Denver under Siege! (Not 56k friendly, duh)

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Denver under Siege! (Not 56k friendly, duh)

Post by General Zod »

Of snow that is. I'm sure some of you know that we got buried the other day, so here's the results now that it's stopped snowing in the area I'm at right now. This is also to tease those of you that like snow but aren't getting it. :P More tomorrow when the buses start running again.

"It's you Americans. There's something about nipples you hate. If this were Germany, we'd be romping around naked on the stage here."
Surlethe
HATES GRADING

Post by Surlethe »

General Zod wrote:This is also to tease those of you that like snow but aren't getting it. :P
Yeah, you know what? Fuck you. :P

Seriously, though, it looks like a blast, from the perspective of someone who doesn't have to drive anywhere. Have you made any snowmen, or is the snow too dry?
A Government founded upon justice, and recognizing the equal rights of all men; claiming higher authority for existence, or sanction for its laws, that nature, reason, and the regularly ascertained will of the people; steadily refusing to put its sword and purse in the service of any religious creed or family is a standing offense to most of the Governments of the world, and to some narrow and bigoted people among ourselves.
F. Douglass
Alex Moon
Rabid Monkey

Post by Alex Moon »

Surlethe wrote:
General Zod wrote:This is also to tease those of you that like snow but aren't getting it. :P

Seriously, though, it looks like a blast, from the perspective of someone who doesn't have to drive anywhere. Have you made any snowmen, or is the snow too dry?
Snow is Colorado us usally too dry for anything but making life miserable if you need to go somewhere.
Warwolves | VRWC | BotM | Writer's Guild | Pie loves Rei
General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Post by General Zod »

Surlethe wrote:

I'll be staying indoors all day actually. It's so bad here that public transportation is down, so I didn't have any way to get to work.
"It's you Americans. There's something about nipples you hate. If this were Germany, we'd be romping around naked on the stage here."
NRS Guardian
Jedi Knight

Post by NRS Guardian »

Also, in Colorado you get high winds during big blizards. At least where I live which is 40 minutes east of Colorado Springs we have 60 mph winds, drifts 3-4 feet high, and subzero wind chill.
"It is not necessary to hope in order to persevere."
-William of Nassau, Prince of Orange

Economic Left/Right: 0.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 2.10
Stile
Jedi Knight

Post by Stile »

NRS Guardian wrote:Also, in Colorado you get high winds during big blizards. At least where I live which is 40 minutes east of Colorado Springs we have 60 mph winds, drifts 3-4 feet high, and subzero wind chill.
Geez, and I thought I had it bad growing up in Pueblo. <pats NRS Guardian's back> :D
Brother-Captain Gaius
Emperor's Hand

Post by Brother-Captain Gaius »

Mm, snow. I'm on winter break so it's not as if I'd be going anywhere anyway, so I'm happy to be buried in snow in time for Christmas.
Agitated asshole | (Ex)40K Nut | Metalhead
The vision never dies; life's a never-ending wheel
1337 posts as of 16:34 GMT-7 June 2nd, 2003

"'He or she' is an agenderphobic microaggression, Sharon. You are a bigot." ― Randy Marsh
Marko Dash
Jedi Knight

Post by Marko Dash »

I really need to go up north for a winter, it never snows down here, hails and freezes sometimes but never snows. Its been around 73f all week.
If a black-hawk flies over a light show and is not harmed, does that make it immune to lasers?
Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crossroads Inc. »

Surlethe wrote:
Yeah, you know what? Fuck you. :P?
As someone who lices through 115º summers and 70º "Winters" I'd like to second that whole heartidly.

I'll take 15 below over 115 any day.
Praying is another way of doing nothing helpful
"Congratulations, you get a cookie. You almost got a fundamental English word correct." Pick
"Outlaw star has spaceships that punch eachother" Joviwan
Read "Tales From The Crossroads"!
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

I'll have to get arsed enough to find my camera so I can post pics of yosemite....

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Post by General Zod »

The Yosemite Bear wrote:I'll have to get arsed enough to find my camera so I can post pics of yosemite....
I'll have some more pics of how downtown looks after it's been snowed in after I'm off work. Yanno, just to taunt people some more. Since considering Denver weather, it'll likely be melted off in another day or two.
Raw Shark
Stunt Driver / Babysitter

Post by Raw Shark »

Alex Moon wrote:
Surlethe wrote:
General Zod wrote:This is also to tease those of you that like snow but aren't getting it. :Razz:
Yeah, you know what? Fuck you. :Razz: Seriously, though, it looks like a blast, from the perspective of someone who doesn't have to drive anywhere. Have you made any snowmen, or is the snow too dry?
Snow is Colorado us usally too dry for anything but making life miserable if you need to go somewhere.
That is most often true here, but in this particular case, like the last time we got about this much in March '03, the snow is wetter stuff from the Southeast and ideal for snowballs, snowmen, etc.

Nice photos, Zod.

"Do I really look like a guy with a plan? Y'know what I am? I'm a dog chasing cars. I wouldn't know what to do with one if I caught it! Y'know, I just do things..." --The Joker
Medic
Sith Devotee

Post by Medic »

Surlethe wrote:

Ditto! Especially considering Denver's just a few hours on the highway from here. :(

But no, when they got snow, we got COLD RAIN! GAH!
General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Post by General Zod »

Raw Shark wrote:
Nice photos, Zod.
Some of them didn't turn out so well so they got deleted, but I wanted an excuse to show off the shiny new digital camera I just got last week. :D
Alex Moon
Rabid Monkey

Post by Alex Moon »

Raw Shark wrote: That is most often true here, but in this particular case, like the last time we got about this much in March '03, the snow is wetter stuff from the Southeast and ideal for snowballs, snowmen, etc.

Nice photos, Zod.
Gah, I remember that. CU was on Spring Break, IIRC, and it sucked being cooped up in the dorms.
Warwolves | VRWC | BotM | Writer's Guild | Pie loves Rei
Raw Shark
Stunt Driver / Babysitter

Post by Raw Shark »

Alex Moon wrote:Gah, I remember that. CU was on Spring Break, IIRC, and it sucked being cooped up in the dorms.
Ahhh Saint Patrick's Day 2003, back when I was still driving a taxi full time. Probably one of my all-time Top Five money nights ever, as one of maybe five guys who stayed out for it. I made so much I took the next two days off until it stopped falling, then shoveled out and hit the road again in time for the weekend. Good times, good times.

"Do I really look like a guy with a plan? Y'know what I am? I'm a dog chasing cars. I wouldn't know what to do with one if I caught it! Y'know, I just do things..." --The Joker
General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Post by General Zod »

As promised, more pics. :D