Star Wars transcribed to piano!

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

IRG CommandoJoe
Sith Devotee

Star Wars transcribed to piano!

Post by IRG CommandoJoe »

Finally someone has done it right! An awesome medley of the major OT Star Wars melodies.

Here.
Who's the more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows him? -Obi-Wan Kenobi

"In the unlikely event that someone comes here, hates everything we stand for, and then donates a big chunk of money anyway, I will thank him for his stupidity." -Darth Wong, Lord of the Sith

Proud member of the Brotherhood of the Monkey.
NomAnor15
Padawan Learner

Post by NomAnor15 »

:shock: Wow, that guy is pretty damn talented. Most enjoyable. Did he actually arrange the music, or just play it?
"I wish I wish I hadn't killed that fish." - Homer Simpson
Huh. That's less than 10 condoms per person. Though, assuming an even split between gender, that's almost 20 condoms per penis, so I certainly hope that would suffice for the three weeks they're there. -Alferd Packer

This sentence is false.
General Deathdealer
Padawan Learner
Location: In a Thunderhawk enroute to the Blood Angels Battle Barge

Post by General Deathdealer »

That was awesome. That guy is great on the piano.
"Don't fuck with The Mess. Unless you've been there, done that, and have the t-shirt, shut your cakehole." - Me
"By the Blood of Sanguinius" - Blood Angels Battlecry
"The enemies of the Emperor fear many things. They fear discovery, defeat, despair and death. Yet there is one thing they fear above all others. They fear the wrath of the Space Marines." - Anonymous
"This can't be good" - Sherriff Jack Carter
Coriolis
Padawan Learner

Post by Coriolis »

NomAnor15 wrote::shock: Wow, that guy is pretty damn talented. Most enjoyable. Did he actually arrange the music, or just play it?
I think he transcribed Star Wars to piano on his own. That takes some work.
PRFYNAFBTFC - Verendo Iugula
Commander, Halifax-Class Frigate
MFS Doom Panda
Vaporous
Jedi Knight

Post by Vaporous »

It has a MIDI quality to it that reminds me of the old TIE Fighter soundtrack.
Ace Pace
Hardware Lover

Post by Ace Pace »

That was awesome.
Brotherhood of the Bear | HAB | Mess | SDnet archivist |
Raesene
Jedi Master

Post by Raesene »

wow...

I'd like to have that as mp3-file

"In view of the circumstances, Britannia waives the rules."

"All you have to do is to look at Northern Ireland, [...] to see how seriously the religious folks take "thou shall not kill. The more devout they are, the more they see murder as being negotiable." George Carlin

"We need to make gay people live in fear again! What ever happened to the traditional family values of persecution and lies?" - Darth Wong
"The closet got full and some homosexuals may have escaped onto the internet?"- Stormbringer

Metatwaddle
Jedi Council Member

Post by Metatwaddle »

I'd pay good money to get that arrangement as sheet music. I've seen better pianists (although he's good, and certainly better than me) but the arrangement, so faithful to the original soundtrack, is what really impresses me. I want to learn to play it now!
Should any political party attempt to abolish social security, unemployment insurance, and eliminate labor laws and farm programs, you would not hear of that party again in our political history. There is a tiny splinter group, of course, that believes you can do these things... their number is negligible and they are stupid. --Dwight D. Eisenhower
kheegster
Jedi Council Member

Post by kheegster »

Aren't most orchestral scores available as piano reductions? Or are the piano scores merely a compression of the notes into two staves without any consideration to playability?
Articles, opinions and rants from an astrophysicist: Cosmic Journeys
Hawkwings
Sith Devotee

Post by Hawkwings »

Well, condensed scores usually have a whole crapload of notes on a piano staff, or 4 voices. Piano reductions shold be OK for playability, though quality is iffy.
Asst. Asst. Lt. Cmdr. Smi
What Kind of Username is That?

Post by Asst. Asst. Lt. Cmdr. Smi »

It reminded me of what the background music would be if Star Wars was an old-timey silent movie. Awesome performance, though.
BotM: Just another monkey|HAB
IRG CommandoJoe
Sith Devotee

Post by IRG CommandoJoe »

That was his own transcription with no sheet music. He also has an amazing transcription of Bach's Tocatta and Fugue for the organ, Tchaikovsky's 1812 Overture (in two parts) and Beethoven's 5th.

He also composed music on the spot, like a jazz musician, based on a melody someone in the audience sang. He improvised both Mozart and Chopin-styled variations on the melody.
Who's the more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows him? -Obi-Wan Kenobi

"In the unlikely event that someone comes here, hates everything we stand for, and then donates a big chunk of money anyway, I will thank him for his stupidity." -Darth Wong, Lord of the Sith

Proud member of the Brotherhood of the Monkey.