Off to the Marine Museum

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Off to the Marine Museum

Post by Lonestar »

Went to the USMC Museum today with my brother and Dad.

The Main Entrance!

Inside the Atrium there are 2 Corsairs, a Harrier, some Biplane, and two Dioramas. Elsewhere...

Me standing in front of a Ch-46 hull at the Khe Sanh exhibit. You walk through the Hull to get to the exhibit. The room is noticably warmer than the rest of the Vietnam era exhibit, and of course there are explosions and lights and what not.

You can even smell the Hydraulic Fluid. They've done something with the Hull. It vibrates and everything.

There is a similar Chosin room that is freakin' cold.
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
salm
Rabid Monkey

Post by salm »

The building looks pretty cool. Is it a Calatrava?
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

salm wrote:The building looks pretty cool. Is it a Calatrava?
I don't believe so. The center tower(It's referred to as a "Mast" inside) is suppose to evoke raising the Flag on Mt. Suribachi.
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Wow. Those pics and that place are full of awesome and bad ass. Good work!
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
MKSheppard
Ruthless Genocidal Warmonger
Ruthless Genocidal Warmonger

Post by MKSheppard »

I got better photos :)

Link to USMC museum photo page

"Damn it sir, Opposing fronts is out, but Shep doesn't have it yet!"

The Glorious People's Republik Of Korea!

Frozen Chosin

DOggie!

ONTOS
"If scientists and inventors who develop disease cures and useful technologies don't get lifetime royalties, I'd like to know what fucking rationale you have for some guy getting lifetime royalties for writing an episode of Full House." - Mike Wong

"The present air situation in the Pacific is entirely the result of fighting a fifth rate air power." - U.S. Navy Memo - 24 July 1944