Blue Danube Waltz revisited!

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

IRG CommandoJoe
Sith Devotee

Blue Danube Waltz revisited!

Post by IRG CommandoJoe »

A freaking amazing video of Johann Strauss Jr.'s Blue Danube Waltz transcribed for a piano duo. I wonder how long it took for them to put this massive project together?

The musicians claim there are 7 melodies from the waltz played from 7:49 to 8:10, but I can only discern two of them. Maybe if I listen to it again I can hear more of them...

If you visit their website, andersonroe.net, you can also hear the Star Wars Fantasy they composed. The Imperial March will automatically begin to play on their news page and you can hear more excerpts from all four impressions (movements) by clicking on "music player" on the right column. From what I heard, they did the cantina band song, a hint of the TIE Fighter attack theme, a hint of the Duel of the Fates theme, the Rebel Alliance theme, the asteroid theme, the RotS duel theme, and Luke's/Ben's/the Force theme. You can listen to the entire First Impression here.

Great stuff. Too bad it's not released on a CD.
Who's the more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows him? -Obi-Wan Kenobi

"In the unlikely event that someone comes here, hates everything we stand for, and then donates a big chunk of money anyway, I will thank him for his stupidity." -Darth Wong, Lord of the Sith

Proud member of the Brotherhood of the Monkey.
YT300000
Sith'ari

Post by YT300000 »

Very nice, and certainly much more interesting than the original, which plays the same bloody cloying thing twelve times. :lol:
Name changes are for people who wear women's clothes. - Zuul

Wow. It took me a good minute to remember I didn't have testicles. -xBlackFlash

Are you sure this isn't like that time Michael Jackson stopped by your house so he could use the bathroom? - Superman
Saurencaerthai
Jedi Master

Post by Saurencaerthai »

Not a bad arrangement of it at all, though I'm with you, in that I didn't hear more than a few melodies being played at the said climax.
Music can name the un-nameable and communicate with the unknowable.
-Leonard Bernstein
Raesene
Jedi Master

Post by Raesene »

Well played :-)

I wish them good luck with their CD release.

"In view of the circumstances, Britannia waives the rules."

"All you have to do is to look at Northern Ireland, [...] to see how seriously the religious folks take "thou shall not kill. The more devout they are, the more they see murder as being negotiable." George Carlin

"We need to make gay people live in fear again! What ever happened to the traditional family values of persecution and lies?" - Darth Wong
"The closet got full and some homosexuals may have escaped onto the internet?"- Stormbringer