sure, there was no doubt it was four.

Wings hang on to beat Blues. Gave up a shorty with three minutes to go to cut their lead to one. Earlier they caught a helluva break, too: bomb from the point on a PP through a screen, beats Ozzie cleanly, hits one post, then the other post, and out. That's a 'Phew!' moment, believe you me.

EDIT: At one point the guys in the Scottstrade Center started playing "Pardon the Interruption" by Coburn (the NEDM song!). I was highly amused.

EDIT 2: Also! I totally called this week's games. Atlanta topples Buffalo to 'preserve' Toronto's record, and Detroit finishes off a workmanlike win against Dallas. Two for two, bitches.
Archon
Padawan Learner

Post by Archon »

BAH!

Friggin Leafs. Habs are my second team.

I'm not going to say anything about the Flames playing only 20 minutes AGAIN!

minor edit
In Omnia Paratus.
Peace. Order. Good government.
Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Post by Darth Fanboy »

Ducks improve to 8-0-3 with a win in Chicago, it's on to St. Louis before returning home for three games against the Rangers, Coyotes, and Penguins. Bryzgalov earns the shutout, including one absolutely miraculous save that disallowed a goal in the 2nd period.
"If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say that the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little."

"Have some of you Americans actually seen Football? Of course there are 0-0 draws but that doesn't make them any less exciting."
-Dr Roberts, with quite possibly the dumbest thing ever said in 10 years of SDNet.
Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Post by Darth Fanboy »

Cheese us, Gave up a goal less than a minute into the game, fought back to blow two different two goal leads @ St. Louis before winning in the shootout.

But the Ducks finish October 9-0-3. During the month they set a record for best start in franchise history (3-0 after never having gone 2-0 before) and tying the record for consecutive games with a point (12). All this while Teemu Selanne only has one goal but he's had a pair of huge Shootout scores including tonight. The Moen/Pahlsson/R. Niedermayer line has been tremendous.

Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Post by Darth Fanboy »

+http://everythinghockey.com/SeanAveryCheatsDeath.mov

nearly shot soda out of my nose, except I wasn't drinking one. Bwahahahaha! Avery's little dive wasn't lost on people outside the So Cal market it would seem.

Darth Garden Gnome

To think I used to put up with that clown. :lol:

Only Avery got the got called for a dive; Jagr wasn't penalized. Justice!
Archon
Padawan Learner

Post by Archon »

Okay. The Flames are terrible. What the hell is going on with these clowns?

And no, I will not stop cheering for them.
In Omnia Paratus.
Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Post by Darth Fanboy »

Archon wrote:Okay. The Flames are terrible. What the hell is going on with these clowns?
Calgary has allowed 29 goals, which is fewer than Atlanta, Montreal, New Jersey, Toronto, etc... So you can't lay that much of the blame on defense or goaltending.

However, they've only scored 25. Only 3 teams have fewer. Calgary is suffering from their successes in the last two seasons. The people in charge are convinced they can win with hard noses stingy defense and won't shell out or develop any kind of offense while praying that Jarome Iginla will score every night. Result, a tough start.

And a recent study in Anaheim has shown that the average NHL official is better at calling a hockey game than a ring tailed lemur. However their performance still lags behind more intelligent simians such as Colobus Monkeys and Chimpanzees.

That plus the Ducks reverting to last years inept power play leads to an OT loss against the Rangers. 9-0-4 on the season still with the next game against Phoenix Friday night.

Darth Garden Gnome

Old pal Shanny was 1G 2A out in Anaheim last night. Not bad at all. :P

Flames are in trouble. They've lost all of their character players, they've lost their identity. No more Conroy or Gelinas. No more Simon or Donovan or Niemenen. They tried to get too many mediocre grinding players with some scoring ability, at the expense of their style of game play.

Now the only goals they have left are goofy bouncing pucks through screens and anything Iginla can muster behind that pop-gun offense. As a result: Red Wings have won four games in a row by one goal.
Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Post by Darth Fanboy »

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app?articleid=28 ... rvice=page
Well-known lawyer wants a Team Quebec at the 2008 world hockey tournament
Canadian Press Nov 2, 2006, 1:05 PM EST

QUEBEC (CP) - A well-known Quebec lawyer is urging Premier Jean Charest to get involved in helping to create a Team Quebec that would play in the 2008 world hockey championships.

Guy Bertrand says it would be fitting to have such a team because part of the 2008 tournament will be played in Quebec City.

Bertrand says Hockey Canada has told him Quebec can't have a team because it is not a country.

But the lawyer, who has embraced sovereignty again after a six-year flirt with federalism, says Quebec is a nation that has the right to be represented at international tournaments.

Part of the 2008 worlds will also be played in Halifax.
Silly Canadians, crush your rebellions!

Captain Cyran
Psycho Mini-lop

Post by Captain Cyran »

The Sabres really need to stop doing this to me. My hair's gonna be gray by the end of the year if they keep this up.
Justice League, Super-Villain Carnage "Carnage Rules!" Cult of the Kitten Mew... The Black Mage with The Knife SD.Net Chronicler of the Past Bun Bun is my hero. The Official Verilonitis Vaccinator
J
Kaye Elle Emenopey

Post by J »

Archon wrote:Okay. The Flames are terrible. What the hell is going on with these clowns?

You mean other than their sad inability to score? You have Inginla, Phaneuf, Kiprusoff and umm..ummm...yeah, see the problem?

- Margo Timmins

- Jean-Claude Juncker
Darth Garden Gnome

Red Wings make it five straight wins by one goal, downing the 'Hawks tonight 2-1. I wonder what the record is for most consecutive games won by one goal?
Archon
Padawan Learner

Post by Archon »

J wrote:

You mean other than their sad inability to score? You have Inginla, Phaneuf, Kiprusoff and umm..ummm...yeah, see the problem?
This is the type of argument that I got when I was a poster at Canucks.com...

I'm not worried about offense, defense or goaltending right now.

It is the consistent 20 minutes a night schtick that worries me. How a 60 minute game for once. Iginla is the only one stepping up.
In Omnia Paratus.
aerius
Charismatic Cult Leader

Post by aerius »

Leafs are doing better than I expected, I thought they'd be stuck in the bottom of the division but they've managed to stay somewhere in the middle. They're still suffering from inconsistent play though, some nights they're brilliant like on their recent wins over Montreal and Tampa, and then they suck ass and look like a minor league team like they did last night against Florida. One thing that puzzles me, not that I'm complaining but how the hell is Darcy Tucker getting all those goals?
aerius: I'll vote for you if you sleep with me. :)
Lusankya: Deal!
Say, do you want it to be a threesome with your wife? Or a foursome with your wife and sister-in-law? I'm up for either. :P
Archon
Padawan Learner

Post by Archon »

Clarification:

I am not disagreeing with what J said.

I am saying that effort (playing 60 minutes on a nightly basis) is my major concern, however.
In Omnia Paratus.
Darth Garden Gnome

aerius wrote:One thing that puzzles me, not that I'm complaining but how the hell is Darcy Tucker getting all those goals?
Playing with Mats Sundin, I reckon.
RedImperator
Roosevelt Republican

Post by RedImperator »

Wow. If I had actually paid for my tickets to last night's game, I would have been really mad.
Any city gets what it admires, will pay for, and, ultimately, deserves…We want and deserve tin-can architecture in a tinhorn culture. And we will probably be judged not by the monuments we build but by those we have destroyed.--Ada Louise Huxtable, "Farewell to Penn Station", New York Times editorial, 30 October 1963
X-Ray Blues
aerius
Charismatic Cult Leader

Post by aerius »

RedImperator wrote:Wow. If I had actually paid for my tickets to last night's game, I would have been really mad.
Look on the bright side, at least Forsberg didn't break his wrist when he went into the glass last week.
aerius: I'll vote for you if you sleep with me. :)
Lusankya: Deal!
Say, do you want it to be a threesome with your wife? Or a foursome with your wife and sister-in-law? I'm up for either. :P
weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

Post by weemadando »

How are my glorious Flames doing this year?