Darkest Knight, Truest Faith

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

Majin Gojira
Sith Acolyte

Darkest Knight, Truest Faith

Post by Majin Gojira »

Title: Darkest Knight, Truest Faith

Author: Majin Gojira

Category: Crossover/Action/Drama

Rating: PG-13 (Which means I can drop the F-bomb only once in either the adjective or the verb form. But not in the noun form.)

Type of Crossover: BtVS/DCU

Summary: Faith is released from prison. The only way for her to stay out and stay alive is to take down a legendary figure who some say is a vampire…Gotham city’s Batman.

Notes: despite an attempt to remain true to the current comic continuity, this is pretty much an Elseworlds deal; so don’t yell at me for mistakes in the comic continuity. Oh, and for some unknown reason, Superman is not on earth, or doing something really important somewhere else. Just because he’d muck up any chance for their to be an interesting story of any kind.

Legal Stuff: I own nothing. Blah, blah, blah…you know the drill by now.

Distribution: Really, Ok, just ask (hey, it happened once…)

‘Entering the light, leaving behind the Dark Knight

Some things are evil, hidden behind a human face

Some things are good, and cover their face

Stumbling from the darkness, Can she choose what is right?’

- Some shitty poem by an even shittier author.

Black.

That was all that Faith could see, a thick black hood hid rested on her head. She didn’t know where she was, nor did she care. She knew she had been chained to a steel chair. Thick chains as well, as if someone knew who they were dealing with…which generally wasn’t a good sign.

She could feel the presence of other people in the room. Guards, big ones if anything. The more she figured out about the situation, the less she liked it.

After waiting still for what felt like an eternity, she heard the footsteps of a small groups of people enter the room, and what sounded like others leaving it. The clicking of their shoes made her twitch a little. They sounded like business shoes. Her muscles tightened as the fear induced adrenaline seeped into her bloodstream.

‘The Council…’ she thought, ‘God…not the watcher’s council…’

Faith prepared for the worst.

When the hood was finally removed, she snapped her head about as she quickly scanned the room: it was a drab concrete room, almost like her cell. The only pieces of furniture in the room were the metal chair she sat, chained too, and the desk and table across from her. On either side of her chair, and of the desk, was a guard. But not just any guard – Secret Service. Sitting at the desk was the President himself: Lex Luthor.

“So…this is where tax dollars go…” She titled her head slightly as she shrugged, “figured.”

Lex sat stately in his seat. “I must apologies for the accommodations, Miss… ‘Faith’… But they are a necessary precaution.”

Faith’s orange prison jumpsuit rustled as she shifted uncomfortably in her seat. “Yeah, well…can’t blame you for that…Guess you know about me…ya know…what I am.”

“Yes, and that is precisely why I have brought to meet with me.” Lex responded, “There is a matter of national security that requires someone with your abilities.”

“Get B then.”

“B?”

“Buffy, ya know, the real Slayer. She’s the Chosen One…She’s the hero. I’m just a Killer.”

“Ah, Ms. Summers. She has made it quite clear that she would not work cooperatively with us under any pretences.”

“And that is supposed to make me trust you?” Faith snorted, “What’s your game?”

“I take it you’ve heard about Gotham City’s Nocturnal Resident?”

“The Batman?”

Lex nodded.

“Thought he was just some urban legend…Like the Day-Walker or something.”

“The government has reason to believe that the Batman is a hostile sub-terrestrial…a Demon. We want you to track it down and destroy it.” Lex told her.

“…Why?” She asked him, rather bluntly.

“That is a broad question, miss. Is it ‘why should you do it?’ or ‘why do I want to put down the Batman?’”

“Both, Actually.”

“As you might recall, before becoming President I began recovery work in Gotham city. There are many elements in Gotham that hinder its rise out of the darkness and into the light of a new tomorrow. The Batman is one of those elements. As to why should you do it…lets just say…the rewards are great and the penalties are harsh.”

“And if I refuse to play?”

“Since we are allied with the United Kingdom, you will be brought into the custody of the Council of Watchers, to deal with you as they see fit.”

“The reward?”

“Rather simply, freedom. You will be given a full pardon for your past ‘mistakes,’ released from prison…as well as a sizable monetary sum.”

“…So, I really have no choice in the matter…”

“There is also the fact that by doing this, you can help correct some of those ‘mistakes’ that you turned yourself in for in the first place. If you’re still attempting to redeem yourself…otherwise….”

“I am!” Faith declared, “ I am…I-I’ll do it.”

“Very good.” Lex smiled.

“But not for you.” Faith interrupted. “Not for you, not for the money, not for the freedom, and not because of the threats either. I’m gonna do this for myself. I’ve been inside for almost 4 years so far. I want to see how far I’ve gotten…I want to see if I really have changed…”

“Very well.” Lex’s smile had faded, “You will be briefed on the exact parameters of the mission on your way to Gotham. Though I should warn you – never underestimate the Batman. He is a foe unlike any other.”

“Which is why you called me in the first place isn’t it?”

“Yes, it is…and, as you might have guessed--”

“This didn’t happen, you weren’t here, blah, blah, blah”

“Exactly.”

With that, Lex got up and left the room with two of the guards. ‘She’ll need all the skill she has to survive the coming week. Batman is the least of her worries…’

That was only a few days ago. Faith arrived in Gotham City the following morning. A room was given too her. It was not the nicest place, about on the same level as the place she stayed in while in Sunnydale. Which, for Gotham City, was considered a ‘good’ place. She had been given her old clothes, as well as some new ones – in a similar vein to her old ones, some spending cash, and a cell phone – it was only to be used to confirm the kill.

Tonight would be he second night in the dark city. The first night was used in getting a basic lay of the land. Tonight the hunt began.

As she left the motel, she tried to figure out a game plan. Lex had given her some information on the Batman’s habits and hangouts. She had two theories: the Batman was either a type of Vengeance Demon of Crime; or it was a vampire – as to why it always attacked criminals…given the crime rate of this city, Faith doubted it could anything BUT criminals.

Faith knew how her patrol would go.

‘God…patrol…I haven’t been on a patrol in…god…’

For a split second, she was lost in the sea of her own self-loathing and doubt, completely oblivious to the world around her. That second was all it took for her to become a target.

When she raised her head again a gang surrounded her: a generic Gotham City gang out for thrills and money. There were five of them, more than enough to overpower a lone person walking at night. The fact that they were armed with crude weapons: one had a lead pipe; another had chains; the third had twin switchblades; the biggest of them had brass knuckles. It was the leader’s weapon that caught her eye and drew up dark memories. It was a hunting knife; nearly identical to the one the Mayor had given her when she joined him.

Faith gazed directly at the leader.

“Well, this really is a pleasant surprise…” the leader sneered, “Baby, try not to struggle much. I don’t wanna mark ya up much…yet anyway.”

The gang followers chuckled in malevolent anticipation as they closed in.

Faith glowered at them.

“Uh-oh!” the one with the switchblades mocked, “She looks pissed! Better back off!”

Faith took in a deep breath in an effort to calm herself down. “Since you’re all…such nice boys…I’m going to give you a little tip…know who you’re up against…For me, I’m up against a bunch of little boys who, to compensate for their small penises, formed a gang so they can attack weaker bystanders in an effort to make themselves look tougher.”

The gang growled and murmured at Faith’s rather accurate dissection of their character.

“Girl, you’re in for a world of hurt!” the big one growled as he charged her from behind. In one simple motion, Faith spun around and punched the poor bastard in the stomach; audible breaking of his ribs was followed by his short flight back several feet, and onto the ground in a stunned heap.

“You, on the other hand,” Faith continued, “are messing with something you have no hope of comprehending.” She sneered. “Now, which one of you do I beat to get the info I want?”

After a look of bewilderment, they charged. And were easily dispatched by the leather clad femme fatale. Faith tried her best to keep the heat of battle from consuming her, but given the level of difficulty they presented, it was a relatively simple task.

With the gang members broken on the ground, she walked over to the leader – the only one still conscious. Picked him up with one hand and slammed him into the brick wall of a building.

“Ok, Buddy, I’ve got some questions I need you to answer. You don’t give me the information I need; I break bones until you do. Got it?” She spewed out in an icy tone.

The leader nodded vigorously in fear.

“Good…Now, I need information…About the Batman.”

“Wha-What?”

::Crack::

“You heard me? What do you know about the Bat?”

“I-I don’t know much…he’s like some guy, he goes around at night and, like, stops shit from going down.”

“Old news, I need new stuff. Where can I find him?”

“What? You’re looking for the Bat?! No, man. You don’t find the Bat, he finds you, man.”

“Ok…big help.” Faith slammed him into the wall again. “Think harder!”

“Uh, Um…The police sometimes signal him if they’re in deep, man. With this searchlight on tha roof of the station! A-A-and sometimes, he’s seen in that place…what’s it…oh, Crime Alley! That’s it, yeah! Crime Alley!”

“Good boy.” Faith said as she let him down. “Run along now, and try to get hit by a bus on your way home.”

As he left, Faith noticed the hunting knife: the Jackal Dagger. She could hear it calling out to her. It wanted to be in her hand. And a part of her wanted to hold it again…to sink into the darkness…she reached out to it. Turned and ran.

“Never…again…” she hissed as she stained to regain control...

As She headed down to Crime Alley, she thought about the fight. How cold she was to them. How easily she did it. It scared her a little. But, though she would say unfortunately, there were signs of improvement – none of them had died, and none were comatose. Her control had improved…but still had a long way to go. Her real test would be Batman…if she could remain in control while fighting him…then she would know.

TBC
ISARMA: Daikaiju Coordinator: Just Add Radiation
Justice League- Molly Hayes: Respect Hats or Freakin' Else!
Browncoat
Supernatural Taisen - "[This Story] is essentially "Wouldn't it be awesome if this happened?" Followed by explosions."

Reviewing movies is a lot like Paleontology: The Evidence is there...but no one seems to agree upon it.

"God! Are you so bored that you enjoy seeing us humans suffer?! Why can't you let this poor man live happily with his son! What kind of God are you, crushing us like ants?!" - Kyoami, Ran