I Make Experimental Film!

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

I Make Experimental Film!

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

youtube.com/watch?v=u0yypNeJrsw

I cooked this up a little bit ago today with Windows Media Maker on Utsanomiko's computer, after mine told me to fuck off when I attempted it yesterday. Specifically it's a found footage experimental film, using public domain material located on the Prelinger Archives, and backed with a song by Boards of Canada. It's not only the first thing I've uploaded onto YouTube, but it's also the first video I've made in about three years, and I hope that there'll be more. More than anything it represents an idea that I've had in my head for a while, so it's good to finally get it out and made into something tangible.

So take a look. If you like it, cheers; if you don't, oh well. It's only meant to exist, anyway. ;)
Last edited by Spanky The Dolphin on 2008-03-05 09:58pm, edited 1 time in total.
I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"
Old Peculier
Padawan Learner

Post by Old Peculier »

I liked it, but I have no idea why. Maybe it's just because I like Boards of Canada. Or maybe you were messing with my brain.

What does TVR 47368 mean? Is it to do with the Prelinger Archives?
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

Old Peculier wrote:What does TVR 47368 mean?
It's a holdover from when I did video assignment in high school, and I would title my projects "TVR ####," with a sequence of four randomly chosen numbers, which increased to five when I got to college.

"TVR" doesn't really stand for anything anymore, though I originally coined it from a made-up portmanteau: TeleVitual Reality, combining "television" and "virtual reality."
I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"