Limp Bizkit returns...

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

The Spartan
Sith Marauder

Limp Bizkit returns...

Post by The Spartan »

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I heard on the radio this morning that they're reforming. Without Wes Borland. They're going to get a former Evanescence guitar player to take his place.

I really can only respond with: ...why? I could maybe see them having another go at it, as much as they suck, if Borland came back but with another guitar player? I mean, he's about the only thing they had going for them and now he's not even going to be in the band.

What blows my mind was that the radio DJs were happy the prospect.
The Gentleman from Texas abstains. Discourteously.
PRFYNAFBTFC-Vice Admiral: MFS Masturbating Walrus :: Omine subtilite Odobenus rosmarus masturbari
Soy un perdedor.
"WHO POOPED IN A NORMAL ROOM?!"-Commander William T. Riker
Zac Naloen
Sith Acolyte

Post by Zac Naloen »

People can say what they want but Significant Other is one of the standout albums of my teenage years :P
Member of the Unremarkables
Just because you're god, it doesn't mean you can treat people that way : - My girlfriend
Evil Brit Conspiracy - Insignificant guy
salm
Rabid Monkey

Re: Limp Bizkit returns...

Post by salm »

The Spartan wrote:BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I heard on the radio this morning that they're reforming. Without Wes Borland. They're going to get a former Evanescence guitar player to take his place.

I really can only respond with: ...why? I could maybe see them having another go at it, as much as they suck, if Borland came back but with another guitar player? I mean, he's about the only thing they had going for them and now he's not even going to be in the band.

What blows my mind was that the radio DJs were happy the prospect.
Why not? They can probably make quite a couple of bucks by reforming and using their old name which is allready known. They probably still have quite a few fans and a bunch of people might get their new stuff for nostalgic reasons. Many band reunions have been a success.
TithonusSyndrome
Sith Devotee

Post by TithonusSyndrome »

I wonder if they're assuming that since 80's metal became retro-chic sometime starting about five years ago, that their time to boomerang back around might be near at hand. These revival periods always get shorter and shorter, until we finally have what Frank Zappa called "death by nostalgia" when the revival period between the current time and the time being recalled shrinks to 0.
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Enh. They weren't all that great as far as music goes, but at least at the time it sounded new and was fun. I think Henry Rollins summed up Limp Bizkit best... (paraphrasing) "They fucking suck! But if I was 16 years old I would be rocking my brains out to them."

P.S. I would take them any day of the week and twice on Sundays over the "emo" thing that is going on.
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

Post by weemadando »

You haven't appreciated Limp Bizkit until you've done a 20+ standard drinks interpretive dance to "Rollin'".
TithonusSyndrome
Sith Devotee

havokeff wrote:Enh. They weren't all that great as far as music goes, but at least at the time it sounded new and was fun.
Not really, there's been rap-rock combos before them that pulled it off with less screamy, whiny bullshit... Rage Against The Machine, Cypress Hill, Body Count, even Public Enemy or Biohazard if you're setting the bar no higher than Limp Bizkit. There's no significant difference between a nu-metal band and an emo band, lyrically speaking.
salm
Rabid Monkey

Post by salm »

TithonusSyndrome wrote:
havokeff wrote:Enh. They weren't all that great as far as music goes, but at least at the time it sounded new and was fun.
Not really, there's been rap-rock combos before them that pulled it off with less screamy, whiny bullshit... Rage Against The Machine, Cypress Hill, Body Count, even Public Enemy or Biohazard if you're setting the bar no higher than Limp Bizkit. There's no significant difference between a nu-metal band and an emo band, lyrically speaking.
Cypress Hill? Rock? :wtf:
TithonusSyndrome
Sith Devotee

Have you ever listened to the album "Skull & Bones"? That's as crossover as it gets, and waaaaaaaay better than Limp Bizkit at any rate. I don't know who played guitar on that album, but at least they knew how to keep from turning into a big farty mess the way Limp Bizkit insists on doing.
Lord Pounder
Pretty Hate Machine

Post by Lord Pounder »

Wes Borland was the only good thing about Limp Bizkit. Fred Durst is a crying bitch with a baby dick, ( I saw the movie the douches that hacked T-Mobile put on the net). DJ Lethal doesn't even have the skill of Joe Hahn, which says a lot. The drummer and bass player are anonymous minions.

Yeah they had some good tracks, Break Stuff is good for a heavy work out, but that's about it. In short I'm more excited about the reformation of Boyzone (see not very).
RIP Yosemite Bear
Gone, Never Forgotten
TithonusSyndrome
Sith Devotee

Lord Pounder wrote:Wes Borland was the only good thing about Limp Bizkit.
I heard his solo album Big Dumb Face was interesting, but I can't think of a man who better embodies obnoxious guitar tone and hacky riffing than him, except possibly the pouters in Slipknot.
DPDarkPrimus
Emperor's Hand

Post by DPDarkPrimus »

Mayabird is my girlfriend
Justice League:BotM:MM:SDnet City Watch:Cybertron's Finest
"Well then, science is bullshit. "
-revprez, with yet another brilliant rebuttal.
TithonusSyndrome
Sith Devotee

That's absolutely heinous. If any underground band ever tried that they'd be mobbed to death, but since they're on a major label they can hide away in their ivory tower. Nice one, you spineless shits.
The Spartan
Sith Marauder

Post by The Spartan »

Salm, didn't want you to think I was ignoring you; I'm out of town at the moment.

Anyhow, Tithonus and Lord Pounder have managed to sum up my thinking.
The Gentleman from Texas abstains. Discourteously.
PRFYNAFBTFC-Vice Admiral: MFS Masturbating Walrus :: Omine subtilite Odobenus rosmarus masturbari
Soy un perdedor.
"WHO POOPED IN A NORMAL ROOM?!"-Commander William T. Riker
tim31
Sith Devotee

Post by tim31 »

Re: article Darkprimus posted, jesus. They sure know how to incite a riot :roll:
lol, opsec doesn't apply to fanfiction. -Aaron

PRFYNAFBTFC
CAPTAIN OF MFS SAMMY HAGAR
ImageImage