Starcrossed: Wesley: Good/Bad?

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

Has Stravo worked a miricle and got us to like Wesley?

YES! The man can work miricles!
23%
He's Ok, nothing special, but still an improvement.
33%
No. He's still an annoying little hatfucker.
30%
Wesley's in Starcrossed?
5%
err, Starcrossed?
10%

Total votes: 40

2000AD
Emperor's Hand

Starcrossed: Wesley: Good/Bad?

Post by 2000AD »

When Stravo announced Wesley's appearence in his fanfic a lot of usimmeadiatly screamed out in pain and anger. Why would Stravo bring back that little twerp? Had he gone mad?

Well he's been back a while so what is your opinion on Wesley? Has he been a good character or an annoying little f*ck like usual?
Ph34r teh eyebrow!!11!Writers Guild Sluggite Pawn of Chaos WYGIWYGAINGW so now i have to put ACPATHNTDWATGODW in my sig EBC-Honorary Geordie
Hammerman! Hammer!
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

Good character in a sense. He is still an asshole, but he's a very well-done asshole. :)
JADAFETWA
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

Stravo's at least done something with Wesley.

Seriously I'm amazed he invigorated any life in the whiny biznatch.
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete
Kelly Antilles
Sith Acolyte

Post by Kelly Antilles »

That little bastard nearly killed me! Why I outta.... wait.... :twisted:
*skips off to PM Stravo*
Singular Quartet
Sith Marauder

Post by Singular Quartet »

Stravo made the character much more intresting then the bland little shit he was in TNG. He's made the character both more and less human, but the character itself is still Wesley. We already have a bias against him.
Stravo
Official SD.Net Teller of Tales

Post by Stravo »

I appreciate the fact that it seems alot of you like the way Wes was handled (with the possible exception of Kelly :wink: ) It was really hard to try and NOT make him a wuss because the TNG writers did a pretty fine job of doing that so I really examined the character (that was probably the hardest part just watching some Wesley episodes and remembering some others GAH How culd writers let a character go so bad??) and I found the one point that seemed to follow him through in the end. Here's this brilliant kid that ha saved the ship single handedly so many times (groan) and in the end he leaves Starfleet Academy (which was his life long goal) and then goes on a vision quest journey with some weird alien because he just couldn't fit in.

How does that effect a person? How does that make them feel that they are this super genius yet you can't accomplish anything? And how does that make you feel when the Dark side comes a calling?
Wherever you go, there you are.

Ripped Shirt Monkey - BOTMWriter's Guild Cybertron's Finest Justice League
This updated sig brought to you by JME2
Sea Skimmer
Yankee Capitalist Air Pirate

Post by Sea Skimmer »

I will continue to mindlessly hate the fucking shit. I can't stand to watch any TNG episode in which as has more then two lines or seconds of airtime. His role in Starcrossed is fucking annoying.
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
— Field Marshal William Slim 1956
Admiral Drason
Jedi Knight

Post by Admiral Drason »

Stravo your doing a good job with him, but I still want to see him die in a very bloody way. :twisted:
A truly wise man never plays leapfrog with a unicorn
So Say We All
Night Stalkers Don't Quit
HAB member
RIP Pegasus. You died like you lived, killing toasters
Singular Quartet
Sith Marauder

Stravo wrote:I appreciate the fact that it seems alot of you like the way Wes was handled (with the possible exception of Kelly :wink: ) It was really hard to try and NOT make him a wuss because the TNG writers did a pretty fine job of doing that so I really examined the character (that was probably the hardest part just watching some Wesley episodes and remembering some others GAH How culd writers let a character go so bad??) and I found the one point that seemed to follow him through in the end. Here's this brilliant kid that ha saved the ship single handedly so many times (groan) and in the end he leaves Starfleet Academy (which was his life long goal) and then goes on a vision quest journey with some weird alien because he just couldn't fit in.

How does that effect a person? How does that make them feel that they are this super genius yet you can't accomplish anything? And how does that make you feel when the Dark side comes a calling?
Stravo, I think the masses have spoken. They want him to die. Whether or not this happens, however, is up to you. Remember, its your story, and you don't need to listen to us, if you don't want to. Just keep that in mind.
Einhander Sn0m4n
Insane Railgunner
Location: Louisiana... or Dagobah. You know, where Yoda lives.

Post by Einhander Sn0m4n »

Fine with me as long as I get to buttfuck the holy Helldemons outta him! ;) :D
Image Image
Eleas
Jaina Dax

Post by Eleas »

Einhander Sn0m4n wrote:Fine with me as long as I get to buttfuck the holy Helldemons outta him! ;) :D
*gently begins leading Ein out of there*

You're confused, man. You're talking about touching Wesley, you realise that? Take a deep breath. Relax... now try not to start while I inject this syringe of buffalo tranquiliser into your artery. Great, there's a good lad. :)
Björn Paulsen

"Travelers with closed minds can tell us little except about themselves."
--Chinua Achebe
Singular Quartet
Sith Marauder

Einhander Sn0m4n wrote:Fine with me as long as I get to buttfuck the holy Helldemons outta him! ;) :D
Are you sure you mean that? I mean, this is Wesley you're talking about. That little idiot from TNG?

But if you're serious, you'll first have to remove his head from it.
2000AD
Emperor's Hand

Post by 2000AD »

Now that Wesley is dead, what are your final opinions on his role and character in Starcrossed?
Ph34r teh eyebrow!!11!Writers Guild Sluggite Pawn of Chaos WYGIWYGAINGW so now i have to put ACPATHNTDWATGODW in my sig EBC-Honorary Geordie
Hammerman! Hammer!
Kelly Antilles
Sith Acolyte

Post by Kelly Antilles »

I think Stravo took the character Wesley was meant to be and made him into a hero. He showed that Wes was really a good character, just never used to his potential. Stravo has done that in spades!
Shogoki
Jedi Knight

Post by Shogoki »

Well, I regreat his death the way i would regret the death of Jar Jar even after knowing the was key in the creation of the Empire, what I mean to say is, I'm actually happy. I just hate that character, it's whole concept, but that's not Stravo's fault, I know some people liked him in this Fic, how do they do it? I dont know. :)
hvb
Padawan Learner

Post by hvb »

Stravo has kept the essence of Wesley, and used it well.
The problem with the "classical" Wesley was that he was "weakly drawn" by the authors, and possibly by his actor (almost any character can be potentially interesting if well rendered).
Stravo has managed to make a "strongly drawn" character out of him; i.e. he is still the annoying misfit he always was, but he is it for consistent reasons, making him a person (who happens to be a twit) rather then just a twit.
Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

Post by Master of Ossus »

I thought that Wesley, in SC, was a believable and good character, but he was also flawed. That's what characterization is all about, people. Stravo got us to believe that someone could actually do what Wesley chose to do, and so we recognize that Wesley has some problems and issues that we do not agree with, but we are also emotionally connected with him because we can understand where he is coming from.
"Sometimes I think you WANT us to fail." "Shut up, just shut up!" -Two Guys from Kabul

Latinum Star Recipient; Hacker's Cross Award Winner

"one soler flar can vapririze the planit or malt the nickl in lass than millasacit" -Bagara1000

"Happiness is just a Flaming Moe away."
Ender
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ender »

I thought he did a good job.

[mr.Butlartron]Wesely [/Mr.Butlartron]
بيرني كان سيفوز
Nuclear Navy Warwolf
in omnibus requiem quaesivi, et nusquam inveni nisi in angulo cum libro
ipsa scientia potestas est